JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,081 through 16,100 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 20 2014,01:55)
    kerwin,

are you telling me that paul lied when he said that explanation about gen 1.27 in ep 4.24?

i believe paul and not you. you should go back to school and study english and how to understand the sentence well

Jammin,

Paul is speaking of the new creation in Ephesians 4:24.

jammin
    Participant

kerwin,

you tell us not the WHOLE TRUTH. yes he is speaking of the new creation but he is also referring to gen 1.27

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

24. put on the new man—Opposed to “the old man,” which is to be “put off” (Eph 4:22). The Greek here (kainon) is different from that for “re-new-ed” (Eph 4:23). Put on not merely a renovated nature, but a new, that is, altogether different nature, a changed nature (compare Note,, see on [2369]Col 3:10).

after God, &c.—Translate, “Which hath been created (once for all: so the Greek aorist means: in Christ, Eph 2:10; so that in each believer it has not to be created again, but to be put on) after (the image of) God” (Ge 1:27; Col 3:10; 1Pe 1:15), &c. God's image in which the first Adam was originally created, is restored, to us far more gloriously in the second Adam, the image of the invisible God (2Co 4:4; Col 1:15; Heb 1:3).

Ephesians 4:24
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God’s image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.

Genesis 1:27
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

27 So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.

you are really a false teacher.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 20 2014,10:32)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 19 2014,07:59)
    i know that form has a synonym of image BUT if we are going to read the context of gen 1.26-27 and phil 2.6, they are not the same.

why? bec gen 1.27- speaks only about righteousness and holiness. eph 4.24

but phil 2.6 speaks about the nature of God. do you understand>? i know you dont bec you do not know how to understand the context and the right way of understanding sentences.

jammin,

There was nothing in any of your posts to me that refuted the things I showed you.  So until you can refute the last things I said, there is no reason for me to respond to those newer posts.

As for this discussion you're having with Kerwin, I'll show you the NETNotes concerning Genesis 1:26, which says, “Let us make man in our image AND according to our likeness.  Two different Hebrew words are used.

The word צֶלֶם (tselem, “image”) is used frequently of statues, models, and images – replicas.

The word דְּמוּת (dÿmut, “likeness”) is an abstract noun; its verbal root means “to be like; to resemble.”

In the Book of Genesis the two terms describe human beings who in some way reflect the form and the function of the creator. The form is more likely stressing the spiritual rather than the physical.

The “image of God” would be the God-given mental and spiritual capacities that enable people to relate to God and to serve him by ruling over the created order as his earthly vice-regents.

So now we know what the two Hebrew words in Gen 1:26 mean.  And we know that the Greek word “morphe”, which was used in Phil 2:6, means “outward appearance, image”.

Basically, Gen 1:26 is saying that mankind was created to “look like God”, and to “be like God”.

And Phil 2:6 is saying that Jesus also “looked like God” – even before he was made into the likeness of a human being.

Any “Jesus is God Almighty” proof that you read into Phil 2 comes from man's IMAGINATION – and not from any of the scriptural words Paul actually used.

(The part of the NETNote that I bolded is for Nick – who considers it folly for us to actually USE the “mental capacities” God gave us.)

you did not answer my question.

is david omnisicient? yes  or no?

i told you that form in phil 2.6 has nothing to do with gen 1.27

phil 2.6 tells us that JESUS was GOD before he became like us. gen 1.27 did not say that THEY stripped themselves all privileges and so as to assume the guise of a servant ,in that they became like men …

it is very clear in phil 2.6-7 that christ has pre existence but gen 1.27 talks about the created MAN. there is a huge difference between the two verse.
    give me any single version that says in gen 1.27 that the image there means nature. can you give me one or not?

jammin
    Participant

mike the false prophet,

thomas also said to jesus while he was here on earth that he is God and his Lord.

John 20:28
    The Voice (VOICE)

Thomas (filled with emotion): 28 You are the one True God and Lord of my life.

can you read any verse that says ADAM AND EVE ARE both God and Lord>? yes or no?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin…….Why change scriptures to meet your dogmas………….First of all Paul was relating to Jesus' earthly existences when he said “he was in the form or nature of God. Not some prior earthly existence as you trinitarians mistakenly preach. Secondly Thomas did not say in verse 28, ” you are the one True God and Lord of my life” that is a twisiting of scriptures , He simply said this when he came to see that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus and was Present sharing his body with Him. my Lord “AND” my GOD.

