Romans 10: 9-11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 23 2010,15:00)
    My answer is no.  Not because I don't adore and praise and honor Jesus as the “mighty one” who died so I could have the opportunity to dwell in God's presence.  But simply because the word “god” has different implications today than it did in Biblical times.

For example, if I say “Jesus is a god”, then I'm a polytheist in most peoples eyes – even though what I said is scripturally correct and in no way makes me a polytheist.

Mike, if in the great tribulation, a Muslim told me “theres no God but God” If I had to repeat that or lose my life, I would lose my life, I will call Jesus God (Not the God but second to THE God the Father)….I dont care less what anyone thinks!

SO am I a Trinitarian?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KM,
    Best to lose your life now in water baptism in the name of Jesus.[Rom6]
    Pass over from death to life now[Jn5]

karmarie
    Participant

Nick, I have been baptised in the name of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KM,
    Then you are with Christ at the right hand of glory.
    Seek the blessing promised to the sons and daughters of God[Lk11]
    If you know his Spirit you are a new creation being changed into his likeness as you walk.
    Hold your treasures tight and do not be drawn away to the left or the right by the doubts and deception of the intellectuals.

karmarie
    Participant

Thanks Nick:)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ June 23 2010,12:15)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 22 2010,22:58)
    A thought:  It seems that if we take the term God and add a name of any kind, we create in our minds an individual.That would be limiting. Also whatever a person believes God to be to him, is what God is (to him). There are as many Gods as there are people. Each sees a different view of God from a different path. In truth, God is all and in all. In the beginning of our comprehension and awareness was God. God was all that was. Everything that is came from all that was. From minus 0 to the 31st power energy, a quark of living plasmic energy,in a matrix completely entangled into ONE existence. All that is, all that was and all that will be is in God.
                                                                                                                                                                                       Now we have the greatest teacher ever in Jesus telling us that God is love and God,he and us are all ONE together. We are all in God. There is no outside of God because God is all there is. The idea of God being off somewhere or coming or going is totally in the mind. God will never leave you he has no place to go that he isn't already there! Nothing you do can separate you from God! Its what you believe that can cause you to believe that you are apart from or separated from God. Those beliefs are lies! You are always one with God.

All relationships with God (including the belief of no God) are within the mind. Thoughts either enlighten and give awareness of who you are or they darken your mind so that you can't see the truth of who you are and have always been. God bless, TK

Hi Tim thats a good post. But remember then it would mean its ok to reject YHVH and Jesus and go after some other god. So I dont think its that simple.

karmarie: Your post with Gene was excellent. So much revelation knowledge exposed. Very good for this site.

I'm sorry that my post to you seemed to say in any way that I would be rejecting God/Jesus. I wouldn't think that a person would spend over 30 years (20 years alone) with a book about God and Jesus and then reject them. I don't even reject the name you have assigned to God I just say that there are no names or labels that can describe the indescribable. Any label would be limiting the unlimited.

It goes without saying that what I wrote above would leave no room for another God. That includes what errant Christians call the god of this world. In truth there is no other God. Only, ONE. God bless our endeavor together for truth. TK

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Tim, thanks what post was that?

If youve spent that many years reading the bible, then of course, you know what God your following.
    You know in your heart, we are all only human, we all have fears, but in the end were all just trying to get it right. God bless TK.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

karmarie: We are all a work in progress to know God. Why? Because Jesus revealed the truth to us that God/his words/Jesus/the spirit all dwell within a human being. Thats how you are born. That is your birthright. You don't earn it by what you do or don't do, yet you are able to see and understand it more clearly as you uncover it within your mind. It is the awareness that God is everywhere, there is nowhere he is not! Yet if we don't know that God is within us how can we experience the abundant life that comes to you by knowing. I am willing to send to anyone free information that I have written over the years about the Bible. Request it if you want some sent from: [email protected]! I would rather you set a solid foundation in your mind that you will only follow Jesus and what he says as your total truth. No matter what all the other authors write and say in the New Testament it must align with what Jesus says. Set your heart that way and as revelations come you will be awstruck as the dark destructive doctrines leave. Jesus came doing/speaking good/God. When you hear the truth of God through Jesus it will always set you free, build you up, cover you with peace, nurture you, and generally just feel good. That is why it is called the Gospel of God/Jesus/Christ. The old testament is very destructive and dark and focuses on sin and death. Read if if you wish but it has been fulfilled/completed/finished. Here we go now, Jesus said in several places in the gospels that the Law and the prophets were up to John(the baptist)! Since then the Kingdom of God is preached(Luke 16:16). The Kingdom of God is within each person Luke17:21. The old has passed away and the new is come. Renewing your mind to the original way of God within is being born again/anew. Jesus said there would be persecution and tribulation for the words sake or because of the word. Our war is not going to be against flesh and blood.(another man made doctrine) Just focus on Jesus and God bless you, TK

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TK………..Well put brother.

Peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 23 2010,21:49)
    That includes what errant Christians call the god of this world.

Hi Tim,

Was the Apostle Paul an “errant Christian”?

mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    I see no birthright for all men of God living in them
    We are designed to be temples but it has to be cleaned first .
    Then the promise to all of Acts 2.39 can be received in prayer[Lk11].

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (karmarie @ June 23 2010,20:39)
    I will call Jesus God (Not the God but second to THE God the Father)….I dont care less what anyone thinks!

SO am I a Trinitarian?

Hi K,

I don't think you are a trinitarian unless you also think God's Holy Spirit is God.  But, IMO what you are doing is having another God when THE God explicitly told us not to.  He said “You shall have NO Gods before me”.  I don't think He meant that it was okay to have “other Gods” as long as He was first.  

The Father also made it clear that we have never seen Him take any form whatsoever.  My God has no form that I could recognize.  Jesus was seen in the form of a man by many.  Whether you believe it or not, our ONLY formless God did not make an exception for Jesus.  He didn't say, “Well, I'm really God, but it's okay for you to have my Son as a second God.”

The scriptures are very clear to me.  YHVH is our ONLY God, and Jesus is that God's Son.  That's my two cents on the matter.   :)

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 24 2010,01:16)
    The old testament is very destructive and dark and focuses on sin and death. Read if if you wish but it has been fulfilled/completed/finished.

Hi Tim,

Then what do these mean?

Matthew 5:17 NIV
    “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:18 NIV
    I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Luke 16:17 NIV
    It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Romans 3:31 NIV
    Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Acts 24:14 NIV
    However, I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

2 Timothy 3:16 NIV
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

At the time that Paul wrote this last scripture, the NT wasn't considered as “scripture” yet.  So he must have been talking about the Law and the Prophets.  I would never lead anybody into thinking the OT no longer needs to be read and contemplated on.

mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The words of Paul were not to the unsaved.
    They were not preaching a new gospel but teaching the saved.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account