JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,981 through 18,000 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

t8
    Jesus was the truth personified why ?
    your answer Edj;;Because man was created in God’s image.

and you are wrong this is not why he was the truth of God his father personified ;

Hi Pierre,

Here’s proof that what I said is true…

“Christ, who is the image of God” (2Cor.4:4)

Please give me a reason or two why you disagree.

Ed J
    Participant

PROPHETS ;Lk 24:25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    Lk 24:26 Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?”
    Lk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Hi Pierre,

And what exactly is quoting unrelated verses
    out of corrupted bibles suppose to prove anyways?

NWT: In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god

Is “The Word” ‘a god’? [size=21]…NO![/size]

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

Edj

Hi Pierre,

Here’s proof that what I said is true…

“Christ, who is the image of God” (2Cor.4:4)

Please give me a reason or two why you disagree.

you are playing I answered this question in the second quote in this topic

and you make me a liar ; Col1;15;21 tells you that Jesus his the image of God ;so why do you say to me that I do not believe scriptures ,are confused ? or try to confuse me ?

and how in the world is your answer prove to deny what I told you ,for your explanation is wrong ,

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

Hi Pierre,

And what exactly is quoting unrelated verses
    out of corrupted bibles suppose to prove anyways?

NWT: In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god

Is “The Word” ‘a god’? …NO!

I don’t care for the NWT of the jw

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    Jn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phil 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

so you don’t believe those scriptures ,you only believe what you inventing to be true ? make your own religion and seek for suckers ?

KJV;Lk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
    Lk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
    Lk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
    Lk 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.

terraricca
    Participant

edj

you say;your answer Edj;;Because man was created in God’s image.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

Man Adam and Eve where created in the IMAGE OF THE IMAGE OF GOD (who is Jesus )

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Col 1:15 does not say ‘JESUS WAS THE CREATED FIRST BEING’

Why do you keep posting it – and continue acting as if THAT IS what it says ???

Ed J
    Participant

(who is Jesus )

That is what being discussed on a different thread [b](Link to thread)[/b]

This thread is exclusively: “Is Jesus the Logos?”
    Which the answer is No – “Ho Logos” is “Spirit”

“the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit” (John 6:63)

Ed J
    Participant

so you don’t believe those scriptures ,you only believe what you inventing to be true ? make your own religion and seek for suckers ?

spin

transitive verb
    3b : to evolve, express, or fabricate by processes of mind or imagination [b](Link)[/b]

Ed J
    Participant

I have no problem believing that Jesus laying his life down was known beforehand.

But that doesn’t mean that God created all things because Jesus was going to die on a cross.

Hi T8,

I hope that this is what you meant to say…
    But that doesn’t NECESSARILY mean that God created all things because Jesus was going to die on a cross.
    …that I can agree with. What you said is false.

The leaving out of the word “necessarily” changes the truth of what you meant into a lie.

“God created all things because Jesus was going to die on a cross” (<– this part of your sentence is true)

Cheers

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

It is my thought you understand when Scripture states God is Love that you understand it to mean God has the attributes of Love. In the same way Jesus has the attributes of the word and has had since God gave him the Holy Spirit. Paul in his letter to the Colossians attribute the actions of the Word to Jesus because the were united when he spoke and still are. He did this to emphasize the link between Jesus and the Word of God.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

you are quick to forget Jesus had the holy spirit since his birth just has did John the baptist ,you follow men and you try to teach those that live by the truth ? how can you do that with men’s view ? imposible

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Matthew 12:18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

I agree that when God put his Spirit upon Jesus Christ the Word that comes out of God’s mouth took on the characteristic of humanity.

Why do you think Paul ignored the human and of the word that comes out of God’s mouth as the Son in Colossians 1?

Participant

The “Logos” defined means “that which God has spoken, and it embodies an idea or a plan.  The Word of God in John 1 pertains to Jesus, but is not him as some pre-existing person in some other form,  And no, he did not help God to create the heavens and the earth nor the host thereof.  He is, however,  the agent through whom  God is completing the process of making man in his image.  He is the last Adam who is “a life giving spirit”, and “the express image of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

kerwin
    Participant

Scripture teaches us that God is Love and it is understood it means God has the characteristic of Love.

In the same way Jesus also has the characteristic of God’ Word.

John stated that in the beginning was word of God and God’s Word has the characteristic of God. Genesis teaches us all things were made by the word of God and nothing that was made was made without it, even Jesus. We are also taught that life is in the word for humanity does not live bread alone but by the very word of God.

I have to disagree with you that the word represents a particular plan or idea of God. This may be a gray area where the actual opinion one holds is not pertinent the gospel.

Participant

Hi Kerwin:

This is how Strong’s concordance has it:

Outline of Biblical Usage
    of speech
    a word, uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea

Ephesians 1:

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

It sounds that God had a plan to me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi All!

John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    [2] The same was in the beginning with God.
    [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    [6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    [8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    [9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
    [16] And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Anyone that reads these scriptures without bias or prejudice can clearly see that the context proves that Jesus is the “Word” that is spoken of in John 1:1. John clearly refers to that Word that was with God as Jesus. Forgetting even that it says the “Word was God”, it clearly states that nothing came into being without him (Jesus the Word),  and that would mean that Jesus is not part of the nothing that came into being!

WJ

Participant

My old friend WJ:

What do you mean “forgetting even that it says ‘the Word was God’? If he is the Logos, then he is God, because the scripture states that the Logos is God, but he himself he told Mary to go and tell his brethren that he was going to ascend to his Father and his God and to their Father and their God.

And so, he is not God, but he is the “express image of his person”.

Ephesians 4:

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Hi Wj

What is the nothing part, you refer to ?

kerwin
    Participant

WorshippingJesus,

I have heard the description of Wisdom in the book of Proverbs which is much as John describes the Word and yet I do not consider her a person but consider her the concept of the ability to make sound decisions. Many agree with me though not all.

If you are taught to hear John from a certain point of view then that point seems obvious to you but it is the Spirit that guides to the truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Yes, that is one definition of logos but there are others. I also agree that God has a plan. The word is can be personalized as the chiefest angel as all God’s angel obey it and can be said to worship it. God used it to create all that is created. In it is life. It is not God’s plan but rather that which fulfills it just as it fulfilled his plan to create the world and everything in it.

Meaning B III for logos is “decree, mandate or order” is close to what logos means in John 1.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,981 through 18,000 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account