Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Does every bible need you explanation?
    I doubt it.

You are yet inexperienced in exposition.

david
    Participant

Anyone can be a SATAN or A DEVIL

Right, and BACK TO MY QUESTION: Who is the Satan or Devil that is being referred to here: 1 JOHN 3:10-12.
    In other words:

WHO IS THE WICKED ONE THAT CAIN ORIGINATED WITH?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David………have you ever thought that maybe the mark on Cain was the name Satan or devil. And when Jesus was identifying him, He said He was a murder and lier in the beginning and he abode not in the truth because the truth was not in Him. IMO

love and peace to you and your………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I am sure you will provide useful support for such musings?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……this is just speculation, but if you have a better explanation then give it, It sure beats you idea of boogie beings and Devils, jumping in and out of People.

love and peace to you ………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Just believe what is written.
    You do not need to add anything.

david
    Participant

David………have you ever thought that maybe the mark on Cain was the name Satan or devil. And when Jesus was identifying him, He said He was a murder and lier in the beginning and he abode not in the truth because the truth was not in Him. IMO

So you are suggesting this is the meaning:

that we should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one [CAIN] and slaughtered his brother.

Cain originated with Cain?

I don't think so.

So back to my unanswered question. Who was the wicked one that Cain originated with?

1 JOHN 3:10-12
    “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David……..Notice, (HIS OWN) Works not some other evil beings works but His (OWN WORKS) were EVIL. Evil is not a being Evil is what a being is, Just like Good is not a Being Good is what a being is. Evil or Good is intellect of Spirit and either can and is in everyone. Its not abing of some kind in them its intellect that drives there thoughts and then the action takes place. There is no SATAN being or Devil Beings, that go around jumping in and out of People as you and other false religions teach. Tell when the last time you or any of your WJ brothers or sisters have seen any of these beings. I am willing to bet you never have and they never have either. Its all voodoo religion handed down from pagans. God did not subject us to some unknown force that controls us and makes us victims and Help less people, a man is brought into bondage by His Own Lusts he received from the world as John said not from some invisible being or person . Sins come from the man himself and the man himself must give account for them, not some other Being of some Kind making Him sin. IMO

love and peace……………………..gene

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 24 2009,04:25)
    David……..Notice, (HIS OWN) Works not some other evil beings works but His (OWN WORKS) were EVIL. Evil is not a being Evil is what a being is, Just like Good is not a Being Good is what a being is.  Evil or Good is intellect of Spirit and either can and is in everyone. Its not abing of some kind in them its intellect that drives there thoughts and then the action takes place. There is no SATAN being or Devil Beings, that go around jumping in and out of People as you and other false religions teach. Tell when the last time you or any of your WJ brothers or sisters have seen any of these beings. I am willing to bet you never have and they never have either. Its all voodoo religion handed down from pagans. God did not subject us to some unknown force that controls us and makes us victims and Help less people, a man is brought into bondage by His Own Lusts he received from the world as John said not from some invisible being or person . Sins come from the man himself and the man himself must give account for them, not some other Being of some Kind making Him sin. IMO

Hi GB

That was quite a dance around the scriptures and the legitimate question that David has.

It seems it is you and Jodi that is advancing some new voodoo religion like God is both “Evil and Good”, and God brings evil on the righteous etc, etc.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

David……..Notice, (HIS OWN) Works not some other evil beings works but His (OWN WORKS) were EVIL. Evil is not a being Evil is what a being is, Just like Good is not a Being Good is what a being is.  Evil or Good is intellect of Spirit and either can and is in everyone. Its not abing of some kind in them its intellect that drives there thoughts and then the action takes place. There is no SATAN being or Devil Beings, that go around jumping in and out of People as you and other false religions teach. Tell when the last time you or any of your WJ brothers or sisters have seen any of these beings. I am willing to bet you never have and they never have either. Its all voodoo religion handed down from pagans. God did not subject us to some unknown force that controls us and makes us victims and Help less people, a man is brought into bondage by His Own Lusts he received from the world as John said not from some invisible being or person . Sins come from the man himself and the man himself must give account for them, not some other Being of some Kind making Him sin. IMO

GB,
    We would prefer if you would begin your teachings with scripture itself rather than beginning always with your justifications and rationalisations and using scripture when you can find some possible support. That way scripture is the real teacher and you are just a helper.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 23 2009,20:36)

So you are suggesting this is the meaning:

that we should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one [CAIN] and slaughtered his brother.

Cain originated with Cain?

I don't think so.

So back to my unanswered question. Who was the wicked one that Cain originated with?

