Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,041 through 17,060 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

1) Is the Spirit of Christ the Holy Spirit?

2) If so who is the WE of Jn 14

Hi Nick,

1) No; one is the spirit of the Son, the other is the Spirit of the Father.
    2) See point #1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

So the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets 1Peter1

Did you not say it was the Holy Spirit?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Jn 1.3

All things came into being through him; and apart from him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Hi Nick,

It was because of Jesus’ death on a cross that God made the world.
    It is an error to suggest that Jesus was God’s helper during Creation,
    because it goes against other Scripture. (ref. Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 37:16)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

So the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets 1Peter1

Did you not say it was the Holy Spirit?

Hi Nick,

The HolySpirit’ is the “Father of Spirit’s”
    Christ is the “Father of Spirit’s” Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

The Spirit is one and Holy

be it of the Father or the Son

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

“I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
    Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” (Psalms 2:7)

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11)

What do you do about this verse…
    Hebrews 5:5 says it was “Christ”that was begotten

“So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest;
    but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.” (Heb 5:5)

But you say Jesus, not Christ correct?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

“I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
    Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” (Psalms 2:7)

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11)

(*****edited*****)

And with your view, what do you do about this verse:
    Hebrews 5:5 says it was “Christ” that was begotten of God…

“So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest;
    but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.” (Heb 5:5)

But you say it was Jesus not Christ that was begotten of God; right?

How do you reconcile this one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Jesus is physically the Son of God.

But that is a shared sonship.

It could also be said he is the Son of Mary, David, Adam etc.

The term Son of God refers to exclusive sonship.

That sonship is of the Spirit.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi NH!

Are you denying the deity of Jesus Christ?

blessings!

Danny

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You conveniently dodged my question. I will spell it out for you.
    Hebrews 5:5 says that it was “Christ” that was begotten of God.

That means “the spirit of Christ” was birthed as Jesus,
    rather that baptized into Jesus at the Jordan river.

What do you say about this biblical fact?

kerwin
    Participant

@Danny Dabbs,

You cannot both believe that God gave Jesus God’s Spirit and believe Jesus is God. The two are in conflict and so it is like believing you live by the Spirit at the same time you live the flesh.

When Jesus states “I and the Father are one” he is claiming he and God are united in the same Spirit, which is the Spirit of God. If you claim he is instead saying that he is God then you are denying he is united with God in one Spirit. You cannot have it both ways.

When Jesus states “I am in the Father and the Father is in me” he is claiming he is in the Father through the Spirit of God and God is in him through the same Spirit of God. If you claim it instead means Jesus with God then you are denying what Jesus meant by his words.

When you call Jesus God you are accusing God of being tempted even as is common to human beings. Is that wise or foolish?

We are called to throw off the lies and deceptions that we have been indoctrinated with and seek the truth.

There is but one God and Jesus is the Son of his Spirit and not his bodily essence.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi ED,

The most popular understandings are to say that Jesus

Is God

Is an angelic being

Is a pre existent man

But we know none of them are true.

He is a man conceived in Mary and anointed by God as the prophets were but more so who was greatly used by God and we can follow him.

You missed out, the Word that was with God became flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@DannyDabbs

Hi @ all!

The Gnostic occultists believed that Jesus was not the Christ, but Christ came down on him at his baptism.

The Bible doesn’t say that Jesus came in the flesh and later became the Christ.
    1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.

Jesus is the Christ!

blessings!

Danny

Good stuff Danny. Yes we could be battling the Antichrist spirit which inspires doctrines that deny that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

Saying that Jesus became the Christ at baptism only and that he is a 2000 year old man at best, also denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. They teach that Jesus came in the flesh, and then became Christ decades later. So they actually teach that Jesus Christ did not come in the flesh, rather that Jesus came in the flesh.

Given enough time and rope, some end up hanging themselves.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

You are striving to force the context of the word begotten to fit what you want it to. Begotten is simply in reference to the true saying that flesh is begotten of flesh and spirit is begotten of Spirit. Nick claims spirit was begotten at the Jordon river and I disagree as I do not believe Jesus was reborn in spirit. I believe Jesus was born of Spirit before he could do either right or wrong because he revealed he walked by the Spirit by not sinning.

I disagree with you because I do not believe that Jesus is the Spirit of Christ but instead God gave him God’s Sirit and he gives it to his brothers that believe. It is called after him because he is the Anointed of God.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Is it true that you believe that Jesus was an angelic being dressed in flesh?

If not can you clarify what you believe .

This is a new teaching .

Show me where I have taught that, and I will explain what I have written. You obviously misunderstand. Otherwise speculating that I believe that Jesus was an angel (Cherub/Seraph/etc) is not true. You shouldn’t be like that. That is the wrong way to behave Nick and is not of the Spirit. Personally, I believe that a person should be silent if they do not understand what another teaches. They should only comment when they understand, otherwise they will likely bear false witness.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

So the answer is no.

Could you clarify what you do believe so that others do not come to false conclusions on the matter?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

You are striving to force the context of the word begotten to fit what you want it to.

Hi Kerwin,

No, instead you have to strive to unforce the word begotten to not fit what you don’t want it to.

…which is: the birth of Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

God does not tell us when the Spirit is speaking through Jesus.

You need to become spiritually aware.

Can you tell?

lol.

Proclaimer
    Participant

kerwin, I have never taught that Jesus is an angelic being. Whether he is or not, I have not taught that.

What I teach is that he existed in the form of God, and then came in the flesh, and is now in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos.

What was he like before he came in the flesh I am not exactly sure. Was he a spirit like an angel? Did he have a body? There is indirect evidence at best.

But I can tell you that he had glory with the Father before the cosmos. To me, this lines up with the Word that was with God that became flesh.

The Bible doesn’t give a detailed account for us to draw upon. I only speak regarding this as to which is written. If I go outside of that, it is to speculate only and usually I make that clear. But Nick is free to take something I have written and quote it. If he does, I will explain it for him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

You cannot both believe that God gave Jesus God’s Spirit and believe Jesus is God. The two are in conflict and so it is like believing you live by the Spirit at the same time you live the flesh.

Correct. But you can believe that the Divine gave or shares divine nature. You can believe that from the one Spirit are all spirits. You can believe that from the Man came all men.

As long as we have a handle on identity vs quality, then there is no conflict.

e.g., we are not Adam, but we are adam. ‘adam’ is the word for ‘man’. But Adam or ‘THE adam’ is a specific person that we are not.

Likewise, Jesus called Judas ‘devil’, but he wasn’t calling him THE devil who is Satan.

Personally, I think if people here understood the difference, then over 50% of debates here would be unnecessary.

Somehow people cannot understand this and fall into false doctrines and futile debates about Jesus being God or just a 2000 year old man.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,041 through 17,060 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account