JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,421 through 18,440 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

John 14:14 teaches us to ask God in Jesus’s name and Jesus as the mediator between God and humanity will do it.

It says nothing about the Spirit praying to the Spirit.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

And Romans 8 26-27 says that the Spirit will intercede for us.

With God Who is Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.…

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Romans 8:26-27Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

This is a related verse:

1 Samuel 1:13-18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. 14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee. 15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. 16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto. 17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him. 18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

This is another one:

Proverbs 20:27Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord,
    searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Jesus intercedes in a different way though he utilizes the Spirit to do so.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

or just “be humble”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The spirit of man is a candle to God

But of course it does not directly relate to the Spirit of God .

Our spirit is lent to us from God till we die and it returns to God as happened with Jesus.

ecc 12

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The Word was with God and was God.

The Word was obedient to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes the worship and prayers of Hannah were in her spirit.

True worship is in spirit and in truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Our human spirit knows our deep things and therefore can reveal them to God just as his Spirit reveals his deep things to those that believe. I quoted what I did because they related to a human spirit revealing deep things to God.

I know that about the spirit of man and given when given that is true of the human then I expect more from God’s.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Our human spirit gives us life.

Like everything God lends it never loses connection with Him.

But it is our soul that can face judgement for our actions after that spirit returns to God.

Better to have already passed from death to life. Jn5

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am unsure of the relation of the breath and the spirit as both are like the wind and so called spirit. They could be the same thing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

God blew into the soil of earth and created man.

So soul and spirit come from the breath of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The soul is a spirit as it the breath but they are not the same as the soul descends to Sheol and the breath returns to God. There may be a separate spirit which is associated with the soul such that it can be lived according to by the soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

There is a division between soul and spirit and the word of God knows it.

heb 4.12

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am not saying there is not a division but rather that the two are associated.

For example when the witch called the ghost of Samuel forth from the Sheol he bore fruit and that fruit is the of a spirit. He also spoke as he was carried along by the Spirit.

Another point is the old man and the spirit he walks by is put to death in baptism and a new man and the spirit he walks by rises from the grave.

The last is imagery and is not necessary meant to be taken literal so it not solid evidence.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Samuel and all the prophets are not dead but asleep and will be woken by the indwelling Spirit of Christ.

Yes we need to become alive in the Spirit that we may not be judged but pass from death to life.Jn5

Proclaimer
    Participant

Here is an example of that rest/sleep.
    9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Proclaimer
    Participant

“For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord”

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Samuel was awoken from his rest in Sheol by the witch of Endor. His breath had returned to God and was not returned to him when the witch summoned his “god” from Sheol. He was not spiritless but bore fruit even though he was without breath.

kerwin
    Participant

@t8,

Revelations is a book of symbology and I do not quite grasp the symbols in that passage. Sometimes I can figure out the symbols by researching how they are used elsewhere but if I have done so with that passage then I do not remember.

Your point is testified by other Scripture but it seems to be contradicted by the second passage you quotes as those souls were naked.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,421 through 18,440 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account