John 3 Born Again

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi All,

One last comment for now.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Me: When God, through his Word, had begotten the male genes into the womb of Mary to produce the Messiah, he did so to produce a son specific to himselfa form or an image that would be the specific image of himself. Add the WORD (John 1:14), the expressed image of his mind and character became the spirit mind of the Messiah. Also add to this the spiritual seed of David of a human heart and soul, and you have the expressed image of God in mind, spirit, heart, soul and body.

Acts 4:16 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 17 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am YHWH thy God from the land of Egypt (me: represents sin), and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Me: This was the Word of God speaking.

Jodi
    Participant

TC,

I don’t theorize I have direct scripture that I believe and you refuse. “Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;”

Once again NO THEORY, DIRECT SCRIPTURE,

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits OF them that slept.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is RAISED in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is RAISED in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is RAISED in power.

Romans 8:11:If the Spirit of him who RAISED Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who RAISED Christ Jesus FROM the DEAD will also GIVE LIFE to YOUR MORTAL BODIES through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Our mortal bodies are GIVEN LIFE, our HUMAN BODY is made incorruptible.

TC, we are to be raised from the dead receiving that which Jesus received WHEN he was raised from the dead. You preach a flat-out LIE, that people are resurrected not as he was resurrected, that people are resurrected to a body that he received AFTER his resurrection. You believe in A GARBAGE THEORY, as you speak against the DIRECT WORD OF GOD.

1 Thes 4: For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

Romans 10: Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God RAISED him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: THAT Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was RAISED on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

The GOSPEL does not mention Jesus changing after he ascends to heaven, that is YOUR THEORY TC, the GOSPEL is to believe Jesus ROSE from the DEAD IN GLORY, IN POWER, INCORRUPTIBLE.

TC, our faith is believing in that Jesus ROSE from the DEAD, our hope is to be raised up as he was raised up to LIFE from the dead, given a body the same as what he was raised with.

TC, Jesus’s FLESH was not allowed to SEE DECAY, his mortal body that died was GIVEN LIFE again made incorruptible, WHY Paul says that God “will also GIVE LIFE to YOUR MORTAL BODIES”. 

People saw him, you think by seeing him they knew what it was like to be immortal? That they knew what it was like to be of glory and power, where you no longer have weak flesh able to be tempted?

The glory that shall be revealed IN us”, you think glory is according to appearance TC?

We will be like him, you think the people who SAW him thus knew what it was like to be him? We do not know what the glory that is to be revealed IN us is like. What we do know is that Jesus was raised IN glory and we likewise are to be raised in glory, and when he returns we are going to EAT and DRINK with him on earth.

BELIEVE in God’s WORD TC,

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall ALL FLESH come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 37: 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. 4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. 11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD. 15 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

According to the FLESH TC, God raised men up, with FLESH and BONE to dwell on the earth, they shall eat and drink.

Isaiah 2:Now it will come about that In the last days The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it. And many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways And that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go forth from Zion And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war.

Micah 4 gives the same prophecy!

Jeremiah 3:”At that time they will call Jerusalem ‘The Throne of the LORD,’ and all the nations will be gathered to it, to Jerusalem, for the name of the LORD; nor will they walk anymore after the stubbornness of their evil heart.

Isaiah 65:So that anyone who seeks a blessing for himself in the earth
    Will be blessed by the God of truth,
    And anyone who swears an oath in the earth
    Will swear by the God of truth.
    For the former distresses will be forgotten;
    They will be concealed from my eyes.
    17 For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
    And the former things will not be called to mind,
    Nor will they come up into the heart.
    18 So exult and be joyful forever in what I am creating.
    For look! I am creating Jerusalem a cause for joy
    And her people a cause for exultation.
    19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people;
    No more will there be heard in her the sound of weeping or a cry of distress.”
    20 “No more will there be an infant from that place who lives but a few days,
    Nor an old man who fails to live out his days.
    For anyone who dies at a hundred will be considered a mere boy,
    And the sinner will be cursed, even though he is a hundred years of age.
    21 They will build houses and live in them,
    And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.
    22 They will not build for someone else to inhabit,
    Nor will they plant for others to eat.
    For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree,
    And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.
    23 They will not toil for nothing,
    Nor will they bear children for distress,
    Because they are the offspring made up of those blessed by Jehovah,
    And their descendants with them.
    24 Even before they call out, I will answer;
    While they are yet speaking, I will hear.
    25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
    The lion will eat straw just like the bull,
    And the serpent’s food will be dust.
    They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,” says Jehovah.

