Terraricca and 2b

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

I feel that Terraricca has been avoided my questions, and so I would like to discuss them here – without interruption from other members, at least not initially. Thank you.

Terraricca,
    I would like this to be a discussion which is respectful, with no personal attacks.
    One post each and in turn, Okay.

2besee
    Participant

Terraricca,

My two questions are:

1) Where did you learn that the Angels took part in creation? Because it is not in scripture.

2) Who is the Holy Spirit, to you?

We can start with number one.
    Thank you.

2besee
    Participant

I have edited the posts above to be two questions rather than three because the third question was answered.

2besee
    Participant

So,
    I guess that Terraricca will not answer the questions.
    I wonder if perhaps the reason why Terraricca will not answer is because then he would have to admit that, after all of his unfounded accusations that we are “following the opinions of men” when we are not (usually) — the truth is that it is perhaps Terraricca who has followed the teachings of men via JW literature, because I am almost certain that it is the JW's who teach that angels took part in creation, and also it is the JW's who teach that the Holy Spirit is not a being but rather is the force of God, much like electricity.

Am I guessing right?

terraricca
    Participant

1) Where did you learn that the Angels took part in creation? Because it is not in scripture.

you are right it is not said in plain written words ,this as to be understood ,within the scriptures ,and for this to happen you have to read the scriptures not paraphrase them ,or read them to someone else s view,THIS i see now as you; say you doing ,but what is strange to me you start to read the scriptures with the apocrypha books,I can hardly see Paul talking to Ananias and declared to him that JEWISH TRADITION IS THE WAY TO THE TRUTH but in stead he followed the words that where given to him ,and so was instructed into the truth of Christ and God by Ananias a true disciple of Christ ,

now,the question ;why do I believe that the angels where created to become a participant of God's creation ???

A) in the same way that men was created first(means Adam and Eve) and so given the task of keep up and develop , what was created by God ,

B) Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

if you would this scriptures stand by what they say and means without adding or dividing or subtract anything ,then see what you get ;THE TRUTH

C) ‘You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    Eze 28:13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.
    Eze 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    Eze 28:16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    Eze 28:17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.
    Eze 28:18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.
    Eze 28:19 All the nations who knew you
    are appalled at you;
    you have come to a horrible end
    and will be no more.’

so the corruption of Satan start here and will end here ,

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

Pr 8:32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me;
    blessed are those who keep my ways.
    Pr 8:33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
    do not ignore it.
    Pr 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.
    Pr 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life
    and receives favor from the LORD.
    Pr 8:36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
    all who hate me love death.”

understand that this verses talks about WISDOM ,but God's wisdom as no beginning just as God himself, so it can not be wisdom in it self ,but something that was created in the beginning ,just like Paul said in Col;1.16…….. but Christ the son of God the first born of creation,the door to life, the way to live,the way to God his father ,Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man(Jesus Christ)

Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already

SO THE WISDOM FUND IN CHRIST IS THE ONE THAT GIVES LIFE ;

Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.(EVIL MEANS NOT OF GOD)

All those scriptures will teach you that God is in control and measures all the actions of the angels in heaven or on earth and men on earth ,and that God's wisdom(will) is the way of law ;walking outside of it will bring you down no matter who you are,

terraricca
    Participant

2) Who is the Holy Spirit, to you?

to me ? you say ??? do I not seek God's truth ??? yes I do ,so let see what scriptures is saying ;

Ps 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.

in this scripture I learn that God CAN take away what he gives in this verse it is THE HOLY SPIRIT , so if we have it there is still a way to lose it right ??

what I say above is confirmed in this scripture ;Isa 63:10 Yet they rebelled
    and grieved his Holy Spirit.
    So he turned and became their enemy
    and he himself fought against them.

now pay attention to this scriptures ;

Isa 63:11 Then his people recalled the days of old,
    the days of Moses and his people—
    where is he who brought them through the sea,
    with the shepherd of his flock?
    Where is he who set
    his Holy Spirit among them,

