JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,181 through 18,200 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The last Adam BECAME a life giving spirit

1 Cor 15.45

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I hope you have considered the words of my last post.

If you have any trouble understanding them then please let me know which words create the situation and I will try by the grace of God to make my words more clear so you can test them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes I understand your words but find them deficient.

You claim that Jesus must have been given the Spirit before the Jordan so that he could be made clean.

Personal logic  is useless as an arbiter of truth.

Find it written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Law was not a joke.

The fruit of the Law was the life of Jesus before the Jordan.

He was found clean and did not need to undergo the baptism of repentance required of all other men.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

He was sin-free the first 30 years of his life because
    he walked by his own spirit, the spirit of anointing.

Ed J
    Participant

“wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?” (Luke 2:49)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

His own human spirit left him at Calvary.

But he lives by the eternal Spirit of anointing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes he knew Who his father was and the mission he had to accomplish even before he was equipped at the Jordan.

He knew the scriptures about himself  Lk 4.18f

Ed J
    Participant

“And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together,
    he demanded of them where Christ should be born.” (Matthew 2:4)
    This was L-O-N-G before Jesus’ baptism

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The Spirit of Christ within him kept him from sinning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

So you cannot follow him if he had a head start being born anointed.

Even the president elect has to be born somewhere.

Enough of your personal opinions.

Seek the truth in scripture

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The fruit of the Law was the life of Jesus before the Jordan.

There are many called righteous under the Law but not one of them had the word written in their heart and placed in them because that is the promise of the new covenant and God promised a new covenant that is superior to the old.

Jeremiah 31:31-32Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

So even those that Scripture declares are righteous under the Law broke the old covenant or there would have been no need for the new covenant.

There is nowhere that it is written that anyone much less Jesus bore the fruits of the Law for the Law is a written code unlike the Spirit and the Flesh. Fruit is born by the heart and not by the Law.

Galatians 5:22-23Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

There is no law against the fruits of the Spirit because they are righteous actions while those that live by the flesh break the Law (Galatians 5:19-21) and so need to be cleansed of unrighteousness (1 John 1:9) or not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is impossible to be free of serving sin with walking according to the Spirit for what is impossible for humanity is possible with God. That is why Jesus answered with those words when his student-followers asked “who then can be saved”. (Matthew 19:25-26)

Scripture does not say Jesus lived by the fruits of the Spirit but it does say he never sinned though tempted as common to man and a human without the Spirit is doomed to sin because they are enslaved to sin. (Romans 6:20-22)

Those in the new covenant have two choices; walk according to the Spirit or walk according to the flesh. Jesus, as the author of the new covenant, had those same choice throughout his life but those without the Spirit can only walk according to the flesh.

Jesus calls us to follow him in bearing the fruits of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So in your opinion Jesus did not attain to cleanliness by obedience to the Law.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

Nick is possible speaking of Luke 4:18 as Jesus did not preach the gospel until after his immersion by John as the Jordon. Even then he is reading more into it than is written.

He is correct that Jesus is called the Christ only because he was the one foretold to become the Christ.

In a like manner God called with there books written in the book of life saved before he even created them because he foreknew them and so they have chosen between the path of righteousness and wickedness.

It is clear God first acknowledged Jesus as his Son at the Jordon.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Jesus lived a life of cleanliness by walking according to the Spirit. In that way he kept the righteous requirements of the Law. (Romans 8:4)

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Logic can work to aid in understanding Scripture if you believe the truth of what is written. It is useless to those that do not believe the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

It would be good if you could offer some scriptural evidence to back up your opinion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Logic without scriptural proof is a vanity.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You have been making claims that are not written in Scripture, not me.

You claimed that Jesus lived by the fruit of the Law and that is not written.

I claim he lived by the Spirit as his fruit has all been the fruit of the Spirit in that he did not sin even though he was tempted as we are.

His fruit is written in Scripture as is the teaching that Christians are given the choice between the flesh and the Spirit. He is the first “Christian” as he is the Christ the Prototype and Archetype of all that follow. Scripture teaches us to follow him and it also teaches us to live by the Spirit in order to obtain the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13 and Romans 8:13)

My whole case is based on Scripture but it contradicts the conclusions you have drawn from hearing the event of the Spirit landing on Jesus as a sign to John and through him to others that Jesus is the Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Logic without scriptural proof is a vanity.

I agree.

Viewing 20 posts - 18,181 through 18,200 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account