TC God CREATED MAN (ADAM) in His own image, He has power over the clay to bring it to honor, to bring it to walk in all His ways. Humans are an amazing creation of God, His will is to perfect HUMANS, bring our minds into faith and righteousness and give the HUMAN body eternal life.

God’s will is to have HUMANS live on earth FREE from FEAR, FREE from pain, suffering, and death. To live life as a human walking in His ways, enjoying the amazing beauty of His creation, learning and exploring it, getting joy from it, by seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting, and touching it.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men (anthropos/HUMANS), and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The tabernacle of God is WITH HUMANS TC, not with some other TYPE of living creature you say we change into.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men (HUMANS) to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men (HUMANS), the man (HUMAN) Christ Jesus;

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man (HUMAN) is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

The image of the heavenly is that of a HUMAN, a Son of a HUMAN who sits at God’s right hand. A human who had DIED but was made alive again, thus had his spirit quickened (to produce alive) IN a HUMAN BODY that was not allowed to see decay. He is to sit on David’s throne ACCORDING to the FLESH TC. 

The earthly is a human who follows and relies on himself. He is an adversary for he follows the mind of  men (humans), and not God. 

The heavenly is the HUMAN spirit who follows not his own human will, but instead has absolute faith in God and fully follows God’s will. 

The Spirit is a witness to our spirit that we are children of God, joint heirs with Christ. If your spirit has faith in God, if your spirit desires to follow all His ways, God will redeem your body from corruptible to incorruptible.

Jesus’s flesh was not allowed to see decay because it went to the cross, condemning sin in the flesh, he went to the cross following God’s will and not his own. He was able to do so because God’s Spirit rested upon him, it was a calling to righteousness, where God directs/ influences, all his ways so that he would not fail. We are heirs of this same calling, where God will direct all our ways and redeem our bodies so that they are incorruptible.   

We have discussed this before, and YOU WANT to change the definition, you want to CHANGE the WORD of God.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption OF OUR body.

Redemption of OUR BODY, our BODY is delivered from being slaves to sin, that BODY will no longer be a slave to sin, that body has been set free from fear and death, that body has been made incorruptible, that body has been liberated.

a releasing effected by payment of ransom
    redemption, deliverance
    liberation procured by the payment of a ransom

Jesus paid the penalty of our sins, so that we could have our bodies LIBERATED from the bondage of fear and death.

Our hope is not in being changed into a different TYPE of living creature, our hope is for OUR MORTAL BODY to be swallowed up into life. 

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Prov 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Me: I agree.

Prov 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Me: This I had done thoroughly.

1 Cor 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die (me perish): 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat (me: metaphorically a body), or of some other grain:

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Once Again:

Romans 8:11 (NASB) But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

1 Cor 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? 36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 37 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

These two scriptures always go together. What life does God give to your perished body in Rom 8:11? It is the life of a new shoot from the seed or form (image) of the old body (VS 37). You receive this body reserved in heaven for you.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption (me: FROM) our body.

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me FROM the body of this death?

Me: These two always go together. But in fact, “body” is singular and not plural Roman 8:23. So ‘body” could very well mean the whole church as a spiritual body. In this case, it would be “redemption OF the body.   Or it could mean both.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Me: Then you quote Ezk 37 to justify your flesh and bone head theory. I went overt this with your twin Gene. Ezk 37 has nothing to do with the resurrection of the saints’ bodies when Christ comes back. It is the worldly resurrection of the whole nation of Israel (VS 11), not of the saints. I guess “old bones” and “flesh” on them got you gleeful.

But these key phrases should give you more than a hint that is deals with the physical nation of Israel resurrected from the dead.

