John 3 Born Again

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

The name of God

The King James Version was the first major translation into English and was created approximately 1600 years after Yahushua the Messiah came to earth.

Most all translations in various languages have chosen to replace the name “Yahweh” with another title or name of their choice, usually “the LORD” or “GOD” in all capital letters.

It’s amazing to me that man has chosen to take Yahweh’s name out of His own book.

Gene can you see that man changed God’s Name. What is the real ready for this? Where not supposed to add or take away from the written Word, but they changed His Name because of tradition. We know what Yahweh says about the tradition of men. They really ran in to a problem, when Yahweh was used twice in the same verse, specially if it spoke of two different beings the Father and Son to come. Which I’d show you before, that you ignored, you had no comment on that.You neglected to see the truth, that God’s Name was changed, and for a very good reason for a people that believed in one God, the tradition of men, how sad. Wherever the two names stand together in the Old Testament as a compound name for God, they are rendered “Sovereign LORD.” Now we see that a more complicated problem arises. There are instances in scripture that the Hebrew reads “Adonai Yahweh” or “Lord/Master Yahweh”. If they were to put “Lord” where Yahweh exists in the original, they would have to translate the passage as “Lord the LORD”! So to avoid having the reader sound a bit silly, they translated “The Master Yahweh” it as “Sovereign LORD” to avoid confusion.
    Following an ancient tradition, how sad that we just go along with this tradition,

but the name was regarded as ineffable, too sacred to be pronounced.
    Yes, this was the doctrine that got this whole idea started. But Yahweh says:

Jere 10:25a  Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name..
    and…

Joel 2:32a  And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the YAHWEH shall be delivered..
    How can anyone call on His name if it is hidden away by superstitious doctrines?

The Masorites, therefore, wrote in the vowel signs of the alternative words adonai (‘Lord’) or elohim (‘God’) to warn readers to use one of these in its place.
    The Masorites were Jewish scribes who copied and preserved the Hebrew scriptures from scroll to scroll down through the ages. They added ‘vowel signs/pointings’ to the Hebrew text (which was primarily all consonants) so the language would be preserved. But when they came to the name of Yahweh, they inserted alternative vowel pointings so that the reader would not speak the name of Yahweh but say “adonai” (lord) instead.

So we can see that through the ages, there has been a conspiracy to hide the name of Yahweh Almighty despite what Yahweh says in His word about how we should praise, exalt, bless, love, teach, preach, anoint, assemble, believe, give thanks, honor and call on His name.  Mark 7:9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of Yahweh, that you may keep your tradition. I will end with 1Kings 18:24 (KJV) And call ye on the name of your elohim, and I will call on the name of Yahweh: and the Elohim that answereth by fire, let him be Elohim. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.

This is the prophet EliYah (Elijah) speaking these words. He said “call ye on the name of your elohim, and I will call on the name of Yahweh”. What was the name of their elohim? It is “Ha BAAL.” What is amazing here is that “Ha Baal” means “The Lord” in Hebrew!

Here is is Brown’s Driver/Briggs Lexicon on this Hebrew name of “Baal”.

01168 Ba`al {bah’-al}

the same as 01167; TWOT – 262a

AV – Baal 62, Baalim 18; 80

Baal = “lord”
    n pr m
    1) supreme male divinity of the Phoenicians or Canaanites
    2) a Reubenite
    3) the son of Jehiel and grandfather of Saul
    n pr loc
    4) a town of Simeon, probably identical to Baalath-beer
    Now I realize that the term “Baal” is one of two possible Hebrew words for “Lord/Master” but I find it rather ironic that an eerily similar practice was going on in ancient Israel. Yahweh even said:

Jer. 23:26-27 –  “How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart,
    27 “who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.
    Now, I’m not saying that those who call Yahweh “Lord” are calling Him “Baal.” But what I am saying is that we have a very similar practice going on in ancient Israel and I don’t think He would want me to forget His name for “the LORD” anymore than He wanted ancient Israel to forget His name for “Baal/Lord.”

So Yahweh said:

Hosea 2:17 –  For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baalim, And they shall be remembered by their name no more. Gene it is very clear that there is two Yahweh’s in the  scriptures. But you don’t want to talk about this.

Yahweh bless

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Gene

Is it wrong to realize that God has a personal Name, and that in places there  are two Yahweh’s that speaks of the Father and The Son to come . Yes or No. Because that’s what Scripture is saying, without the change of His personal Name.