God did place his holy spirit AMONG THEM ,meaning on an SHEPHERD

so so far we know that the holy spirit is something that God gives to some people but can also take it away right ,

BUT WHY WOULD GIVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE ??? AND WHY WOULD HE TAKE IT AWAY IN ONLY ONE CONDITION ??? YOU SHOULD BEABLE TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU HAVE FINISH READING THE WHOLE BIBLE,

Mt 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

IF A TRUE PROPHET OF GOD CAN NOT SUPPLY THE HOLY SPIRIT A MAN LIKE JOHN THE BAPTIST RECOGNIZED BY THE SON OF GOD TO BE THE GREATEST PROPHET UP TO HIM,WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE ABLE TO GIVE THE GIFT OF GOD ??? UP TO JESUS TIME IT WAS ONLY GOD THAT PROVIDED THE HOLY SPIRIT ,BUT NOW HE DID IT THROUGH CHRIST HIS ONLY SON ,WHY ??? THIS ANSWER IS FUND IN COL;1;15-21 ALSO JUST AS PETER SAID IN;;Ac 2:33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

WHAT IS IT THAT PETER MENTION THAT IS ABLE NOW TO BE “SEEN AND HEARD “??? DID NOT PETER CALLED OUT JOEL;
    AC 2:16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
    AC 2:17 ‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says,
    ‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
    AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
    AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
    AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    AC 2:18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
    I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
    And they shall prophesy.
    AC 2:19 ‘AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE
    AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW,
    BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE.
    AC 2:20 ‘THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS
    AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD,
    BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.
    AC 2:21 ‘AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’
    AC 2:22 “Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know—

WITCH ONE OF THE DESCRIPTION PETER TALKS ABOUT WAS NOT FULFILLED ???

SO THEIR COULD BE MORE SAID ON THE WHAT IS THE “HOLY SPIRIT ” BUT MOST OF THE SCRIPTURES WILL ONLY CONFIRM THE ABOVE ONES,

THAT IS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD IS THE TRUE POWER OF GOD THAT IS ACTIVE IN THOSE WHO ARE WORKING WITHIN HIS WILL FOR THE GLORIFICATION OF HIS NAME ,SO IT COULD BE CALLED THE “ACTIVE POWER(FORCE) OF GOD ” BUT IN NO WAY YOU CAN FIND SCRIPTURES THAT SAYS THAT HE IS A PERSON, OR BELONG TO ANY OTHER THAN GOD HIMSELF ,

THIS ANSWERS ARE IN SCRIPTURES AND NOT IN ANY RELIGION DOCTRINES ,IF YOU WILL ANSWER ME PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME INTERNET OPINIONS BUT ONLY SCRIPTURES ,

Here is proof that Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as a person….

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. John 16:13, 14

So if the Spirit is not a person then why did Jesus speak of him as a person using personal attributes and pronouns?

Lets look at the greek words surrounding the pronouns and see if we can understand why.

The verse says the Spirit of truth will…

”Come”… erchomai, which means…
    1) to come
    a) of persons
    1) to come from one place to another, and used both of persons arriving and of those returning
    2) to appear, make one's appearance, come before the public

This word is used AV — come 616, go 13, misc 13, vr come 1

It is used almost invariably in association with a person in the NT.

“Guide”… hodēgeō, which means… 1) to be a guide, lead on one's way, to guide
    2) to be a guide or a teacher
    a) to give guidance to

This word is used AV — lead 3, guide 2

100 percent used in association with a person.

“Speak”… laleo,  which means…

1) to utter a voice or emit a sound
    2) to speak
    a) to use the tongue or the faculty of speech
    b) to utter articulate sounds
    3) to talk
    4) to utter, tell
    5) to use words in order to declare one's mind and disclose one's thoughts
    a) to speak

AV — speak 244, say 15, tell 12, talk 11, preach 6, utter 4, misc 3, vr speak 1

Almost invariably it involves a person with a tongue.

