Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 11,441 through 11,460 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2011,18:58)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 08 2011,09:51)
    Kathi

God the Father was never without His Word or His Spirit.

Kathi

but the scriptures do not say that -THE WORD -IS HIS SPIRIT OR HIS SPOKEN WORD,

you do not understand God  words

Pierre

Pierre,

Are you claiming The Word of God is not the Word of God?

Kerwin

read my quote again your question is out of context ,this is not what I was asking you ,

it seems you do not want to answer the question and so redirect the question ,

so answer the question

DOES, the scriptures say that -THE WORD OF GOD(jN 1;1) -IS HIS SPIRIT OR HIS SPOKEN WORD,?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I see.  After Jesus died, was he BORN again?  Isn't that how he got to be the FIRSTBORN from the dead?  But, according to you, that can't be.  Because if Jesus was already born once by Mary, then he couldn't possibly have been born again from the dead.  Do you see how weak your argument is?

I used the word “conceived” and not “born” because conception is speaking of the beginning of one’s existence and birth speaks of the revealing of one to the world.

Never the less you failed to consider that Jesus was literally born from Mary’s womb and figuratively born from the dead unless you speak only of the flesh and not the soul.  The two do not compare.   There are two births of the spirit (essential character) but even then the old one is put to death and a new spirit is born in its place.

Kerwin, if God can take a human being who died, and raise that human being up as a brand new spirit being, then why can't he take a spirit being, place it in a woman's womb, and have that spirit be CONCEIVED as a human being?

You only come to exist one time.   If you wish to argue that God took only the soul of an angel and reincarnated it into a human body that was came to exist and developed within the inner parts of a woman then it is a different argument than stating that angel changed to a human being in the inner parts of a woman.  The problem with that idea is that reincarnation is not scriptural as it is written that we only live once and then we are subject to judgment.

Your argument is as weak as they come, as it puts limits on what God can and can't do.

Those words are the standard falls back of the desperate even though there are things God will not do.  

I am convinced he is not going to destroy a righteous angel and then make a human being that is as much like that angel as it can be while still remaining a human being.  Your words lead me to doubt that you understand what the word “conceive” means.

And you didn't address my point about Jesus SHARING IN humanity.  What did that mean if he was never anything BUT human?

It means that writer of Hebrews is making the point why Jesus is not a angel and it a human being and thus he shared in being human and not in being an angel.

I probably miss many points.  Feel free to attract my attention to them as you did in this case.

You are looking at a scripture that says “WHITE” and claiming, not only that it DOESN'T say “WHITE”, but also that it DOES say “BLACK” when in fact, it doesn't.  You say scripture doesn't attest?  Read 1 Cor 8:6 Kerwin.  

Rather, I am claiming that you misunderstand scripture to believe it means “White” when it does not mean “White” but you instead are reading your own understanding into the letters of scriptures.  

The same exact “ALL THINGS” that came from the Father also came through our Lord Jesus Christ.  So if you want to blindly change the INSPIRED SCRIPTURAL word “ALL” to “NEW”, then you have to do it with the Father also.  So………….do you believe that only NEW things came from the Father?

There are all “old” things, all “new” things, and all “old and new” things.   In your understanding you choose the last when any of the three may apply.   Elsewhere scripture attests that all new thing are made by, though, and for Jesus Anointed.  I just place that understanding into the new scripture since it is within the context of the whole gospel of Christ.

Really?  So they BOTH came from God the same exact way, yet John said he wasn't even worthy to untie the sandals of Jesus

I did not state John the Baptist came from above as it can be argued that since he fell short of the glory of God that he did not.   On the other hand the baptism he taught did indeed come from God and so he was and is a prophet of God.   Jesus did not fall short of the glory of God and so he came from above just as the baptism of John did.

Kerwin, read this scripture:

John 6:46
    No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

Could John the Baptiser also say this, Kerwin?  How is it that Jesus had seen the Father, but John hadn't – considering that, according to you, they both came down from heaven the same way.  (That's just one of MANY Jesus/John contrasts that I can scripturally show you.)

