Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,921 through 15,940 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    These letters are all written to the saved in Christ.
    See rom 1 etc

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,04:48)
    Hi MB,
    No the word was with God and was God.
    The Spirit of Christ is of the eternal Spirit of God.
     The Spirit spoke the truth through the servant vessel

Nick…….I tell you they simply do not get it, brother. Hebrews tells uS that GOD SPOKE,in times past in different ways “THROUGH” the prophets, and has “SPOKEN” in the latter days “THROUGH” a SON. So who was speaking “THROUGH” all of these people scripture say GOD was. I tell you they just do not get it NICK

Peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Until the veil is removed they will not see.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2014,02:27)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,20:49)
    Terrica…..So who is talking about “PHYSICAL THINGS ? God is a Spirit, and can INDWELL physical beings. Your problem  seems to be, you do not know what spirit really is nor what it can do. God the Father was truly in Jesus, and even spoke directly through the HUMAN BEING, Jesus, by the Spirit he was “ANOINTED” with, at the time of his baptism in the Jordan river.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

gene

Jesus says that what he says HE HEARD IT FROM HIS FATHER AND SO REPEAT IT TO HIS DISCIPLES ;

YOU ARE STILL WRONG ;

AND GOD IS A SPIRIT BEING ;AND SO NO ONE IS PART OF HIS PERSONAL BEING ,GOT THIS SONNY ???

Terricca”……..it is absolutely amazing how you can twist and turn simple truths . Out of one side of you mouth you say God is a spirit then you say no one is part of his personal being, but scripture says that GOD MAY be “IN” ALL, and “THROUGH” ALL. And who ever said Jesus or anyone ELSE is PART of GOD'S “personal” BEING. BUT we can have his PERSONAL-NATURE by his SPIRIT that abides “IN” US.

ARE you completely blind to this” SONNY BOY.”.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,12:50)
    Scripture calls men gods[Jn 10.38] Have they been in heaven?

Actually, in John 10:38, Jesus points out that other, lesser ones than he had been called gods in scripture, so why not the HIGHER one whom God set apart as His very own and sent into the world.

It is just one more scripture that shows us Jesus is indeed a god.

Btw, in the psalm Jesus alluded to, the “gods” were the heavenly spirit counsel of God, and not men like you said. And YES, that spirit counsel HAD been in heaven.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,10:05)
    Hi GB,
    Until the veil is removed they will not see.

Nick……..AMEM Brother. That is why I count it all Joy when I see brothers like You and Adam, Kerwin, Marty, who can at least see through some of the flack that is being thrown out here. Thanks be to God for you all.

Peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,12:50)
    The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of anointing.

The Greek word for “Christ” is “cristos”.  It means “anointed”.

The Greek word for “anointing” is “crisma”.

That Greek word (“anointing”) is in the NT three times:

1 John 2:20
    Nevertheless you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.

1 John 2:27
    Now as for you, the anointing that you received from him resides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things, it is true and is not a lie. Just as it has taught you, you reside in him.

At no time in scripture is the Greek word for “anointing” listed along with “spirit”.  There is no such thing as “The Spirit of Anointing”.  This is something you and Gene have apparently made up.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 27 2014,05:18)

Quote (terraricca @ May 27 2014,02:27)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,20:49)
    Terrica…..So who is talking about “PHYSICAL THINGS ? God is a Spirit, and can INDWELL physical beings. Your problem  seems to be, you do not know what spirit really is nor what it can do. God the Father was truly in Jesus, and even spoke directly through the HUMAN BEING, Jesus, by the Spirit he was “ANOINTED” with, at the time of his baptism in the Jordan river.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

gene

Jesus says that what he says HE HEARD IT FROM HIS FATHER AND SO REPEAT IT TO HIS DISCIPLES ;

YOU ARE STILL WRONG ;

AND GOD IS A SPIRIT BEING ;AND SO NO ONE IS PART OF HIS PERSONAL BEING ,GOT THIS SONNY ???

Terricca”……..it is absolutely amazing how you can twist and turn simple truths . Out of one side of you mouth you say God is a spirit then you say no one is part of his personal being, but scripture says that GOD MAY be “IN” ALL,  and “THROUGH” ALL.  And who ever said Jesus or anyone ELSE is PART of GOD'S “personal” BEING. BUT we can have his PERSONAL-NATURE by his SPIRIT that abides “IN” US.

ARE you completely blind to this” SONNY BOY.”.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

Gene

it seems you do not understand what i am saying ,because you mixing God's being nature and his character or spirit and soul,

two different things ,

we can be part of his will,that it dwells in us then God will be all in all

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,13:10)
    Hi MB,
    Jesus was a man.
    He was a creature of God.

