JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,581 through 16,600 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 11 2014,09:36)

Quote (jammin @ April 10 2014,07:45)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2014,12:15)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6.  But what about the second “God”?  

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence?  Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

we are not done with the form of God and yet you want to jump to another topic.

It's not a second topic jammin.  It is a question concerning the ONE verse we are discussing.

So please answer the question.

we need to finish the FIRST topic before we can jump to the SECOND topic.

do you exist in the form of MAN?
    or

do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The believers of the NT are those who accepted the gospel of God in Jesus and obeyed the simple command to be born again.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am going to say that they at the least have to believe Jesus is the Heir of God and that they will receive the promise of being filled with righteousness, the result of walking according to the Spirit.  Jesus makes more points that in the b-attitudes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    1Cor 15
    22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The heir gives the kingdom back to God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The righteousness is never of their own but that of the King.
    Walking in the Spirit is service

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those in Christ inherit too.
    Matthew 25:34
    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    service
    Ps 123
    2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2014,00:39)
    Hi KW,
    The righteousness is never of their own but that of the King.
    Walking in the Spirit is service

Nick,

I am not sure what you mean as some believe that mathematics, the sciences, and other fields are separated from God. That teaching is nonsense as God is God of all those things. Satan has his corrupted versions as he does with the gospel but that does not mean there is not a true version. That true branch is from God and therefore is not human knowledge. The corrupt branches are from satan and the mere men that serve him, either willingly or unwillingly.

Righteousness never originate with mere human beings but God's children that are human can be righteous as he is since all they have to do is put on the new self created like God in true righteousness and holiness to do so.

Jesus' righteousness is his own and we can use it to deceive God into believing we are righteous nor would a person that hungers and thirst for righteousness be filled by anything short of a righteousness like God's. Jesus promise to fill such individuals and he does as he promises.

I agree that walking in the Spirit serves both Jesus our King and Jehovah our Father. The fruit of righteousness is the result.

As I said I am not sure what you have said since many men who are corrupt or lack knowledge use the same words to mean things that are not godly.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Isn't the desires of the flesh of his followers his enemies?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 11 2014,22:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 11 2014,09:36)

Quote (jammin @ April 10 2014,07:45)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 10 2014,12:15)

Quote (jammin @ April 09 2014,07:44)
    i believe that the word God in phil 2.6 refers to the nature or essence.

Okay jammin,

That takes care of the FIRST word “God” in verse 6.  But what about the second “God”?  

Philippians 2:6 NET Bible
    who though he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasped………..

Is that talking about equality with a nature or essence?  Or equality with the PERSON known as “God”?

we are not done with the form of God and yet you want to jump to another topic.

It's not a second topic jammin.  It is a question concerning the ONE verse we are discussing.

So please answer the question.

we need to finish the FIRST topic before we can jump to the SECOND topic.

do you exist in the form of MAN?
    or

do you exist in the form of your OWN MAN?

Jammin,

God desire for each and every man to exist in his form.

You are asking Mike if he is a mere man and so not a son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Our sin is covered by the robe of the King.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    LK 15
    20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The enemies of our saviour are all evil angelic and demonic forces and those who give service to them.
    They are destroying the earth and bringing the judgement of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Those reborn of the Spirit have the opportunity to become sons of God.
    Their choices now predict their own future.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 12 2014,03:27)

I must be less clever than a child of 6 as I have difficulty understanding your meaning.

Kerwin,

OK Baby!

HOW DID YOU CONCLUDED THAT JOHN USED THE TERM

ASCEND TO

TO MAKE US AWARE THAT JESUS WITH HIS STATEMENT,MEANT IN A WAY,

AS ASCEND TO THE TOP OF THE STAIRS,?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

Because he had not yet ascended to heaven and would not for forty days.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2014,01:56)
    Hi KW,
    Our sin is covered by the robe of the King.

Nick,

I have read about sins be covered but nothing about them be covered by the robe of Jesus.

That single mention in the NT is Romans 4:7.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I found mentioned several places in the OT and a few more in the NT depending on the version. 1 Peter 4:7-8 is a good one.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,
    Your other posts look fine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    32 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,581 through 16,600 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account