Ezk 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our HOPE IS LOST: we are cut off for our parts.

Me: Are these those who died in FAITH awaiting the promise? Of course not.

Ezk 37:11 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and YE SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD.

Me: Wouldn’t they have known that God is YHWH before they died if they were the saints?

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: “The glory that shall be revealed IN us”, you think glory is according to appearance TC?

Me: The glory will be reveal IN us and our bodies will reflect this.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF.

Matt 13:23 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Rom 8:23….and not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit the “redemption” of “our ” body.  

Tell us TC, do you see there the redemption of a different body. I don’t, I see the “redemption” of “our” (this existing ) body.  

TC, PAUL says , “it” is sown in weakness,  tell us what is the “it” mentioned there, is it not the body we presently have, then Paul says “it” is raised in power and Glory.  Tell us where did the “it” ever change to a “different” “it’. 

This is like you saying JESUS’ BODY CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT BODY AFTER HE WENT INTO HEAVEN,  there is not a single scripture says that, no scripture say Jesus doesn’t have the exact same body he c was raised with, forcing our text to try to make it say, what in fact is not said in scripture is source of false teachings, Bad form TC.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You: Tell us TC, do you see there the redemption of a different body. I don’t, I see the “redemption” of “our” (this existing ) body.

Me: NO Gene, I explain this thoroughly.  We receive redemption FROM our body of sin not redemption OF our body of sin.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me FROM the body of this death?
    25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You: PAUL says , “it” is sown in weakness, tell us what is the “it” mentioned there, is it not the body we presently have, then Paul says “it” is raised in power and Glory. Tell us where did the “it” ever change to a “different” “it’.

Me: “It” is our image of God.

1 Cor 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of WHEAT (me: new body), or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

Matt 13:24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed GOOD SEED  in his field:..29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the WHEAT with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the WHEAT into my barn.

Me: We receive the body of the seed of the holy spirit, not the body of the seed of the flesh.

Genesis 1:23 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:..

Me:IT” IN 1CORINTHIANS 15:36 IS THE IMAGE OF GOD. A MAN is someone who is created in the visible and invisible image of God. This is mainly of the heart and soul and outwardly to become the fashion of God. This need not and is not the spiritual and outward appearance like man presently has, but which man is to become—like the Messiah.

Eccl 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Me: We are like the beast of the earth and die like them without the baptism of the holy spirit.

Verse 21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast (those without Christ) that goeth downward to the earth?

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Me: All those that die in good stead after being baptized in the holy spirit will resurrect spiritually into heaven at their deaths. The body comes later.

Truthcomber
    Participant

2 Cor 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene:

You: This is like you saying JESUS’ BODY CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT BODY AFTER HE WENT INTO HEAVEN, there is not a single scripture says that, no scripture say Jesus doesn’t have the exact same body he c was raised with, forcing our text to try to make it say, what in fact is not said in scripture is source of false teachings, Bad form TC.

Me: His body did change.  We receive new bodies in heaven liken unto his.  I have explained this.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Me: If you get your mind out of the gutter, you will see a much greater destiny for man.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC….I do see a much better desteny for mankind, The exact same desteny that Jesus now has.  Where you are wrong is you are using an allagory a symbolic pasage to describe our bodies and future existence and trying  to make it a literial thing. NO WE WILL NOT SHINE LIKE A REAL STAR DOES, no Jesus does not shine like the bright  morning star does, those  are call allogries, and symbolic expression.   

When Peter said “until the day star rises in you heart”, he is using allogries for the comming into the truth, it has nothing to do with a actual star of anykind or Changi g from a physical body to a “sprit being” of anykind.

The O L change that takes place is our exact same physical resurected bodies, will be impowered by the holy spirit and not able to die.  No scripture says we c are to become a spirit being, without a physical  resurected “body”. In fact if Adam was allowed to eat of the tree of Life he still would be alive to this very day, just like he was, according to God.  But hen you people have different belifs.  I will be simply happy to have my present Body give eternal life, exact like Jesus has. SCRIPTURE tell us Jesus never sinned, and his body therefore never was allowed to see corruption, he still has the same body he was born with,  had Adam not sinned he also would still have the very same body he was born with to.

