Proclaimer Mikeboll64 vs JB2U

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 902 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup……..The Word was not JEsUS, the Word was God and HE God was “IN” JESUS, Just as Jesus said he was. God the FATHER was “TRULY “IN” JESUS and was doing all the Works. the father who is “IN” me “HE” does the works God indeed was present “IN” Jesus and Spoke directly through Him at times, Like where it says , destroy this temple and in three I (GOD) shall raise it up, and here is another time when God spoke first person through Jesus, Jerusalem  O Jerusalem, you who kill and Stone those who are sent unto you , how often would I (God) have gathered you , even as a hen gathers her chick, but you would not , therefore you house is left unto you desolate , and you will not see me again until you say blessed is he who come in the name of the LORD>

To him that has ears to hear let him hear.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 27 2014,02:40)
    Marty………Your drifting from the Main Point, we all know God uses Evil to discipline his Children that is Obvious . But who created EVIL in the First Place was it GOD or someone else. I believe it was God , Just as He created Good also, he created Evil ,and the balance of these gives us meaning to what LIFE itself IS. That is like saying God made right but he did not make wrong, or he made up but not down, or right and not left, all of these are needed to direct our courses in LIFE> If you believe God created LIFE, then you should agree he also created bot GOOD and EVIL. You have not answered my question of WHO PUT the TREE of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL in the GARDEN of EDEN in the FIRST PLACE? Was it God alone or some other being other then God?.

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

HI Gene and Wakeup:

No, God did not create evil. He created all rational beings with a “free will”.

And yes, it was he that put the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden, and He told Adam that good was to obey His commandment not to eat from the tree, and evil was to disobey the commandment, to disobey God's commandments is sin and is the evil, and the consequences for sin was then and is now, death, and that is what God told Adam that this would be the result of disobeying His commandment.

We, as Christians, have this knowledge also. We know that the serpent is in the garden, the world, and we know that God is a reality, and we know that the consequence of sin is death.

It is not God's will that any man should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 27 2014,07:33)

Marty………Your drifting from the Main Point, we all know God uses Evil to discipline his Children that is Obvious . But who created EVIL in the First Place was it GOD or someone else. I believe it was God , Just as He created Good also, he created Evil ,and the balance of these gives us meaning to what LIFE itself IS. That is like saying God made right but he did not make wrong, or he made up but not down, or right and not left, all of these are needed to direct our courses in LIFE> If you believe God created LIFE, then you should agree he also created bot GOOD and EVIL. You have not answered my question of WHO PUT the TREE of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL in the GARDEN of EDEN in the FIRST PLACE? Was it God alone or some other being other then God?.

HI Gene and Wakeup:

No, God did not create evil.  He created all rational beings with a “free will”.  

And yes, it was he that put the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden, and He told Adam that good was to obey His commandment not to eat from the tree, and evil was to disobey the commandment, to disobey God's commandments is sin and is the evil, and the consequences for sin was then and is now, death, and that is what God told Adam that this would be the result of disobeying His commandment.

We, as Christians, have this knowledge also.  We know that the serpent is in the garden, the world, and we know that God is a reality, and we know that the consequence of sin is death.

It is not God's will that any man should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

Who created the serpent?
    How did He come to being/exist?
    Was he created by some other?

Without the Word was ***nothing made*** that was made.
    Please explain.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Gene b.

I agree; God created evil.
    To create light one need to have positive and negative.
    God created both.Not one created positive *and some other* created the negative.

BTW.
    Please consider that we are given own will.
    Love can not be forced,but must come of own will.
    God does draw many to Him,but many also will not walk that narrow path; by own choice.
    Many are called but a few chosen.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 25 2014,22:04)
    Hi Wakeup:

Unless I have missed one, this is the last of the scriptures that you posted, and the answer follows:

Amos 3:6 states:  Amo 3:6
    Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

The answer is in these two scriptures:

Amo 3:2
    You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.
    Amo 3:3
    Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

In other words the evil that this is speaking of, is the judgement that God will bring upon His people because of their disobedience.  Specifically, the evil that of which this is speaking is the captivity of the Northern Kingdom, Israel due to their continued disobedience.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

All I asked was for you to post those *nine* verses
    from your bible.
    No need to explain why.

Who created those evil spirits?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 26 2014,09:40)
    Marty………we all know God uses Evil to discipline his Children that is Obvious………..

I think Marty may have misspoke when he claimed that “the scriptures translate it as evil”.

What he meant to say is that the KJV and a couple of other really old and outdated Bibles that don't use the same English we do today translated it as evil.

