JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,101 through 18,120 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

My point being is that Scripture teaches us that the Spirit, which you say is truth, is in closest fellowship with God and makes God known.

Jn 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your(God) word is truth.

JN 14:17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
    JN 15:26 “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,
    JN 16:13 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
    1JN 4:6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

you suppose to argue the truth versus the errors in people ,but you cannot argue the word of God for you are not a god and the source of the truth ,

you can start a new topic if you want and we can discuss it their ;

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I already informed you that I do not to desire to discuss you opinion that truth is a synonym of the Spirit as it would derail the conversation that we were having and yet you choose to do so.

The point we are discussing is that the only reason that the words of John 1:18 apply to Jesus Christ is that God gave him the Spirit sometime after Isaiah foretold it would occur. Scripture cannot be broken so you should know that Isaiah spoke the word of God as he was carried along by the Spirit to teach us that a time will come when the Servant receives the Spirit from God. John teaches us that time has come in John 1:18.

I agree that a new topic can be started to discuss your idea that truth is a synonym of the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin/Nick

between you two it seem that you are not interested in the truth just opinions YOURS THAT IS.

i comment without any opinion to the scriptures and Nick still says that I have opinions into it ,are you serious ?

and you don’t want to derail what you want to focus on ;and so never come to the truth ,that’s fine with me ,I stop right here

Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

if you could only understand that scripture,it would be ok,but you don’t ,and when we elaborate on it you are quick to stop progress into it ,

your bacon not mine

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Anyone who claims to not have an opinion of what Scripture means does not care what it means or is speaking an untruth.

The question is whether a individuals opinion is from them or from God.

Peter’s opinion was, and I am confident still is, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus stated that opinion came from God.

When you deliberately work to derail a conversation by switching the topic is reveals that you feel cannot respond to the current one as well as to the new conversation you are starting. You have not really tried to debate any of that claim and what you did was to claim that the Spirit is a synonym for truth. Even if that hypothesis is true it is irrelevant to the point I made.

I revealed the meaning of John 1:18 by using the words from Scripture to demonstrate it is the Spirit that reveals God and Jesus received the Spirit after the time of Isaiah.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

And here’s the third reason Jesus CANNOT be “The Word”

(1)Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God,
    (2)so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” (Heb 11:3)

1) Yes indeed “The Word” made the worlds
    2) But that word was NOT Jesus.

Jesus did appear: so things which are seen (creation) was not made from him (Jesus)

Too bad those here with preconceived religious ideas
    cannot accept the simplicity given in Scripture.

Gene, I know you get this brother ………………………………. Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

……………………….Spirit = Ho Logos

“the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God” (Eph 6:17)

……………………….Ho Logos = Spirit

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I revealed the meaning of John 1:18 by using the words from Scripture to demonstrate it is the Spirit that reveals God and Jesus received the Spirit after the time of Isaiah.

I did not see that scripture in Isaiah could you show it again ?

when you say that Peter had a opinion of what Jesus Christ was /is why are you calling God’s truth opinions ?

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

….Spirit = Ho Logos

……………………….Ho Logos = Spirit

“the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

your understanding of those two verses is wrong ;for in both cases the spirit means the truth of God ; for only words spoken by God have real meaning

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

It is actually from Matthew, who himself paraphrased from Isaiah. According to the NET version he changed tenses on the words “I have placed my spirit on him ..” as they are written in Isaiah 42:1 to “I will put my Spirit on him” as they are written in Matthew 12:18. Most translations at biblehub do the same thing but the New International Version and the Darby’s Bible Translation use a future tense just like Matthew does.

Isaiah 42:1Darby Translation (DARBY)

42 Behold my servant whom I uphold, mine elect [in whom] my soul delighteth! I will put my Spirit upon him; he shall bring forth judgment to the nations.

Matthew 12:18Darby Translation (DARBY)

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen, my beloved, in whom my soul has found its delight. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he shall shew forth judgment to the nations.

