John 18:5-6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 241 through 256 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

DavidL,

If the Son is not God then why does the Scriptures speak of Him as God in so many places…?

Jesus, himself, pointed to a passage of Scripture where human beings are called gods. Do you believe those human beings that received the word of God are gods because they are called gods by God?

I ask because the argument you are using implies you believe the humans God refers to as gods are person within the Godhead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Of course GODHEAD is a term hijacked by trinity believers as a way of making a triune god.

In the KJV it has no such use and the two times it is used relates to different things.

DavidL
    Participant

kerwin..

The Pharisees are accusing Christ of self-promotion…

(exalting Himself – by claiming to be God)..

But does Jesus DENY He is God – EVER…??

No. of course not..

but here, facing His sworn adversaries, He deflects their accusation by quoting the Law they hold dear – and yet fail to understand…

He uses their own ignorance of Scripture to deflate the perilous position of self-promotion that they falsely elevate Him to..

Christ was not guilty of the pride they accused Him of..!!

Thus He responds…

“Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”‘? If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came – and Scripture cannot be set aside – what about the One whom the Father set apart as His very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse Me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son‘? If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

Jesus deflects and defeats their false accusation of self-promotion – while still confirming His own Deity and true position of Oneness with the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

If he never said he was NOT GOD therefore your teachers say he must be.

Moses never said he was God. Should we say the same about him?

The Word is one with the Father-in the Spirit.

You can become one with them too as he taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

You keep quoting the pharisees as if you are kin with them in ignorance.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DavidL…….The scripture you quotes is not saying that those people “are” GOD’S, big or little gods, BUT THEY ARE GOD’S POSSESIONS, IT IS WRITTEN IN A POSSIVE SENSE. If those scriptures were saying that thy were true GOD’S, THEN JESUS WOULD HAVE SIMPLY RESPONED BY SAYING HE WAS A GOD ALSO, JUST AS THEY WERE, But he did not respond that way , He meant he was GOD’S POSSESION, JUST AS THEY WERE. IF SCRIPTURE COULD SAY THOSE PHARASEES WERE GOD’S POSSSESION, HE WAS SIMPLY SAYING HE ALSO WAS A SON OF GOD which implies a possession of GOD, the prahassies also said they were son of GOD, SAYING IN ANOTHER PLACE, “WE HAVE ONE FATHER EVEN GOD”. AND TO PROVE GOD WAS WITH HIM HE CITED THE MERICALIOUS WORKS, GOD WAS DOING THROUGH HIM. He was not trying to ever say he was a GOD, that simply is not true. He even said out of his own mouth, FOR THOU ARE THE “ONLY” TRUE GOD, HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF NOW WAS HE?

IDOLATAR’S WILL HAVE NO PART OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD DAVIDL. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

davidH
    Participant

I just saw this thread just now,, lol I heard one reason whay they all fell back, well 2 one more seriouis,  the first one was that Jesus had been eating garlic before they showed up and breathed on them “I.. am the garlic knocked them out. lol.

The other one was that the words I AM is so holy on one could say it if they did it was thought they would get hit my lightning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidh,

The Spirit spoke through him.

Jesus told us this would happen.

The light was IN HIM.Jn1.4

That light came into the world.

The Word was made flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The other one was that the words I AM is so holy on one could say it if they did it was thought they would get hit my lightning.

If men fell prostrate before angels, how much more the son of the living God?

Do you have to be God to cause such a reaction? Where is that written?

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the Son is not God then why does the Scriptures speak of Him as God in so many places…?

It associates ‘theos’ with Jesus as much as men and angels DavidL, perhaps a bit more.

While all other gods are either false gods like idols or the one true God, the Father.

Also, Satan is legitimately called the theos of this age.

Try to be fair in dealing with scripture. Bias leads to error.

kerwin
    Participant

DavidL,

But does Jesus DENY He is God – EVER…??

I am sorry I took so long to reply.

Actually Jesus does deny he is God by comparing to the humans that God called gods because they received the Law and pointing out that he is superior to them as he is the one by whom the Law would be written in the hearts of those that believed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Was Jesus ever asked the question?

You seem to be one of the few here who think he is.

He was asked if he was the Son of God and he admitted he is.

Does that rule him out being God?

Ed J
    Participant

Wow – and you deny the tri-unity..??

Unity with God is given to the son, and all the sons of God. The son and the sons are not God, but are one with him in spirit.

God is that spirit and he has given us his spirit. This is where we are all connected. God in us.

Turning this oneness into some kind of single being doctrine is based on the vain imaginations of some men and philosophers.

Oneness has nothing to do with a Triune God. It is about those who are not God, being one with the one true God, and that oneness is had, not in physical terms or soulish terms, but in spirit.

The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Hi T8,

Excellently explained!
    When we share in that “unity”
    it does not make us God, or does it?

Ed J
    Participant

T8…..Very good post, absolutely true, Thats the whole thing in a nut shell. “THAT GOD MAYBE IN “ALL” AND THROUGH “ALL”. ALL THOSE WHO ARE BEING LEAD BY, THE SPIRIT OF GOD “ARE” THE SONS OF THE LIVING GOD, FOR HIS SEED ABIDES “IN” THEM. If only all could understand that. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

Ha ha, it look like we all agree! (1Cor.1:10)

“Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you;
    but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment”

Ed J
    Participant

three separate entities

Hi DavidL,

Is God’s “HolySpirit” a separate entity from God? ???

Ed J
    Participant

DavidL,

What ‘bible’ are you quoting from?

Viewing 16 posts - 241 through 256 (of 256 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account