There was and is nothing,   wrong with the bodies God the Father has given us, they are wonderfully made, and God said they are very Good.  But you and other people say they are evil, I say the spirits we aquired from this world is what defiles us.  But thanks be to God we can be cleansed of our sin natures, by the power of God.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

You: I do see a much better desteny for mankind, The exact same desteny that Jesus now has. Where you are wrong is you are using an allagory a symbolic pasage to describe our bodies and future existence and trying to make it a literial thing. NO WE WILL NOT SHINE LIKE A REAL STAR DOES, no Jesus does not shine like the bright morning star does, those are call allogries, and symbolic expression.

Me: Gene, you do not seem to see much of anything spiritual.

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, 2 And was TRANSFIGURED before them: and HIS FACE DID SHINE LIKE THE SUN and his raiment was white as the light. 3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. 4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were SORE AFRAID9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the VISION to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Me: This is a VISION of how the Messiah, Moses, and Elias would look like with their NEW BODIES. Please give me your allegory explanation of this.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene, .

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Me: Tell me what this is an allegory of?

Matt 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star

Me: What above the three above? You must know, you made a blanket statement. Please explain. Hint: God’s word is true literally and spiritually.  His word is truth.

Angels appear awesome. We will be more awesome than they.

Rev 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

What Do Angels Look Like? A Biblical Analysis

Me: Is not Christ awesome in appearance? Are we to become awesome also, higher than the angels? Are we not coinheritors with Christ?

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

You: When Peter said “until the day star rises in you heart”, he is using allogries for the comming into the truth, it has nothing to do with a actual star of anykind or Changi g from a physical body to a “sprit being” of anykind.

Me: Gene, I was using an analogy. I said Christ is the new Sabbath. You turn around and say I meant the star is rising in our heart as literal. You are an imbecile.
    The star rising in our heart represents Christ rising in our hearts when we are baptized in the holy spirit.  We die and rise with him.  I believe the sabbath starts at sunrise and not sunset.  This was changed from the latter when the apostate Jews came out of Babylon with their religious moon rites–antother topic.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Me: It represents Christ rising in our hearts when we repent of our sins and rise with him clean. It represents Christ mortifying the wickedness in our flesh continuously, for he is a continual sacrifice (Heb 10:10).

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Gene,

You: The O L change that takes place is our exact same physical resurected bodies, will be impowered by the holy spirit and not able to die. No scripture says we c are to become a spirit being, without a physical resurected “body”. In fact if Adam was allowed to eat of the tree of Life he still would be alive to this very day, just like he was, according to God. But hen you people have different belifs. I will be simply happy to have my present Body give eternal life, exact like Jesus has. SCRIPTURE tell us Jesus never sinned, and his body therefore never was allowed to see corruption, he still has the same body he was born with, had Adam not sinned he also would still have the very same body he was born with to.
    There was and is nothing, wrong with the bodies God the Father has given us, they are wonderfully made, and God said they are very Good. But you and other people say they are evil, I say the spirits we aquired from this world is what defiles us. But thanks be to God we can be cleansed of our sin natures, by the power of God.

Me: So we are to sit on the throne of God in our flesh? Be real.

s

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…….Yes we are ,  what does this mean to you,  “the meek shall inherit the earth”?  Jesus told us the kingdom of God comes without observation, “it is within you”. THAT DOES NOT TAKE AWAY OUR PHYSICAL BODIES,   Jesus and the Saint’s will REGIN on this earth,  and they will have physical bodies.  GOD HAS NOT TRASHED HIS PHYSICAL CREATION,  BUT IS DELIVERING  IT FROM THE BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION.   There is a resurection of the dead, and the only thing that dies is our physical bodies,  Just as it says.  We are looking forward to the resurection that will witness the “redemption of our “body”.  Tell us TC, do you just throw those scriptures out of your bible text, to force your own conclusions as other do here. Bad form TC.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

Jodi
    Participant

HI TC,

YOU:Me: NO Gene, I explain this thoroughly. We receive redemption FROM our body of sin not redemption OF our body of sin.