The scriptures themselves are not a translation, but what is later translated into other languages.

And Gene, you seem to think that God uses evil to discipline His children, and that this fact is obvious to all.

I wasn't aware of such a thing. Could you or Marty give me a scriptural example or two?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 26 2014,16:29)
    Marty.

All I asked was for you to post those *nine* verses
    from your bible.

Wakeup,

I have once again addressed your first scripture. And I have once again received no response from you about it.

So I suppose that I will once again have to hear you complain about how I didn't address your scriptures, right? ???

Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 27 2014,09:11)

HI Gene and Wakeup:

No, God did not create evil.  He created all rational beings with a “free will”.  

We, as Christians, have this knowledge also.  We know that the serpent is in the garden, the world, and we know that God is a reality, and we know that the consequence of sin is death.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

Who created the serpent?

Please explain.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup:

I already told you that God created the serpent, but he did not cause the serpent to tempt Eve. The serpent acted of his own free will.

And without reading the scriptures in context it is impossible to understand what is meant by just reading one scripture. I explained each scripture meant, and so, that is all that I am going to do for you.

God did not create evil as you and Gene accuse him. Maybe, you need to check other translations to see how they translate what the KJV translates as evil.

Here is what the NIV has for Isaiah 45:7:

Isaiah 45:7I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 27 2014,02:54)
    Wakeup……..The Word was not JEsUS, the Word was God and HE God was “IN” JESUS, Just as Jesus said he was. God the FATHER was “TRULY “IN” JESUS and was doing all the Works. the father who is “IN” me “HE” does the works God indeed was present “IN” Jesus and Spoke directly through Him at times, Like where it says , destroy this temple and in three I (GOD) shall raise it up, and here is another time when God spoke first person the Jesus, Jerusalem  O Jerusalem, you who kill and Stone those who are sent unto you , how often would I (God) have gathered you , even as a hen gathers her chick, but you would not , therefore you house is left unto you desolate , and you will not see me again until you say blessed is he who come in the name of the LORD>

To him that has ears to hear let him hear.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

BeneB.

If Jesus is in you; are you also Jesus?

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 27 2014,12:41)

HI Gene and Wakeup:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

Who created the serpent?

Please explain.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup:

I already told you that God created the serpent, but he did not cause the serpent to tempt Eve.  The serpent acted of his own free will.

And without reading the scriptures in context it is impossible to understand what is meant by just reading one scripture.  I explained each scripture meant, and so, that is all that I am going to do for you.

God did not create evil as you and Gene accuse him.  Maybe, you need to check other translations to see how they translate what the KJV translates as evil.

Isaiah 45:7I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

God did curse the serpent.
    And it was God that created the serpent that is the devil.
    So God created evil.
    Anyone can be the *so called nice guy*;try to explain it away,but it wont work.
    God created ALL THINGS: satan not excluded.
    This is the truth.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike B.

I am still waiting for the
    nine verses out of your bible.
    Just quote them out of your own bible.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty…………Simple Question to you . Did Gods CREATE GOOD? YES or NO Please.

If your answer is Yes, Please tell us how He came to the conclusion of what was Good , if He did not compare it to Evil, You can't say God created ONE, without saying he also created the other. Is not “WISDOM” the Uses of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL, The knowledge of what is right and wrong, Is this not how we draw our understanding of things? Marty remember God also told them not to eat of the tree (that which brings forth from self) of GOOD also, not Just EVIL. but BOTH Good “and” Evil. So even the Good was not to be taken of either. How do you see that Marty.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 27 2014,17:03)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 27 2014,12:41)

HI Gene and Wakeup:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

Who created the serpent?

Please explain.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup:

I already told you that God created the serpent, but he did not cause the serpent to tempt Eve.  The serpent acted of his own free will.

And without reading the scriptures in context it is impossible to understand what is meant by just reading one scripture.  I explained each scripture meant, and so, that is all that I am going to do for you.

God did not create evil as you and Gene accuse him.  Maybe, you need to check other translations to see how they translate what the KJV translates as evil.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty.

God did curse the serpent.
    And it was God that created the serpent that is the devil.
    So God created evil.
    Anyone can be the *so called nice guy*;try to explain it away,but it wont work.
    God created ALL THINGS: satan not excluded.
    This is the truth.

wakeup.

Wakeup:

I am not trying to explain it away but to explain what the scriptures mean.  

He did curse the serpent or rendered judgment and punished him as the scriptures state, and he created man with a “free will”, and we also will be accountable to God on the day of judgment.

