Mind Your Faith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Anyone here understand if they are honest.

“Still others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, but the cares of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” (Mark 3:19)

Miia
    Participant

James 5:16

“And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.…

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia ….IT IS INDEED ALL ABOUT FAITH, AND LOVE, AND WE NEED TO ALL APROACH OUR GOD HUMBLY WITH ALL GRAVITY OF FAITH, DID HE NOT SAY “I AM FOUND BY THEM WHO SEEK ME”, WHAT A PRIVILEGE AND HONOR TO BE ACCEPTED AND HEARD BY OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. HE DISCIPLINES US FOR OUR OWN GOOD, SO WE CAN PRODUCE THE FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Miia
    Participant

Gene,

“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Lovely words.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Miia….Yes God did that to provok Isreal to Jealousy and to extend his salvation to all mankind also. But he also said that he was found by those who seek him too as i recall. The earth is to become full of the knowledge of God, so that no lomger will a man teach his neighbor about God m “for they all shall know of me from the lest to the gretest, says the LORD”.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Miia
    Participant

Yes but faith can become weak.

Ed J
    Participant

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you” (James 4:8)

Miia
    Participant

That is a good verse Ed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

For ground that drinks in the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled receives a blessing from God; but if it yields thorns and thistles it is worthless and close to being cursed, and it ends up being burned.

Heb 6.7f

Miia
    Participant

So how to overcome? Because there are overcomer’s, like Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia, here is what you overcome…

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes,
    and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.And the world
    passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth
    for ever.” (1 John 2:16-17)

Ed J
    Participant

…as you can see Miia, that is not planet Earth. But the fallen creation!

Ed J
    Participant

The rudiments is what gets burned up, not planet Earth

Miia
    Participant

Good verse thanks Ed. It goes with what Jesus said “Still others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, but the cares of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word.”

We should become monks!

Ed J
    Participant

Good verse thanks Ed. It goes with what Jesus said “Still others are like the seeds sown among the thorns. They hear the word, but the cares of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desire for other things come in and choke the word.”

We should become monks!

Hi Miia,

No, we just need to be lead by the Spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

lk8.49

While he was still speaking, someone came from the house of the synagogue official, saying

”Your daughter has died; do not trouble the teacher anymore”

But when Jesus heard this, he answered him

”Do not be afraid any longer, only believe and she will be made well”

When they came to the house , he did not allow anyone to enter with him, except Peter and John and James and the girl’s  father and mother. Now they were all weeping and lamenting for her, but he said

”Stop weeping, for she has not died but is asleep”

And they began laughing at him, knowing that she had died. He, however took her by the hand and called, saying

”Child, arise!”

And her spirit returned, and she got up immediately; and he gave orders for something to be given to her to eat.

Acts 9 .39f

So Peter arose and went with them. When he arrived, they brought him into the upper room; and all the widows stood beside him, weeping and showing all the tunics and garments that Dorcas used to make while she was with them. But Peter sent them all out, and knelt down and prayed, and, turning to the body he said

”Tabitha, arise”

And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up. And he gave her his hand and raised her up, and calling the saints and widows, he presented her alive.

Faith in action without the distractions of what your eyes seem to see and what your mind thinks it knows.

Miia
    Participant

Thanks Nick

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account