Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Keith, I think you might have “forgotten” about this post.  :)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 22 2011,14:20)

The question once again is assuming God is a “Singular being”?

But as usual even when I answer you ask again.

Okay, then let me ask a completely different question:

Keith, according to scripture, is Jesus the Son of the SINGLE BEING of God?

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2011,16:00)

mike

Mike

God is a plural being. So your question is based on a false premise.

Jesus is the Son of the Father and the Father is God, but so is the Son and so is the Holy Spirit.

I don't care if you don't like my answer Mike. That is what you will get so don't ask it again.

Your question is like…

Have you stopped beating your wife lately? The question is based on a false premise that you are beating your wife.

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2011,15:18)

mike

Mike

Not so fast Keith,

Is there more than one being who is God Almighty? If not, then God Almighty is a SINGLE BEING, as in THERE IS ONLY ONE OF THEM.

IS JESUS THE SON OF THIS BEING?

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 27 2011,01:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2011,14:53)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 25 2011,10:22)
    Mike

Listen real close.

There is only One “Christos” in scripture.

There is only One “Messiah” spoken of in scripture.

Unless you can show me a verse that says “Christ” (Christos) is ascribed to any other then you are just blowing in the wind.

Again, no, YOU listen real close!

This is the definition for the Hebrew word we translate as “messiah”

1) anointed, anointed one
    1a) of the Messiah, Messianic prince
    1b) of the king of Israel
    1c) of the high priest of Israel
    1d) of Cyrus
    1e) of the patriarchs as anointed kings

Right from the very definition we learn that Cyrus was also a “messiah”, right?

But you want a scripture?  Okay:

Lev 4:16
    Then the high priest must bring some of the blood of the bull to the Meeting Tent,

Keith, this really says, “the messiah priest”.  And there are many scriptures like this where God speaks of His “anointed ones”, meaning “His messiahs”.  Here's another:

1Ch 16:22
    saying, “Don’t touch my anointed ones! Don’t harm my prophets!”

This really says, “Don't touch my messiahs!”.  And yes, in both of these scriptures, and all the others that speak of various messiahs, the LXX translates it as “christs”.

And we all know that God foretold about His MESSIAH/CHRIST Cyrus at least 400 years before he was even born.

So, there are two of the many verses………..what say you?

mike

Sorry Mike

None of those scriptures use the word “Christos”. Where is the word “Christos” reffering to anyone but Jesus and false “Christos”.

There is no other “Messiah” Mike and no other “Christ”.

The New Testament scriptures talk about us being anointed but the Greek word used is “chrisma”.

WJ

WJ,

Lol did Mike really just replaced words such as prophets and high priest with Messiah?

This is ridiculous.

Talk about extremes.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 25 2011,10:22)
    Listen real close.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2011,09:53)
    no, YOU listen real close!

Ha ha….

How long has this debate been going on for?

(how many years)?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 27 2011,13:25)
    WJ,

Lol did Mike really just replaced words such as prophets and high priest with Messiah?

This is ridiculous.

Talk about extremes.

Hi D,

You have become “Jack Jr.” on this site.  It seems that the only purpose you serve anymore is to try to belittle others while cheerleading for Keith.  Okay smartie, Click Here and see for yourself.  Every single instance of “chosen”, “anointed” and “High” on this page is the Hebrew word “mashiyach”, which is to us, “messiah”.

And every one of these except the last one is translated into the Greek LXX as “christos”.  (For the last one, Leviticus 4:3, the LXX has “chrio” instead of “christos”.)

Are you ready for the kicker?  NOT every one of these is about Jesus.  Some are about David.  Some are about High Priests who were not Jesus.  The first one is about the nation of Israel as a whole.

Have you forgotten that Cyrus was also a messiah/christ of Jehovah?  And that there were prophesies concerning him that were written 400 years before he even existed?  ???

Read the link, D.  I'll anxiously await an INTELLIGENT response from you, instead of more cheerleading for Keith.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 28 2011,04:18)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 27 2011,13:25)
    WJ,

This is ridiculous.

Talk about extremes.

Hi D,

You have become “Jack Jr.” on this site.  It seems that the only purpose you serve anymore is to try to belittle others while cheerleading for Keith.  Okay smartie, Click Here and see for yourself.  Every single instance of “chosen”, “anointed” and “High” on this page is the Hebrew word “mashiyach”, which is to us, “messiah”.

And every one of these except the last one is translated into the Greek LXX as “christos”.  (For the last one, Leviticus 4:3, the LXX has “chrio” instead of “christos”.)

Are you ready for the kicker?  NOT every one of these is about Jesus.  Some are about David.  Some are about High Priests who were not Jesus.  The first one is about the nation of Israel as a whole.

Have you forgotten that Cyrus was also a messiah/christ of Jehovah?  And that there were prophesies concerning him that were written 400 years before he even existed?  ???

Read the link, D.  I'll anxiously await an INTELLIGENT response from you, instead of more cheerleading for Keith.

mike

Blah blah blah mike.

