Should members be tiled for avoidance?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 22 2011,04:58)

Quote (Istari @ May 21 2011,05:20)
    Hence even John 1:… can be seen as saying 'And the WORD was a Mighty One'.

And so we can see that more than Jehovah are very powerful spirit beings who are called "god", right?

Now pay attention to SF's point, Istari.  He is saying that any other mention of a "god" in scripture is not a god at all, so therefore Jesus must be THE God, since there is only one.

Do you agree with this Istari?

Don't post that I'm being "irresponsible" when you have no idea what the discussion is really about, okay?  I know exactly what I'm doing, and it has taken longer than expected because of SF's absolute insistence that there is only ONE god, period.  That is NOT scriptural, no matter how politically correct it is in our day and age.

Who is "Beelzebub" guys?  Any idea?

Mike,
    My point started when i asked you "If Jesus is not God, what is he?"
    You stated "the second most powerful being, just a god amoung other gods such as satan is the god of this age"

My point as always been that every mention of God is based on context. Yet you at all times define god in a irresponsible manner as JA is also correcting you about.
    Your defintions brings about entities that dont exist as we think them to exist, and making the metaphors, allegories, and imaginations literal, and making the literal viseversa.

So based on context and many other reasons, Jesus is not only called God, but is God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 23 2011,17:09)

And so we can see that more than Jehovah are very powerful spirit beings who are called "god", right?

Now pay attention to SF's point, Istari.  He is saying that any other mention of a "god" in scripture is not a god at all, so therefore Jesus must be THE God, since there is only one.

Don't post that I'm being "irresponsible" when you have no idea what the discussion is really about, okay?  I know exactly what I'm doing, and it has taken longer than expected because of SF's absolute insistence that there is only ONE god, period.  That is NOT scriptural, no matter how politically correct it is in our day and age.

Mike,
    You stated "the second most powerful being, just a god amoung other gods such as satan is the god of this age"

My point as always been that every mention of God is based on context.   Yet you at all times define god in a irresponsible manner as JA is also correcting you about.
    Your defintions brings about entities that dont exist as we think them to exist, and making the metaphors, allegories, and imaginations literal, and making the literal viseversa.

So based on context and many other reasons, Jesus is not only called God, but is God.

SF

so God created God ?and God created God the first of all creation??

how is that so??

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 23 2011,06:27)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 23 2011,17:09)

Mike,

My point as always been that every mention of God is based on context.   Yet you at all times define god in a irresponsible manner as JA is also correcting you about.

SF

so God created God ?and God created God the first of all creation??

how is that so??

Pierre

Hmm your grammer has gotten better pierre, but it seems like you cant read.

1. I never said that God created God.
    ===I have said that The God who has created everything and Jesus whom also has created everything are ONE AND THE SAME GOD.

2. If we are going to go technical

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation
    I have said it many times, this is talking about supremacy over all of creation, not an actual birth. Look at the very next verse which is the CONTEXT of this verse whish illustrates Jesus as Creator of all things.

David was "FIRSTBORN, MOST EXALTED AMOUNG KINGS" but he was not LITERALLY the first born was he?

So tell me, how is it that the creator of all things is also created?

tell me how is that so?

terraricca
    Participant

SF

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation
    I have said it many times, this is talking about supremacy over all of creation, not an actual birth.   Look at the very next verse which is the CONTEXT of this verse whish illustrates Jesus as Creator of all things.  

you have put your grammar where you should not like "this is talking about supremacy over all of creation are you sure that God the father does not know that he is the only true God?

how many times did he told us in his word ?God is not in competition,and so his son is not as well,only sinful people are in competition.

and one more thing you have not answered my questions ,and you have turn my questions toward me to prevent you to answer :D :D

good try :p

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

pierre,
    You have many debate errors.
    1. your making assumptions.
    2. your asking questions that imply things i didnt state.

for example your first question doesnt make any sense.
    and what compition do you refer too? again maybe your misinterpreting what im stating.

your last question is a false implication that cant be answered because its based on a false premise.

i never twisted anything, im just throwing back your own rock with cleverness.

again pay attention

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

pierre did you like burning the bible?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 24 2011,13:17)

sf

I do not know anything about that

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 24 2011,13:15)
    pierre,

and what compition do you refer too?  again maybe your misinterpreting what im stating.

your last question is a false implication that cant be answered because its based on a false premise.

again pay attention

SF

read your quotes SUPREMACY OVER ALL OF CREATION"

IS THIS NOT COMPETITION????