You have bought into the LIE that Jesus is a GOD, the Lie that “SEPARATES” Jesus' identity from his human brothers and sisters. Nothing could be further from the Truth then to say Jesus is a GOD, that is IDOLATRY? Jesus himself said in prayer to GOD, for “THOU” art the “ONLY TRUE GOD Tell us this who was the THOU it could not have been Jesus that one who said it now could it, So who is the one Jesus called the “ONLY” TRUE GOD. Jammin you have to come completely out of those false Trinitarian and Preexistence's teaching they are from the very synagogues of Satan himself and preached by his ministers. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

read very carefully those scriptures THEY ALL TESTIFY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD ; NOT GOD;

MT 4:3 And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
    MT 4:6 and *said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written,
    ‘HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU’; and
    ‘ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP,
    SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.’ ”
    MT 8:29 And they cried out, saying, “ What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
    MT 26:63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, “I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.”
    MT 27:40 and saying, “ You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross.”
    MT 27:43 “HE TRUSTS IN GOD; LET GOD RESCUE Him now, IF HE DELIGHTS IN HIM; for He said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ ”
    MT 27:54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!”
    MK 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
    MK 3:11 Whenever the unclean spirits saw Him, they would fall down before Him and shout, “You are the Son of God!”
    MK 15:39 When the centurion, who was standing right in front of Him, saw the way He breathed His last, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!”
    LK 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, “ The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.
    LK 3:38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

LK 4:3 And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”
    LK 4:9 And he led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here;
    LK 4:41 Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.
    LK 22:70 And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” And He said to them, “ Yes, I am.”
    JN 1:34 “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

JN 1:49 Nathanael answered Him, “ Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”
    JN 3:18 “ He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    JN 5:25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
    JN 11:4 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it.”
    JN 11:27 She *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world.”
    JN 19:7 The Jews answered him, “ We have a law, and by that law He ought to die because He made Himself out to be the Son of God.”
    JN 20:31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

BUT IF YOU STILL BELIEVE IN THE DISTURBED MEN THAT THOMAS WAS A MEN THAT LACKED FAITH ,IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THOMAS DID NOT SAID ANYTHING WHILE HE WAS WITH JESUS ABOUT HIS OWN BELIEVE BECAUSE ALL OTHERS WERE AGREEING THAT HE WAS THE SON OF GOD AND NOT THE GOD OF WHICH HE WAS THE SON OF.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2014,12:33)
    Hi J42,
    Folks love pseudoscience-myths and legends

Hi Nick

The world like to think of the bible and it's record of historical facts to being just a myth or a legend.

As time goes by more and more evidence will be revealed relating to the holy bible and it's truth.
    This is God's doing.
    Are you for or against?

journey42
    Participant

I didn't watch the video, journey.  Nor was I arguing with you.  I was giving you facts, which sometimes you accept, and sometimes your pride won't let you accept.

I personally don't believe any of those claims you just listed.  But my interest is piqued, so I will watch the video to see for myself if it is legit, or a hoax.

Ok Mike

Have a watch. You will find it interesting.
    There's another video of Ron Wyatt regarding his find, but my computer is running real slow tonight so I can't give a link.
    Remember he's an archaeologist and he broke down when telling the news. This really tore at his heart strings.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 20 2014,14:06)
    Not legit.

Hi David

Just because it wasn't on the news or on 60 minutes, that doesn't mean it wasn't discovered.

Who would of hired such a guy to tell a big lie like this?
    maybe it was the christians.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 21 2014,01:22)
    Jammin…….Why change scriptures to meet your dogmas………….First of all Paul was relating to Jesus' earthly existences when he said “he was in the form or nature of God. Not some prior earthly existence as you trinitarians mistakenly preach. Secondly Thomas did not say in verse 28, ” you are the one True God and Lord of my life” that is a twisiting of scriptures , He simply said this when he came to see that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus and was Present sharing his body with Him. my Lord “AND” my GOD.

You have bought into the LIE that Jesus is a GOD, the Lie that “SEPARATES” Jesus' identity from his human brothers and sisters. Nothing could be further from the Truth then to say Jesus is a GOD, that is IDOLATRY? Jesus himself said in prayer to GOD, for “THOU” art the “ONLY TRUE GOD Tell us this who was the THOU it could not have been Jesus that one who said it now could it, So who is the one Jesus called the “ONLY” TRUE GOD. Jammin you have to come completely out of those false Trinitarian and Preexistence's teaching they are from the very synagogues of Satan himself and preached by his ministers. IMO

who changed the meaning of the bible? me or you?

you said
    First of all Paul was relating to Jesus' earthly existences when he said “he was in the form or nature of God. Not some prior earthly existence as you trinitarians mistakenly preach.

where can you read that in phil 2.6??? give me any version boy hahaha
    i dont need your explanation. i need version.

paul will never say Christ was made in the likeness of men if he has no pre existence. do you understand english??? hahaha

pls read verse 6- 7 and tell me if you do understand that or not.

