Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,441 through 1,460 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Satan is in every one and must through the power of God be Mastered. It takes God's Spirit for that to happen man (CAN NOT) do it HIMSELF> If that were possibnle we wouldn't need God would we , we would just save ourselves.

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    Jesus did not just gain mastery of satan in men but he spent a large amount of time casting such resident evil from men so they could be fit vessels for the treasure of the Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..absolutely, Jesus cast the evil and uncleanness of Man from men by the Power of Holy Spirit. I believe the Key is understanding what a spirit really is.

And Jesus did gain mastery over sin evil influencing of His heart , what do you think His wilderness experience was all about > Jesus put HIMSELF TO DEATH in that test it wasn't another being outside of Him as it may seem . Jesus was mastering His own flesh pulls that were in him. And He mastered them through the word of GOD, no separate being no where. Only His flesh nature or CARNAL MIND was being put to death in the wilderness.

peace to you……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    He had a conversation with the author of evil and overcame him by the sword of the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The author of EVIL is the one who CREATED it, thats GOD HIMSELF. Isa 45:7…> (I) form the light, and create darkness: (I) make peace, and create (EVIL): I the LORD do (ALL) these things. Do you see a Satan as the author of Evil in this. Jesus was mastering His own CARNAL Nature that was stalking Him at the door of His Heart and mastered it by the word or as you say the Spirit of GOD. Jesus overcame HIS SELF> in the wilderness He put Himself to death, and that was the great test he mastered it was himself.

love and peace to you and yours Nick………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    God is not the author of evil and tempts no man.
    Satan does that work and we are to follow Jesus overcoming him by the Sword of the Word.

meerkat
    Participant

Gene,

When reading this thread regarding the temptation of Jesus by satan it made me think of this prophecy of the Messiah

2Sa 7:14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

What is your take on this? Any relation to his temptation and overcoming? Is the rod of men and the stripes of the children of men temptations?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Hebrews 9:26
    For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1 John 2:2
    And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Peter 2:24
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

Yes they relate to him bearing our sin – this says that if he should commit iniquity.

What scripture is there about Jesus sinlessness??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Meerkat……..the mastery of sin is in the heart, while Jesus never (committed sin) he still had to master it in his heart, because He was a man just like all men. He mastered it just the way all men must , by the spirit of GOD and letting it put himself to death, through total obedience, He was scourged and chased , but GOD'S WORDS (SPIRIT) prevailed in Him even to the point of death. “Whosoever overcomes even as (I) have shall sit with me in the Kingdom”. WE all Must overcome (ourselves) the way Jesus did. If we overcome our selves we have overcome the world. “for all that in the world , the lust of the flesh , the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life are (FROM) the world. so if we overcome what we have recieved and is in us we then have overcome the world.

Love and peace to you and yours meerkat…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Our sin was ascribed to him.

meerkat
    Participant

Gene,

So the verse is saying that by the very fact that Jesus was flesh was the iniquity and he overcame that by not actually commiting any sin, that is why it is ({if} he commit any iniquity) – there was the real possibility that Jesus could commit sin but he overcame the sin nature he was born with.

On another note regarding Satan – I believe there is a central entity/point to the all the messengers of Satan (our sin nature) but it is not a part of the Spirit of God that is to be tempted and pass through the {world} to be tried and purified.

To me it just can not be that it is ONLY our sin nature that is Satan – (we have his messengers in us, that will be cast into the second death)

Another thought I had was when the serpent was instructed that he was to eat dust the rest of his life to me its obvious that is not a physical snake having to east dust as snake eat meat

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

The dust is the same dust referring to us when we die

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.

It is the same essense that will not inherit the kingdom of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat……you have it right saying the very fact Jesus had Human nature is critical to understand what Jesus did properly. He was not born a perfect Man He became a perfect man by putting His Will (human nature or Carnal Mind) to death by the power of God , the same must apply to us, also. His sacrifice is pictured to as an example , not the Idea He has done it all and we need not have to do what he did, by simply excepting his sacrifice as our way out of obedience, No we must also put our Lives (the way we live) to death and Live to GOD as Jesus Did, there is no difference between Him and Us, we must by the (SAME) GOD, through the (SAME) Process, accomplish the (SAME) thing. This is what it means to be (Buried) with Jesus. This is what it means by coming to the full Measure of The Anointing or Christos or Christ all the same. One Spirit operating in (ALL) and through (ALL)> That was operating in Jesus also.