“Hear”… akouō, which means…

1) to be endowed with the faculty of hearing, not deaf
    2) to hear
    b) to attend to, consider what is or has been said
    c) to understand, perceive the sense of what is said
    3) to hear something
    a) to perceive by the ear what is announced in one's presence
    b) to get by hearing learn
    c) a thing comes to one's ears, to find out, learn
    d) to give ear to a teaching or a teacher
    e) to comprehend, to understand

AV — hear 418, hearken 6, give audience 3, hearer 2, misc 8

Again, almost invariably associated with a person who has ears.

“Shew” anaggello,

1) to announce, make known
    2) to report, bring back tidings, rehearse

AV — tell 6, show 6, declare 3, rehearse 1, speak 1, report 1

100% associated with a person who has a tongue.

While we are at it lets look at the 14th verse.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Spirit of truth will…

“Glorify” doxazo,
    1) to think, suppose, be of opinion
    2) to praise, extol, magnify, celebrate
    3) to honour, do honour to, hold in honour
    4) to make glorious, adorn with lustre, clothe with splendour
    a) to impart glory to something, render it excellent
    b) to make renowned, render illustrious
    1) to cause the dignity and worth of some person or thing to become manifest and acknowledged

AV — glorify 54, honour 3, have glory 2, magnify 1, make glorious 1, full of glory 1

100% associated with a person.

The Spirit of truth will…

“Receive” lambano,

1) to take
    a) to take with the hand, lay hold of, any person or thing in order to use it
    1) to take up a thing to be carried
    2) to take upon one's self
    b) to take in order to carry away
    1) without the notion of violence, i,e to remove, take away
    c) to take what is one's own, to take to one's self, to make one's own
    1) to claim, procure, for one's self
    a) to associate with one's self as companion, attendant
    2) of that which when taken is not let go, to seize, to lay hold of, apprehend
    3) to take by craft (our catch, used of hunters, fisherman, etc.), to circumvent one by fraud
    4) to take to one's self, lay hold upon, take possession of, i.e. to appropriate to one's self
    5) catch at, reach after, strive to obtain
    6) to take a thing due, to collect, gather (tribute)
    d) to take
    1) to admit, receive
    2) to receive what is offered
    3) not to refuse or reject
    4) to receive a person, give him access to one's self,
    a) to regard any one's power, rank, external circumstances, and on that account to do some injustice or neglect something
    e) to take, to choose, select
    f) to take beginning, to prove anything, to make a trial of, to experience
    2) to receive (what is given), to gain, get, obtain, to get back

AV — receive 133, take 106, have 3, catch 3, not tr 1, misc 17

Almost invariably associated with a person.

So we see that Jesus says the Holy Spirit will “Come, Speak, Shew, Glorify, Recieve, and in other places he can teach, comfort, can be grieved and blasphemed.

A mere power or force cannot do these things for these are the attributes of a living being!

God and his Spirit are One. The Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit of God! Rom 8:9, 10

This is only two verses spoken by Jesus and not to mention the Apostles describing the Holy Spirit with personal attributes using personal pronouns.

Should we ignore them?

Is the Holy Spirit a person? If not then what sort of creature is he?  ???  

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

hi Keith

So if the Spirit is not a person then why did Jesus speak of him as a person using personal attributes and pronouns?

how could it be a person when someone can received it ,within himself and so walk with it ,so that all can see and ear it ???

Quote (terraricca @ July 30 2013,15:19)
    hi Keith

how could it be a person when someone can received it ,within himself and so walk with it ,so that all can see and ear it ???

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2 Cor 6:16

Why do you think our bodies are called the Temple of God or the Temple of the Holy Ghost? 1 Cor 3:17 and 1 Cor 6:19

God is Spirit and he lives and abides in every true believer!

And every true believer will acknowledge him as a living being that lives in them!

WJ

2besee
    Participant

Thank you Terraricca. Thank you Worshipping.

And Amen Worshipping!

Terraricca,
    I do not have the time right now to go through this properly – but I will and want to!

Please note Worshipping's points.

Also…….. Why do you say that I started reading the scriptures with only the deuterocanical books?
    That is not true.