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

……………………………Spirit = Ho Logos

…………………………….Ho Logos = Spirit

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

your understanding of those two verses is wrong ;for in both cases the spirit means the truth of God ; for only words spoken by God have real meaning

Hi Pierre,

Oh yea, is Jesus a precept upon a precept TO YOU?
    Or is Jesus a line upon line TO YOU? Or is Jesus
    merely here a little, and there a little TO YOU?

But
    “The Word” of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept
    upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;
    that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken. (Isaiah 28:13)

Those are serious questions, and I expect you to answer them as such.

Ed J
    Participant

If you say “No”, then you agree he is NOT “The Word”
    If you say “Yes”, then this part of the verse applies to you…

that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken

Looks like you are caught in a snare

“I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware:
    thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the LORD.” (Jeremiah 50:24)

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

Isa 28:13 So then, the word of the LORD to them will become:
    Do and do, do and do,
    rule on rule, rule on rule;
    a little here, a little there—
    so that they will go and fall backward,
    be injured and snared and captured.

Isa 28:14 Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scoffers
    who rule this people in Jerusalem.

you seem really not see the difference between what scriptures are saying ,and I told you before that not all scriptures with the words “the word of the Lord” are meant to be Jesus “THE WORD” FOR IT IS CLEAR IF YOU READ THE SCRIPTURES THAT IT REALLY TALKS ABOUT THE WRITTEN WORD NOT THE SON OF GOD ,

if you don’t want to believe me that’s fine you are free to do so ,I have told you this for 5 years now ,

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Q. Why are you are having such difficulty believing that Jesus is not “The Word”?
    A. religious brainwashing

You know you haven’t been speaking to me(Ed J), but to my son.
    All the words that I have ever written to you are my son.
    Do you believe that? yet that’s what you’re peddling.
    I’m not buying it – because it is NOT SCRIPTURAL

You are of course free to believe what ever you want,
    but that religious teaching is not Scriptural

The bible clearly states that he spoke the Father’s words,
    therefore “The Word” is THE FATHERS SPIRIT.

terraricca
    Participant

Ed

If your  son speak  the words you told him then it is you that speaks  through him ,but it is not your mouth piece it is your  son,s

Again I do not belong to religion for only scripture  truth I follow without me claiming to be someone I am not out of ego or self glory,

Ed J
    Participant

In the beginning was The Father’s Spirit
    The Father’s Spirit was with God,
    and The Father’s Spirit Was God.

Now the Father’s Spirit is in us – AND OUTSIDE OF US

terraricca
    Participant

That is as false as it can be ,for God is a spirit and John does not say that God is with himself ,for he clearly  says God is with someone  else than himself in the beginning  referring to his creation

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

simple really.

Jesus of Nazareth was just an ordinary man till he was anointed as the Christ, the Word made flesh.

God is more than His Word.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Except for the biased choice of the “male” pronouns in the translations of John 1:1-13 is there any thing else that convinces you the word is a person?

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

Nick

according to you Jesus was a ordinary man born as a regular man ? this scriptures do not say or support ;

and assuming you would be right then his sacrifice would be useless ;Ps 49:7 No man can redeem the life of another
    or give to God a ransom for him—
    Ps 49:8 the ransom for a life is costly,
    no payment is ever enough—
    Ps 49:9 that he should live on forever
    and not see decay.

if you claim that you are right then this scripture is a lie ;

of course I believe scriptures not a man given opinion or personal interpretation of the obvious ,

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Except for the biased choice of the “male” pronouns in the translations of John 1:1-13 is there any thing else that convinces you the word is a person?

————————————————————————————-

we have discussed this for many years ,and you come up with the same questions and so never believing the scriptures ; the words “WORD” MEANS THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD , “THE WORD” OF GO INTO ACTION ,MEAN JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY SON OF GOD ,

Jn 1:14 “The Word”(alias the only son of God alias the christ alias Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

now those scriptures here ;Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

are telling what can be given to you “IF” you are believing in his name ,

so the question is do you believe in his name ?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,101 through 18,120 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account