Im not KJ dude. I just happen to pass by and read your logic of replacing messiah in places it shouldnt be.

Dude. There is only ONE MESSIAH.

This is like your elohim logic all over again.
    Its not just the word with definitions that should be scrutunized but REVELANCE as well.

For example if I mention God, though you define what God could mean, doesnt mean you know exactly what im refering to or even if i refer to the christian religion.

There you go punk.
    Stop trying to twist everything around to fit your views.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Mike,
    And Purple is for Girls

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 27 2011,17:41)

This is the mentality of the “Jesus is God” crowd.  Dennison doesn't even care to LOOK at the SCRIPTURAL evidence I've provided.  :)

Listen up D, “messiah/christ” means “anointed one”.  ANYONE who Jehovah has anointed is a “messiah/christ”.  Get it?  This is the SCRIPTURAL FACT OF THE MATTER.  So you can either BELIEVE the scriptures, or you can blindly stand there and keep yelling “There is only ONE MESSIAH”.  The choice is yours you know.  But the former choice would have you speaking scripturally, while the latter choice has you speaking lies against the Word of God.  Which would you rather do?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

For Dennison and Keith:

Isaiah 45:1
    “This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Do you see the word “anointed”?  That word in Hebrew is “MESSIAH”.  And the LXX translates it as “CHRIST”.

Jehovah also says about Cyrus:

He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please……………I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness: I will make all his ways straight. He will rebuild my city and set my exiles free……….

Jesus is the greatest Messiah/Christ…………but not the only one.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey D,

Here's one that speaks of Jehovah's messiah, Saul:

1Sa 26:9
    But David said to Abishai, “Don’t kill him! Who can extend his hand against the Lord’s chosen one and remain guiltless?”

Here's one that speaks of Jehovah's messiah, David:

2Sa 19:21
    Abishai son of Zeruiah replied, “For this should not Shimei be put to death? After all, he cursed the Lord’s anointed!”

Are you getting the point, or do you need me to post more of them?

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2011,07:55)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2011,14:14)
    Mike

The Throne of David was a type of the Throne of God but now that Jesus sits in the Throne of God it is no longer the Throne of David but it is the Throne of God and Jesus.

WJ

Oh…………..but doesn't it say that there will be no end to someone sitting in the throne OF DAVID?  

mike

Hi Mike,

You are correct Mike, and there never has!
    Jer.33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never
    [be without] a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
    (After Solomon, Jeroboam was made King over ALL of Israel. 1Kings 12:20)

The “Throne of David” is now in England!

The Crown was then taken over the Caucuses mountains,
    and first settled in “Scotland”, The “UNITED KINGDOM” is now in “England”!
    Also: The “AKJV Bible” is the “Officially endorsed bible” under (the Crown or) the throne of David!  

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 28 2011,10:42)
    Mike,
    And Purple is for Girls

Hi SF,

Is yellow for cowards?

God bless  
    Ed J

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2011,18:57)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 27 2011,17:41)

This is the mentality of the “Jesus is God” crowd.  Dennison doesn't even care to LOOK at the SCRIPTURAL evidence I've provided.  :)

Listen up D, “messiah/christ” means “anointed one”.  ANYONE who Jehovah has anointed is a “messiah/christ”.  Get it?  This is the SCRIPTURAL FACT OF THE MATTER.  So you can either BELIEVE the scriptures, or you can blindly stand there and keep yelling “There is only ONE MESSIAH”.  The choice is yours you know.  But the former choice would have you speaking scripturally, while the latter choice has you speaking lies against the Word of God.  Which would you rather do?

mike

Mike

Then you know once again more than the Scriptures, the Apostles and the ForeFathers because you cannot find a single NT scripture that calls anyone but Jesus “The Christ” or the Messiah can you?

The very fact that Jesus himself says in the last days there will be many saying “I am Christ” and says “believe them not” should tell you something, but knowing your pride and logic I doubt you will ever admit that there is only “One Christ” Messiah found in the scriptures.

Mr Mike the almigthy credential-less scholar once again knows more than the rest.  :D

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2011,20:08)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2011,15:18)

mike

Mike

Not so fast Keith,

Is there more than one being who is God Almighty?

Mike

No! God is a plural unity, meaning there are three in one. Three persons who all share the same Spirit or essence, or that which makes God, God.

If not, then God Almighty is a SINGLE BEING, as in THERE IS ONLY ONE OF THEM.

God is three persons, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

[IS JESUS THE SON OF THIS BEING?

mike

Jesus is the Son of the Father and is in the Fathers Bosom and is One with him and the Holy Spirit.

This is how the Athanasian Creed explains it…

For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost is all one: the glory equal, the majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreate, the Son uncreate, and the Holy Ghost uncreate. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost incomprehensible. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three Eternals, but one Eternal. As there are not three Uncreated nor three Incomprehensibles, but one Uncreated and one Incomprehensible. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Ghost almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties, but one Almighty. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords, but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say, There be three Gods, (or two) or three Lords. The Father is made of none: neither created nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son: neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before or after other; none is greater or less than another; But the whole three Persons are coeternal together, and coequal: so that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshiped. He, therefore, that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 26 2011,15:55)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2011,14:14)
    Mike

The Throne of David was a type of the Throne of God but now that Jesus sits in the Throne of God it is no longer the Throne of David but it is the Throne of God and Jesus.

