Terrarica, mike, Proclaimer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 17 2012,08:21)
    Pierre and Ed,

Please stick to the topic of the thread.

Mike

david did the bad works when he used edj trap to me ,

so it was allowed to me to defending my views ,then he comes and complains why ???

david does not play right ,and so I will pull out of this game ,
    see you guys in another topic .

david
    Participant

Pierre, I didn't use Ed to trap you. ?

I am trying to only pay attention to what this thread is about. I wasted 2 minutes reading your rather long post on the other page, which was NOT STATING:

–something that you, t8 and mike either agree on or disagree on.

(It seems to be you saying Ed is wrong. This thread isn't about Ed's beliefs.)

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT “DEFENDING YOUR VIEWS”. It's not about whether your beliefs or t8,s beliefs or mikes beliefs are right or wrong. It's about how united they are. How much they differ. How much agreement there is. It's not about eds beliefs.

It's odd that you say I don't play right. You act as though I wanted you to go off topic. That is extremely false.

Pierre. We don't really need you in this thread, but it would make it easier simce we are determining the accuracy of your statement. Feel free to correct me if I say you believe or don't believe something.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 19 2012,02:33)
    Pierre, I didn't use Ed to trap you.  ?

I am trying to only pay attention to what this thread is about.   I wasted 2 minutes reading your rather long post on the other page, which was NOT STATING:

–something that you, t8 and mike either agree on or disagree on.  

(It seems to be you saying Ed is wrong.   This thread isn't about Ed's beliefs.)

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT “DEFENDING YOUR VIEWS”. It's not about whether your beliefs or t8,s beliefs or mikes beliefs are right or wrong. It's about how united they are.  How much they differ.  How much agreement there is.  It's not about eds beliefs.  

It's odd that you say I don't play right.  You act as though I wanted you to go off topic.  That is extremely false.

Pierre.  We don't really need you in this thread, but it would make it easier simce we are determining the accuracy of your statement.  Feel free to correct me if I say you believe or don't believe something.

Pierre. We don't really need you in this thread

I will not correct anyhting in this topic you can say whatever ,

david
    Participant

Great. Thank you.

david
    Participant

“ON THE OTHER HAND T8 AND MIKE AND ME ARE VERY CLOSE TO UNDERSTAND IN A SAME WAY, WHY IS THAT”?–Terr, Page 34, “Messengers of God” thread.

(1 Corinthians 1:10)
    “Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

It seems to me, that individuals are not speaking in agreement, are not fitly united in the same maind, and the same line of thought, but rather, are divided in thinking.

Terrarica said the above quote. I just want to see where they line up, and where they do not.

I just realized I hadn't stated the reason for this second thread. The above is the introduction I had for the first read I created for this topic.

Proclaimer
    Participant

david, we are to be united in truth, not a denomination with their own creed written by man and from man.

So this is what we are striving for. To know the truth in all things and scripture as our Guide and hopefully in the right spirit which is God's Spirit.
    Of course there are things that wouldn't make an ounce of difference if you differed such as the belief that you can communicate with spirits or can't.

As for the elementary things well we should be united in that.

Could you imagine someone compiling a list of requirements say 8000 things that they believe and then looking for people who agree on every point. Would be a real shame if a person who believed 7999 things and differed on one point. So close but no cigar.

Obviously it is on the things that matter that there should be unity of belief because on the things of no eternal value are not worth dividing over.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 22 2012,11:52)
    “ON THE OTHER HAND T8 AND MIKE AND ME ARE VERY CLOSE TO UNDERSTAND IN A SAME WAY, WHY IS THAT”?–Terr, Page 34, “Messengers of God” thread.

“Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

It seems to me, that individuals are not speaking in agreement, are not fitly united in the same maind, and the same line of thought, but rather, are divided in thinking.

Terrarica said the above quote.  I just want to see where they line up, and where they do not.

I just realized I hadn't stated the reason for this second thread.  The above is the introduction I had for the first read I created for this topic.

This includes you too david.

In fact there are people here that are in unity where it matters.

But you are not in complete unity with anyone else here and perhaps you would be the first to agree with that.

So your post is more relevant to yourself than say Terrarica, mike, t8 IMO.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 24 2012,17:47)
    david, we are to be united in truth, not a denomination with their own creed written by man and from man.

So this is what we are striving for. To know the truth in all things and scripture as our Guide and hopefully in the right spirit which is God's Spirit.
    Of course there are things that wouldn't make an ounce of difference if you differed such as the belief that you can communicate with spirits or can't.

As for the elementary things well we should be united in that.

Could you imagine someone compiling a list of requirements say 8000 things that they believe and then looking for people who agree on every point. Would be a real shame if a person who believed 7999 things and differed on one point. So close but no cigar.

Obviously it is on the things that matter that there should be unity of belief because on the things of no eternal value are not worth dividing over.

t8, for years I have been trying to figure out how that would work. To me, it seems like something that sounds good in theory, but in practice is quite different.

