Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 2,021 through 2,040 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……..I definitively want a copy of It if you do. It would be a tremendous encouragement to people to understand their Real problems are coming from their self not some unseen spook jumping in and taking control of them and causing them to sin. It will help us all make ourselves more responsible for our actions. Not to mention expose this Lie of Pagan Christianity teachings. There are only two fruits that come from the tree of Knowledge, good fruit and evil fruit, and what a man takes in he becomes , Evil beget Evil, Good beget GOOD. If we sow Good seed it will produce good. We have received evil seed from the world , but God's words Spirit (intellect) sown in our Hearts can cleanse us and produce the Good fruit.

Write the Book Jodi it is definitively needed, to dispel these false teachings by the Whore Churches. This may be your calling by the FATHER. To break these pagan teachings.

God bless and encourage you sis, love to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2009,05:15)
    GB,
    You say
    “You resisting this truth also makes you a SATAN, or ADVERSARY, to truth.”

Does sharing what scripture says, when it does not agree with your philosophies
    condemn us as adversaries?

Nick…….No sharing what scripture says does not make you and adversary , But disagreeing with the truth does make you an adversary of the truth. but the problem is your not just sharing what scriptures say you putting your spin on then to meet you screwed up theologies. You are unable to explain them properly so you add or subtract or partly quote and give little no understanding to what is quoted and when confronted you either change subjects or divert whats said , or foam out accusations on people as (worldly wisdom) Carnal minded, or their false teachings,or shouldn't we believe scriptures, and etc,. You are even so brazen as to misquote what people say and have no fear of lying about it. You have no room to accuse anyone of anything, IMO.

peace………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………If you write the book i will help with the costs. Let me know what you need. Take you time and go over every aspect of the subject pray for the Fathers revelation to you and i will to. I know the spirit of truth is in you the same as in Adam, and some others, I can tell by the soundness of what you are saying and the scriptures you use to back it up with.. This may well be your ministry is these last days to expose the false Doctrines about Satan, Devils and Demons being taught by all these false Churches and teachers. God has been showing me this for quite a while that these teachings about Devils and Demons were false pagan teachings. It's a very important subject. People are far more influenced by the false pagan idolatrous teaching by churches then they ever realized. These teachings produce fear and confusions in peoples minds and cause much damage in their thinking.

love and peace to you and yours……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes I think she should write a book.
    But we already have a better one.
    The bible is the Word of God

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 13 2009,10:51)

Yes Satan has a lot of apologists.

It's almost as if some powerful being has blinded their minds.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
    “the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

But wait, no such being exists, so this scripture must be wrong.

But it is better to know your real enemy.

The Bible speaks of “an enemy” that came and oversowed the field with weeds, (after Jesus had sowed fine seed in the field, the world.)
    This one, must have great power to do something like that. And he must have existed for quite some time.

David,

In Corinthians was it the gentiles that were being referenced as being blinded of was it the disbelieving Jews? – – and does this refer to Romans 11 where it is talking about the blinding in part of Israel so that the gospel can go to the gentiles and that all Israel will be saved at the conclusion.

When it says “the god” of this world – I am wondering if the translation of this is more that God (ho theos) in this (concerning) this world (age, aion) has blinded the minds of the lost (the disbelieving Jews) so that the gospel can go to the gentiles.

God here is “ho theos” which is used for God not satan, later in this passage ho theos is used when saying Jesus who is the image of God (ho theos) – I am thinking that satan is not referenced here but God.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Is 6
    10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

The problem with your idea is that nowhere else is Almighty God referred to in the limiting framework of THIS AGE

Tiffany
    Participant

Satan sure is busy, because He knows he only has a short time left before Christ will come and chain him up for a thousand year. Then he will be loosed again to test people and look what happens, millions will be deceived again and will follow him right into the lake of fire.Look at these scriptures again, he is a real being, was a beautiful angel at one time.
    Here is the warning Gen and Jodi and all that do not believe in a Satan, he is a cunning being, a liar from the beginning of the world as we see it. He was a serpent in paradise and deceived Eve. No,No?
    Oh, well the time will come when the earth will cover the truth like water covers the sea.
    Rev. 2:9, 16, 2:18, 3:9 12:9 20:2 Mark 1:13 And He Jesus was there in the wilderness forty days and was tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beast, and then the angels ministered to Him.