WJ

Oh…………..but doesn't it say that there will be no end to someone sitting in the throne OF DAVID?  Where is the scripture that tells you that the “throne of David” stopped being called the “throne of David” and began to be called the “Throne of God”?

mike

Mike

The Throne of David was “Gods Throne” in the earth and the scritpures says Jesus would rule in that Throne Forever and of his dominion there would be no end.

Its now the Throne of Jesus becasue he is the succeeding King of Kings and all things are in his hands.

The scriptures clearly say “of that Kingdom there shall be no end“.

WJ

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 28 2011,09:41)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Feb. 28 2011,10:42)
    Mike,
    And Purple is for Girls

Hi SF,

Is yellow for cowards?

God bless  
    Ed J

I Dont know, you should probably change your font color if you believe that :D

Your logo is girly also.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Look Mr. No-Credentials aka Mike,

Your trying to use the definitions of a particular word as straw mans to avoid the crux of the matter.

When Paul talks about the Son of God, or Cristo who is he talking about? Obviously about Jesus.
    God could mean a “Supreme being” doesnt mean that the one True God is “RA of eygpt” just becuase he is called god.

The same logic goes for everything else.
    There is only one Christ, who died for all our sins.
    There is only one Son of God.
    There is only one True God.

There isnt anything else to argue.
    Your just beattnig a dead horse.

duece

SF said:

Exactly! Mike is just playing his dumb word games so he can avoid facing the truth.

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

Keith said to me:

Mike

Listen real close.

There is only One “Christos” in scripture.

There is only One “Messiah” spoken of in scripture.

Unless you can show me a verse that says “Christ” (Christos) is ascribed to any other then you are just blowing in the wind.

Dennison piped in with this brotherly love:

Blah blah blah mike.

I just happen to pass by and read your logic of replacing messiah in places it shouldnt be.

There you go punk.
    Stop trying to twist everything around to fit your views.

So what did I do?  I gave them the NETNotes link that shows all the scriptures where many others were called “messiahs” and “christs”.  Saul was.  David was.  Cyrus was.  The Nation of Israel as a whole was.  High Priests were.  Etc, etc, etc.

The link is right there for them to click on.  The scriptures are right there for them to peruse.  The Strong numbers and definitions are right there so they can see that the Hebrew word used is “messiah”.  And the LXX translation is right there so they can see that the Hebrew word “messiah” was translated into the Greek language as “christos”.

Everything they need to know the truth of the matter is right there, just one little mouse click away.  And I even posted three or four of the actual scriptures for them.  Yet for responses, I get this from Keith:

Mike

Then you know once again more than the Scriptures…….

…..but knowing your pride and logic I doubt you will ever admit that there is only “One Christ” Messiah found in the scriptures.

Mr Mike the almigthy credential-less scholar once again knows more than the rest

And from Dennison, I got this response:

Look Mr. No-Credentials aka Mike,

Your trying to use the definitions of a particular word as straw mans to avoid the crux of the matter.

There isnt anything else to argue.  
    Your just beattnig a dead horse.

And from Jack:

Exactly! Mike is just playing his dumb word games so he can avoid facing the truth.

What gives?  ???  Why all the anger and insults?  What's the matter with you “Jesus is God” people?  Is this what you resort to when you are scripturally proven to be wrong?  Of course it is!  :D  We've all seen it many times before this.

But here's the SCRIPTURAL TRUTH of the matter, which none of you can HONESTLY deny:

Jehovah has anointed many people to many different tasks, for many different reasons.  And these anointed ones are called “messiah” in Hebrew, and “christos” in Greek.  So not only was Jesus not the ONLY messiah or christ mentioned in the scriptures, he wasn't even the ONLY one whose coming was foretold.  Cyrus was also a messiah/christ of God whose coming was foretold hundreds of years prior to his appearance.

There were many different messiahs/christs in the scriptures, but they ALL have a couple of things in common:  NONE of them were ever the God who anointed them as His messiah/christ.  And ALL of them were SERVANTS of their God.  

So like I told D very clearly, you guys can either BELIEVE the actual words of the scriptures, or you can stand here screaming at me, “THERE IS ONLY ONE MESSIAH!”  Only one of those two choices is the HONEST and RIGHTEOUS choice.

Keith, does Isaiah 45:1 refer to Cyrus as Jehovah's messiah?  YES or NO?

Dennison, does 1 Samuel 26:9 refer to Saul as Jehovah's messiah?  YES or NO?

Jack, does 2 Samuel 19:21 refer to David as Jehovah's messiah?  YES or NO?

Answer HONESTLY and RIGHTEOUSLY please.  :)

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1,761 through 1,780 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account