JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The works and attitudes and behaviours of Christ were of the Spirit of God so in that sense the following of Jesus involves letting the Spirit of God Himself produce that good fruit in us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,
    Same with the anointing in power of the apostles in Acts 2 spoken of in Lk24

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Sorry I don't find anywhere that says Jesus was in need of a rebirth in order to be anointed with the Spirit of GOD.
    Prophets of old certainly were not reborn and they were anointed to the degree that they spoke as GOD.
    The rebirth is not given to enable us to receive an unction or anointing from GOD, it is given to provide a new spark of life to our soul.
    This generates into existence the 'new man' who is created in righteousness in the pattern of Christ.
    One can be anointed with the Spirit of GOD and be completely false, even as GOD causes HIS rain to fall on the just and the unjust.
    When one is born again the difference is that it is the heavenly DOVE wooing an earthly LAMB.
    Through the rebirth we take on that LAMB nature in the inner man, willing to be led by a higher power, with a compatible nature to
    be able to receive the WORD of GOD.
    Unfortunately there are plenty of anointed goats, and wolves in sheep's clothing as we were warned there would be.
    Jesus was the prototypical LAMB that we are patterned after, he was not of the flesh, did not walk after the flesh.
    Even though he was IN the flesh. He was IN the world but not OF it.
    And yes we can follow him, once we have had the necessary nature change in the inner man.
    IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,
    Was he anointed in the Spirit of God?
    When was the anointing given to him?
    Did he also have his own spirit as we do?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 30 2008,16:39)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 01 2008,08:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 30 2008,02:49)
    Hi LU,
    Was he not born of Mary?
    Jb25
    4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

He DID not sin.
    He OVERCAME sin in the flesh.
    He was a man, someone real we can follow.

Hi Nick,
    So what does “born holy” mean to you?

Luke 1:35

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
    KJV

LU

Hi LU,
    Luke 4:34
    Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Jesus is the Holy one of God, holy like the holy angels and holy prophets and holy place and holy garments etc- all vessels chosen for service to God.

Hi Nick,
    So if He was born holy were you born holy too since you claim man is just like Him?
    LU

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Was he anointed with GOD – yes
    When – from the river Jordan – making him the Christ.
    He was a man – thus he had his own spirit, which spirit was likened to a LAMB, a meek creature of earth that can be led.
    Like our spirit from birth? no – ours is fallen, by nature we are rebellious.
    Like us he had free will. Like us he had temptations.
    Unlike us his spirit had a natural affinity with GOD.
    That is why we need to receive such a spirit in order to be led, that is what makes a new creature in us.

A clue to this is seen when the man was a 12 year old I believe, in the temple amazing the teachers with his understanding.
    Where did he get such an astounding knowledge from?
    IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 01 2008,15:34)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 30 2008,16:39)

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 01 2008,08:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 30 2008,02:49)
    Hi LU,
    Was he not born of Mary?
    Jb25
    4How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?

5Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

6How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

He DID not sin.
    He OVERCAME sin in the flesh.
    He was a man, someone real we can follow.

Hi Nick,
    So what does “born holy” mean to you?

Luke 1:35

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
    KJV

LU

Hi LU,
    Luke 4:34
    Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Jesus is the Holy one of God, holy like the holy angels and holy prophets and holy place and holy garments etc- all vessels chosen for service to God.

Hi Nick,
    So if He was born holy were you born holy too since you claim man is just like Him?
    LU

Hi LU,
    Not in my case no.
    But the children of believers?

1Cor7
    14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Oct. 01 2008,15:41)
    He was a man – thus he had his own spirit, which spirit was likened to a LAMB, a meek creature of earth that can be led.
    That is why we need to receive such a spirit in order to be led, that is what makes a new creature in us.

A clue to this is seen when the man was a 12 year old I believe, in the temple amazing the teachers with his understanding.
    IMO

Hi MF,
    I agree with most of what you wrote.
    So you say he did not have a normal human spirit but some sort of a holy one.
    Adam received his Spirit from the breath of God but this was different?
    Do we receive the Spirit of Christ or the Spirit of God if you think they differ?

Lightenup
    Participant

Good point Nick,
    Also see here:

Luke 2:23
    “EVERY firstborn MALE THAT OPENS THE WOMB SHALL BE CALLED HOLY TO THE LORD”),
    NASU

I think there needs to be a word study done on what it means to be called holy or born holy.

Anyway, that is another difference between man and Christ, He was born holy, children of non-believers were not. Isn't that an advantage?
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lU,
    All men can repent and be reborn.
    They must.

Children are not forever children

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Sep. 30 2008,23:41)

IMO

Hi Malcolm,
    I agree with most of what you said. Just one thing that I want to point out that I disagree with is that the angels told the shepherds that born that day was Christ. So He was called Christ from day one of His birth. He did not receive that at Jordan.

Luke 2:11-12
    11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
    NASU

LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I don't believe that Jesus had to be born again into the kingdom of God because God was already His Father.
    LU

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Jesus is called the second Adam (man)
    Adam received the breath of life from GOD.
    Both have a quality of uniqueness.
    Before the fall Adam (mankind) was innocent of sin.
    All he lacked? to come to the tree of life and immortality.
    Since he fell that access was blocked, until a way back was provided by GOD in the form of the man Jesus.
    I do not believe Adam had a fallen nature before the fall, it was his disobedience that caused a change in all of nature.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,
    Jesus was a son of Mary, a son of ADAM.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

called from birth THE (not a) Son of GOD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 01 2008,16:04)
    Hi Nick,
    I don't believe that Jesus had to be born again into the kingdom of God because God was already His Father.
    LU

Hi LU,
    When did God Himself publically declare Jesus to be His son?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

That was merely typical of the adoption of a son, when a son comes to an age of maturity such that he shall receive authority to
    conduct his father's business. Jesus received this public declaration of adoption from the Father because he was a son.
    Were he not a son until then, GOD would not have declared him to be a son thereafter.
    IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Was the king born then too, without yet ruling?
    Matthew 2:2
    Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,
    So in what anointing, given when, did the Son of God operate?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Nick
    He came not in his own name but that of HIS FATHER.
    It was GOD in CHRIST reconciling the world to HIMSELF.
    What anointing? same SPIRIT that came to the fathers in prophets (in part) in Son (in full)
    given when? when the heavenly DOVE descended upon the earthly LAMB.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account