I started reading SCRIPTURE — nothing else. I had never even HEARD of the deuterocanical books – they were not in my Bible. It was only when I was handed the Jerusalem Bible that I read them. By then I had read most of scripture.

The only thing I had NOT done was read the Bible from the beginning to end (In order) – Which I am doing now.

Anyway – Thank you.
    This is good.
    Will get back as soon as I can.

2besee
    Participant

Terraricca:
    Is God a person?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 31 2013,02:50)

Quote (terraricca @ July 30 2013,15:19)
    hi Keith

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2 Cor 6:16

Why do you think our bodies are called the Temple of God or the Temple of the Holy Ghost? 1 Cor 3:17 and 1 Cor 6:19

And every true believer will acknowledge him as a living being that lives in them!

WJ

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said,

good scripture;but we as believers have to WITNESSES OF GOD'S GLORY,at another place it says that we are the light of the world and so should shine that glory that we received from God if we have truly received it ,

as for the temple of our body ;we should understand this according to what Paul preaches ,The Jews knew that they have to be pure ,Christ as said it many time ,

a) the cup as to be clean on the inside (are we now CUPS ???)

b) GAL 5:2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
    GAL 5:3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.

this means that if the holy spirit is a person then we can not receive him in us because receiving someone else inside of our soul would not be LOVE but demoniacal ;LOVE is something you give NOT SOMETHING YOU RECEIVE ,and God's commandment are two I ) LOVE God with all your mind ,all your heart and all your Soul and all your strength,2) LOVE your neighbor as your selves ,

When you can do this two things tell me what is left inside of you as room I mean ??? your temple will be full of God's will ,and clean of any other things ,

yes God is spirit but scriptures says that we have to go to him to be saved NOT him to come to us ,and yes when we have changed to God's will and be obedient to the message and teachings of it ,then God will and would be in us in the way that his law is now in our heart ;and that is what scriptures says ; I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR HEART .

1CO 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
    1CO 3:17 If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
    1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
    1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
    1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
    1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
    1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
    1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

scriptures do not say that the “body is the temple of the holy spirit ” but Paul says that we have to be holy like our father ,and pure without blemish ,or sin ,only be truthful according to God's words ,

this bold section I never encounter in scriptures ,PLEASE COULD YOU SHOW ME THIS IN THE BIBLE ??? ,NIV,KJV,NETBIBLE,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ July 31 2013,04:09)
    Terraricca:
    Is God a person?

is God a person (being) yes he his ,but is his own spirit another being ??? if you say yes ,then God is a liar ,because he says “HE ALONE HIS GOD ” AND ” GOD HIS ONE ” not two or three ,or ….

2besee
    Participant

Terraricca,

I would rather respond properly once I have finished reading.
    You have answered the questions though – Thank you.

But, just for now:
    WJ made an excellent summary of points regarding the Holy Spirit.

What is the spirit?

1 Corinthians

2:10 God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
    2:11 For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's spirit.”

The spirit of you is not just a power or a force like electricity.
    Your spirit, for one example, can be happy or sad.

Electricity is electricity. Air is air. Neither thinks nor feels like a person does.

God is Yahweh.
    The spirit is Yahweh.
    The spirit was in Jesus Christ,
    So God, through his spirit was in Jesus Christ.

That is why Jesus said that it was the Father who was in him who does the works, and then Jesus referred to the Father who is in Heaven, too.

That is why Jesus said that he would pray to the Father, and that the Father would send the comforter (The Holy Spirit) – and then, he turned to them and said “I will come to you. I will not leave you comfortless”. That was the Holy Spirit in him speaking).

That is why Thomas said to him: “My Lord (Yahshua) and my God! (Yahweh)”

The Father was in Heaven…
    The Father was in Jesus.

Or: How would your explain the Father being in Heaven and the Father also being in Jesus Christ?
    or the other things?

===

You mentioned “Wisdom”.
    This is how I believe it:

Wisdom is God's own wisdom.
    The Word is God's own word.
    The Holy Spirit is God's own spirit.
    The Son is God's own son.

