The Angel of the LORD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,324 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Nick you clearly have a problem with this because the word angel and messenger are the same word.
    I don't have a problem with this.

Jesus is called an angel/messenger at least once.
    Men are called angels/messengers on a number of occasions.

It appears that you do not understand this. But it is a fact.
    I accept it and I am not sure how you reconcile this conflict with your view.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    One verse is enough for you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    So it is all confusion to you?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2012,21:37)
    Hi t8,
    Called an angel?
    Are all messengers angels?
    Is one verse enough for you to speculate from?

N

wen it comes to the will of God I mean the entire house of God ,are all angels ,some with more power than other ,cherub,Seraphin,arch,messenger ,but ALL are working for God plan to become as God wanted, does not the church of Christ works has one ??? yes it does ,why would the entire house of God be different ???

even Christ is a major participant and many angels came down to serve him in his need ,and Christ being the only son of God would therefore be the second in command ,the only one that sits on the right hand of God his father ,

look in Daniel how the army of angel battle for Gods will against the Devils angels ,

Can the hand say to the foot ,I do not need you or the eyes or….all are together working for God purpose ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 07 2012,12:04)
    Hi T8,
    So it is all confusion to you?

No confusion for me Nick. To think there is, means you obviously do not understand what I am saying.

Rather, any confusion seems to be with you from what I can tell because you haven't explained why scripture is wrong when it says that Jesus, John, Malachi, etc are angels or are describes as such.

My belief is that angel is not always a word that references race, nature, or type. Like theos, it can also refer to office or function. That is why I have no confusion. Yet from the first time I uttered this, you go on about angels as meaning only one thing and appear to ridicule me for saying that Jesus and John are referred as or described as angels. The obvious thing to bring up at this point is why you ignore scriptures that refer to Jesus, John, Malachi, etc as angels.

But since you continually challenge me regarding this, I now take the challenge and would like to start with the following question. And if necessary it might be better to take it to the Hot Seat in order that neither of us miss the conversation.

So I have 2 questions and you are only obliged to answer the first one as the second is more about method.

1) “How do you reconcile your understanding of the word “angel” when it is applied to Jesus and John?

2) Shall I take this to the Hot Seat to get this sorted once and for all?

Look forward to your reply.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8, perhaps I can help you to get this sorted out.

Angels are sometimes messengers to Humans.               …(in essence) agree
    A Person may also be a messenger of God.                     …(in essence) says T8
    But a Human is not an Angelic being..                            …(in essence) says Nick
    This way, we are all in agreement.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Now you make threats??
    What has happened to this forum when those with power use it against members?

Jesus is never called an angel in any bible
    John is never called an angel in any bible

Put away this punitive legalism

Ed J
    Participant

Yes Nick, English refines God's message…

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them
    (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
    (that is English) will he speak to this people.

1Cor.14:27 (AKJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two(Hebrew, Aramaic),
    or at the most by three
    (Greek), and that by course; [and let one (“AKJV Bible”) translate].

The “AKJV Bible” we have today was no accident, it's exactly the way GOD wanted it!

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…..1 TH 4:16 …> For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a Shout, with the voice of the archangel, (chief angel) and with the trump of God…..>

The word Angel is also translated as Messenger in Scripture they are the same word in the Greek Language.

mal'ak…….From an unused root meanint to despatch as a deputy;

Nick it appears what T8 has said does have  does have some merit to it brother. a messenger; specifically of God, that is , an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher): – ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

Ang'-el-os……..>  From agello (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an “angel” ; by implication a pastor :- angel, messenger.

There does seems to be some confusion that revolves around the word Angel.  Rather the word is dealing with and Angel being or a Messenger which can be a Man or any one God uses it seems. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2012,19:31)
    Hi T8, perhaps I can help you to get this sorted out.

1. Angels are sometimes messengers to Humans.               …(in essence) agree
    2. A Person may also be a messenger of God.                    …(in essence) says T8
    3. But a Human is not an Angelic being..                            …(in essence) says Nick
       This way, we are all in agreement.

God bless

Hi Gene, do you agree with these three points?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Angels seem to be disappearing in the minds of many who feel free to assign their roles to men.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2012,23:36)
    Hi T8,
    Now you make threats??
    What has happened to this forum when those with power use it against members?

Jesus is never called an angel in any bible
    John is never called an angel in any bible

Put away this punitive legalism

Nick there is no harm in getting to the bottom of a matter.
    Please go over to the Hot Seat.

I have questions waiting over there on this matter. I will ask one question at a time.

I just want to clear this up and I don't seem to be able to do so here. Instead I am getting one liners that do not even come close to talking about certain scriptures I have brought up.

See you there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    God is not His own messenger is He?
    Neither is the Son of God any sort of angel.[Heb1]

kerwin
    Participant

To all;

It is written that the covenant of Moses was given through beings from the spirit realms. The covenant of the Spirit is superior to that. Jesus, a human, was created a little lower than the beings from heaven and then elevated above them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Is it …or does it say angels?
    Yes Jesus the lowly man, by the power of the Spirit, shamed the powerful angels who rebelled.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 23 2012,01:24)
    To all;

It is written that the covenant of Moses was given through beings from the spirit realms.  The covenant of the Spirit is superior to that.  Jesus, a human, was created a little lower than the beings from heaven and then elevated above them.

K

So what his given from Angels his lower than what has been given from a man ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is a prophet and a messenger
    but prophets are not angels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why do folk theorise about the roles of servant vessels when it is the work of the Spirit of God that is relevant?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,16:22)
    Hi KW,
    Is it …or does it say angels?
    Yes Jesus the lowly man, by the power of the Spirit, shamed the powerful angels who rebelled.

Nick;

It explicitly states angels; which I believe come from the spirit realms; which is to say the heavens.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 22 2012,20:12)

Quote (kerwin @ June 23 2012,01:24)
    To all;

It is written that the covenant of Moses was given through beings from the spirit realms.  The covenant of the Spirit is superior to that.  Jesus, a human, was created a little lower than the beings from heaven and then elevated above them.

K

So what his given from Angels his lower than what has been given from a man ????

T;

Humanity was given rule of the world while angels serve in the heavenly courts of God.  Jesus originally created as one of those that ruled the earth but has now been appointed as he that rules both the heavenly courts and the world.  

As you say; God chose to elevate a human being above the angels; for he chose to declare him as his chief son by whom all others children, whether in heaven and on earth, come to him.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account