Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

So if scripture speaks of the evil ONE
    why do men deny he exists?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..a evil one can be anyone who does evil. If the cause in the person is Evil, Jesus said if you being evil know how to give Good gifts, how much more your Father in Heaven will give them that ask. The sum of God's word Nick, not just one or two scriptures applied to a subject you can change meaning of almost anything by doing that. The SUM of God”S Word is Truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Scripture does not say AN evil one but THE evil one.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Jn3
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….so i guess you are of the evil one right or are you perfect, and without sin now. So judging from your own words the that would make us all devils. Lets see how you get around this one I am sure you have a way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    1Jn must be read as speaking in an ideal way of the sons of God.
    He shows what we should be like.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ncik….but are we that perfection now,if not then we are evil and therefore of the devil according to the scripture you quoted and i also quoted where Jesus said (YOU) being EVIL know how to give good gifts ect.

So are we of the devil please a straight answer if you can.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Lk11
    5And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;

6For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

7And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.

8I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

So for those in Christ God has become a father and a friend.
    Those of the world too understand some of these concepts of kindness.
    I do not know anyone who has reached any level of perfection yet and we rely on God's kindness.

The whole of creation awaits the revelation of the sons of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 03 2008,15:13)
    Ncik….but are we that perfection now,if not then we are evil and therefore of the devil according to the scripture you quoted and i also quoted where Jesus said (YOU) being EVIL know how to give good gifts ect.

So are we of the devil please a straight answer if you can.

Hi Gene,
    You can never get a straight answer from this brother only a series of verses which shows no confidence in understanding them.

Participant

Nick

Does it not seem you that people two/four thousand years ago didn't have the knowledge that we have today. They had no/limited knowledge of mental illiness. In order to assign a language to these events they had to invent something to describe it. Demon possession seems to be to be the result of attempting to describe something not understood, Therefore demons.

Do we not have the ability to challenge some of these illinesses with chemicals today? Is not the same exact problem, demons, cause by chemical imbalances? Our language may/would describe the same event in a completely different manner.

A litteral interpertation of demons may/will cause people to doubt the guiding word of God.

IMHO

Cato
    Participant

I agree with most of what you say, however I still think there indeed may be spirtual embodiments of evil, or demons, not withstanding.  I myself years ago ran into a case of what I could contribute to none other then obsession by some outside entity, it mirrored in many ways multiple personality illness yet was replete with supernatural phenomenom and evidence of telepathy.  I think such are rare in the extreme but not non-existent.  If they are real and obviously my personal antidotal evidence is not proof of any kind, who would be the most vulnerable to influence but the mentally ill?  Those that have damaged minds and auras would be tempting targets if such beings truly exist.  It would be a natural synergy.  Perhaps the Abyss truly speaks to broken minds trapped in darkness?  

Not3in1
    Participant

Cato,
    I had a women approach me while in China Town last year with friends. She came over to me and looked like a deer staring into headlights. She stood right in front of me with hand outstretched and asked, “Can feel your aura?”. I told her that if she couldn't already feel it standing that close to me that there was no hope for her. :)

She told me that she could “see” my aura and that she could see I was “marked” for something “greater”.

Hmmmm

I wouldn't mind being a Queen in my next life….
    :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (97407 @ July 04 2008,03:24)
    Nick

Does it not seem you that people two/four thousand years ago didn't have the knowledge that we have today. They had no/limited knowledge of mental illiness. In order to assign a language to these events they had to invent something to describe it. Demon possession seems to be to be the result of attempting to describe something not understood, Therefore demons.

Do we not have the ability to challenge some of these illinesses with chemicals today? Is not the same exact problem, demons, cause by chemical imbalances? Our language may/would describe the same event in a completely different manner.

A litteral interpertation of demons may/will cause people to doubt the guiding word of God.

IMHO

Hi 97,
    So where are those with mental illness seen in the gospels? Did such illnesses not exist or did he ignore them?

Rather I think natural men thought he was “mentally ill”

Mk3
    28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

31There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.

32And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.

33And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?

34And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Just because God has mercifully given medicines that help all illnesses does not alter the truth that is written. It would be sad if such mercy led men to not thank but turn away from the God Who allowed them. The healing hand of the Physician is better than any medicine.

Luke 5:31
    And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

Mark 5:26
    And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

Participant

Gollamundi

The inability of Nick to answer questions directly says a lot about Nick.

If you beleive that we are the victims of our own experiences, it is easy to understand.

I would not take his answers personally. It may because he does not trust himself. What he does causes some consternation. It causes individuals to respond in the same manner. Different individuals read the scriptures differently and it does no good to throw scripture at one another. Wars are sometime the result.

It leads to mistrust/fustration. It is the same as all the denominations of today claiming they are right and the only truth.

I am sure GOD smiles at them and their folley. “BE KIND”

IMHO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 97,
    We are not here primarily to answer questions but to encourage the searching for truth in scripture by all.

We are told the Word is truth.

Jn17
    17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

But many are seduced into preferring the weak human measuring tool-science-as truth.

Participant

Cato

I don't beleive in Demons. I am sure in your personal experiences you may have a different opinion.

You obviously have a computer. You may want to Google “The Book of The Beginnings”. I beleive it is written by Massey. It explains where some of these beleifs started. While it may not be completely accurate it at least explains history of Gods and Demons.

Good luck with reading, it takes a lot of concentration.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (97407 @ July 04 2008,10:56)
    Gollamundi

The inability of Nick to answer questions directly says a lot about Nick.

If you beleive that we are the victims of our own experiences, it is easy to understand.

I would not take his answers personally. It may because he does not trust himself. What he does causes some consternation. It causes individuals to respond in the same manner. Different individuals read the scriptures differently and it does no good to throw scripture at one another. Wars are sometime the result.

It leads to mistrust/fustration. It is the same as all the denominations of today claiming they are right and the only truth.

I am sure GOD smiles at them and their folley. “BE KIND”

IMHO

Thanks for that understanding at the same our brother Nick has got many things to share I hope he will do that. But press on my brother 97407 in sharing more what God has kept in you.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If someone is holding false doctrine to his chest then he will feel attacked when it is.
    But love demands we attempt to set our brothers free.

Jas5
    19Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

gollamudi
    Participant

So you think you are doing this by attcking others?
    Why not you also think that other brothers are doing this from their point of view?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    We attack false doctrine.
    Stand clear.
    You are precious to God.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account