1 JOHN 3:10-12
    “The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. For this is the message which YOU have heard from [the] beginning, that we should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother. And for the sake of what did he slaughter him? Because his own works were wicked, but those of his brother [were] righteous.”

David,

From what I can see when it says that “Not as Cain who was of the wicked ONE” – the word {one} has been assumed – the words used are ho poneros which means the/that/this/ wicked – it then goes on to say that the reason he was evil/wicked was because of his own actions that were evil – it does not say that a wicked {being} made him do it.

I believe that our carnal nature is a messenger of the wicked/devil it tries us

We are told that anyone who commits sin is of the devil 1 John 3:8 – we all sin, so we are all “of the devil” or of evil – our carnal nature is perishable and destined for destruction and does not inherit the kingdom of God

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Meerat…………….Amen , it was man who was the evil one, not some boogie man or spook going around jumping in and out of people, it our own Human nature the carnal mind that the adversary of GOD it was in the beginning and is now, not some spook Devil or Satan being as pagan religions has taught people to believe.

love and peace to you and yours………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Why not rely on scripture?
    You not have to work so hard making things up.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..what did i make up. “the carnal mind is not subject to the laws of God , neither indeed (CAN) be.” i could quote many more but what the use you wouldn't believe it any way. no body has to make anything up Nick……..Just understand what is already written, as obviously you don't.

peace……………………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

Gen, O Gen I hope and pray you take your blinders of and see, that Satan is a real being, a lost Angel. He is still blinding mankind to make them believe that he does not exists. The biggest lie ever told.
    Here are some scriptures again that I know he does exist.

Mark 1:13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days and was tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beast, and then the angels ministered to Him.

In Luke He (Satan) is testing Jesus, He said:
    Luke 2:1 Then Jesus filled with Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.
    Verse 2 being tempted by for forty days and night He has ate nothing or drank anything, the devil said
    Verse 3” If you are the Son of God command these stones to turn into bread to eat.” He was going to give Him everything, but Jesus said:” GET BEHIND ME SATAN! FOR IT IS WRITTEN “ YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND HIM ONLY SHALL YOU SERVE.”

Ask yourself if this could be possible if all this is in a mind of a person, test yourself, that is not what it says. Satan is a real being, that fell from heaven when He sinned against God and wanted to be like God and take over His Throne.
    Rev. 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, he was cast to the earth, and his angels with him.

You know what is interesting to me, these scriptures teach plainly that Satan is a being and not just in the mind of man, and some still can't understand.

Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……..Jesus also told Peter to get behind me Satan right, was Peter Satan? Satan or devil are adjectives words that come from the same word (ADVERSARY) Anything that is against the will of God is an adversary or Satan to him, and if you will investigate you will find the word devil or diabol came from the same word. These words are descriptors or adjective, they describe an attribute in a person and we all have them. WE all at time cane be called Satan's or Devils when our behaviors are contrary to God Will. Irene the teachings of devil and satan being all came from the Apostate Church, go back and reread what Jodi posted and I also and think about what we wrote. You and Georg are smart enough to understand this.

Love and peace to you and Georg and yours………………………..gene

david
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 24 2009,06:10)

Hi GB

That was quite a dance around the scriptures and the legitimate question that David has.

It seems it is you and Jodi that is advancing some new voodoo religion like God is both “Evil and Good”, and God brings evil on the righteous etc, etc.

WJ

THAT IS ALL HE DOES. He loves to dance. Scripture? Not so much. But dancing around it–yes. Answering questions–not, not so much, but dancing and playing with words–LOVES IT.

david
    Participant

Speaking in hypotheticals for a moment:
    If Satan did exist, then he is doing a great job of deceiving people, of blinding their minds to the truth, not only about Christ, but also about his existence.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
    “among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David…..> the god (power) of this world is man, he was given that power by the LORD , not some boogie man going around controlling everything as you and the rest of pagan Idolaters believe. It is man that blinds and even the Almighty GOD does to at times. You want scripture for the read what Paul said Happened to Israel. and who did it. For god has given them a Spirit of Slumber.

peace…………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 24 2009,14:59)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 24 2009,06:10)

Hi GB

WJ

THAT IS ALL HE DOES.  He loves to dance.  Scripture?  Not so much.  But dancing around it–yes.  Answering questions–not, not so much, but dancing and playing with words–LOVES IT.

David….> so show where what i wrote is in error , instead of vomiting out all kinds of accusations like WJ did. Prove it to be in error if you can. Why is it alway the most “Religious” ones who vomit out the accusations and condescending remarks all the time. Do you feel threatened Because you can't gainsay whats written.

peace………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account