Penalty Squares

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 12 2012,21:13)
    Hi Pierre,

It's not just the experts, and Nick knows it.

Acts 28:6
    The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead, but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.

The word “a” is not in the Greek text, Pierre.  English translators had the choice of rendering that verse “God”, or “a god”.  This is the case throughout the scriptures.  I shouldn't even need to quote experts to affirm what is common place throughout the Bible.

Does Nick really think it's grammatically possible to render “a god” in Acts, but for some odd reason, it's impossible to do the same in John 1:1c?   ???

These are the kinds of things I've been showing Nick during our 6 month discussion of this subject.  (That's right Princess, it took me 6 months of beating my head against the wall before I put Nick on the Hot Seat.)

He's afraid that if he were to ADMIT what he already knows to be the fact of the matter, then he'd have to have this discussion with me from an even starting place.  He doesn't want that, so he will hold on to the flawed “God” translation forever, and insist it is the ONLY possibility, just so the discussion will never really get started in the first place.

WJ left this site while in the middle of the same discussion with me.  He couldn't bring himself to acknowledge the simple, grammatical FACT of the matter either.  :)

MIKE

I just seen this today ;so here it is ;

many come on this site for teaching what they believe ,and how they understand the scriptures in their prefer translation ;this shows that they have settle in their knowledge as well ,and so more likely have stopped learning anything only re handling what they already have accepted as truth in their mind and heart ,and so disregard the real truth of God s word,

the fact that they cannot stand against what has been put in front of them ;so they take the way of the Pharisees,(small talks)but NO TRUTH IN RETURN TO ENLIGHTEN THE MISGUIDED ACCORDING TO THEM,and so take the road of the ones were the seed has fallen in the rocks or in the thorns,

I must say that it is a lonely road for the true Christians in this world but God has always be there for them no matter what .

so do not despair ,stick to the truth and do not look neither left or right from it ,

May God bless you and those like you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You too are content with the carnal view?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ June 14 2012,13:01)
    You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

This site has always been moderated and likely always will.

If you don't like the moderators way of doing things, then there are likely plenty of other forums out there that might suit you better. No one is forcing you to stick around and be moderated in ways you dislike.

I am sorry that I myself cannot cater to all tastes. But my advice is get use to it or vote with your feet. Because there are not a whole heap of resources for this site, so it is managed in available time only.

I personally steer clear of people who try to bog me down in indepth discussions that deter me away from my posting time here. I hope you can understand that. Like all things in life, the absolute ideal also costs the highest price.

Remember no one is charging you a fee to come here. Like all sites that are free, you get what you get and if you don't like it, then there are millions of other sites out there.

Please stop complaining and accept the way it is. Remember, I am not getting paid for managing this and I have other needs to take care of in life.

:)

Hi T8,

If you need help moderating the site all you need to do is ask.

I realize that you don't enjoy seeing conflict of any kind,
    but I must remind you that we do have the right to
    defend ourselves even it may seem unpleasant.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 14 2012,12:39)
    When did t8 suggest you had to answer with only certain, selected, limited answers, Ed?

Ed, there is not a single question you could ask me that I couldn't honestly answer for you.  Why are you guys making such a big deal of this?  If you're worried about tiles, then just answer people's questions.  You should be doing that anyway, right?  After all, it is a discussion forum.  ???

Hi Mike,

I do always answer your questions in whatever thread you ask me.
    But I was only concerned after I seen my name on a question
    you had been asking Nick, because you had ran from dis-
    cussions with me on this very issue a few days earlier.

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2012,14:54)

Hi Pierre,

The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead, but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.

The word “a” is not in the Greek text, Pierre.  English translators had the choice of rendering that verse “God”, or “a god”.  This is the case throughout the scriptures.  I shouldn't even need to quote experts to affirm what is common place throughout the Bible.

Does Nick really think it's grammatically possible to render “a god” in Acts, but for some odd reason, it's impossible to do the same in John 1:1c?   ???

These are the kinds of things I've been showing Nick during our 6 month discussion of this subject.  (That's right Princess, it took me 6 months of beating my head against the wall before I put Nick on the Hot Seat.)

He's afraid that if he were to ADMIT what he already knows to be the fact of the matter, then he'd have to have this discussion with me from an even starting place.  He doesn't want that, so he will hold on to the flawed “God” translation forever, and insist it is the ONLY possibility, just so the discussion will never really get started in the first place.

WJ left this site while in the middle of the same discussion with me.  He couldn't bring himself to acknowledge the simple, grammatical FACT of the matter either.  :)

MIKE

many come on this site for teaching what they believe ,and how they understand the scriptures in their prefer translation ;this shows that they have settle in their knowledge as well ,and so more likely have stopped learning  anything only re handling what they already have accepted as truth in their mind and heart ,and so disregard the real truth of God s word,

the fact that they cannot stand against what has been put in front of them ;so they take the way of the Pharisees,(small talks)but NO TRUTH IN RETURN  TO ENLIGHTEN THE MISGUIDED ACCORDING TO THEM,and so take the road of the ones were the seed has fallen in the rocks or in the thorns,

I must say that it is a lonely road  for the true Christians in this world but God has always be there for them no matter what .

so do not despair ,stick to the truth and do not look neither left or right from it ,

Hi Pierre,

Sounds like you describe yourself very well.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2012,22:07)

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2012,14:54)

Hi Pierre,

MIKE

many come on this site for teaching what they believe ,and how they understand the scriptures in their prefer translation ;this shows that they have settle in their knowledge as well ,and so more likely have stopped learning  anything only re handling what they already have accepted as truth in their mind and heart ,and so disregard the real truth of God s word,

the fact that they cannot stand against what has been put in front of them ;so they take the way of the Pharisees,(small talks)but NO TRUTH IN RETURN  TO ENLIGHTEN THE MISGUIDED ACCORDING TO THEM,and so take the road of the ones were the seed has fallen in the rocks or in the thorns,

I must say that it is a lonely road  for the true Christians in this world but God has always be there for them no matter what .