Elsewhere scripture states the Spirit of God is the only one who sees God and reveals God in those it dwells within.   John the Baptist came before the Spirit was given as a counselor as Jesus had not yet been given the authority to give it; even though he himself received that council from the counselor and continuously shares it with others.   In addition John the Baptist is not the servant God chose to put his Spirit on while Jesus is.

Kerwin, GOD impregnated Mary through His Holy Spirit.

Scripture does not state God impregnated Mary.    I believe it states conceived in every case but it may state born in some scriptures.

So even IF Jesus began his existence when he was born of Mary, he was STILL the LITERAL Son of God.  And calling me a polytheist will not change that SCRIPTURAL FACT.

You seem unable to comprehend that the physical son of God is God just like the physical son of a human being is a human being.  Believing in two God is a polytheist belief.  If you do comprehend it then I have not heard you addressing that point.

WHAT?!?  Please, by all means, show me how.  I realize that “firstborn” has more than one application.  What I asked for is a SCRIPTURE that PROHIBITS Col 1:15-16 from saying that Jesus was the first creature God ever created and all other creatures were subsequently created by God through Jesus.

It is not stating that as your understanding does not fit the whole context of the goo
    d news of the coming of the Kingdom of God; of which Colossians 1:14- is testifying.

Pastry
    Participant

Kerwin! The Soul is not the Spirit, the Soul is our bodies….The breath of live is our Spirit, which goes back to God who gave it, at death…..

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 10 2011,17:34)
    Kerwin! The Soul is not the Spirit, the Soul is our bodies….The breath of live is our Spirit, which goes back to God who gave it, at death…..

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Irene,

Please!

Matthew 10:28
    King James Version (KJV)

28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

The soul is clearly not the body according to this scripture as if it was then in every case it would die when the body did.

Either you believe what others have taught you or believe Jesus knows what he speaks of.

A human being is called a living soul when their naked soul is clothed with living flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 10 2011,22:34)

Gen 2:7   And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Irene. Does not God save our soul?
    Is not our body condemned?
    Do we not get a new body?
    If we get a new body, then which part of you is “we” as in “we get a new body”?
    And the spirit is given to us by God. It is his spirit that gives us life.

So if the body is condemned and the spirit belongs to God, then what are we really if we can get a new body and a new spirit?

Pastry
    Participant

Sorry, I got that somewhat mixed up, the body without the Soul is death….The Soul is the Spirit then, right the breath of life, that goes back to God who gave it….

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Found this o the Internet…..
    The soul is the self, the “I” that inhabits the body and acts through it. Without the soul, the body is like a light bulb without electricity, a computer without the software, a space suit with no astronaut inside. With the introduction of the soul, the body acquires life, sight and hearing, thought and speech, intelligence and emotions, will and desire, personality and identity.

Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Kerwin,

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 10 2011,00:31)

I did not state John the Baptist came from above as it can be argued that since he fell short of the glory of God that he did not.  

Okay then.  I agree that John the Baptiser did NOT come from above.  John was directed by the WORD OF GOD to go into the wilderness baptizing.  (Luke 3:2)  The word that came to him, and the baptism he gave, came from God.  But while he was sent by God, he HIMSELF did not personally come “DOWN FROM HEAVEN”.  Are we agreed so far?

If so, then surely you can see the difference between a man who was sent from God to baptize in the wilderness, and a man who claimed that HE HIMSELF came DOWN FROM HEAVEN, right?

Because in John 6, Jesus wasn't claiming that his “baptism” came down from heaven.  He wasn't claiming that the words he spoke came down from heaven.  He wasn't claiming that the spirit inside him came down from heaven.  Instead, he claimed that HE HIMSELF came down from heaven.  Can you SCRIPTURALLY show me how Jesus did NOT claim what I've just stated?

Believing in two God is a polytheist belief.  If you do comprehend it then I have not heard you addressing that point.

First, believing in more than one god is not polytheism, Kerwin.  WORSHIPPING more than one god IS.  Paul was surely not a polytheist when he said there are many gods in heaven and on earth, right?  But Paul knew that for us, there is but one God worthy of our worship.