what is your form before you were made in the likeness of men?? are you an animal before or an alien or what? hahahah

second,
    you said
    Thomas did not say in verse 28, ” you are the one True God and Lord of my life” that is a twisiting of scriptures , He simply said this when he came to see that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus and was Present sharing his body with Him. my Lord “AND” my GOD.

what version is that? can you give me any version that says in john 20.28 thomas said God the father was  IN you that is why i said my Lord and my God

give me version boy. ill give you 1000000 yrs to find one hahaha

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    Thy word is truth. Jn15

But men want to come between you and God.
    Choose today whom you will follow

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 20 2014,19:46)
    kerwin,

you tell us not the WHOLE TRUTH. yes he is speaking of the new creation but he is also referring to gen 1.27

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

24. put on the new man—Opposed to “the old man,” which is to be “put off” (Eph 4:22). The Greek here (kainon) is different from that for “re-new-ed” (Eph 4:23). Put on not merely a renovated nature, but a new, that is, altogether different nature, a changed nature (compare Note,, see on [2369]Col 3:10).

after God, &c.—Translate, “Which hath been created (once for all: so the Greek aorist means: in Christ, Eph 2:10; so that in each believer it has not to be created again, but to be put on) after (the image of) God” (Ge 1:27; Col 3:10; 1Pe 1:15), &c. God's image in which the first Adam was originally created, is restored, to us far more gloriously in the second Adam, the image of the invisible God (2Co 4:4; Col 1:15; Heb 1:3).

Ephesians 4:24
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

24 And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God’s image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.

Genesis 1:27
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

27 So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.

you are really a false teacher.

Jammin,

I am not seeing anything to support what you are saying though I may look more into what Genesis tells us on this subject and get back to you.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 21 2014,03:47)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 21 2014,01:22)

who changed the meaning of the bible? me or you?

you said
    First of all Paul was relating to Jesus' earthly existences when he said “he was in the form or nature of God. Not some prior earthly existence as you trinitarians mistakenly preach.

where can you read that in phil 2.6??? give me any version boy hahaha
    i dont need your explanation. i need version.

paul will never say Christ was made in the likeness of men if he has no pre existence. do you understand english??? hahaha

pls read verse 6- 7 and tell me if you do understand that or not.

what is your form before you were made in the likeness of men?? are you an animal before or an alien or what? hahahah

second,
    you said
    Thomas did not say in verse 28, ” you are the one True God and Lord of my life” that is a twisiting of scriptures , He simply said this when he came to see that God the Father was truly “IN” Jesus and was Present sharing his body with Him. my Lord “AND” my GOD.

what version is that? can you give me any version that says in john 20.28 thomas said God the father was  IN you that is why i said my Lord and my God

give me version boy. ill give you 1000000 yrs to find one hahaha

Jammin.

You are Jammin alright.
    What exactly do you believe?
    You seem to be all over the place.

Do you believe jesus is God?
    If not;than who/what is he?
    Who was He in the beginning?
    Please explain your doctrine clearly,
    so we know where you stand.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    Blood is mostly red cells
    They have no nucleus and no dna

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2014,06:41)
    Hi J42,

That's very smart of you.Blood has mostly plasma?
    So what is next.
    What have you proven?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Plasma is only fluid-no dna
    Nothing but it does cast doubt on the claims about the blood of Jesus being found

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2014,07:06)
    Hi WU,
    Plasma is only fluid-no dna
    Nothing but it does cast doubt on the claims about the blood of Jesus being found

Nick.

To have doubt in this world is a good thing,
    with all the lies around.
    But consider the evidence and then judge by it.
    1.Ron has found the spot of the crossing of the sea,(video).
    2.Found all the bones and chariots of the Egyptians drowned.
    3.Found the ark of Noah.
    4.Found the ark of the covenant.All on video,but not on the news. all in the hands of the israeli gov. This was in 1982 or so?
    They dont want to upset the jews.

As for the ark of the covenant: they dont want to hype up the jews to build their new temple; there will be a blood bath.

All will be revealed in God's time.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    So you agree such “evidence' is not of much value compared with scripture?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2014,07:35)
    Hi WU,
    So you agree such “evidence' is not of much value compared with scripture?

Nick.

True christians dont need hard evidence.
    Understanding the scriptures is our evidence.
    But dont forget the jews; they need evidence as a witness.
    And also the atheists,and the other religions.
    This will be their last calling.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2014,01:41)
    Hi J42,

Young red blood cells do actually contain nuclei (and therefore DNA), but they lose this as they mature (so that they can transport more hemoglobin and oxygen). They also lose other important organelles, like mitochondria and other stuff too. As a result, mature red blood cells have limited capabilities… like they can't divide and multiply, can't metabolize very much, can't repair themselves, etc. But this doesn't really matter, because your body makes large amounts of them all the time, and they don't need this stuff to carry oxygen. They are very specialized cells.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,081 through 16,100 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account