God bless 🙏

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Anthony,  there are no two Yahweh’s there is “only” one.  You have been tricked into believing there is more then “one” God,  You will never even begin to see the truth if you believe that. Why not just start believing what Jesus himself said and start afresh,   go slow,  here is a start for you, now ask yourself if you truly believe this ok.,

“that they might know “YOU” the “ONLY” true GOD” , now think about that don’t go off on some tangentm trying to force that to mean something else, just believe what Jesus said,  remember the you there does not mean the one talking “Jesus”  and also the word “only” means no one else is.  just stay there for x a few days and really think about it brother.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene,

I see you are still at it. You still don’t know truth.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC,

ME: clearly Jesus was speaking in verse 51 of the second death; otherwise you make Jesus into a liar.

YOU: NO, You make yourself a liar. The second death clearly brings life, not death.

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

to expound on John 8:51:

“Never see death means from now”, from the resurrection of Christ. Salvation is from the time of Pentecost, from the time when the righteous are baptized into the death and resurrection of Christ. This is a mild form of the second death, for we die with Christ and are resurrected into life with him. If we keep the saying and commandments of God until our physical deaths, we will never taste death.

ME: We are in somewhat of agreement on what the second death is, it is said it is the death of death, because sin no longer exists and therefor death and the grave are dead. We agree that those cast into the lake of fire are being refined, tried as silver and gold, they are being humbled, brought to their knees in repentance, feeling shame, being brought to light and faith.

What we do not agree on is what occurred at Pentecost, and we have been over this before. I have given you clear passages that show that people do not receive their promised reward, the one that Paul had hope for, a body being redeemed to be incorruptible, until Christ returns. Until Christ returns people are asleep, they sleep the sleep of death. “How are the DEAD RAISED, with what body do they come?” There is DEATH and there is the resurrection to have LIFE again. 

At Pentecost people received the Spirit of God to be ministers of the Gospel of God, to bring people into faith, some were made prophets, some healers, some apostles. 

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and THEN he shall REWARD every man according to his works.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Edj

You said :There’s a problem with what you say, because
    it is the “Hebrew site” that has God’s Name “YHVH”.
    How do you account for the discrepancy in what you say?

Me: yes Edj it seems that every site and writing has something different to say about the name. YHVH seems to be a earlier writing of the name God in Hebrew. YHWH is a later writing that came about with Moses:

No Anthony,

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC,

YOU: In order for the Messiah to have had fullness of truth in him, he had to have the fullness of the spirit of God in him. The Messiah had the fullness of divinity in him from conception.

ME: This is proven as absolutely FALSE according to direct scripture, Jesus was not in the form of God not having been anointed with the Holy Ghost and with POWER until AFTER the baptism which John preached. Seriously TC stop preaching absolute LIES. 

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

TC we are promised that very same divinity,

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Romans 8:6 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. 

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Coloss 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell;

DID you catch all that TC?

God makes all things new and it begins with the firstborn of the dead of many brethren, and we are promised to inherit ALL things, as we ARE JOINT heirs with Christ (the anointed who received the Spirit without measure, a calling to righteousness, being FULLY led by God’s Spirit, and thus being born of the Spirit, being born of God as a son of God) being an heir of God. We inherit that measure of the Spirit that makes us incapable of sin, and thus incorruptible, for one must be born again to see God’s eternal kingdom.

God DECLARED this END FROM the beginning. God would be all in all and it began with the man Jesus. God’s Gospel, His word that was preached by prophets, by Jesus, by apostles, had been WITH God before the world was, God had made all things through this END, He made it FOR this end that begins with the firstborn of the dead OF MANY BRETHRENGod made all things by HIS HANDS according to scripture so that He could give dominion of it over to a MAN, a MAN He was mindful of and visited, A MAN who He anointed and SENT to save that which was lost.

So many on here do not believe in the TRUE JESUS, they cannot proclaim that Jesus is in fact the firstborn of the dead of MANY BRETHREN. They will not call Jesus their BROTHER. Jesus is MY BROTHER and he by God’s appointing is my king, as God is working with him, the Son of Man (son of David) to PREPARE a PLACE for me, God’s kingdom, which the center is in Jerusalem where the son of David will sit on his father’s throne. 

Luke 1:2 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

1 Cor 15:35 (NKJV) But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” 36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain (seed)—perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.

Me: Read the context please. There are two different seeds in 1 Cor 15:35-38. One of the human spirit and one of the holy spirit.

