Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..so in your mind you think that by casting a (being of some kind) which no one has ever seen into a bottomless pit (if there is such a literal thing) some how gets Evil out of People then. What you can't seem to get, those are (ALL) metaphors and symbols they are not literal beings as you assume they are. Come out of that false teaching of the MYSTERY RELIGIONS. Brother

love to you and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Do you not believe scripture then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    It is a little alarming that you quote scripture without believing in it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    For someone who does not believe scripture you have a highly organised set of doctrines.
    Is it only bits of scripture you cannot accept or do you have an different foundation from us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….. Nick how can you say that when thats all you believe is only (BITS) and those bits are even take wrong, i may very well have a different foundation then you do. but as far as the (us) that remains to be seen. Much scripture has been quoted to you many times and you still don't believe it. Cast the beam out of your own eye and then you might see clear to remove the splinter or mote out of your brothers eye.

peace…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    If we had known you did not believe scripture we could have saved a lot of time and effort.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..whose the “WE'S”you and those who agree with you, And you accusing me of not believing in scripture is a lie, It's not my fault you don't understand what scripture is talking about, and if the “WE'S” believe like you, they don't understand it either. Do i believe (YOUR) understanding of scripture (NO) in most cases, I believe you lack understanding Nick of the spiritual content in scripture. But thast doesn't change my love and care for you, Nick.

peace and love…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    So Rev 20 is not true.
    Anything else?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Rev 20 is absolutely true, it's your understand of it thats not. Your taking it literately when it is written in symbolic language and that the problem. Do you know of any bottomless pit if so please tell us where or what that is. Have you ever seen a literal dragon , maybe a dragon fly but that all you have seen. How big of a chain does he have, and what is this KEY of the bottomless pit spoken of. You know none of these answers so to act like you understand exactly what it is saying is simply untrue. And until we have all the understanding we only know in part and that all. So again rev 20 is true it's our understanding thats lacking.

peace………………geen

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I think the father of lies agrees with you.

Tiffany
    Participant

nick wrote:

GB,
    I think I .messed thinks up, sorry. But I do agree with you. Satan is the biggest liar. And to think that He is not a being is also the beggest lie ever told.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I am surprised someone familiar with the bible does not know of the pit.

Here are a few reminders.

Isaiah 14:15
    Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    Proverbs 1:12
    Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
    Psalm 143:7
    Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
    Psalm 140:10
    Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

Job 17:16
    They shall go down to the bars of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.

Job 33:18
    He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Job 33:24
    Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

Job 33:28
    He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.

Job 33:30
    To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living.

Psalm 28:1
    Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Psalm 30:3
    O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.

Psalm 30:9
    What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?

Psalm 55:23
    But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.

Psalm 69:15
    Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.

Psalm 88:4
    I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength:

Psalm 88:6
    Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 28 2008,08:03)
    Nick…..so in your mind you think that by casting a (being of some kind) which no one has ever seen  into a bottomless pit (if there is such a literal thing) some how gets Evil out of People then.  What you can't seem to get, those are (ALL) metaphors and symbols they are not literal beings as you assume they are. Come out of that false teaching of the MYSTERY RELIGIONS. Brother

love to you and yours………….gene

GB,
    The bottomless pit is mentioned quite a lot in Revelation.
    Revelation 9:1
    And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:2
    And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Revelation 9:11
    And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Revelation 11:7
    And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Revelation 17:8
    The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 20:1
    And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:3
    And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

The dominion of Satan as described in Lk 11 is indeed controlled by the being who can appear as an angel of light. Since this dominion is well organised then binding the strongman will indeed causes his influence over nature to cease. Then the child will beable to play in the den of the asp.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……my reference was ( A BOTTOMLESS PIT) what is it ? not about the word Pit. The grave is even considered a pit. Question again where and what is a (BOTTOMLESS) Pit. Seeing you think you know then explain it to us. Where is there a literal (bottomless one at). If you need help with the word were talking about is BOTTOMLESS, pit. Nick it's symbolic and you have no idea what it means or where it is, lets try to be honest a little here Nick.

peace to you……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Do we have to see things before we know they exist?
    Do we have to understand every word before it has credence?

It is written so it is true.

Heb11
    1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 Corinthians 5:7
    (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……So you don't know then, so why say to others they are denying scripture then when you don't know what it is saying. that my point who are you to condemn another when you don't even understand it yourself.

the ansewr to your first two questions is YES. If you can't see them in your understanding then you are blind to it and have not right to condemn others, when they give there point of views, because that a form of HYPOCRISY. And in your Heb 11, please notice the word (EVIDENCE) of things not seen . That means we understand what we can't physically see, by (EVIDENCE) given us, doesn't mean we go around like a bounch of blind bats just believing everything we hear.

Any the bottom line is you have (NO) idea what or where the (BOTTOMLESS PIT IS).

love and peace to you……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Is not denying what is written blindness?
    Rev20
    1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….my view of the bottomless pit is God removing EVIL from Man and animals consciousness which leaves only GOOD awareness. And as a result only good influences are left. The bottomless pit or obis, is the realm of thought that Evil exists in, it is considered bottomless because EVIL always PULLS DOWN WARD and NEVER HITS BOTTOM, because EVIL is Part of life and ALWAYS EXISTED and ALWAYS WILL and IT WILL ALWAYS PULL DOWN WARD, so it is considered n endless force that always pulls downward therefore it can only be put in a bottomless pit, when it is separated from us. And must be sealed by GOD to be prevented from influencing us.

Now before you start clamoring gene's gospel he's preaching false and non scripture based teachings, let me say this is (ONLY) what i (THINK) it (CAN) mean, I am not saying i know for a fact thats right, but it is just as valid as what you say and state because no where in what you posted does it say what the word bottomless pit is. It is symbolic though, and can only be understood that way. IMO

peace and love ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You will need to show from scripture that your idea is valid. Opinion is worthless.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………better yet why don't you show where its not valid then , and then maybe we can both grow a little, instead of saying Opinions a worthless, i guess that apples to you opinions also right?

peace to you………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,801 through 1,820 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account