Kerwin, we have been through this on another thread already.  I accept the scriptures.  And if Paul and Jehovah Himself both call Satan a god, then there is more than one god.  If scripture calls Jesus a god, then there is more than one god.  I worship only one God, Kerwin.  And I resent your implication that I'm a polytheist simply because I believe the words of scripture that there are many gods.

You seem unable to comprehend that the physical son of God is God just like the physical son of a human being is a human being.  

And YOU seem to be unable to comprehend that the title “THE God” is given to the ONE Omniscient Creator of all things.  “The god”(or “God” with a capped “G”), although often used as a generic name for the ONE Creator of all things, remains a title.  And the ONE Being it refers to is a Spirit Being.  If that Spirit Being begot a son, that son would not BE that same Spirit Being that begot him, but a DIFFERENT spirit being.

Kerwin, I would like you to DIRECTLY answer these following questions with ONLY a “Yes” or a “No”.

1.  When King David begot Solomon, was Solomon also King David?  YES or NO?

2.  When King David begot Solomon, did Israel all of a sudden have TWO Kings?  YES or NO?

3.  When King David begot Solomon, did King David “divide himself”?  In other words, when Solomon was born, did King David become less powerful, less handsome, less of a husband, less of a king, etc.?  YES or NO?

4.  When King David begot Solomon, did there remain only ONE King of Israel, who remained exactly as powerful as he had been before the begetting?  YES or NO?

5.  When King David begot Solomon, did there exist only ONE King of Israel, who now had a son?  YES or NO?

There are all “old” things, all “new” things, and all “old and new” things.   In your understanding you choose the last when any of the three may apply.   Elsewhere scripture attests that all new thing are made by, though, and for Jesus Anointed.  I just place that understanding into the new scripture since it is within the context of the whole gospel of Christ.

And there are also scriptures elsewhere were God says He is creating all things new.  Do those scriptures take away from the fact that God still created ALL THINGS, period?  No.

So, in 1 Cor 8:6, what exact things do you think came FROM GOD?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 11 2011,22:12)

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 10 2011,22:34)

Irene. Does not God save our soul?
    Is not our body condemned?
    Do we not get a new body?
    If we get a new body, then which part of you is “we” as in “we get a new body”?
    And the spirit is given to us by God. It is his spirit that gives us life.

So if the body is condemned and the spirit belongs to God, then what are we really if we can get a new body and a new spirit?

T8………Here is something to think about. Let say i went to a field and took a seed from a plant like a bell pepper or squash or tomato. and waited a year and Planted it what would come up ? A different kind of Bell pepper? a different Kind of squash, a different kind of Tomato , the obvious answer is NO, i would have and (EXACT SAME KIND OF PLANT) which i took that seed from.  In fact we can even expand this lets suppose the ordinal pepper plant died in the field and fell to the earth would not the exact same kind of plant come up from its seed if it were watered and had soil to grow in.  The germ that germinated it would again spark it back to life right? Now do you think that it would be any different in texture and looks then it original becasue it does not have the original body it had before it died.

Same with us our bodies are sown in corruption like that pepper plant was (IT) that same body is raised in power and Glory Just like that new Pepper plant was, it is regenerated back to life in that original form. The (KEY) here is the Word (IT) that Paul was talking about, that (IT) was and is OUR PRESENT and FUTURE BODIES. Remember T8, “to witness the redemption of our (BODIES)”.

It is necessary that we are regenerated with new Bodies exactly like GOD made our original ones except they can live for ever and never die. Look at all the resurrections in scriptures and they all had bodies, Jesus and the future resurrection of ALL the HOUSE of ISREAL are all depicted with Physical Bodies in fact there same bodies, only perfect and given eternal life . God can destory us by simply leaving us in the Grave as Jesus said he could. Without a Body with Spirit (IN) it  there exist (NO) SOUL. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 12 2011,00:13)
    Sorry, I got that somewhat mixed up, the body without the Soul is death….The Soul is the Spirit then, right the breath of life, that goes back to God who gave it….

