John said, whosoever denies christ came in the flesh is antichrist

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

What did the Apostle John mean by that statement. Notice he did not say they denied Jesus, but they denied “christ”.

What say you?

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

The anointing came in the flesh.

The Word was made flesh and dwelled among us.

To say that a flesh man came in the flesh is nonsense.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Even today “in the flesh” means physically present. Some Jews and early Christians believed there were three basic creations mention in Genesis 1. The first creations is the physical testified by the first use of the word “created” in Genesis 1:1. The second creation was the animal bore witness by the second use of the word “created” in Genesis 1:21. The third and last was spiritual creation testified by the third use of the word created in Genesis 1:27. That is the equivalent of body, soul, and spirit. So the body, aka flesh, symbolizes the physical. John was probably preaching against the Gnostic heresy that claimed Jesus did not have a physical body.

Your claim is correct as well since the Spirit did come in the flesh. I cannot say that despite what John might have meant God does not use his words for other messages as God is known to do that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all….. Actually it say that whosoever denies that “JESUS” CAME IN THE FLESH IS ANTICHRIST.

Question is how does that apply. Or better what way does it apply.

Could it be that denying Jesus flesh existence also deny his CHRISTOS, OR HIS ANOINTING. The Gnostics were saying Jesus was a God, and that would deny him needing to be Anointed by God, because he would have already been a God. So denying Jesus,s fleshly existence is also denying him being Anointed by God. So in that sense The one denying Jesus’ fleshly existence is denying him needing to be Anointed also, making that person an ANTICHRIST.

peace and love to you all and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Why the obsession with mere humans.

The whole scriptural picture of of the works of the Spirit.

By the gracious choice of God man gets to share in the rewards but the work is His.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The whore has taught us to focus on the human vessel and ignore the treasure within.

Her religion is of the worship of man and not God.

Come out of her.

Participant

Hi Gene:

Below are the scriptures that I find relative to antichrist:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    The word “antichrist” would mean “against Christ”, but I am understanding that anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God and denies that he has come in his ministry on earth is antichrist.
    Love in Christ,
    Marty
    terraricca
    Participant

hi Marty

if your understanding should be true then what Christ said in JN 6:41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.”

did Jesus talked about himself here or someone else ? if it is someone else why would he say “I AM” that came down ?

and again ;JN 6:51 “ I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
    JN 6:58 “This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

Jn 3:10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?
    Jn 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
    Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

I do believe every word that Jesus the Christ said in scriptures and so John refer to the antichrist those that deny that the son of God Jesus the Christ was sent down from heaven to earth to fulfilling the will of God his father ,

for ;Ps 49:7 No man can redeem the life of another
    or give to God a ransom for him—

it has to come from out side of man’s world and offspring of Adam ,this is why the gift to men from God is his son life out of perfect love (only the interest of others first )

but we all are free to chose our own view out of the same book

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

What Jesus Christ brought was the Spirit.

The Spirit that teaches and feeds the soul and gives eternal life.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Those who live according to the Spirit will live forever.

Jesus is the way to receive and live by the Spirit.

Same message taught to the woman at the well though different symbolism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Of course a man did not come from heaven.

listen to the Spirit speaking through the man.

Folks are happy to accept that demons can speak through men as is often shown in the NT

but to accept the teaching of Jesus Christ that the Spirit spoke through him seems to hard for many.

terraricca
    Participant

are you guys denying those scriptures ?

does scriptures refer to Jesus as being anyone other than the man Jesus called the christ ? and also the son of God and man ,also called in John 1;14 THE WORD”

where does it call that it is not Jesus but only his spirit ?

and where does it says that Jesus is be followed only by his spirit ?

and what is his spirit that we so should follow ?

and why are you like to separate Jesus into parts and pieces ?

was not Jesus the son of God a real person ?

did scriptures do not say that he came down from heaven ? yes ,so what is your problem ? you will have a problem if you deny that ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The unity between Jesus and the anointing is absolute.