Simple!

I used to believe as the JWs.
    I no longer do.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 01 2013,04:03)
    Terraricca,
    I would rather respond properly once I have finished reading.
    You have answered the questions though – Thank you.

But, just for now:
    WJ made an excellent summary of points regarding the Holy Spirit.

I would like to add, for now:

Man gives birth to man (flesh) and true God “gives birth” to true God (spirit).

The spirit though is not a separate being to God. In other words: It is exactly God — but another partof God. (Much like you have your ears and you also have your eyes, though they are both DIFFERENT parts of you).

1 Corinthians  

2:10 God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
    2:11 For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.”

The spirit of you is not just a power or a force like electricity.
    Your spirit, for one example, can be happy or sad.

Electricity is electricity. Air is air. Neither thinks nor feels like a person does.

God is Yahweh.
    The spirit is Yahweh.
    The spirit was in Jesus Christ,
    So God, through his spirit was in Jesus Christ.
    That is why Jesus said that it was the Father who was in him who does the works, and then Jesus referred to the Father who is in Heaven, too.

That is why Jesus said that he would pray to the Father, and that the Father would send the comforter (The Holy Spirit) – and then, he turned to them and said “I will come to you. I will not leave you comfortless”. That was the Holy Spirit in him speaking).
    That is why Thomas said to him: “My Lord (Yahshua) and my God! (Yahweh)”

The Father was in Heaven…
    The Father was in Jesus.

Or: How would your explain the Father being in Heaven and the Father also being in Jesus Christ?
    or the other things?

===

You mentioned “Wisdom”.

Simple!

I used to believe as the JWs.
    I no longer do.

2bee

you have to know that God spirit is more like his will it is holy because all other spirits are corrupt ,just like our spirit it is our will ,think of it ,if we do not think nothing gets done ,it is the thinking but the thinking without power is useless, we have power I mean muscular power to do what we can or want, and so it is with God , our emotions have nothing to do with our spirit except to interpreting what we ear or teach ,some emotion are for taste, and feeling, but they are not TRUE ,so we can not rely on them for real truth

remember the truth of God as to be true into the entire scriptures ,if not it is a lie ,

2:11 For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.”

God does not reveal his truth to the wicked ones is he ???

what do you think is needed to receive the understanding from God ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 30 2013,12:59)

Luke 7:35
    “Wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”

Using your logic, wisdom is a female person who has borne children of her own.

Keith, the Trinitarians believe the Holy Spirit is their Lord.  At least that belief is in the Constantinople Creed of 381.  They call the Holy Spirit “the Lord and Giver of life”.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there are but two Lords, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Do you suppose the above is what Paul really meant to say in 1 Cor 8:6?  :)

terraricca
    Participant

2BEE

You mentioned “Wisdom”.

I would like to say only one thing ” YOU SAID ;This is how I believe it: this way it is not in the scriptures right ??? it is only your personal views ,so it is men's view not God's view right ???

2besee
    Participant

Terraricca,

Psalm

139:7 Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?  
    139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, you are there!  

Who is “You” in those verses?
    Is it not God?
    Yes.

The spirit = God's presence.
    You say that the spirit (God) is NOT a person?

2besee
    Participant

T,
    You said:

our emotions have nothing to do with our spirit

Spirit has plenty to do with emotions.

Is God spirit?
    Does God have emotions?
    Yes! Of course.

And regarding us:

Paul says:

Galatians  5:19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,  
    5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,  
    5:21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,
    5:23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  
    5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit.

Is love, joy or peace an emotion?

Of course it is.

The work of the flesh compared to the fruit of the spirit are two different things.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 01 2013,12:12)
    2BEE

You mentioned “Wisdom”.

I would like to say only one thing ” YOU SAID ;This is how I believe it:  this way it is not in the scriptures right ??? it is only your personal views ,so it is men's view not God's view right ???

Getting angry when truth is presented to you will not help you at all. That is NOT the fruits of the spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account