ME: You are confused, we indeed do receive redemption FROM our body of sin absolutely, we are not saying such is not true. This redemption FROM our body OF SIN, is for that BODY, for “IT” to be changed FROM WEAKNESS “to” POWER, for “IT” to go FROM dishonor “to” honor, for “it” THE BODY to go from corruptible to incorruptible. THAT CHANGE of “it” makes it no longer a body of sin TC.

“the redemption OF OUR BODY

WHY do we sin TC? Is it not because our flesh IS WEAK and tries to control our mind? By our very NATURE do we not have flesh that we must serve in order to live? YES, we do!! Did God not give commandments to teach us how to serve our weak flesh righteously? Yes He did! What do we learn from Jesus The Anointed? That through God’s anointing Spirit, in order to walk righteously, we can do nothing of ourselves, “”Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God”.

God made our flesh weak for a purpose, to make His power known, His strength, His righteousness, so that we would desire Him and that which He can give.

TC, God can change the very NATURE of our flesh from being weak to being of power. He is likewise going to change the nature of animals. They will no longer be brute beasts, territorial, aggressive, dominating, they too will be free from natural instincts of fight, flight or freeze. All the earth will be filled with the knowledge of God, functioning on His intended design of peace and harmony.

TC when the lion eats grass, no longer establishes a territory and lives by fighting to keep that territory, does God have to change the lions flesh? NO!

The same is true for our human flesh as well as all types of living souls on earth.  Living creatures will no longer be wild beasts.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.

All FLESH on earth is changed, the NATURE of living souls on earth goes from survival, fear and chaos, to peace and harmony. 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC…..Jodi has layed it out clearly,  I do agree with what she has said, but she never got that from me, nor have I gotten it from her, it is the spirit of truth that is “in” us guiding both her mind, and my mind. We simply are bearing witness to you all here, not just you TC.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jody,

You:: You are confused, we indeed do receive redemption FROM our body of sin absolutely, we are not saying such is not true. This redemption FROM our body OF SIN, is for that BODY, for “IT” to be changed FROM WEAKNESS “to” POWER, for “IT” to go FROM dishonor “to” honor, for “it” THE BODY to go from corruptible to incorruptible. THAT CHANGE of “it” makes it no longer a body of sin TC.

Me:
    1 Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; NEITHER THOU CORRUPTION INHERIT INCORUPTION.

“It” is NOT our corruptible bodies.

Truthcomber
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Jodi, redemption FROM our body means the Messiah is going to FREE US FROM it. We will no longer have a body of sin because we will have a new body.

https://biblehub.com/greek/1746.htm
    1 Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on (1746: endued) incorruption, and this mortal must put on (1746: endued) immortality.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/redeem-redemption.html
    Definition of redemption:
    Quote: “Finding its context in the social, legal, and religious customs of the ancient world, the metaphor of redemption includes the ideas of loosing from a bond, setting free from captivity or slavery, buying back something lost or sold, EXCHANGING something in one’s possession for something possessed by another, and ransoming.”

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Me: What liberty is Christ speaking of? It is the liberty of being delivered from our present bodies.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

1 Cor 15:45 (NASB) So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving SPIRIT.

Me: The first Adam was made a living soul. He is the progenitor of physical man. The last Adam is primarily the progenitor of man as spirits.

2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Me: We are freed from our body of sin and death, Christ’s life and BODY being a ransom for our lives—gave his life AND BODY for ours. So, did Christ forfeit his human body for one reserved in heaven for him? Yes, he was glorified in spirit and in his soul at first. He forfeited his human body when in the presence of his father. Christ had become a spirit first. The Word was a spirit first that could express himself as theophanies and Christophanies
    https://www.gotquestions.org/theophany-Christophany.html

The Word went back as spirit like before he appeared in the flesh. Now he had the mind, heart and soul of the seed of David in him. He can still express himself as a Christophany if he wanted to.

2 Cor 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Me: We become spirits first, like the Messiah.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 520 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account