He did not cause the serpent to do what he did, nor did he cause Adam and Eve to disobey His commandment, but they disobeyed and suffered the consequence of their disobedience.

The scriptures state that by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and death passed upon all men in that all have sinned.  Sin is the spirit of disobedience, and all of humanity born of the sperm of man have sinned, but God is a God of love, and is merciful to all who desire His mercy, but He will reconpense His enemies according to their works.

God is not a partaker of the evil deeds of the serpent nor is he a partaker of the evil deeds of man.  You are just like the Pharisees who were accusing Jesus of casting out demons by the spirit of Beelzebub.  He responded to them:

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Through your belief that God created evil, you are accusing God of sin, and it is impossible for him to sin.

James 1:13
    Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup,Feb. wrote:

Gene b.

BTW.
    Please consider that we are given own will.
    Love can not be forced,but must come of own will.
    God does draw many to Him,but many also will not walk that narrow path; by own choice.
    Many are called but a few chosen.

Wakeup, God did not give man his own “FREE” will , but a WILL yes, and we must learn to MASTER IT, It was not God who wanted us to have a Will that was “FREE” to do whatever it wanted to, that was Satan who wanted Man to Join his way of thinking, by influencing them to  Be “FREE to do what ever they wanted to. Once Satan “INFLUENCED” those Will to disobey God, they them did it. It had nothing to do with their will being “FREE” but quite opposite, their Wills became  “INFLUENCED” by SATAN Will, to disobey GOD'S WILL, and they did. It was this idea of a FREE and “SEPARATE” WILL from GOD, that has Brought all this suffering on mankind and it still does to this very day. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 28 2014,01:23)
    Marty…………Simple Question to you . Did Gods CREATE GOOD? YES or NO Please.

If your answer is Yes, Please tell us how He came to the conclusion of what was Good , if He did not compare it to Evil, You can't say God created ONE, without saying he also created the other. Is not “WISDOM” the Uses of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL, The knowledge of what is right and wrong, Is this not how we draw our understanding of things?  Marty remember God also told them not to eat of the tree (that which brings forth from self) of GOOD also, not Just EVIL. but BOTH Good “and” Evil. So even the Good was not to be taken of either. How do you see that Marty.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

Gene:

This is my simple answer:

James 1:17
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Evil is to disobey his commandments.

These are the Ten commandments:

Deut 5:6 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

11 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.

13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

17 Thou shalt not kill.

18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.

19 Neither shalt thou steal.

20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Did He create evil or did He just give us these commandments?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty……You still did not answer my Question, Did God CREATE GOOD? or did it just happen alone some how. Please give me a DIRECT ANSWER if you can>

God giving us His COMMANDMENTS has nothing to do with the question ask you, and anyone know a commandment is not a, It's all up to you to decide, if you “will”  “FREELY” obey or disobey it. It is a COMMAND to “OBEY” it or it simply would not be a Commandment  right? . God did not give us a.  If it pleasures you, to obey or not, now did he? Rebellion is sin and Man by his own desire to have a Will that is  “FREE”, rebels against God and unless God intervenes, in a Persons Mind and changed his thinking, he would never in a million year FREELY Will to do God's WILL.

What does scripture say, for God looked for “ONE” righteous Person and found “NONE, wherefore  He took it on his own arm to bring salvation. So much for man so-called, “will that is Free to chose God way right? You as i said before are getting a will given liberty ot exercise it captivated state with a will that it self is free. No such Will exists. IMO

Why do you think it says that God must work in us to “BOTH” WILL and do of his good pleasure.

Phil2:12-13…..> Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (13) Because it is God which “WORKS” “IN” you “BOTH” to WILL and to do of HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

So if God wanted us to have a Will that was “FREE” from his WILL, why does He have to WORK “HIS” WILL “IN” US THEN?

Eph 1:9…> Having made known unto us the mystery of “HIS WILL”, according to “HIS” good pleasure which he has purposed in himself.

Eph 1;11…. In whom also we have obtained and inheritance, being “PREDESTINATED” according to the “PURPOSE” of “HIM” (GOD) who “WORKS” “ALL”  things after the “COUNSEL” of “HIS” WILL. (12) That we should be the praise of “HIS” GLORY, who first trusted in Christ.

Not so much of a single word about OUR, so-called “FREEWILL, doing anything, toward our salvation.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Feb. 27 2014,00:06)
    Mike B.

I am still waiting for the
    nine verses out of your bible.
    Just quote them out of your own bible.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

1. I use MANY different English Bibles.

2. NO, I won't do this nine at a time. I will do it one at a time so you can show me one at a time that each verse says that God created evil.