In Luke He (Satan) is testing Jesus, He said:
    Luke 2:1 Then Jesus filled with Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.
    Verse 2 being tempted by for forty days and night He has ate nothing or drank anything, the devil said
    Verse 3” If you are the Son of God command these stones to turn into bread to eat.” He was going to give Him everything, but Jesus said:” GET BEHIND ME SATAN!  FOR IT IS WRITTEN “ YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND HIM ONLY SHALL YOU SERVE.”

Ask yourself if this could be possible if all this is in a mind of a person, test yourself, that is not what it says. Satan is a real being, that fell from heaven when He sinned against God and wanted to be like God and take over His Throne.
    Rev. 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, he was cast to the earth, and his angels with him.
    Peace and Love Irene

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2009,09:21)
    Hi MK,
    Is 6
    10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

The problem with your idea is that nowhere else is Almighty God referred to in the limiting framework of THIS AGE

Romans 11:8 According as it is written God hath given them the spirit of slumber eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear unto this day

Don't know what you are saying, as you are not replying to what I am asking or commenting on. It clearly states that God does influence and cause things to happen in this age that we are in. God is not a physical being in this age – the same as satan is not a physical being in this age.

What I am saying is that to me what is being said is that God has blinded the minds – in Romans it says that God has given them the spirit of slumber – not satan – the lead up to all this in 2 Cor 3: Is that the Jews minds have been blinded and do not hear Moses.

When Ho theos is used it is used to refer to the almighty God in most/all other situations – not satan – when satan is being reference he is called satan, adversary, devil in most/all other passages.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    I agree but repeat that our God is never elsewhere called the god of this world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus spoke to Satan in Lk4
    Luke 4:8
    And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

He spoke to him again in the same manner when he addressed him in Peter

Matthew 16:23
    But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mark 8:33
    But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2009,10:45)
    Hi mk,
    I agree but repeat that our God is never elsewhere called the god of this world.

I don't believe that satan is called “the god of this world” either in scripture, the phrase ho theos is not the saying “the” god it is a phrase that most/all other places means GOD as in the almighty God

Satan is called the adversary not a god and especially not THE god of anything.

It seems to me that ho attached to theos places emphasis on theos magnifying it to the almighty.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2009,10:52)
    Hi,
    Jesus spoke to Satan in Lk4
    Luke 4:8
    And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

He spoke to him again in the same manner when he addressed him in Peter

Matthew 16:23
    But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mark 8:33
    But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

here it is not saying that satan is god of anything – it says we are to worship God who is God of this age and all ages – God is called the God of the ages.

Satan =adversary NOT a god

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2009,08:45)
    Hi mk,

Nick….O really, what about what Nebuchadnezzar said. Didn't he say it Was God who rules in the Kingdom of Men and gives it to whom ever He Pleases. And the are others scriptures the show God places some kings for the building up of a mention and some for the tearing down of one. And lets not forget what Peter said and Paul and even Jesus told Pilot he could do nothing if it weren't given him by GOD. God is in control of everything and sends EVIL to some and as He did King Saul and blinds others as He did Israel. Jodi and Meerkat and both right.

Love and peace………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God is in overall control of everything.
    But Jesus did not deny that Satan could have given him the kingdoms of the world.