Hi Pierre,

Sounds like you describe yourself very well.

God bless

Edj

I have over 10000 quotes could you find one that you can take a scripture against it and so declare me a liar ,

Please do so ,it would help me, and you in different ways but that's ok

I guess,if you can not do it ,then just keep silent

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2012,21:56)
    Hi T,
    You too are content with the carnal view?

N

You never answer me how I am carnal ????

This is the second time ,it start to be a false accusation ,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 14 2012,17:28)
    Edj

I have over 10000 quotes could you find one that you can take a scripture against it and so declare me a liar ,

Hi Pierre,

This is not the thread for discussing your beliefs.
    But since you have asked I will give you one quick point.
    A baby's surrogate mother is not included in a baby's lineage.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,01:59)

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how would you know ????

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 15 2012,03:21)

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how would you know ????

Because a baby's surrogate mother would not be the baby's lineage.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2012,18:04)
    If you need help moderating the site all you need to do is ask.

I realize that you don't enjoy seeing conflict of any kind,
    but I must remind you that we do have the right to
    defend ourselves even it may seem unpleasant.

Yes and if there is an issue with a question, then report it to a moderator.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2012,18:05)
    Hi Mike,

I do always answer your questions in whatever thread you ask me.
    But I was only concerned after I seen my name on a question
    you had been asking Nick, because you had ran from dis-
    cussions with me on this very issue a few days earlier.

This is why the Hot Seat exists and why we are enforcing the rule that you must answer a reasonable question if it is asked from there. It is as much a benefit for yourself and Mike because if Mike is running away, then you can take action, and if Mike is not running away, then he can answer you from there and remove all doubt about what he thinks.

It's a win win for all, except the dodgers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    So we all need the equipment you wear?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,12:10)

Quote (terraricca @ June 15 2012,03:21)

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how would you know ????

Because a baby's surrogate mother would not be the baby's lineage.

edj

my question was ;how do you know that the mother is a surrogate mother ???

does she has a sign in her face that says that ???

does she wares something to show that she his a surrogate mother ???

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

The point is that Mary was not!

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,17:03)
    PIERRE,

The point is that Mary was not!

God bless

edj

either answer the questions ,with truth;

not stupid comments .like what is your word worth ???? nothing ,zero

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ June 13 2012,21:54)

:)

princess
    Participant

So just to get this straight about the penalty squares.

Someone ask a question
    It must be answer correctly by how the moderator interprets truth
    Then the moderator depending on their mood will decide if they are satisfied with the answer.
    If no satisfaction is attained then a square will be awarded.

T8, are you ready to let the forum go and move onto something else? It is totally understandable if you would, you have many years and much time into this forum.

Perhaps, you should think again about another moderator. Don't know when you ask Nick last, but I would suggest the question to be asked again.

Then to give a square you would need both moderators to vote on the issue. Due to your comments about time and family your moderator status stands as a dictatorship.

Just a suggestion. What do you think?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ June 15 2012,19:29)
    So just to get this straight about the penalty squares.

Someone ask a question
    It must be answer correctly by how the moderator interprets truth
    Then the moderator depending on their mood will decide if they are satisfied with the answer.
    If no satisfaction is attained then a square will be awarded.

T8, are you ready to let the forum go and move onto something else? It is totally understandable if you would, you have many years and much time into this forum.

Perhaps, you should think again about another moderator. Don't know when you ask Nick last, but I would suggest the question to be asked again.

Then to give a square you would need both moderators to vote on the issue. Due to your comments about time and family your moderator status stands as a dictatorship.

Just a suggestion. What do you think?

hi princess

you know this forum should not become a dump for junk believers ,

nor for stupid endless senseless topics,

the character of the forum is a Christian one and with true guide lines ,if someone has enlightenment in scriptures let him show all and share it ,but let God be true not men,

do not be like the devil GIVE ENOUGH TRUTH TO GAIN TRUST THEN OVER POWER ALL ;

this is not the way of God ,or Christ nor is it of any true Christian,

princess
    Participant

Hello T,

I cannot see how suggesting Nick as a moderator will change the outcome of the number of posters on this forum nor the continued endless debates.

Nor do I see where this devil will come along and strip everyone's belief from them, and take control over them.

And if you are going to throw the christian card, then may I suggest 'fair weights and measures' be applied. For as it stands this method is not in use. Perhaps a casting of lots for another moderator.

Really think about this T, a moderators position is to be a watchmen over the board to protect the flock.
    A moderator should not be the one crying wolf.

Just my thoughts though.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account