Your first verse didn't say God created evil even in the KJV translation. So I'm not sure why you posted that one.

So please explain to me how that ONE verse in Exodus teaches you that God created evil.

Wakeup
    Participant

MikeB.

OK; that makes three of you.

You; Marty and Terra.

wakeup.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 28 2014,10:39)
    Marty……You still did not answer my Question, Did God CREATE GOOD? or did it just happen alone some how. Please give me a DIRECT ANSWER if you can>

God giving us His COMMANDMENTS has nothing to do with the question ask you, and anyone know a commandment is not a, It's all up to you to decide, if you “will”  “FREELY” obey or disobey it. It is a COMMAND to “OBEY” it or it simply would not be a Commandment  right? . God did not give us a.  If it pleasures you, to obey or not, now did he? Rebellion is sin and Man by his own desire to have a Will that is  “FREE”, rebels against God and unless God intervenes, in a Persons Mind and changed his thinking, he would never in a million year FREELY Will to do God's WILL.

What does scripture say, for God looked for “ONE” righteous Person and found “NONE, wherefore  He took it on his own arm to bring salvation. So much for man so-called, “will that is Free to chose God way right? You as i said before are getting a will given liberty ot exercise it captivated state with a will that it self is free. No such Will exists. IMO

Why do you think it says that God must work in us to “BOTH” WILL and do of his good pleasure.

Phil2:12-13…..> Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (13) Because it is God which “WORKS” “IN” you “BOTH” to WILL and to do of HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

So if God wanted us to have a Will that was “FREE” from his WILL, why does He have to WORK “HIS” WILL “IN” US THEN?

Eph 1:9…> Having made known unto us the mystery of “HIS WILL”, according to “HIS” good pleasure which he has purposed in himself.

Eph 1;11…. In whom also we have obtained and inheritance, being “PREDESTINATED” according to the “PURPOSE” of “HIM” (GOD) who “WORKS” “ALL”  things after the “COUNSEL” of “HIS” WILL. (12) That we should be the praise of “HIS” GLORY, who first trusted in Christ.

Not so much of a single word about OUR, so-called “FREEWILL, doing anything, toward our salvation.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

Hi Gene:

I have answered your question, and Jesus stated “that there is none good but God”.

Did God create the world or did it just happen?

Are his commandments good or are they evil?  Is the love of God good?  Is God good to send His Only Begotten Son to reconcile the world unto Himself?

The scripture also states that “it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance”. Is that good or evil?

Are you free to obey His commandments and live in His forever or are you free to go your own way, and perish?

Tell me if you have the freedom to make this decision or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty……….I asked you Did GOD “ CREATE GOOD YES or NO PLEASE. Saying the scripture also stated that is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance is true, that itself tells us it is not from our own “FREEWILL” Choices, that lead us to repentance, if it is from God right? you answered you own question, but none of that answers what we were are talking about. If you believe He create Good then please just answer YES. OK and if you answer yes , then please tell us how do we know what is GOOD if EVIL is not PRESENT To understand what is Good, Evil MUST be PRESENT, can you at least understand that?

The idea that God gave us a Choice to obey his Commandments is wrong, because if He did, they would be called God ten requests if you choose to obey. Fact is the reason they were given as commands proves this, Man is in rebellion and would never chose to obey God, by his OWN so-called, will that is “FREE” from God that is. Haven't you ever read were Paul said, we are not “JUSTIFIED” by “OBEDIENCE” to the LAW.
    For by “WORKS” of the Law Shall NO FLESH Be JUSTIFIED. Why? because the word LAW means “FORCED COMPLIANCE”.

You believe it is by man so-called “Freewill” Choice he keeps the LAW, but that simply is not true because the word Law means “FORCED COMPLIANCE” it (the law) works through the medium of “FEAR”, which causes carnal human obedience. Need proof, read Ex 20-20, and espically where Moses said the reason God did this was so that the “FEAR” of HIM might be before your eyes. But that fear of him which causes a person to keep his commandments could never make him right in his heart. But when God Writes his Commandments or Laws in our inward parts, in our Hearts and minds, by taking out of us the Stony hearts and giving us hearts of flesh (soft hearts), that is a “CREATION”, done BY GOD “ALONE”, Not by the Choice of Man. And through that CREATIVE process, we become Children of God , it has absolutely nothing to do with a Human Choice from a so-called “Will” that is FREE”. You are giving “Man” credit for something he is not or never could do by his own so-called will that is “free'. IMO

peace and love to you and your………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 902 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account