JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,341 through 19,360 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Ed.

Where are the post numbers located?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin, both YOU AND Nick are right in what you both are saying to EDJ. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Jesus teaches us to seek God’s righteousness and God does not son.

Being satisfied before you have reached the goal is loosing the race.

We are to run as if to win the goal.(1 Corinthians 9:23-25)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ, the word never ACTUALLY became flesh, it is spirit and came “into” the flesh man Jesus, at the Jordan, NICK is apsolutely right on this. IMO

If you can’t see that then you haven’t even begun to know truth . You then are unable to see and believe scripture, that says, “if the SPIRIT OF HIM, that raised THE ANOINTED JESUS FROM, the dead DWELL “IN” YOU, “IT” shall “ALSO” quicken your “MORTAL” BODY. Just like it did JESUS OUR lord and more important our brother.

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

‘A body you have provided for me’

also means the same.

Jesus was the first man who fulfilled the law and overcame sin in the flesh.

He was clean such that God could use him to house the Word.

The first suitable temple for the Spirit to indwelling

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Jesus symbolised the work of God by cleansing the forecourt of the temple in Jerusalem of merchants.

Man belongs to God and the second Adam, Jesus, fulfilled the plan of God.

We have the much easier task of following him.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The verse from Hebrews says nothing about Bethlehem.

Hi Nick,

“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood,
    he(Christ) also himself likewise took part of the same;” (Heb 2:14)
    Christ also took part in flesh and blood – he was born in Bethlehem.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Nicodemus was not a spirit – so there is NO Nicodemus the spirit in that verse; PERIOD!

By those words you deny that a man must be born of Spirit.

No

Ed J
    Participant

The outward Nicodemus is the flesh and the inward Nicodemus is the spirit. (2 Corinthians 4:16)

You want to be a teacher so you should know these things already.

Hi Kerwin,

“For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” (2 Cor 4:16)

I have to constantly unravel your ‘spin’ – 2Corinthians 4:16 is about those who have already been born again.
    Jesus was telling Nicodemus: that he(Nicodemus) too had to be born again to see the “Kingdom of God”.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed.

Where are the post numbers located?

On the upper right side of every post (next to “REPLY”)

Ed J
    Participant

EDJ, the word never ACTUALLY became flesh, it is spirit and came “into” the flesh man Jesus, at the Jordan, NICK is apsolutely right on this. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Gene, I agree that “The Word” became flesh at Jordan

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

‘A body you have provided for me’

also means the same.

Hi Nick,

Yes that is also a confirmation of Micah 5:2 – good job!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,

You hold fast to ONE verse and yet claim that your doctrine can be built on it.

You think you see vague reflections in other ones

Scripture understanding requires higher standards than you rely on and teach with.

And it is a pity you cannot grasp the full meaning of that verse.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Thank you.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Hi Kerwin,

“For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” (2 Cor 4:16)

I have to constantly unravel your ‘spin’ – 2Corinthians 4:16 is about those who have already been born again.
    Jesus was telling Nicodemus: that he(Nicodemus) too had to be born again to see the “Kingdom of God”.

I am not sure where you see any spin. Jesus was telling Nicodemus that his inward Nicodemus, aka. Nicodemus the spirit, had to be born again.

I was using 2Corinthians 4:16 to point out a man is dual nature with there being a man of flesh and a man of spirit. Both are united into one man. It is the verbal construct that I use much as Paul does in 2 Corinthians though I am speaking about the inward man prior to receiving the Spirit of God and Paul is speaking afterwards.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The new man is only found in those united with Christ.

Nicodemus was yet outside of that rebirth and was shown the gate.

It is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me.

Paul struggled in labour with those who were slow to be changed from within.

gal 4

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The inward man is the spirit of a man and after a individual has received the Spirit of God it is constantly being renewed as that believer matures in Christ.

The new man is when it is full renewed and the old man is when it has not been conceived of the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:16Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

The “renewed day by day” sounds like either growing more mature each day or being conceived and growing old and then needing to be renewed to grow old the next day. The first option is consistent with Scripture while the second option is not.

Ephesians 4:20-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This is two extremes with nothing in the middle. The old man is he that walks according to the flesh and the new man is he that walks according to the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

No

Scripture does not speak of the original man as one to be renovated.

Christ lives in us and we change inwardly to become like him.

You must be transformed by renewal of your mind.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The only difference between renew and renovate is the context they are used in.

A spirit is not renovated as it is not a physical context. A human body can be renovated because it is physical.

The old man might be renewed to become the new man as the only difference is that one walks according to the flesh and the other walks according to the Spirit. If the old and new are only to indicate states of the inward man then the renewal would be as the inward man learns to walk more and more by the Spirit each day.

Its the renewal of the spirit of your mind.

Paul speaks of the fleshly mind in these verses.

Colossians 2:18-19Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The spirit of man returns to God

The body returns to earth from whence it came.

Remember man that thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return.

The mind is educated by the Spirit and becomes spiritual able to discern spiritual things.

The soul seems to remain as is

Viewing 20 posts - 19,341 through 19,360 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account