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 24 2011,01:35)

sf

Pierre

pierre,
    exactly….. this is an example of "implication"
    which is something you do often within your questions

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 24 2011,17:06)

sf

Pierre

pierre,

SF

and all that will prevent you from answering any question from me ;Ok

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 22 2011,16:14)

No, King David nor samuel nor Elijah were false lords nor idols but nevertheless the only "authority" or title that was given to them came from the One True Lord (who is the only one).

YES!  Let's call that "One True Lord"………….say……………"The Lord OF lords", shall we?  :)  Now, who is the One that gave the power and authority TO that "One True Lord" in the first place?  (Hint: The answer is in the scriptures.)

Why wouldnt it mean that Satan is your god though he is Called a god?

Are you serious?  Is he YOUR god?  Do YOU worship him and serve him?  Just because he IS a god doesn't mean he's the God I worship and serve, does it?  ???

Doesnt mean they were gods, they were called false idols,

Where?  What exact scripture called them "false idols"?  Do you know that in the Hebrew and Greek texts, not only is there no mention of any "so-called gods", but there's not even any mention of anything called a "false god".  Those are English words added by English translators.

But i wouldnt called that, or them a god as you do.

And why is that?  Is it because YOU live in 21st century America where we consider the word "god" to refer to ONLY our Omniscient Creator?  This is the whole point here, D.  MOSES called them gods.  So I don't really care if YOU wish to call them that or not, because the inspired writers of the actual scriptures DID call them gods.  And they as sure as the Gospel didn't call them "false gods".

See above, demonic forces do exist.  Fake idols are things that men make up that are enforced by Demonic forces.  

YES AGAIN!  Not only DEMONIC forces, but also ANGELIC forces.  THESE are the beings called gods by the writers of scripture.  When Pauls says there are many gods in heaven and on earth, the heavenly gods he's talking about are these same demons and angels.  And Jehovah is the God OF these gods.

Yet im defining God simply as a "supreme being"  equal to God Almighty.

Then you're not defining it in a way that will ever let you understand the scriptures.  Moses surely didn't think the gods of Egypt were "equal to YHWH", yet to him they were nonetheless gods and he got to see their power first hand.  These are the ones spoken of when God says to have no gods before Him.  He wants to be #1.  He is the One who created everything, including these other powerful spirit beings that are called gods, and He wanted to make sure by many signs and wonders that His chosen people understood that these other gods were nothing compared to His Power.  That's why He kicked the other god's butts so many times – to show who was REALLY in charge of things.  (Btw, I think "Allah" is what the Muslims call YHWH.  They believe in the same OT as we do, just not the events of the NT.  I think.)

OF course there is, the whole emphasis of the Phrase brings out those thoughts.  This GOD who is the GOD OF EVERYTHING, is solely the ONLY ONE.  Its a emphasis.  

Now if only that phrase said "the God of EVERYTHING".  But it doesn't, does it?  It says "the God of gods".  D, you never answer this question:  Who exactly do you think the gods are who are mentioned in Psalm 82:1? You know, the ones who assemble WITH YHWH? 

Yes God is the only savior! he shares his glory with no OTHER.
    Thats the whole point.

Yes, that really IS the whole point.  Because that verse is not saying God is LITERALLY the only savior, is it?  Scriptures tell of many other saviors.  What it's saying is that no one would ever be able to save even a hair of their own head if not for the "One True Savior".  Are you seeing it yet?  It is not saying any other savior in the Bible, like Saul, and Deborah and David are "false saviors".  "One True Savior" is saying that none of them would amount to anything without HIM.  It's the same with "One True God".  It is not denying the existence of other gods in the scripture, but emphasizing that none of those other gods would amount to anything at all if not for HIM.

Of course mike, but your meaning it to say there are many saviors just LIKE GOD.

