JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 21 2008,11:04)
    WJ……Jesus said He had a God, do you think it was Himself? He said I am going to (MY GOD) and YOUR GOD, (MY FATHER) and YOUR FATHER. He also said for (THOU) art the (ONLY) true GOD. The word (ONLY) means no other, The word (THOU) means not the person saying it. How many plain scriptures do you have to through away to try to get your Theology across?

peace……….gene  :)

Hi GB

And how does any of what you say deny that the nature of Yeshua is God?

Just as your nature is the same as your Fathers. So yes you are not your Father but you are human.

God is not a name, which describes identity. But, instead is a title which describes the nature of a being whether it be True or false.

Nothing of what you say disproves or contradicts the Trinitarian faith.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Are all the angelic sons of God, GOD?

Quote (Tiffany @ Oct. 23 2008,08:13)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 21 2008,12:05)

WJ……Jesus said He had a God, do you think it was Himself? He said I am going to (MY GOD) and YOUR GOD, (MY FATHER) and YOUR FATHER. He also said for (THOU) art the (ONLY) true GOD. The word (ONLY) means no other, The word (THOU) means not the person saying it. How many plain scriptures do you have to through away to try to get your Theology across?

Hi GB

I guess he is not your Lord and God either.

But he was Thomas's, Peter's and Paul's

And Thomas answered and said unto him, “My Lord and my God“. John 20:28

From Simeon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who through the righteousness of “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ“, have been granted a faith just as precious as ours. 2 Peter 1:1

while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of 'our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,” will be revealed. Titus 2:13

I think I would rather believe them.

WJ

John 1:1 and other Scriptures in John show us that the Word is called God.  But He is not the Almighty God. The Father who is above all, is.
    Ephesians 4:6
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi tiffany

Yes and Yahshua is seated at the right hand of Power, not beneath the Father nor above the Father, “ALL” Principalities and Powers being made subject to him.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; “angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. 1 Peter 3:22

Wow! Imagine that! It doesn't say subject to the Father. The Father has given all to Yahshua. Yet, we see men trying to subject themselves to the Father without subjecting themselves to Yahshua.

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 23 2008,08:52)
    Hi WJ,
    Are all the angelic sons of God, GOD?

Hi NH

Can you give me one example in scripture where the “Sons of God” who have divine qualities or attributes are called 'Theos”, God, other than the Father and Yahshua?

???

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So from the principle of sons are always exactly like their father in nature
    you sidestep to sons behave like their father?
    Why?

OOPS. Wrong thread!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 23 2008,09:30)
    Hi WJ,
    Why?

NH

What are you saying? Is your Son human? Or is he part human?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    Why?

NH

The question was…

Can you give me one example in scripture where the “Sons of God” who have divine qualities or attributes are called 'Theos”, God, other than the Father and Yahshua?

But you can't even find one example of a being with any divine qualities or charactoristics of God in the scriptures that is called “Theos” or God. Not even an Angel of God? ???

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 23 2008,09:53)

Hi WJ,
    Why?

NH

What are you saying? Is your Son human? Or is he part human?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    Are there more sidesteps in this dance?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So all sons of God are gods.
    Now that you mention it there are gods mentioned in Ps 95-97
    Are these the angelic sons do you think?

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 23 2008,09:07)

Quote (Tiffany @ Oct. 23 2008,08:13)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 21 2008,12:05)

Hi GB

I guess he is not your Lord and God either.

But he was Thomas's, Peter's and Paul's

And Thomas answered and said unto him, “My Lord and my God“. John 20:28

From Simeon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who through the righteousness of “our God and Savior, Jesus Christ“, have been granted a faith just as precious as ours. 2 Peter 1:1

while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of 'our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,” will be revealed. Titus 2:13

I think I would rather believe them.

WJ

John 1:1 and other Scriptures in John show us that the Word is called God.  But He is not the Almighty God. The Father who is above all, is.
    Ephesians 4:6
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi tiffany

Yes and Yahshua is seated at the right hand of Power, not beneath the Father nor above the Father, “ALL” Principalities and Powers being made subject to him.

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; “angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him. 1 Peter 3:22

Wow! Imagine that! It doesn't say subject to the Father. The Father has given all to Yahshua. Yet, we see men trying to subject themselves to the Father without subjecting themselves to Yahshua.

WJ

We go through Jesus Christ.  Why? Because We are sinners and God the Father cannot look at sin and us. That is why Christ died for us, He is now our Mediator between the Father and us. That is the only way. And I believe that that is what it is meant by all. We first have to go to Jesus Christ, in order to go to the Father.
    That takes nothing away from the Father or from Jesus. God has raised Christ to highest place next to Him on His Throne. But the Father is still above all, and in us all.
    1 Corinth. 15:28
    I wonder why that is so hard to understand?
    Peace and Love Irene

david
    Participant

Concernng John 1:1, and how many have translated it, you really should check out this page:

http://home.dc.rr.com/reasoning/trans11.htm

One of the forty or so translations is George William Horner, The Coptic Version of the New Testament, 1911, [A]nd (a) God was the word”
    For more on the Coptic, see the Coptic thread.

david
    Participant

another interesting link, wikipedia, on John 1:1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=7509546

pulivarthy
    Participant

Hi all,

Jesus is God.He is Lord also.He is holy spirit(source of Holy spirit).He has origin of Himself,God and fleshy father to make us his children who are of blood and flesh.Some people who are not realisin that Jesus is God, the father, they are blinded like jews,muslims etc.
    babu

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi PV,
    Your God should be that of your Lord Jesus.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi all……..if we take some of the things Jesus said into count it may help clarify John 1:1. Lets conceder John 6:63….> It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing; the (WORDS) that I speak unto you, (ARE) spirit and (ARE) life. and John 4:24…> God is (A) Spirit; and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth. So if we conceder that GOD is SPIRIT and the WORD is SPIRIT, then they are one in the same. So John does mean that the WORD is GOD, and to the degree His words are in you is God in you, because the word of GOD is GOD. Jesus could easily say the Father was in Him, how by the words in Him and we can also say the same thing. That why Jesus could also say ” I in you and you in me, it's through the words of GOD in both Him and us, it puts us all together in GOD.

love and peace to all…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. rev19

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi All……For there (ARE) three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy
    Spirit; and these three (ARE ONE). If we believe they are one and the same, then the word is GOD as John 1:1 states.

peace…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Only some translations has these words added in 1 jn5.
    Suggest a better translation that does not contain such additions.

david
    Participant

Hi All……For there (ARE) three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy
    Spirit; and these three (ARE ONE). If we believe they are one and the same, then the word is GOD as John 1:1 states.

Gene, you know those added words have no good reason for being there.

If we believe they are one and the same, then the word is GOD as John 1:1 states.

Or, “a god” as John 1:1 states, who was “with” God Almighty.

http://home.dc.rr.com/reasoning/trans11.htm

Viewing 20 posts - 1,861 through 1,880 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account