But what happens when we get a new spirit?
    Are we a different person. I mean when I received the spirit of God, I was still me, but with a new spirit inside. And I am not my body because that will be replaced too.

My point is that WE get a new body and spirit. So if both are replaced and we are still us (albeit changed), how can WE be either the body or the spirit?

terraricca
    Participant

T8

My point is that WE get a new body and spirit. So if both are replaced and we are still us (albeit changed), how can WE be either the body or the spirit?

the soul in my understanding is not replaced but changed from serving the flesh to serving God s will in the spirit as he wanted,

so that we can receive a new body to fit the new change soul in the resurrection ,do I have right ?

Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 12 2011,07:58)
    T8………Here is something to think about. Let say i went to a field and took a seed from a plant like a bell pepper or squash or tomato. and waited a year and Planted it what would come up ? A different kind of Bell pepper? a different Kind of squash, a different kind of Tomato , the obvious answer is NO, i would have and (EXACT SAME KIND OF PLANT) which i took that seed from. In fact we can even expand this lets suppose the ordinal pepper plant died in the field and fell to the earth would not the exact same kind of plant come up from its seed if it were watered and had soil to grow in. The germ that germinated it would again spark it back to life right? Now do you think that it would be any different in texture and looks then it original becasue it does not have the original body it had before it died.

Same with us our bodies are sown in corruption like that pepper plant was (IT) that same body is raised in power and Glory Just like that new Pepper plant was, it is regenerated back to life in that original form. The (KEY) here is the Word (IT) that Paul was talking about, that (IT) was and is OUR PRESENT and FUTURE BODIES. Remember T8, “to witness the redemption of our (BODIES)”.

It is necessary that we are regenerated with new Bodies exactly like GOD made our original ones except they can live for ever and never die. Look at all the resurrections in scriptures and they all had bodies, Jesus and the future resurrection of ALL the HOUSE of ISREAL are all depicted with Physical Bodies in fact there same bodies, only perfect and given eternal life . God can destory us by simply leaving us in the Grave as Jesus said he could. Without a Body with Spirit (IN) it there exist (NO) SOUL. IMO

Point taken.

But Paul teaches us that after the physical body comes the spiritual body. I am assuming that this body is not the physical body, otherwise why not just say that the physical body becomes better or perfect like Adam's body was.

Jesus on the other hand existed with divine nature and humbled himself and partook of human nature. He is now back in the glory that he had with the Father before the world began. We start with flesh and are promised that we can partake of divine nature.

When Jesus spoke of his soul was he talking about his body?

Matthew 26:38
    Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide ye here, and watch with me.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,11:49)

Are we a different person. I mean when I received the spirit of God, I was still me, but with a new spirit inside. And I am not my body because that will be replaced too.

t8 No I think we get the same Spirit back…. Somebody told me once that it is just like a tape, God puts it on shelve and when we get our new Body, whether it is Spirit or Human Body the same tape will go into that body….. Peace Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 12 2011,12:26)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,11:49)

t8 No I think we get the same Spirit back…. Somebody told me once that it is just like a tape, God puts it on  shelve and when we get our new Body, whether it is Spirit or Human Body the same tape will go into that body….. Peace Irene

Thanks for your explanation Irene.
    If anyone wants to continue with this discussion we can go over here:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=3764

mikeboll64
    Blocked

My former understanding is listed on the 2nd page, ninth post of the thread t8 linked. It remains the same today.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,12:10)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 12 2011,07:58)
    T8………Here is something to think about. Let say i went to a field and took a seed from a plant like a bell pepper or squash or tomato. and waited a year and Planted it what would come up ? A different kind of Bell pepper? a different Kind of squash, a different kind of Tomato , the obvious answer is NO, i would have and (EXACT SAME KIND OF PLANT) which i took that seed from.  In fact we can even expand this lets suppose the ordinal pepper plant died in the field and fell to the earth would not the exact same kind of plant come up from its seed if it were watered and had soil to grow in.  The germ that germinated it would again spark it back to life right? Now do you think that it would be any different in texture and looks then it original becasue it does not have the original body it had before it died.