Yes Nick, he was. But first, he was existing in the form of God BEFORE being made in the likeness of a human being.

You only tell half of the story, because you only BELIEVE half of the story. How much you miss. :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You speak of the Spirit of Christ?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,13:12)
    Hi MB,
    You forgot to answer this so I will repeat it.
    Mk 1
    23 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,

24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

25 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.

26 And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.

27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

Who cried out to Jesus?

This is the first I'm seeing of it, Nick. How and when did I forget to answer it? (Besides, would YOU, of all people, have any room to talk if I did occasionally forget to answer a question? :) )

The spirit cried out of the man, like it says. It was the spirit doing the talking. Whether the man's mouth moved as if he was saying the words is unclear.

(P.S. I know why you post this, and what you aim to do with it. It won't work, just so you know. But go ahead with it anyway.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If an unclean spirit can speak though a man as if the man was speaking
    why can you not yet hear the Holy Spirit in the man Christ Jesus?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,13:56)
    Hi MB,
    You say
    “(2)  To me, the “spirit of Christ” is simply Jesus the Anointed's spirit.  It is the spirit of the person we know as “Jesus the Christ (Anointed One).  Just like your spirit could be called “the spirit of Adam”, and mine could be called “the spirit of Mike”.”

So what does Rom 8 mean when it says

“if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he does not belong to Christ”

The same as it would mean if it said, “If anyone does not have the spirit of John the Baptist, he does not belong to John.”

It would mean that to be one of John's disciples, a person must also have the spirit of John, ie: the zeal, will, humility, ambition, willingness to follow God no matter what, etc.

Now, show me how Romans 8 refutes anything I said to Adam.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So we can rationalise away a serious bit of scriptural advice?
    It no longer means what it says??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,16:42)
    This all goes right over their heads Nick they have not a clue it seems.

Gene,

Perhaps it's going over our heads because you keep saying that the word “christos” means “anointing” when it doesn't.

It means “anointed (one)”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,17:03)
    Nick…….I tell you they simply do not get it, brother. Hebrews tells uS that GOD SPOKE,in times past in different ways “THROUGH” the prophets, and has “SPOKEN” in the latter days “THROUGH” a SON. So who was speaking “THROUGH” all of these people scripture say GOD was. I tell you they just do not get it NICK

Show me, Gene. Is there a time when God Himself literally spoke His own words right out of the mouth of one of those prophets?

Or does “God spoke through them” mean that they were designated by God to convey His messages to the people?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 26 2014,17:18)
    Terricca”……..it is absolutely amazing how you can twist and turn simple truths . Out of one side of you mouth you say God is a spirit then you say no one is part of his personal being……….

God is both a spirit and a person, Gene.

So is Michael, Jesus, Gabriel, Satan, etc.

Most people understand the concept of a spirit being. You alone don't understand it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,17:33)
    Hi MB,
    You speak of the Spirit of Christ?

I speak of the Anointed spirit being who dwelled in heaven before becoming flesh and dwelling on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son.

I would word it “Spirit Christ”, not “Spirit OF Christ”.

But either way, as long as we are talking about a spirit entity who lived in heaven before living on earth, we are talking about the same person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Entity? not sure that is the word.

Spirit is not anointed but anoints.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,17:41)
    Hi MB,
    If an unclean spirit can speak though a man as if the man was speaking
    why can you not yet hear the Holy Spirit in the man Christ Jesus?

How do you know it was “as if the man was speaking”?  Show me, because I've always wondered if the man's own lips were moving to make the words, of if the voice came from inside of him while the man's mouth remained still.

But to address your point, we must look at the context of the words.

Let me show you:

Mark 1
    23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out,

24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!”

26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

1.  Did anybody present THINK it was the human being speaking those words of his own accord?  Or did everybody there KNOW it was the demon inside of him doing the speaking?

2.  Consider the words that were actually spoken.  Would it make any sense for the man himself to say such things to Jesus?  NO.

3.  Does it make sense for the demon inside of the man to say such things?  YES.

4.  How did Jesus address those words?  Did he tell the man to come out of himself?  Or is it clear he was talking to someone inside of that man, and telling them to come out of the man?

After careful deliberation, we can make a logical deduction that it was the demon in the man (and not the man himself) who addressed Jesus, and who Jesus addressed right back.

Now, pick your favorite scripture where you think a different entity was literally talking through a human being.  And let's put that verse or passage to the same kind of tests and see what we find out.

Surely we don't have to go through John 8:58 again, since I've already laid it out for both you and journey.  But I will go through that one again if you wish.  Or….. you could pick a different one.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,921 through 15,940 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account