No man [had] seen God at any time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 05 2012,17:21)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 05 2012,06:23)
    Jack,

Let's say you're right about 1:18 meaning no one has ever understood God.

What about 1 john 4:12?

No-one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

The Greek word in this case is “theaomai”, which has to do with seeing with the eyes, and doesn't, from what I can tell, carry the alternate meaning of “to see with the mind” that “horao” carries.

Hi Mike,

“And [The LORD] said, Thou canst not see my face:
    for there shall no man see me, and live.” (Ex 33:20)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

edj

God his spirit and so his energy ,and no true energy can be seen by the eyes of a men,God made the sun and can not look at it strait without consequences,

and the sun his only a weak sun to the one that made it

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,17:21)
    Hi Mike,

“And [The LORD] said, Thou canst not see my face:
    for there shall no man see me, and live.” (Ex 33:20)

I agree with you that no man has ever seen God Almighty, Ed.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj and Mike…………..I agree with that also.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

From another forum site:

John Doe wrote:

Your words need to be corrected and yes they heard his voice out of the midst of the fire which was used figurately just as Manoah knew that he was an angel of the LORD

It is YOUR words which need to be corrected. You left out the first part of the verse which says that they SAW His glory, that is, they saw God Himself.

However as John says: Joh 1:18 God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father–he did declare.

You err again! This means that no man had seen God with the eye of the understanding until Jesus came and had “EXPLAINED” Him. The word “explained” defines the word “seen.”

“No man has ever comprehended God; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him” (made Him comprehensible).

There are several instances when men saw God with the physical organ:

1. Jacob saw God “face to face” and marveled that his “life was spared” (Gen. 32:30).

2. Moses said that Hagar saw YHWH and was astonished that she remained alive (Gen. 16:13).

3. The elders and priests on the Mount saw God's glory and were amazed that they “still lived” (Deut. 5).

In all these instances they were amazed that they did not die. This proves that their belief that they could not see God and still live was superstition. So when God said, “No man can see Me and live,” He was NOT speaking as a matter of fact. He was stating it as they thought because of their fears. Hence, God showed Moses His backside to accomodate his fears.

4. Isaiah said, “My eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts” (Is. 6:5). John says that it was Jesus whom Isaiah saw (John 12:41). Therefore, Jesus is the LORD of hosts!

5. While Job was suffering he expected that he would see God while still in the flesh (Job 19:26). Then God revealed Himself to Job and he said, “Now my eye sees you” (42:5).

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God

This means that Jesus was God made visible. Christ is the “image” of the invisible God in the sense that the picture on your TV monitor is the “image” of the invisible signal on the dvd disc. Your dvd player converts the invisible signals on the disc into visible images on your monitor.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

KJ……….Right Jesus refelected the IMAGE of God “THROUGH HIm , on that i agree , But Jesus Himself was not that IMAGE He was REFELCTING to Us That Image was simply comming “THROUGH” Him Just as the Signal that Makes up the image of your TV Monitor, that monitor is not “ITSELF” the orgin of the Signal Producing that Image we see. Same with the “MAN” Jesus He is not himself, that GOD, that was being protrayed to us “through” Him.

Your trinitarians Problem is you are making Jesus both the signal producing the Image and the TV monitor as a all in one thing < But just as the TV Monitor can only recieve the signal creating the Images we see, So itis with Jesus a Man who God and his Word came to us "THROUGH" Him.

They are not all one and the same, as you falsely teach IMO Brother. The Trinity is a False teaching KJ.

peace and love to you and yours KJ……………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jack,

If I take the time to scripturally correct some of the misunderstandings in your last post, will you read it and respond?

I ask because I refuted the information you recently posted on HN, and you never responded.

If you will read and learn, I will spend my time on this.  If not, then why should I bother?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Exodus 24:9-11:

9 Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. 11 But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.

God CLEARLY manifested Himself in human form. He layed His hand on some of them, sapphire stone was under God's feet, and He ate and drank with them.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ April 27 2014,23:39)

9 Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. 11 But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank.

God CLEARLY manifested Himself in human form. He layed His hand on some of them, sapphire stone was under God's feet, and He ate and drank with them.

kj

the only thing they ever heard and see was the angel of God ;

read all the scriptures ;

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ April 28 2014,04:39)

Kangaroojack.

Exodus 24:1 And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel;
    ***and worship ye afar off***.

Exodus 24:2 ***And Moses alone shall come near the
    LORD***:
    but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Of course God has never left His throne-heaven.
    He has dwelled with his chosen people on earth and will do so again when the kingdom is fully shown on earth

But he will still be in heaven

He was in Christ reconciling the world to himself [2 Cor 5.19]when Jesus taught us to pray

“Our Father Which art in heaven..”

terraricca
    Participant

HI

MEN ONLY SEES THINGS OF GOD ;BUT CAN BY THAT MEAN SEE GOD (HIS PERSONALITY)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 05 2014,09:54)
    HI

MEN ONLY SEES THINGS OF GOD ;BUT CAN BY THAT MEAN SEE GOD (HIS PERSONALITY)

Can anyone tell me what the word elohim means?

wakeup.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account