All the wealth of the earth belongs to God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……. i truly love you and Georg, but this Satan thing you have wrong, go back and reread all of the Posts by Jodi and Myself and don't let past false teaching block your growth and understanding. I know you are smart enough to put it together. There are only (Two) things the tree of good and evil produce and that is (good and evil) KNOWLEDGE, We are vessels or receptors and these two influences start to work as soon as we start to comprehend things. There is not Devil being controlling this ONLY GOD is. He Has allowed EVIL into the world for us to learn from and He certainly controls and regulates it and always has. Even the Evil he allows is for our ultimate good it is need full or He wouldn't have allowed it in the first place. Jesus said we (EXIST in an EVIL STATE), but we still know how to give good gifts. Evil serves GOD'S overall purpose. There is no Satan or Devil Being going around Jumping in and out of People.

If you look up the word (GOD) you will find it Just POWER and the power working in this world is Evil and it is in the hearts and minds of Men , Not some pagan Idolatrous boogie man jumping in and out of people. The only thing influencing is the evil within all of us, not some boogie man.

Love and peace to you and Georg dear sister………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The Adversary to GOD was Jesus' own carnal nature, as with us also, He full well understood He could have conquered the whole world with the power given Him, but He over came it and put it to death in himself, by the word of GOD. The adversary (His carnal nature) fell like lighting from Him (fast and suddenly) by the power of Gods words. If only you all could come to see this , i tell you the angels in heaven would Jump for Joy.

God bless you to see it……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We do not need your added words and bizarre commentary on scripture as it speaks for itself

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……evidently you do, some one has to explain it to you , You sure don't understand what it means and seem unable to put all the scriptures together enough to come to a true understanding by reading them.

peace……………….gene

david
    Participant

Jodi,

the scripture says:

whose minds the god of this age has blinded

(The word “god” means “mighty/strong/powerful one.” The false gods are gods that people look to as having power, but really have no power at all. “Eyes they have, but they cannot see, ears they have, but they cannot hear….” So, while being called “gods” they are really not “powerful ones.”)

Yet, this scripture (2 cor 4:4) states that the “god of this age” has done something and something quite powerful–he has blinded the minds of many people.

To say that the god in the text of this scripture is to represent a supernatural being that has powers over man IS TO BELIEVE IN A FALSE GOD.

I do believe that this “god” as the Bible calls him exists because the Bible says that this “god” has done something. I of course do not believe that he is the Almighty God. Nor do I believe the angels who are called “gods” nor the Isrealite judges who were called “gods” are the Almighty God, the Creator. Yet, that does not make angels “false gods.” Relatively speaking, they have great power, moreso than humans. So, to use, they are “powerful ones.” To the other Israelites, the Israelite Judges had power, so they could have been called “gods” in relation to the others.
    The “god” meantioned in this scripture, also definitely is said to have and to have used certain degrees of power. Hence, the word “god” does fit. And that's why the Bible uses it.

[[[ANYWAY, I'D LIKE A BETTER EXPLANATION OF HOW YOU UNDERSTAND THAT VERSE. THE VERSE ITSELF CLEARLY IMPLIES THAT THE “GOD” DOES BLIND MEN'S MINDS. IF THIS “GOD” IS NON-EXISTENT, HOW EXACTLY WOULD HE DO THAT?]]]]

God is the ONLY POWER through His Holy Spirit that can send onto man curses, such as boils or mental confusion.

Again, back to the Bible:
    Accordingly Jehovah said to Satan: “There he is in Y O U R hand! Only watch out for his soul itself!” So SATAN (OR THE ADVERSARY) went out away from the person of Jehovah and STRUCK JOB WITH A MALIGNANT BOIL….
    Scripture would seem to disagree with you, unless you twist it quite a bit.

God takes peace from the earth,

a fiery-colored horse; and to the one seated upon it there was granted to take peace away from the earth (rev 6:4)

Is allowing (granting) someone to do something mean they are doing it? If someone runs by me with a knife and stabs someone next to me and I remain still, allowing it to happen, mean that I am the cause?
    Jehovah has allowed much to happen, but he is not the cause.
    See! This only I have found, that the [true] God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.”–Prov 7:29

David, who was the ruler during the time of Jesus? Who was in charge and put Jesus on the cross?
    All wicked men are led by one and the same force, of which the bible identifies as our carnal nature.