meerkat……….the SATAN is simple what represents EVIL, Just as GOD represents whats GOOD. When we see all the filth, sexual previsions, killings, drugs , thefts, and evil speaking, all this comes into Us, through the air by sound waves , no wonder it says Satan is prince of the power of the air, and indeed thats so, but the Satan's are the Carnal minded People themselves, not some being going around jumping in and out of People. as many are taught to think. Whats coming into them is whats being broadcast every where in this UNGODLY WORLD. IMO

To correct this World every form of communication has to be cleaned up, and then People will learn Good. “When my laws are in the earth , then the inhabitants of the earth will (LEARN) righteousness”', says the eternal. May God Speed that to happen.

love and peace to you and yours…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    So scripture is wrong when it says in Rom6 we are buried with him in baptism that we may be raised by the Spirit?

Man is not made evil but became so when they chose to serve Satan in the Garden and allowed his dominion over them. Men are evil only because they obey sin living in them and this they can be cleased of by the blood of the Lamb in response to the repentant plea in water baptism.[1Peter3]  

Acts 22
    16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Tiffany
    Participant

Gen When Lucifer who was a beautiful Archangel became jelous of God and wanted to take over God's Throne, what happend? The Bible says that there was war in Heaven and God threw lucifer down to earth. 1/3 of all Angels went with Him. At that moment He became Satan and the other Angels became Demons. Scriptures teach us that Satan is God of this world and that is how he tempted Jesus. Of course we know that Jesus had nothing to do with him.

Is. 14:13 “For thou hast said in thy heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.”
    From where was Satan ascending?
    v. 12 “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nation!”
    On what ground did he fall back down? What did Jesus mean when he said?
    Luke 10:18 “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
    When did Jesus see Satan fall from heaven? Satan is not his real name; it is what he became, an adversary; his name was Lucifer, meaning, bringer of light, truth. He was perfect in every way, when God created him.
    Ez. 28:13 “Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering…”
    v. 14 “Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set the so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”
    v. 15 “Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created…”
    And yet, the Bible also teaches that Satan was a murderer from the beginning.
    John 8:44 “Ye are of you father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning…”
    Who is wrong, Ezekiel or John? Neither read the rest of,
    Ez. 28:15 “…till iniquity was found in thee.”
    Lucifer was created perfect until something happened; he became jealous of God; that was the beginning of him becoming Satan. God created a beautiful earth until something happened and it became void and empty. We should learn from this that beginning is not what we have thought of it to say. Was not Satan on this earth when God created man? What about scientific facts? Science may not believe in creation, but should we then return the favor and say, anything you teach we wont believe either? If the earth was only 6000 years old, how could you possibly explain the geography or geology of this planet? Science may be wrong in believing in evolution, but through science we all have learned a great deal.
    We have learned that the earth is not flat.
    We have learned that the sun does not revolve around the earth.
    We have learned that the earth crust moves on tectonic plates, that where they collide they form huge mountain ranges over millions of years. We have found huge deposits of coal, gas, and oil, deep under ground and under the sea; are we to assume that God put them there because he knew we would need them for our cars and airplanes, so we can pollute the environment? What are coal, gas, and oil? How are they formed? They are our resources of fuel and energy. They are formed from decaying organic matter over hundreds of millions of years, under enormous pressure and heat. To ignore these truths is no different than for science to ignore God’s truth.
    So then, what did happen in Gen. 1:1? The Bible does in fact tell us.
    Gen. 1:2 “…And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.”
    This brings to mind a scripture that practically explains what happened.
    Ps. 104:30 “Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.”
    Renewing the face of the earth is what I believe God did in Genesis. And hear are more reasons why I believe that.
    When God created grass, herbs, and fruit trees on the third day, he created them after their kind. On the fifth day, he created creatures that move in the waters, and winged fowl, after their kind. And finally on the sixth day, the earth brought forth all the living things, creeping things, cattle, and beasts, all after his kind. What does after their kind mean? It is really very simple to understand, when you say after, there had to be something before. Man was created in the image of God, not after his kind; his kind had not existed before. Also, after their kind does not mean the same size or shape; it refers to that particular group, whether they be fish, or birds, or beats, etc. Fossils and skeletons are undeniable proof that God had created animals much larger then, as now. Why did God create all those animals so big? Well, I think one reason could be, there were no humans around that would feel threatened by them. How then did all life become extinct, and the earth void and empty? Let me start from the beginning, and this is what I believe has happened.
    God did in fact create a beautiful earth, with all kinds of vegetation, trees and animals on it, which did caused the angels to shout for joy (Job 38:4+7). Angels were created to live forever, not being dependent on food or water or air. God also gave them a free will to make choices. To see if the angels were loyal and obedient to him, he had to test them; and this earth became the proving ground. Lucifer, God’s masterpiece of creation, was put in charge. There are no specifics given in the Bible, as to what his duties were; but his name, Lucifer, is somewhat revealing, “bringer of light”. Light is symbolic for truth; Jesus said he was the light of the world, (John 8:12). Jesus brought us the light that leads to everlasting life; Lucifer was to do the same to the angels, teach them God’s way. While hear on earth, administering his responsibilities, something happened to him; he became jealous of God; he felt he should be worshiped. Over time, the Bible does not say how long; he convinced himself that he could overthrow God. He revealed his plan to the angels and convinced a third of them to follow him in his rebellion.
    Rev. 12:4 “And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth…”
    Again, the Bible does not say how long it took Satan to convince the angels to follow him; but then, God had not created time yet.
    Satan’s rebellion failed, no surprise. It was this rebellion that caused the decay and destruction of this Planet. God would not allow Satan and his demons to exist on a beautiful planet. This earth had become his domain, his kingdom. God withdrew his Spirit that upholds all things, from this earth.
    Heb. 1:3 “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power…”
    When God created Adam and Eve, he put them in a beautiful garden; it became their testing ground; when they rebelled, they were thrown out of that garden. This entire period of the Gospel has been a testing period for the saints, to see who endures to the end, and is worthy to rule with Christ for a thousand years. At the end of the thousand years, Satan will be loosed for a little while to give mankind a final test; all those who fail will be destroyed forever; all those who pass will live forever.
    Could a meteor or asteroid have hid the earth and helped in the destruction? Possibly, it really doesn’t matter.
    God would allow this planet to shape itself into what he wanted for us, and that may very well have taken billions of years. He then renewed the face of the earth, and created animals more our size. This is what I believe Gen. 1:1 teaches.
    You may want to think about this for a while, but it makes perfect sense to me.
    Prace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……I just explained to you How we are (ARE) buried WITH HIM, through the Baptism of the Spirit. It;s the Spirit that causes us to put our sins to death. I realise you believe water some how buries your sins, but the only thing water does is get you wet it might wash some dirt off but that all it does, Water baptism is (SYMBOLIC) ONLY and does nothing to change a person, as Paul later came to see saying there is ONE Baptism. Where is it contrary with what scripture says , please show me where it is contradictory. Nick read more closely what i wrote.