Like the unity between Christ and the church it is a mystery.

Closer than the unity between a man and a woman-one in the sight of God.

So why would folk try to divide Jesus Christ and make him just a man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Conversely why would they try to divide Jesus Christ and make him a god, just a Spirit being?

It is true that all of the power comes from the Spirit within though.

Participant

Hi Pierre:

did Jesus talked about himself here or someone else ? if it is someone else why would he say “I AM” that came down ?

and again ;JN 6:51 “ I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”

Of course, he is talking about himself, and so,  he states that the bread that he will give for the life of the world is “his flesh”.   And so, I ask you how did his flesh come into being?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

hi Marty

his flesh is not important for now i am only concern with the fact that he says he came from heaven (we all know that he came through Mary to obtain flesh )

and if he says he came from heaven do we have to argue with him about his own words ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

” It is THE SPIRIT who gives life;the flesh profiteth nothing;the words which I have spoken to you are spirit and are life”

So what Christ had called his flesh previously in Jn 6 was the Spirit he shares with those in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Another point to consider…….if we read what JOHN SAID IN THE ORIGINA ARAMIC LANGUAGE , it does not say ANTICHRIST, it says that whosoever denies that Jesus came not in the flesh is ANTI-MESSIAH, He said that because all the Jew’s knew that the Messiah was to be a human being , they knew that then and still know that. So ovisouly a MESSIAH, must be a human being who has God’ anointing spirit on him.

As Kerwin brought out, the Gnostic’s were denieing Jesus was a flesh and blood human being, so by them denying that, they were also denying him as the MESSIAH. THEY BELIEVED he preexisted as a God and came from the pelora of the Gods, so they said he only appeared as a human being but was not a tually a human being.

Is that not also what these people who preach the preexistence of JESUS AS “WHATEVER” ARE DOING, THE ARE DENYING HIM COMMING INTO EXISTENCE AS PURELY A FLESH AND BLOOD HUMAN BEING. INSTEAD THEY BELIEVE HE WAS “MORPHED”, (CHANGED FROM ON STATE OF EXISTENCE TO ANOTHER)
    AND MAINTAIN HE WAS A GOD, WRATHER A BIG GOD OR A LITTLE god, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE, still a past existing God of somekind. They are no different then the Gnostic’s and Are also ANTI-CHRISTS OR ANTI-MESSIAHS. IMO

peace and love to you all and yours. ……………gene

Participant

Hi Pierre:

hi Marty

his flesh is not important for now i am only concern with the fact that he says he came from heaven (we all know that he came through Mary to obtain flesh )

and if he says he came from heaven do we have to argue with him about his own words ?

Of course, he came from heaven.  Please read the scriptures and you will see how he came from heaven.  His flesh was conceived in the womb of the virgin Mary, but he said that it was the Words that he spoke that gave life, and so, it was the Holy Ghost who was indwelling him that he was obeying, and the Holy Ghost is God’s Spirit.  His Spirit comes from heaven.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

hi Marty

but he said that it was the Words that he spoke that gave life, and so, it was the Holy Ghost who was indwelling him that he was obeying, and the Holy Ghost is God’s Spirit. His Spirit comes from heaven.

it is true that scriptures says that Jesus spoke the words of God and if they are followed they bring life to those that act upon it ,

but scriptures don’t say that it is in that way that Jesus came from above and down from heaven ;but if you have a scripture that says that i would like to know it ,if not then what you just meant was your opinion ;for Jesus says very specifically that he came down from heaven and that he is the only one ,;Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

what he really saying is that no one ever went to heaven except ONE ,himself that he came down this is what he said latter after he resurrected ; Jn 20:17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ”

and sins he said that he has not yet returned to his father ;what he said in John 3;13 is not talking about the words of life nor the holy spirit but plainly of himself does it ? yes

so your conclusion that it was the words that he received from his father is not true ;it was really Jesus the being that came down from heaven and went back

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 287 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account