JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 19,281 through 19,300 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Did you make an mistake and address your post to the wrong person?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So to be correct we must align with the Arbiter.

You.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is not about me.

It is about being honest with yourself.

If you cannot stick to the words and grammar of Scripture then you are not being honest with yourself.

There is an exception and that is when translators translate the words but not the underlying grammar. The argue an issue like that it is necessary to go back to the original language. Such occasions should be rare.

Are you speaking of what I said about Revelations 19?

If so it is not guess work but rather a working model.

The words “out of his mouth doth proceed a sharp sword, that with it he may smite the nations” reveal the passage is symbolic in nature. The words themselves a construct symbol of idea that is being expressed by God.

Other than that my post is a essay question posed by a student mentor.

You obviously did not test it which reveals that you fail to test the Spirit of other claims.

If you did the tests I asked then please show your work that others may benefit.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed

THE WORD was a being in heaven ,the son of God ,he is the first creation of God ,this is why he as received that name for God created all things through him THE WORD ,can you not understand that ?

Hi Pierre,

Those are just your ideas – not Scriptural!

Ed J
    Participant

Nick

rev;19. tell us that Jesus name is THE WORD OF GOD,

angels are also called sprits

Pierre,

Jesus name is not mentioned there

Ed J
    Participant

Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

if you have the spirit of truth you should easily understand this

Pierre,

Compare that to Isaiah 63:1-10 – it should give you clarity on the matter.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

I agree with you last post to Terrarica as the word comes out of God’s mouth. One can certainly state it was among the first of his works because he spoke the logos and all things came to be. It is his child because he sired it. English is not gender based but we can follow the traditions set by Koine Greek and refer to God’s word as he.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

We have discussed this and your view is irrational as you choose to ignore the pronouns used by the AV of the KJV in order to force you viewpoint into Psalm 49:6-9.

Either claim the AV of KJV is corrupt and use a version more friendly to your interpretation or change or your interpretation to be consistent with the AV of the KJV’s words.

Kerwin,

It is you that is confused and irrational

terraricca
    Participant

Ed

what i said is what scriptures says and scriptures have to be add to each other but cannot be broken ,

I have given you many scriptures if you don ‘t believe them that’s your privilege of free will,
    but I stand behind of what I said to be true ,

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

The term son of God is certainly misunderstood by many though it seems clear as God has not body and therefore no child of it.

Hi Kerwin,

No the many get it, it is you that misunderstands the simple term: “Son of God”

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Notice my post and the look at your. I pointed out why I had come to the conclusion that you are behaving irrationality. On the other hand you responded emotionally.

You did not even address the fact that Paul told Timothy that is was the human Jesus Christ that gave up his life for all.

If no human can give redeem his brother then Jesus could not redeem us.

The Av of the KJV of Psalms is correct.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

it was the son of man that give up his life ,the Christ ,it is obvious for Jesus the son of God being in the form of a man be called anything else than a man right ? yes

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

You make yet another claim without evidence which appears to mean you failed to actually the Spirit but instead let responded emotionally and from the flesh.

The only way Scripture declares God fathers sons is revealed with these words.

Galatians 4:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Scripture teaches us that God gave Jesus his Spirit and in doing so he fathered Jesus just as he does all his children. Going beyond that is adding to Scripture.

Matthew 12:18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Kerwin

it was the son of man that give up his life ,the Christ ,it is obvious for Jesus the son of God being in the form of a man be called anything else than a man right ? yes

All the English language bibles translated claim it was the human Jesus Christ that gave up his life for man. Of course he also bears the title of Son of Man but that just means he is the chief son of humanity. He is also the son of God and Scripture teaches us God fathers his children by sending his Spirit into their hearts (Galatians 4:6). It also states God put his Spirit on Jesus. Jesus is his because God placed his Spirit within Jesus’ heart. Jesus is God’s chief son because God chose to appoint him as such.

There are two human genealogies of Jesus. One is most likely his mother’s and the other is his but both go through his assumed father and so confuse which is which. I think that Luke 3 speaks of Mary’s side but credits Joseph with being the son of Mary’s father because it is Mary that is bearing testimony of the early life of Jesus. In Matthew Joseph bears testimony instead and so I conclude the genology in chapter 1 is Joseph’s. Of course I could be mistake. One of those establish that Jesus origins were from the line though it could be through Solomon or through Nathan.

In conclusion Jesus’ fleshly origin are from the line of David while his Spiritual origin are from when God gave him his Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.

That includes Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Notice my post and the look at your. I pointed out why I had come to the conclusion that you are behaving irrationality. On the other hand you responded emotionally.

You did not even address the fact that Paul told Timothy that is was the human Jesus Christ that gave up his life for all.

If no human can give redeem his brother then Jesus could not redeem us.

The Av of the KJV of Psalms is correct.

Hi Kerwin,

Psalm 49 is correct man cannot redeem his brother, but the good news is:
    “The Spirit of Christ” came down “from heaven to Bethlehem” to redeem us.
    You can squawk about it all you want, but that *is* what Scripture teaches.

I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me” (John 6:38)
    “Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour:
    but for this cause came I unto this hour.” (John 12:27)

Ed J
    Participant

Galatians 4:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and
    we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.

That includes Jesus.

Yes Nick,

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him
    endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Heb 12:2)

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin/Ed

before they became sons of God what were they?

Ed J
    Participant

Kerwin/Ed

before they became sons of God what were they?

sinners

Viewing 20 posts - 19,281 through 19,300 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account