The Angel of the LORD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,324 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,05:44)
    Hi T,
    Jesus died,
    Now Jesus CHRIST is the FIRSTBORN FROM AMONG THE DEAD
    That anointing was the power of God in creation and still binds the church to God

Send forth thy Spirit and they shall be created and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.

Amen!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,12:44)
    Hi T,
    Jesus died,
    Now Jesus CHRIST is the FIRSTBORN FROM AMONG THE DEAD
    That anointing was the power of God in creation and still binds the church to God

Send forth thy Spirit and they shall be created and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.

Nick

you have an habit of changing subject, refusing to answer ,

so can you answer me to what I ask ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    I struggle with your english/spelling and I think others do too

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,13:38)
    Hi T,
    I struggle with your english/spelling and I think others do too

Nick

it is amazing you can not make as a Christian an effort to understand my English,and you believe that the son of God came down for YOUR SINS to forgive them ?

the difficulty is even greater for me ,

but then if it is that bad I will refrain me of talking to you and other complainers ,

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So would you not attempt to rephrase the question?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I have asked Pierre that myself many times, but his response
    to me becomes it is because you don't know the answer;
    rather, it is because we don't know the question.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,14:33)
    Hi T,
    So would you not attempt to rephrase the question?

Nick

what part of it do you not understand,??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 14 2012,15:54)
    Hi Nick,

I have asked Pierre that myself many times, but his response
    to me becomes it is because you don't know the answer;
    rather, it is because we don't know the question.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

when it suits you ,you do the same ,suddenly you are not make sens to what i have written ,

specially wen it does not lined up with your views

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

If you test the hypothesis that Jesus is an angel against this scripture then you will see that it contradicts it.

Hebrews 2:5

New International Version (NIV)
    Jesus Made Fully Human
    5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,05:38)
    Hi t8,
    The angel of the Lord is mentioned in the first verse but not the second.
    There is no suggestion that the rock they drank from was an angel.

OK, but the Angel of the LORD was present, we know that much.

There is also many similarities with this angel and with Jesus Christ such as the name and term “wonderful” as well as the fact that Jesus is actually referred to as an angel/messenger.

Malachi 3:1
    1 “See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking  will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the LORD Almighty.

Even Malachi is the word for Angel/Messenger, and most assume that this text is talking of John the Baptist and Jesus Christ who are both men. Feel free to show that this is not speaking of these men.

Not many people get this because they get too irritable to see what is really being said. I am not trying to say that Jesus is a Cherub or Seraph from Heaven, but that the Angel of the LORD is the Messenger of the LORD and that this messenger bears a strong resemblance to Jesus Christ.

This messenger appears in the OT accompanied with Angels. He appears to be their head and is always described as very special. In addition to that, his appearance is like lightning, and his clothes as white as snow. He forgives sins, and upon seeing him, men say that they have seen God. This compliments the fact that Jesus is the image of the invisible God, so we know that when we see Jesus we know what God is like.

Even after all these coincidences, the Angel of the LORD is never mentioned while Christ is on Earth and yet is mentioned many times in the Old Testament.

It is easy to write such things off, you only have to be stubborn and say, not true. Anyone can do that.
    But people who love truth accept truth because they are teachable and hungry for truth. We learn not just from revelation in scripture and the spirit, but also by pattern.

Many truths even in Science are discovered by pattern and I believe that we should never write these off but remain open minded about possibilities that have circumstantial evidence.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 14 2012,10:11)
    To all,

If you test the hypothesis that Jesus is an angel against this scripture then you will see that it contradicts it.

Jesus Made Fully Human
    5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.

Kerwin.

The Angel of the LORD is the same word as the Messenger of the LORD and both Jesus and John are called messengers.

When you see the word messenger or angel in scripture, the choice of word is up to the translator.

Therefore, the Angel of the LORD is not necessarily an Angel by race, but could be the messenger by office.

If we just think in terms of angels as a species or race, then you are right. But men are called messengers and so is the Messenger of the LORD.

terraricca
    Participant

Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    We need strong evidence.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 14 2012,18:10)
    Hi T8,
    We need strong evidence.

Nick

is understanding of the truth strong evidence ??or is it only evidence to those who believe according to the truth of God ??

sorry for my poor English

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    God will teach plainly what is important.
    He offers support in his Word.

Chasing possibilities by inference is of little value

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………..Come on you do support the idea that Jesus was a “MORPHED” Angel unless i am mistaken in this but this is what i have been lead by your words, you agree with Mike and Pierre about Jesus' Preexistences as a Sentinel Being and used scriptures to shore up this false belief. Jesus was a Man like all other men and came into existence the same way by a Berth from a Women, He recieved the CHRISTOS (or) anointing Spirit of GOD at the Jordan river and was straight way led by it into the wilderness to be tested. The Christos was the anointing on all of GOD'S Chosen Leaders and that includes Jesus also.

The power of God to get into the mind of man and reveal truth into the Mind of men is what Jesus said was the “ROCK” he would  build the Church on, and that Same “ROCK” was the SPIRIT of GOD following the Childern of Israel in the wilderness.  All his chosen leaders had the anointing on them all through the bible and that same anointing was (IN) the Man Jesus . Just as Jesus said “the FATHER is (IN) ME> GOD the FATHER was (IN) Jesus by the anointing he recieved at the Jordan River. IMO

peace and love …………………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2012,05:55)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 14 2012,10:11)
    To all,

Jesus Made Fully Human

Kerwin.

The Angel of the LORD is the same word as the Messenger of the LORD and both Jesus and John are called messengers.

When you see the word messenger or angel in scripture, the choice of word is up to the translator.

Therefore, the Angel of the LORD is not necessarily an Angel by race, but could be the messenger by office.

If we just think in terms of angels as a species or race, then you are right. But men are called messengers and so is the Messenger of the LORD.

T8,

The hypothesis you put forward is that it was a Messenger of God but not an angel.

Does that hypothesis stand up to these verses.

Judges 13

6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him, “A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn’t ask him where he came from, and he didn’t tell me his name. 7 But he said to me, ‘You will become pregnant and have a son. Now then, drink no wine or other fermented drink and do not eat anything unclean, because the boy will be a Nazirite of God from the womb until the day of his death.’” 8 Then Manoah prayed to the LORD: “Pardon your servant, Lord. I beg you to let the man of God you sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born.”

Judges 13

21 When the angel of the LORD did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD.

22 “We are doomed to die!” he said to his wife. “We have seen God!”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes I think it does stack up in what you have provided.
    It sums it all up in one piece of text.

He was called a man, an angel, the angel, and was equated with seeing God.

How many angels are called men, THE angel as opposed to an angel, and is equated with seeing God.
    Whoever he is, he is very special that much is for sure.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2012,10:48)
    Yes I think it does stack up in what you have provided.
    It sums it all up in one piece of text.

He was called a man, an angel, the angel, and was equated with seeing God.

How many angels are called men, THE angel as opposed to an angel, and is equated with seeing God.
    Whoever he is, he is very special that much is for sure.

T8,

A man of God is also a messenger of God and so why would it be written “Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD” unless they discovered her was an angelic being?

The two angels that came to Lot were also called men.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 14 2012,13:00)
    T8………..Come on you do support the idea that Jesus was a “MORPHED” Angel

With a comment like that, it shows you are not listening to me. No point in dialog with you is there.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account