1 Tim 4:1 (NKJV) I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word!

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

John 5: 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Me: The judgment that will occur when Christ returns is NOT OF HIS SAINTS  in this generation but those that are not his yet after he returns. For John 5:25 is of the resurrection of the dead saints in the OT and those alive in the NT that have risen with him into a new life. If those alive in Christ die in good stead, they are of the kingdom of God NOW. That is the WHOLE MEANING OF PENTECOST—the baptism of the holy spirit. You seem incapable of grasping this profound truth

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Now let’s look at the scripture that “seems” to contradict. I have reconciled the top verses in the last post with the one that will follow where they do not contradict. Now Jodi, you have to do the same thing and explain how the next post verses do not contradict the verses in the previous post. You have to reconcile all verses.  Please do this.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

2 Cor 5:8 (NKJV) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Me: We become saved spirits (mind of the spirit)  first.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, NOW are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear (me: 531: also definition is made visible), we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
    Phaneroó (531): to MAKE VISIBLE, make clear
    Original Word: φανερόω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: phaneroó
    Phonetic Spelling: (fan-er-o’-o)
    Definition: to make visible, make clear
    Usage: I make clear (visible, manifest), make known.

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an HOUSE NOT MADE WITH HANDS (not of the procreation process) eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our HOUSE WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.

Me: Our house in heaven is not the same house that is dissolved here on earth. The kingdom of God is NOW—each person made in his own order or at his death. We receive our house in heaven at the his appearance, The first resurrection is from Pentecost until Christ’s return.

2 Cor 5:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, NOW IS THE (me: TIME OF SALVATION.)

1 Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

Me: “Christ” the “firstfruits” is not Christ the “first fruit”. Firstfruits is plural. Christ is the first born of the dead and all his saints follow until his return.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Your last posts is just a bunch of gibberish and has nothing to do with the theme of what we are talking about. I though I was finish with all this. I have answered all your questions already and care not to continue with this.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..How can you think , your through when we do not agree with you conclusions, no,  your not “through”, because you put your  own spin on our scriptures. We are not bound to accept your conclusions, in fact, we are not bound by “anything” you say here, everything is up for now, or future descussions.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

I really don’t care one iota what you think.  That is the least of my concerns.  I am not  going through another thousand pages of your foolishness  with you–I have better things to do.    There is nothing new under the sun.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Edj

I watched the video, I’ve seen that one before, what there saying is that the word Yahweh came from Egypt,and that it should be Yahvah, that He found out from his Samaritan scholar.

If Yahweh did come from Egypt, which I have no reason to doubt. So if that’s how the Name came in to our biblical manuscript and translation’s then so be it. The name El came from Abraham home country, Ur of the Chaldees, so be it. As far as this video and He finding out new information from his Samaritan scholar, great, there many scholar that have a different opinion, then his Samaritan scholar, it really does sound good his new discovery, Yahvah.

Spelling may be wrong, just going on how I heard it on the video.

Most Jewish and Christian scholar say it’s Yahweh, Not All. But either way the  Name of God, Yahvah or Yahweh was changed. We no longer call Him by His personal Name. They came up with the doctrine that I call, ineffable, too sacred to be pronounced. It seems a whole lot of people come up with doctrines, even us. Which sometimes change the simplicity of the Word of God. My name is Anthony not Human.  I have a personal Name and so does God, Yahvah or Yahweh. But we call Him by the men that changed His personal name, God, Lord, Elohim,El, ect. ect. There’s many they changed it too.

The Masorites, therefore, wrote in the vowel signs of the alternative words adonai (‘Lord’) or elohim (‘God’) to warn readers to use one of these in its place.
    The Masorites were Jewish scribes who copied and preserved the Hebrew scriptures from scroll to scroll down through the ages. They added ‘vowel signs/pointings’ to the Hebrew text (which was primarily all consonants) so the language would be preserved. But when they came to the name of Yahweh or it could of been Yahvah, they inserted alternative vowel pointings so that the reader would not speak the name of Yahweh or Yahvah but say “adonai” (lord) instead.

So we can see that through the ages, there has been a conspiracy to hide the name of Yahweh Almighty despite what Yahweh says or Yahvah Almighty in His word about how we should praise, exalt, bless, love, teach, preach, anoint, assemble, believe, give thanks, honor and call on His name.

Where the divine name occurs in the Hebrew text, this has been signaled in The Revised English Bible by using capital letters for ‘LORD’ or ‘GOD’, a widely accepted practice.

Who are they to decide what is appropriate for our faith? I thought it was their job is to translate, not decide what we are to believe!

To me, this statement is a sad commentary of how far some have gone from the scriptures. Not only do they say why they have chosen to replace Yahweh’s or Yahvah’s name with a title of their choosing but they also state that ‘use of any proper name…is entirely inappropriate!’

Amazing! Who invented the idea of having a name of our Creator? Is it not Yahweh or Yahvah Himself??

Is Yahweh or Yahvah also ‘entirely inappropriate’ for placing His name there in scripture over some 7000 times? Are they saying indeed that the one whom they claim to worship is ‘entirely inappropriate’ for placing His name there?