Where did you EVER get that crazy idea?  I've never claimed that and don't believe it for a second.

based on your definition on God.
    How would you know to whom things refer too based on your irresponsible defintion on terms.

D, if you ever get confused as to which god is which, ask me and I'll tell you, okay?  :)  (Just kidding)  Can you think of any scripture were you don't know which god they're talking about?  There are a c
    ouple oddball ones where we have to guess, but for the most part, it's pretty much common sense, don't you think?  Here's one example of an "oddball" one:

1 Samuel 4:8
    Woe to us! Who will deliver us from the hand of these mighty gods? They are the gods who struck the Egyptians with all kinds of plagues in the desert.

The Philistines said these words when the Israelites brought the ark of the covenant into their camp for the battle.  The Hebrew word is "elohim", but it's hard for us today to decide if they meant God, or gods.  

There are only a few instances like this in scripture.  Not enough of them to make you be scared, always wondering, "Oh no!  Which god are they talking about?"  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D, you didn't answer my question about Beelzebub. Do you believe Jesus that he is the Prince of the Demons and the Ruler of them? Do you believe him to be the one called "Satan"?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 22 2011,17:09)
    Mike,

That is EXACTLY scriptural D. Satan is a god who is not the Almighty God, but was created by that One. Jesus is a god who is not the Almighty God, but was created by that One.

Sometimes men have called man-made idols "gods". They are not. But other times, like when Moses refers to the gods of Egypt, there is no reason for anyone to think they are not exactly what Moses called them. They are not called "idols" or "false gods", so why would any sensible person just assume that's what they were? Moses saw their powers with his own eyes – why would he then be "implying" they were "false gods"?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 24 2011,01:37)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 24 2011,13:15)
    pierre,

and what compition do you refer too?  again maybe your misinterpreting what im stating.

again pay attention

SF

read your quotes SUPREMACY OVER ALL OF CREATION"

IS THIS NOT COMPETITION????

Pierre

Supremacy is like saying "Almighty"
    To be Supreme.

So to answer your question, "competition" has NOTHING to do with what I stated or what you THINK I stated.

but opinions do not cut in truth

So your opinion of what i think i said, doesnt cut it nino.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 24 2011,04:16)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 24 2011,17:06)

sf

Pierre

pierre,

SF

and all that will prevent you from answering any question from me ;Ok

Pierre

No, your question has a false implication,

I would answer the same way you did.

"I do not know anything about that" becuase i didnt state what your implied, nor do i believe that so its a false premise.

terraricca
    Participant

SF

this is what i talk about ,this is your comment;

this is false

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 24 2011,23:37)
    SF

this is false

Pierre

You "think" its false.

your opinions is not the truth.
    :laugh:

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 25 2011,13:01)

SF

this is false

Pierre

You "think" its false.

SF

so you are trinitarian that believe in tree gods :D :D :laugh:

and as many mysteries; :laugh: :laugh:

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2011,00:44)

SF

this is false

Pierre

You "think" its false.

SF

so you are trinitarian that believe in tree gods  :D  :D  :laugh:

and as many mysteries; :laugh:  :laugh:

Pierre

Haha lame,

I dont believe in the Trinity nor "trees", dont you feel like an idioit! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

by the way, Its "Three" not "tree"

Gosh pierre,
    nothing else left to say right?

Im killing your pride.
    Thanks for letting me know that im getting to you, and im aggravating you.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 25 2011,15:42)

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2011,00:44)

SF

this is false

Pierre

You "think" its false.

SF

so you are trinitarian that believe in tree gods  :D  :D  :laugh:

and as many mysteries; :laugh:  :laugh:

Pierre

Haha lame,

I dont believe in the Trinity nor "trees", dont you feel like an idioit!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

by the way, Its "Three" not "tree"  

Gosh pierre,
    nothing else left to say right?

Im killing your pride.
    Thanks for letting me know that im getting to you, and im aggravating you.

SF

Supremacy is like saying "Almighty"
    To be Supreme.

this is also your comment ,you know this does not mean anything ,I have supremacy in my trade,many also have,

many in a same family can have supremacy without being on top of each other.

sorry for the tree =three but you smart boy you figured it out .

thanks
    ps.you do not get to me ;you play games i do not.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account