Yes, it is true that we have a tendency towards sin, as though it were some disease that plagues us, making us lean towards it. And it is passed on from the time of Adam, down to us. (Rom 5:12)
    BUT, the Bible does speak of a world ruler who has existed and continues to exist and who is in opposition to Jesus (hence, not God.)

HERE ARE THE SCRIPTURES:

JOHN 12:31
    “Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.”

JOHN 14:30
    “I shall not speak much with YOU anymore, for the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me,”

JOHN 16:11
    “then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.”

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE WHOLE WORLD? Is it a person he's speaking about? Other scriptures seem to indicate it is. 2 Cor 4:4 for example which speaks of a “god” who is blinding mens minds to the truth.

Even though the Bible says: “The earth belongs to Jehovah,” it also says: “Earth itself has been given into the hand of the wicked one.” (Ex 9:29; Job 9:24) The apostle John stated something similar saying: “We originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”–1 John 5:19
    Shortly after his baptism, Jesus was “tempted by the Devil.” Citing one of the temptations, the Bible says: “The Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.” (Matthew 4:1,8) Satan then told Jesus: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.””–Luke 4:6,7
    Satan “tempted” Jesus by offering him “all the kingdoms of the world.” Yet, would Satan’s offer have been a real temptation if Satan was not actually the ruler of these kingdoms? And note, Jesus di d not deny tat all these wordly governments were Satan’s, which he would have done if Satan did not have power over them.–Matthew 4:1,8-10
    In fact, on another occasion Jesus confirmed that Satan truly is the ruler of the kingdoms of this world. He said: “the ruler of this world will be cast out.” And he added: “the ruler of the world is coming. And he has no hold on me.” And, “the ruler of this world has been judged.”–John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11
    Satan is not alone in his rulership. “Stand firm against the machinations of the Devil; because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.”–Ephesians 6:11,12
    So from these scriptures, it is clear that someone has been controlling both men and nations. And the Bible clearly identifies him when it speaks of: “The one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth”–Revelation 12:9 (Also see Rev. 13:2 where Satan is depicted as a dragon that gives to the world’s political system “it’s power and its throne and great authority.”)
    The Bible even calls Satan “the god of this system of things”

2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
    “among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.”

Today it is “Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”” (Rev. 12:12) These for the earth won’t last forever because as Jesus said: “The ruler of this world will be cast out.” (John 12:31) Satan’s power is only for a limited period of time and is only by the toleration of Jehovah, who is God Almighty.

Jodi, I think you tie the following thoughts together in a very unusual way:

Hebrews 2:14…. destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, ….”

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as th
    rough one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned–

We could just as easily look at Job again where it says:
    Accordingly Jehovah said to Satan: “There he is in your hand! Only watch out for his soul itself!”
    This “opposer” had the ability to cause death.
    I was looking at Heb 2:14 and found that some old manuscripts: (SypJ17,18,22) had the word “Satan” there instead of “devil.” Since these words mean very different things, it's like they understood back then that Satan and devil were the same, and not the same meaning, (for they aren't) but the same person.

David, do not forget that Peter was called Satan for having in mind the things of men. To be carnally minded is CERTAINLY TO HAVE IN MIND THE THINGS OF MEN, and not the things of God.

I understand all this. But, I'm just looking at scriptures now, such as 2 cor 4:4 which seem to indicate that there is a supernatural being that has influence over men. I wish you could focus on those scriptures, and give your explanation in more detail.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David ………You answered you own question , the god (power) of this word, is whats working in the hearts of men causing them to do wrong and they received it from the world as John plainly said. It all came from the world. Not some boogie man but the Evil that came from the tree of the knowledge of good and Evil that was in the garden of Eden. God the FATHER is the only one who controls the amount of evil active in the world. As well as the GOOD in it. In His Wisdom He uses it to bring about his purposes in all his creation. AS well as with Job. If you could understand how important the Knowledge and balance of good and evil is for gaining wisdom, you would understand why God even allowed it in the first place.

love and peace to you……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,021 through 2,040 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account