It is necessary that we are regenerated with new Bodies exactly like GOD made our original ones except they can live for ever and never die. Look at all the resurrections in scriptures and they all had bodies, Jesus and the future resurrection of ALL the HOUSE of ISREAL are all depicted with Physical Bodies in fact there same bodies, only perfect and given eternal life . God can destory us by simply leaving us in the Grave as Jesus said he could. Without a Body with Spirit (IN) it  there exist (NO) SOUL. IMO

Point taken.

But Paul teaches us that after the physical body comes the spiritual body. I am assuming that this body is not the physical body, otherwise why not just say that the physical body becomes better or perfect like Adam's body was.

Jesus on the other hand existed with divine nature and humbled himself and partook of human nature. He is now back in the glory that he had with the Father before the world began. We start with flesh and are promised that we can partake of divine nature.

When Jesus spoke of his soul was he talking about his body?

Matthew 26:38
    Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: abide ye here, and watch with me.

T8……………Adam and Eve or any human can have eternal life if we are allowed eat from  the tree of life . the body is simply the vehicle that contains Spirit. the Soul is the body with spirit in it another words the complete person. Separate them and that person no longer exists.  We will all be given New Spirits (Intellects) .

Eze 11:19…………> And I will give them one heart, and I put a new spirit within you and I will take the stony heart (hard heart) out of their flesh and will give them a heart of flesh …..Vers 20…..> That they may walk in my statues, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their GOD.

T8 notice no where does it say here we are to have a different body, in fact it say GOD is dealing with our FLESH EXISTENCE. The only thing replaced is our Spirits with a NEW SPIRIT When that happens we become a “spiritual being”  We are then driven with a completely “NEW SPIRIT”. Not a different type of Body.

T8 remember, unless you become or come to be as a little child you in no wise shall inter into the Kingdom of GOD. It is not a new Body we recieve it is a NEW SPIRIT in these Bodies we Have and are going to have. IMO

T8 we have an excellent helper here on this site in Paladin we need to all consider very carefully what he is explaining to us from the Greek language translations.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 12 2011,08:02)
    T8 notice no where does it say here we are to have a different body, in fact it say GOD is dealing with our FLESH EXISTENCE.

Philippians 3
    20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body

1 Corinthians 15
    44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.  If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God………...

Jesus has a new, glorious, spiritual body in heaven right now.  At the time Paul wrote this, he was anxiously awaiting his new, glorious, spiritual body.  (I assume he has it by now.)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Gene,

We should discuss this in the appropriate thread.
    I will make a reply there based on that scripture that talks about the body, soul, and spirit in scripture which appears different to body + spirit = soul.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….y309529

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 11 2011,19:13)

Found this o the Internet…..
    The soul is the self, the “I” that inhabits the body and acts through it. Without the soul, the body is like a light bulb without electricity, a computer without the software, a space suit with no astronaut inside. With the introduction of the soul, the body acquires life, sight and hearing, thought and speech, intelligence and emotions, will and desire, personality and identity.

Irene

Irene,

Sounds Good!

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 12 2011,06:49)

t8,

What you state is confusing to me.

When we are immersed in water with faith in Jesus the Anointed and all his promises the old spirit that falls short of God glory is put to death and a new spirit that is created like God in true holyness and righteousness rises from the grave.

The soul is also called the spirit but unlike the spirit of a righteous character it is the inner person that is deprived of its body when the later dies.  It is also clothed with a new body when it rises from the grave.

The same word but with two different meanings depending on if I am speaking of the seat of a person's character or their inner self which is from above.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Okay then.  I agree that John the Baptiser did NOT come from above.  John was directed by the WORD OF GOD to go into the wilderness baptizing.  (Luke 3:2)  The word that came to him, and the baptism he gave, came from God.  But while he was sent by God, he HIMSELF did not personally come “DOWN FROM HEAVEN”.  Are we agreed so far?

John the Baptist was not conceived in heaven but he was conceived on earth and in his own mother’s womb.   John the Baptist fell short of the glory of God and only good and perfect gifts come from above.   He was and is a fulfillment of the prophecy of God and all such prophecy comes from above.