love and peace Brother………………….gene

Tell me this also when and How did (YOU) Choose to serve SATAN, Please explain that to us. You never made a (CHOICE) to serve a SATAN ever, you were taught too, from the world. A Child is not born GOOD or EVIL He learns to become GOOD or EVIL From what he or she receives into there minds and John said we recieve it (FROM) the WORLD. Why are you contradicting what is clearly written.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene………Just two things…..One > when Jesus said (I) beheld Satan Fall as lightning from Heaven. We need to establish something first the word Beheld can Just as easily mean in the Mind (Abraham Saw my day and was glad) as an example, and Not necessarily and actual visual experience through the eyes, Jesus did actually invasion Him falling quickly in His own life. When He was tested after he was Baptized with Spirit from on High. The other point the word Lucifier is used only Once in the Bible, and it means rising Star, the King of Babylon was a rising star ( the same way we say it today was with a movie star being a rising star) and remember parts you are leaving out like YOU ARE A MAN, and not a GOD. you see the king of Babylon thought He was a God because of His vast kingdom . These are Just some things that i think can be taken in a different way then most have been taught. All this (MYSTERY) thinking is to me error it just doesn't make sense unless we add thought to it that scripture doesn't really say. No put down, i am just saying to it seems that way Sister.

much love to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Will you interpret scripture for us?

I do not think we need you to do that
    It speaks for itself

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Satan is the thief of life and health and he comes to steal and destroy. Jesus overthrew this bully and undid his works bringing life and health to men in the power of God. Paul occasionally handed men over to satan for the destruction of their flesh to save what was more important, their soul as satan has no power over the future of the soul.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….you still thinking in Physical terms , try seeming through the eyes of the Spirit, Let the day star rise in your heart as Peter Said brother.

love and peace to you and yours………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,441 through 1,460 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account