Imagine that this board was much much bigger, with a million people. And imagine you do that thing where you create your own exclusive section, where only people that believe the things you do, essentially, are allowed to be a part of the group.
    When you are dealing with 5 people, it's not hard, you just kick out (excommunicate) the one guy who you consider a nutter. But, with a. Million people, deciding what your core beliefs are, how you treat one another isn't as easy. X, as it turns out, believes that GOd burns people in hellfire. To me, that seems wholy incompatible with God. Yet, we realize that he believes this, and wait, 10,000 of the million also believe this. Well, we don't want them falsely teaching this, so we create a guideline of what is acceptable doctrine for this exclusive group. BAM! You have your religion. You would of course be at the top. But, you don't care about money, which is fantastic, however, with this many people you do have to stay somewhat ORGANIZED so you have moderators, which serves the purpose of stopping chaos, bad conduct, etc. these moderators who I imagine reflect your beliefs would of course teach those beliefs. What happens if a moderator (let's just start calling them priests) decides he thinks X might be right about god torpor turning people. Well, he is removed from being a moderator for teaching false teachings. It would seem that you support false teachings if you allowed your moderator to teach false teachings to so many. It would be important to establish rules and also which beliefs are acceptable. It most likely would start out with very basic beliefs and probably only a few but over time as more and more situations arise, more and more rules are formed around specific beliefs. Soon, you have an organized religion, the very tenant on which your religion is based, ironically.

It would make sense to me that you all want to preach to others, but you would probably agree that you shouldn't be teaching a different Christ to different people. You would want to be somewhat united in your beliefs. So, what is considered “core Christian beliefs” would be formalized.

Sorry, got off track. With 5 people, it is fairly easy to agree, or more accurately, appear to agree. With more people, it gets much harder.

Can you explain to me how this works in real life. You have X. X is teaching that God tortures people. Do you let him continue to teach this false teaching on this board when you have authority to remove him?

Right now, you seem to be doing just that. You want to expel or disfellowship (remove from fellowship) those who do not agree with your understanding of scripture. Which I totally get. I think you should name it “bible students.” It seems non-denominational.

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 24 2012,17:49)

Terrarica said the above quote.  I just want to see where they line up, and where they do not.

I just realized I hadn't stated the reason for this second thread.  The above is the introduction I had for the first read I created for this topic.

But you are not in complete unity with anyone else here and perhaps you would be the first to agree with that.

This was my point in making this thread.

If you don't really believe the same things as anyone else, what are the chances that what you believe is accurate?

t8 and mike and Pierre believe at least 3 or 4 things that are the same. How many things do you not agree on? I don't know. You would say: we agree on the important things. Then I would say: is it ok to teach contrary doctrine on the unimportant things (I am using nick as an example)? I don't consider hellfire unimportant, but maybe you do. Teaching that God would allow this, a person to be tortured for all time for the sins of a few years creates a distorted picture of the one we are told to love. This idea TURNS PEOPLE AWAY from God. Would such a person as your former moderator be allowed in the inner circles, the exclusive club of true believers?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 24 2012,21:55)

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 24 2012,17:49)

This was my point in making this thread.  

If you don't really believe the same things as anyone else, what are the chances that what you believe is accurate?

t8 and mike and Pierre believe at least 3 or 4 things that are the same.  How many things do you not agree on?  I don't know. You would say: we agree on the important things.  Then I would say: is it ok to teach contrary doctrine on the unimportant things (I am using nick as an example)?  I don't consider hellfire unimportant, but maybe you do.  Teaching that God would allow this, a person to be tortured for all time for the sins of a few years creates a distorted picture of the one we are told to love. This idea TURNS PEOPLE AWAY from God.  Would such a person as your former moderator be allowed in the inner circles, the exclusive club of true believers?

david

i will tell now that you are wrong to say what you are saying ,

t8 is right ;

first we do not need ;many people not even one ;why because what use is it thousands or million people HAVE GODS WORD CLOSED IN THEIR LIBRARY ;IS NOT THIS A REALITY ??? YES

WE ALL HAVE GOD'S WORD ;IF WE WANT TO FOLLOW IT ,THEN TELL ME WHERE IS THE QUARREL ???

BUT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH IT (SCRIPTURES) NOW WE HAVE BIG PROBLEM,

WE ARE MANY TO BELIEVE IN SCRIPTURES ,BUT NOT ALL HAVE COME TO THE SAME MATURITY FOR SOME REASON OF THEIR OWN ,

WOULD YOU JUDGE THEM AS BEING LACKING THE LOVE OF GOD FOR EXPRESSING THEIR FEELING TOWARD GOD WRITTEN WORDS ,I DO NOT ,BUT I WILL FIGHT BACK IF I HEAR CONTRADICTION TO IT ,

SO THE PROBLEM IS NOT AT THE SUPPLY LEVEL BUT AT THE RECEPTION SIDE OF IT ,

AND THE RECEPTION OF GOD'S WORD BY T8,MIKE AND ME HAVE A COMMON GROUND (NOT THE LEVEL AND ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE THIS IS INDIVIDUAL ABILITY AND TIME )

terraricca
    Participant

DAVID

long ago one of JW told me that he believe in God and it was for that reason he picked the JW and joint them BECAUSE HE BELIEVED THAT THEY WHERE THE BEST RELIGION AND THE CLOSES TO THE BIBLE THAT HE COULD FIND ,

I JUST ASK HIM (THEM) WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE SCRIPTURES IT SELF ???

AND THAT WHEN THE CONVERSATION ENDED AND WAS CALLED OUTCAST ;

:(

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account