If so, then surely you can see the difference between a man who was sent from God to baptize in the wilderness, and a man who claimed that HE HIMSELF came DOWN FROM HEAVEN, right?

Jesus was also conceived in his mother’s womb and is a fulfillment of prophecy.  He, unlike John the Baptist, did not fall short of the glory of God.

Because in John 6, Jesus wasn't claiming that his “baptism” came down from heaven.  He wasn't claiming that the words he spoke came down from heaven.

John’s baptism came from above because it is a good and perfect gift.  Even though the same is true of both Jesus’ words and baptism I was speaking of Jesus himself; though not in the physical sense as you choose to speak of him.

He wasn't claiming that the spirit inside him came down from heaven.  Instead, he claimed that HE HIMSELF came down from heaven.  Can you SCRIPTURALLY show me how Jesus did NOT claim what I've just stated?

I can also point to scripture that speaks of the spirit in claiming those who come from above speak of heavenly things while those that come from below speak of the things of the world.

John 3:31

King James Version (KJV)

31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

I can demonstrate that he addresses his spirit as himself in scripture that speaks of it coming from above.

John 8:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

After all the kingdom of heaven is not a thing of flesh and blood but it a thing of the spirit of God.

And I resent your implication that I'm a polytheist simply because I believe the words of scripture that there are many gods.

According to Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary the belief in more than one God is polytheism

First, believing in more than one god is not polytheism, Kerwin.  WORSHIPPING more than one god IS.

Many of the Mesopotamia religions are similar to your doctrine and they are considered polytheistic.    Those religions do worship angels, which they also call gods.  Your doctrine is henotheistic similar to the religions of the Moabites and the Edomites.  It is not the religion of Israel unless you like some scholars believe that the religion of Israel evolved from henotheism to monotheism during the period of their Babylonian captivity.

Paul was surely not a polytheist when he said there are many gods in heaven and on earth, right?  But Paul knew that for us, there is but one God worthy of our worship.

There are many of the mighty in both heaven and on earth but the mighty are of different species but only Jehovah is of the species Almighty.  All gods are not the same just as scripture informs us that the species of cerebrum has a unique form.

And if Paul and Jehovah Himself both call Satan a god, then there is more than one god.  If scripture calls Jesus a god, then there is more than one god.  I worship only one God, Kerwin.

If scripture calls a human being god then does that mean he is also a god or is he instead one of the mighty among the human species?

And YOU seem to be unable to comprehend that the title “THE God” is given to the ONE Omniscient Creator of all things.  “The god”(or “God” with a capped “G”), although often used as a generic name for the ONE Creator of all things, remains a title.  And the ONE Being it refers to is a Spirit Being.

It is not just a title of his rank as you seem to imply.  It is his essential being. That is why I spoke of Jehovah’s being unable to sin or even be tempted by sin as that is a basic part of what makes him the one and only member of the Almighty species.  It is one reason he has the rank of God.

If that Spirit Being begot a son, that son would not BE that same Spirit Being that begot him, but a DIFFERENT spirit being.

That sounds like the theory of Evolution as you seem to state one species of angel will sire another species of angel.

Kerwin, I would like you to DIRECTLY answer these following questions with ONLY a “Yes” or a “No”.

Most of your questions are about rank and that is not where our controversy rises as I agree with you that God has a higher rank than Jesus.  One exception exists to that and that is question number three and even to that a yes/no answer is not a complete answer since you do not mention if David’ species and the essence of that species was divided(shared by more individuals) by the con
    ception of Solomon and David’s other children.

And there are also scriptures elsewhere were God says He is creating all things new.  Do those scriptures take away from the fact that God still created ALL THINGS, period?  No.

I agree with you on that point and I also agree that Colossians 1 is not a proof scripture that only all new things were created in, by, and for Jesus.

So, in 1 Cor 8:6, what exact things do you think came FROM GOD?

I am unable to look at 1 Corinthians 8:6 at this time.  Perhaps I will later with God’s guidance and permission.

Viewing 20 posts - 11,441 through 11,460 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account