John 18:5-6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    DavidL
    Participant

..so how do you explain when Jesus said, “before Abraham was born, I AM.”…?

Can’t seem to find your old teaching on this – have you taken it down..?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

Jesus said he was going to my God and to your God.Jn20

Was he going to a trinity??

DavidL
    Participant

The head of the woman is man,  just as God is head of Christ – THEY ARE ONE.

But, if your are not born of the Spirit…how can you understand…?

bodhitharta
    Participant

HI DavidL

You have a big problem here, you said:

Jesus Himself existed as God before Abraham was born… “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” (v 56)

If you say that this means Jesus existed before Abraham and that makes him God, what to say about the fact that Jesus is saying Abraham saw the day of Jesus? It doesn’t say Abraham saw Jesus in a vision long ago it says Abraham rejoiced seeing the day of Jesus so does that mean Abraham is God or immortal in that he rejoiced after the day of Jesus?

DavidL
    Participant

Abraham saw in the Spirit the coming of the Messiah…how did Jesus know this..?

bodhitharta
    Participant

DavidL

In that argument with the Jews the context was about Status not about birth order if you read the context you will understand, this is why God says things like:

Jeremiah 31:9
    With weeping they shall come, and with pleas for mercy I will lead them back, I will make them walk by brooks of water, in a straight path in which they shall not stumble, for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Question DavidL: How can Ephraim be God’s firstborn son when you claim that Jesus is his only son or at least his first born? Why would God say such a thing? Ephraim is the Firstborn of God is that true?

bodhitharta
    Participant

DavidL

The more you look into it you will start to understand look even deeper:

Genesis 22:1-3English Standard Version (ESV)

The Sacrifice of Isaac

22 After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 2 He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” 3 So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and his son Isaac. And he cut the wood for the burnt offering and arose and went to the place of which God had told him.

Now you are aware that Isaac was not literally Abraham’s only son, right? Ishmael was born before him, but you see the one who came after Ishmael was preferred before Ishmael before Ishmael, Isaac was. So Ishmael could say before Isaac, I am

The context is about Status, the entire context of God calling anyone son is one of Status not progeny

NickHassan
    Participant

hi davidl,

If it is not written how can we be expected to understand?

DavidL
    Participant

In that argument with the Jews the context was about Status not about birth order

The issue is – who is Jesus…?!?

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.”

Abraham saw in the Spirit the coming of the Messiah…BUT HOW DID JESUS KNOW THIS..???

Before Abraham was even born – I AM..!!!

He was with God – He WAS God.!!!

(Scripture confirming Scripture)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Are you still at the level of the pharisees who did not recognise the words of the Spirit spoken through the man?

And yet you claim to be reborn of the Spirit.

Something is amiss.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl ,

You quote scripture saying the Word was God and

yet you teach he IS GOD.

Ummmm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

The Word was God.

But you say Jesus is God??

Ed J
    Participant

Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations…”

David L,

See in the verse you quoted where it says “The LORD”?
    in the Hebrew manuscripts it says יהוה and it’s translated
    into English as JEHOVAH – so God did tell Moses his name.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jehovah is manufactured by adding letters to YHVH.

Ed J
    Participant

יד וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה; וַיֹּאמֶר, כֹּה תֹאמַר לִבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶהְיֶה, שְׁלָחַנִי אֲלֵיכֶם. 14 And God said unto Moses: ‘I AM THAT I AM’; and He said: ‘Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.’
    טו וַיֹּאמֶר עוֹד אֱלֹהִים אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, כֹּה-תֹאמַר אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵי אֲבֹתֵיכֶם אֱלֹהֵי אַבְרָהָם אֱלֹהֵי יִצְחָק וֵאלֹהֵי יַעֲקֹב, שְׁלָחַנִי אֲלֵיכֶם; זֶה-שְּׁמִי לְעֹלָם, וְזֶה זִכְרִי לְדֹר דֹּר. 16 Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them: JEHOVAH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, hath appeared unto me, saying: I have surely remembered you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Men find the addition of letters makes the usage easier.

But God is Who is.

The living God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jehovah is manufactured by adding letters to YHVH.

Yes Nick, I know.

We need vowels to be able to pronounce YHVH (God’s sacred name).
    …and the name “Jesus” is a translation of a translation, from Hebrew to
    Greek to English. When we use these names we know exactly who we mean.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

kerwin
    Participant

David L,

The issue is – who is Jesus…?!?

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.”

Abraham saw in the Spirit the coming of the Messiah…BUT HOW DID JESUS KNOW THIS..???

Before Abraham was even born – I AM..!!!

He was with God – He WAS God.!!!

You are using poor grammar as well as terrible reasoning.

Trinititarins claim the verse means:

“I am born before Jesus was born”

and

“Before Abraham is born; I am God”

Try that nonsense in an English paper and you will be failed as it is obvious nonsense. Use either one or the other and if the translators used punctuation correctly then they favor the first meaning that has the Christ being born and not always existing as they chose to use a comma instead of a semi-colon.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.””

Yes Abraham is alive and was awake!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..WHAT? ABRAHAM SAW JESUS’ DAY BY REVELATION OF GOD TO HIM, HE WAS NOT ALIVE AT THE TIME JESUS WALKED THIS EARTH. LOOK AT THE WORDING (REJOICED) IS A PAST TENS EXPRESSION, NOT A PRESENT TENSE EXPRESSION.

Nick you amaze mebrother ofyour lack of understanding at times.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 256 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account