JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,721 through 18,740 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Take an earthly king kerwin. Say there was this person who was 5 years old and he was the king. He may not rule as the king due to his age, but he would be respected as the king, and when he comes of age, he would rule. But he was still the king and honoured as the king.

Likewise, Jesus was born a baby boy (he came in the flesh). He was the messiah and son of the living God. He started his ministry when he was baptised by John, although he was still about his Father’s business as a youth.

Like Nick, you teach that Jesus was not the Christ. What you both actually teach is that Jesus Christ is the Christ.

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

I believe that Jesus is the Christ. The same Jesus who was born in a manger. The same Jesus who was a child of the Father. Even the Maggi came to honour him as the messiah. But you both do not, it seems.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This does not worry you kerwin?

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist–denying the Father and the Son.

Let’s be honest here. You do deny that Jesus was the Christ when he was born, as a child, and as a man before his baptism. So in that sense you deny he was the Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

My culture and language differ from that which the angel spoke and which he was addressing people of.

That is irrelevant since what I said was that when Jesus entered the world the angels were instructed to pay him homage but never the less he was not yet appointed Lord of all things in heaven and on earth.

Hebrews 1:6New English Translation (NET Bible)

6 But when he again brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all the angels of God worship him!”

Matthew 28:18New English Translation (NET Bible)

18 Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Philippians 2:8-11New English Translation (NET Bible)

He humbled himself,
    by becoming obedient to the point of death
    —even death on a cross!
    As a result God highly exalted him
    and gave him the name
    that is above every name,
    so that at the name of Jesus
    every knee will bow
    —in heaven and on earth and under the earth—
    and every tongue confess
    that Jesus Christ is Lord
    to the glory of God the Father.

He was more like Prince Johnathan, son of King Saul, who has the promise of the kingship but who has not yet received. Unlike Johnathan Jesus did go on to receive the promise, just as his father, King David, did.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
    Proclaimer
    Participant

John 13:3
    Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God;

See that Nick and Kerwin?

Jesus knew that all things were given to him. He knew that he had come from God and was returning.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Colossians 1:12-18
    He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation; for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities — all things were created through him and FOR HIM. HE IS BEFORE ALL THINGS, and IN HIM all things hold together. He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.”

The Jesus you guys are telling us about seems different to the one in scripture. The real Jesus has a history that you guys completely deny. Why do you ignore all the scriptures about Jesus origins?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

There is no record of when Jesus was anointed with oil.

Nick males the claim he was spiritually anointed when he received the Spirit of God.

The use of the word “appointed” in Matthew 28 and “result” Philippians 2 negate the image of Jesus being an immature king.

Scripture does say Jesus was anointed by the Spirit to preach the gospel in Luke 4:18 and Acts 10:28 states he was anointed with the Holy Spirit and power.

I am not sure those are the Anointing which the title Christ, aka Anointed, is referring to.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Scripture cannot be broken and so Philippians 2:8-11 must agree with John 13:3.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Jesus came from God?

No you confuse the man with the Spirit of Christ that anointed him.

False teaching.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jn 8

You are not yet 50 years old and have you seen Abraham?

They saw and heard just a man.

So do you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Despite claiming heavenly origins for this man you do not hear his spiritual language.

If a man was anointed by the Spirit to work for God why would he need a heavenly origin?

Did the prophets and apostles need a heavenly origin to do their work for God?

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Here is some context that may help.

John 16:7New English Translation (NET Bible)

7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you, but if I go, I will send him to you.

This one reveals the use of all which you already know and I am merely reminding you.

Mark 1:5New English Translation (NET Bible)

5 People from the whole Judean countryside and all of Jerusalem were going out to him, and he was baptizing them in the Jordan River as they confessed their sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So both Jn 14 , Jn 15 and 16 speak of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of truth and Jn 14 Jn 15 specify that it is the Spirit of the Father.

The Lord is now the Spirit and he too will come in that one Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I assume you do not mean the same thing Ed does when you say “The Lord is now the Spirit”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty

2cor 3.17

We will come to him

Jn 14.23

What do you believe?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty

2cor 3.17

Its a parallel to these words.

John 4:24New English Translation (NET Bible)

24 God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

It is also a parallel of:

1 John 4:7-8New English Translation (NET Bible)

7 Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been fathered by God and knows God. 8 The person who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Some misinterpret John 4:24 to be about God’s body becomes of spirit but that has nothing to do with worshiping him in spirit and truth. God is love and those who love him will worship him in Love and truth and so be his children. That is done by walking according to the Spirit.

In short they are about the Spiritual and not about the physical.

John 14:23 is speaking about the believer being united with God and Christ through walking according to the Spirit.

It is about Spiritual presence and not physical presence.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You must be reborn of the Spirit before you can walk in the Spirit.

The Lord is Jesus Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I tend to think the Lord mentioned in 2 Corinthians is God since it later states “and we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord..” but the wording is such that it is reasonable to see it as Jesus. The difference is not sufficient since God is the source of the Spirit and Jesus is the conduit of the source.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jesus Christ is Lord.

No confusion.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God also holds the title of the Lord. It is context that reveals whether the title refers to Jesus or to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW ,

The context is the NT.

Only when the OT is quoted could there be confusion.

No one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

In Matthew 1:2 it states the angel of the Lord when it means God. It is done a number of other times in Matthew, even to Jesus calling God the Lord in 4:10. A lot of times in the New Testament as well as the old the title “the Lord” is referring to God.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 18,721 through 18,740 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account