Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,181 through 16,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,07:34)
    Hi MB,
    You admit God speaks through Jesus but you cannot hear the Spirit of the Son.

Nick

their you go again finding non scriptural non sens ,

to cover your own unwilling to believe in the words of the one you say you serve ;how can you serve someone that you do not trust in what he says ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    And until you become reborn of the Spirit you will not see more than the words on the page.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,07:38)
    Hi T,
    And until you become reborn of the Spirit you will not see more than the words on the page.

N

between you and I ;it seems I am the one that is reborn not you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes you would judge yourself that way
    1Cor 2

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,08:18)
    Hi T,
    1Cor 2

N

:D :D yeah ,only you can say that you are reborn ,right ??? :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,08:18)
    Hi T,
    1Cor 2

N

pay attention I did not say i am reborn ,only you say that

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Will you still be playing games when he returns?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,08:31)
    Hi T,
    Will you still be playing games when he returns?

N

you have notice that I have presented you with scriptures and ask you question and so is Mike ,

questions you have to this day NOT ANSWERED ,

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THEM WHEN CHRIST RETURN ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You will still be blind I expect when he does return.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2014,08:36)
    Hi T,
    You will still be blind I expect when he does return.

N

ANOTHER USELESS ANSWER

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 12 2014,19:34)
    Hi MB,
    You admit God speaks through Jesus but you cannot hear the Spirit of the Son.

I admit God spoke through Jesus when he was on earth.

Show me where “the Spirit of the Son” spoke THROUGH the man Jesus of Nazareth.

Show me in scripture, Nick. Because “the Spirit of Christ” and “the Spirit of the Son” both refer to the same spirit: Jesus' spirit. And to say that “Jesus' spirit” spoke THROUGH Jesus would be akin to saying “Nick's spirit” spoke THROUGH Nick.

So you are confused about “Spirit of Christ”. You are confused about “Spirit of the Son”.

But your confusion doesn't come from any SCRIPTURE you've read………. it comes from your DESIRE to mold the scriptures around your own understanding – instead of the other way around, like it SHOULD be.

Anyway, show me the SCRIPTURE that says ANY spirit ever spoke through Jesus – and I will give your theory a listen. If you cannot, then your claims are unfounded, unscriptural, and not worthy of my time or consideration.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

I am going to try to help you out here.

John 6
    35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.”

We'll start at verse 35, although we could start even earlier. Nick, who said the words of 35-36?

Hints:
    1. He is called “JESUS” by John – who recorded the event.

2. He referred to himself in the first person (“I”, “me”).

3. He talks about people “coming to” him (something that would be hard to do with a spirit. I mean, can any of us “come TO” God's Holy Spirit? It is in a particular place that we can “come TO”?)

4. He talks about people “believing in” him. (Who are we to believe in? Think John 3:16. Are we EVER in any scripture asked to “believe in” the Spirit of Christ? Is “the Spirit of Christ” the one name under heaven by which we can be saved?)

5. Then he points out that these people have SEEN him. (Can human beings SEE “the Spirit of Christ”?)

So, what is your answer? Who said the words of 6:35-36?

Do you agree that it was the MAN Jesus?

Admin
    Keymaster

Discussion has reached 10000 posts.

See Pre-existence (Part2) for the sequel Or feel free to read the posts in this discussion.

Part 2 resides at the top of the forum page due to being a popular topic. Part 1 and 2 are linked in the first and last posts.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God is Spirit. We each have a spirit. So Jesus would surely have a spirit. We know we are the sons of God when our spirits bear witness with God’s Spirit that we are the sons of God. So what of the son of God himself?

Spock
    Participant

We had a beginning in time, we are finite, potentially eternal. God the Son existed with the I AM before this world was, in eternity. He is the creator of the world, man is not the creator of the world.

terraricca
    Participant

colter

your book is for the birds, you would fit better with the Mormon/s ,they also have a dream book ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

I know of a guy who wishes Star Trek was true.

Spock
    Participant

Terrarrica,  my religion is consistent and is centered on a good, just and  mature God.  I notice how  different the interpretations are that each one of you have about the same book. Someone is wrong, very wrong in these discussions presented as critical from high up on your self righteous horse.

If my faith is for the birds at least my birds aren’t forced to believe things that are unjust and untruthful created by church government. My birds aren’t stuck in the dim and distant past,  limited by writings intended for the child like minds of nomadic illiterates.

Jesu from the bible: “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.”

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Wakeup
    Participant

Colter.

Antyhing new,you must back it up with scriptures.

Unless we know the scriptures you are speaking of.

Or it is of no use.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Terrarrica,  my religion is consistent and is centered on a good, just and  mature God.

A God made to your likeness.

Seriously, Colter. I am going to have to implement a system to stop Atheists and Skeptics from hijacking every topic they touch. I know you can’t help it, that is why there needs to be a forced system of some kind. There is a Skeptics Area for your religion and you can doubt the Bible as much as your heart desires from there. The Believers Area is for Believers discussing Bible stuff without being interrupted by a change in topic which is usually to debate the Bible itself or to debate whether there is a God.

There are enough legit topics on “There is no God” and “My book is better than your one”. Please do not turn all the topics you join into either of those. We are trying to encourage a diversity of topics and keep them on track too.

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 16,181 through 16,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account