Furthermore, they say it is ‘entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.’ But to me this begs the question, “Why have a different substitution for the name “Yahweh” or “Yahvah” in each language? Would it not be more ‘universal’ to use ONE NAME?” Yahweh or Yahvah  has said.

Mala 1:11a (NKJV) For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My name shall be great among the Gentiles..

God bless or Yahvah or Yahweh bless 🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC,

You bring up a passage that you want to tell me contradicts the passages I gave? If the passages I gave contradicts your passage you are interpreting that passage all wrong.

First read this passage from Paul,

1 Corinthians 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

The people are DEAD they are brought back to LIFE and what body do they come with when they are brought back to having LIFE? A BODY incorruptible.

Now let’s look at the CONTEXT of the passage you gave and read the surrounding text, as you are being a deceiver by pulling it out of context and then giving it meaning against the context.

2 Cor 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Paul desires to receive his immortal body, as when he is clothed with this body he will not be naked, he will not feel shame, no longer finding himself mortifying the deeds of his body. He doesn’t go from that to tell us at some point though we will not have a body and at that time we will be present from the lord.

5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

When you are at HOME in your body you are absent from the Lord, this is speaking of when you sin, the bad things that you do in your body means that you are right at home in your body and God is absent from you.

You think TC when you sin in your body your are present with God at that time? No, you are right at home allowing your weak body to tempt you, and God at that point is far from you, no where present.

Paul says that he is CONFIDENT RATHER to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord, as when you do good that is God’s Spirit working in you being present in you, He is with you. Recall Paul’s words in Romans 7 when he called himself a wretched man.  Paul’s message is that whether we are present or absent, doing good or bad, all things we have done will go before Christ in the judgment. Paul teaches if we mortify the deeds of the flesh we shall live, that we will be accepted by Jesus when we see him at the judgment, and if accepted we receive the crown of LIFE with a body that is incorruptible. 

TC the surrounding context is talking about doing good and doing bad and having to answer at the judgment. It is not talking about Paul hoping for the day he wouldn’t have a body because that meant he would be present with God. Paul just told you prior his hope was to be clothed with a body where he would never feel shame.

What did Paul say elsewhere, Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC,

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. 12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? 13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. 14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make* thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off*, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

This chapter speaking of Pentecost says absolutely NOTHING about that which you claim, NOTHING, it even tells you directly that David is still DEAD, and that he died with his flesh living in hope.

The Holy Spirit came at Pentecost so that men and woman could prophecy, perform signs and miracles, to lead people to the truth that they might repent and be saved to a resurrection of life. 

These believers would be persecuted, many unto death.

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed. 12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

This speaks against you TC, people are still asleep (dead) and if Christ be not raised from the dead they are considered as perished, not saved to a resurrection of life.

The DEAD are all raised brought back to LIFE at the last trumpet, it could not be more clear. Changed given a body that was corruptible to an incorruptible body.

You speak a lie to tell us that we are changed from having a body that is corruptible to then having no body at all to then being given an incorruptible body.

RAISED from the dead changed, not being alive existing without a body and descending from heaven to receive a body. 

Jodi
    Participant

TC,

You have not reconciled a single thing at all.

You didn’t speak of the scriptures I gave and how they fit with your doctrine, you flat out ignore them. You response is to say I am speaking of gibberish instead of address the scriptures I gave.

You have not reconciled this,

YOU: In order for the Messiah to have had fullness of truth in him, he had to have the fullness of the spirit of God in him. The Messiah had the fullness of divinity in him from conception.

ME: This is proven as absolutely FALSE according to direct scripture, Jesus was not in the fullness of the divinity of God until he was anointed with the Holy Ghost and with POWER of which occurred AFTER the baptism which John preached. 

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

TC how can you NOT see that this is an issue with your doctrine, if at his conception he was born in the fullness the divinity of God, then why did he later need to be made CHRIO ANOINTED WITH the Holy Ghost and POWER??????

I hope you can answer this question.

Truthcomber
    Participant

NO!!!!

We went over this before.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi TC, I have missed it, where is it? you could at least send me to the page.

I don’t think I have ever seen you site Acts 10 and talk directly about it.

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

Jesus was resurrected with a body, and he as the Son of man in that body when he went to sit at God’s right hand. Scripture tells us that the SAME Jesus that ascended into heaven is the same Jesus that will descend from heaven.

We know this,

We are resurrected raised to life once more receiving a BODY that is raised incorruptible with power and glory, we will live in God’s kingdom. For Paul to mean that in order to be present with the Lord that means you need to be absent from the body is absolute garbage.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

If you are IN the flesh your home is your body, if you are in the Spirit your home is with God for He is PRESENT DWELLING IN YOU.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 520 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account