Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So are you surprised men set up their own foolish idols?
    Has this anything to do with the god of this world?
    No man's bellies fit this description do they?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Jesus said all who came before were thieves and robbers and that the Spirit would remind us of his teachings so all truth centres on him. He was filled with the fulness of the Spirit and it is he whom we should first believe and let that Spirit show us truth. We should not try to find conflict in God's word lest our conflict finishes up being with the Spirit.

Jodi
    Participant

So you don't understand what is meant by 'whose god is their belly.'

Their god is themselves and their own understanding and their driving force behind their life is to serve their belly, to serve their flesh.

Why would I be surprised that man is capable of delusions. Children are all walking delusions, ignorant of truth until you tell them what is real and what is not?

Man is the same way until God shows him the truth. This is why it is said that we are born children of wrath, because stupid is as stupid does. We are born stupid and therefore by our nature our reasoning is stupid and deceptive.

So Nick, are you going to answer my question or not.

Do you really believe that it took a fallen angel to make an ignorant man worship the sun? You don't think it was simply his own reasoning?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Should we find answers by trusting human reason?
    As you say it lets us down.
    So what did Jesus say?

Luke 10:18
    And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,15:49)
    Hi Jodi,
    Jesus said all who came before were thieves and robbers and that the Spirit would remind us of his teachings so all truth centres on him. He was filled with the fulness of the Spirit and it is he whom we should first believe and let that Spirit show us truth. We should not try to find conflict in God's word lest our conflict finishes up being with the Spirit.

So what is this all about Nick?

Are you accusing me of something?

We already know how much you take pleasure in being a devil with your false accusations.

Is that what you are doing here trying to accuse me of finding conflict in God's words?

Your the one who has created the conflict IMO.

Jesus says that the adversary is a man who has in mind the things of men, but you want to make the adversary out as something entirely different.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,16:01)
    Hi Jodi,
    Should we find answers by trusting human reason?
    As you say it lets us down.
    So what did Jesus say?

Luke 10:18
    And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

So when you apply the adversary as meaning something of that which the bible does not give, what do you call that exactly??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “Jesus says that the adversary is a man who has in mind the things of men, but you want to make the adversary out as something entirely different. “

Which version do you use as this statement is in none of mine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    1 Peter 5:8
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Is this one of those bellies you speak of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Certainly this adversary is not a belly.
    Matthew 5:25
    Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,16:09)
    Hi Jodi,
    You say
    “Jesus says that the adversary is a man who has in mind the things of men, but you want to make the adversary out as something entirely different. “

Which version do you use as this statement is in none of mine.

Mt 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

Peter is said to be a Satan because he is mindful of the things of men.

This scripture does not say. 'Peter you are following a fallen angel who is trying to get you to have in mind the things of men.”

Jesus calls Peter who is a MAN, a Satan and he defines a Satan as having in mind the things of men.

Jesus NEVER calls satan a fallen angel who causes man to follow in man's own ways.

How can you not see how absurd that is?

Do you really believe that it takes some sort of celestial being to make men think according to their own earthly ways?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So you think when he spoke to Satan he was speaking to Peter?
    Why would you think that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Do you think Peter got behind him?
    Was Peter the adversary that fell from heaven?
    Perhaps he is the roaring lion too?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,16:15)
    Hi Jodi,
    Certainly this adversary is not a belly.
    Matthew 5:25
    Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

Why must you continue playing games Nick?

Certainly the adversary in Matthew 5:25 is not a celestial evil being.

Clearly the adversary is a man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Should you trust your own understanding on such matters?
    Which man/belly.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,16:29)
    Hi Jodi,
    Should you trust your own understanding on such matters?
    Which man/belly.

Nick, why must you continue playing games?

Jodi
    Participant

Mt 16:25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

I suppose Nick you want to tell us that it takes a fallen angel to make us desire to want to save our own life?

Jodi
    Participant

Scripture NEVER says that evil is implanted into man's heart through a fallen angel.

Genesis 6:5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.

Genesis 8:21 And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor, the Lord said in his heart, “I will never again curse the ground because of humankind, for the inclination of the human heart is evil from youth; nor will I ever again destroy every living creature as I have done.

Ps 28:3 Draw me not with the wicked, And with workers of iniquity, Speaking peace with their neighbours, And evil in their heart.

Jer 3:17 At that time they cry to Jerusalem, `O throne of Jehovah,' And gathered unto her hath been all the nations, For the name of Jehovah, to Jerusalem, Nor do they go any more after the stubbornness of their evil heart.

Jer 4:14 Wash from evil thy heart, O Jerusalem, That thou mayest be saved, Till when dost thou lodge in thy heart Thoughts of thy strength?

Jer 11:8 And they have not hearkened nor inclined their ear, And they walk each in the stubbornness of their evil heart, And I bring on them all the words of this covenant, That I commanded to do, and they did not.'

Jer 14:14 Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and thedelusions of their own minds.

Jer 18:12 –And they have said, It is incurable, For after our own devices we do go, And each the stubbornness of his evil heart we do.

Jer 23:26 How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophesy the delusions of their own minds?

Matthew 7:21 For it is from WITHIN, from the human heart, that evil intentions come: fornication, theft, murder, 22 adultery, avarice, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, folly. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.
    Merit prophesiers

Mt 9:4 And Jesus, having known their thoughts, said, `Why think ye evil in your hearts?

Mt 12:34 `Brood of vipers! how are ye able to speak good things — being evil? for out of the abundance of the heart doth the mouth speak.

Mt 15:19 for out of the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, whoredoms, thefts, false witnessings, evil speakings:

Lu 6:45 `The good man out of the good treasure of his heart doth bring forth that which [is] good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart doth bring forth that which [is] evil; for out of the abounding of the heart doth his mouth speak

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Indeed satan does his works through the tainted vessels of men

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    As well as working through the murderous heathen a study of Job 1-2 shows Satan has the ability to cause accidents, diseases and death and also to send fire from heaven.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,17:21)
    Hi Jodi,
    As well as working through the murderous heathen a study of Job 1-2 shows Satan has the ability to cause accidents, diseases and death and also to send fire from heaven.

Satan in Job is an adversary to Job, and thus seen to men to be an adversary, but he is a Son of God, conversing with God on refining Job into being a more righteous man.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,121 through 1,140 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account