JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,621 through 13,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

T,

You said:

TO BE THE SON OF GOD YOU HAVE TO BE BORN A SON OF GOD AND SO PREEXISTING,

John 1:12.

” But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

According to your own words and the verse above: All of those who are born of God, also had to pre-exist.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 12 2013,09:40)
    T,

You said:

TO BE THE SON OF GOD YOU HAVE TO BE BORN A SON OF GOD AND SO PREEXISTING,

John 1:12.

” But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

According to your own words and the verse above: All of those who are born of God, also had to pre-exist.

2bee

I was talking about Christ ,

See context of discussion please, the verse you quoting is possible because of Christ the son of God

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 12 2013,04:52)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 11 2013,15:12)
    Yes, Jesus agrees with the Pharisees but he uses their answer to point out that the promised Messiah is greater than David.

Actually Jesus corrects the Pharisees, Kerwin.  He does not agree with them, but points our their error.

It is for this reason that they could not reply to his words.

The point is that no father calls his own son “My Lord”.  

And the fact is that although Jesus's fleshly manifestation was of the lineage of David, he is by no means the son of David.

Mike,

The only error the Pharisees made was an incomplete answer as Paul answers Jesus words by stating Jesus is made from the seed of David, according to the flesh.

kerwin
    Participant

Miike,

And the fact is that although Jesus' fleshly manifestation was of the lineage of David, he is by no means the son of David.

Two identical twins are born, having the same genotype the first fathers a child.  Is that child the son of the second twin?

To fulfill God's promise the flesh must be made from David's Seed.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

you mean that his mother tougth him all he knew to argue with the doctors of the law in the temple ??? hummm

He was on God's business at the temple but God's business for his parents was to bring him up as he grew in wisdom and statue.

so it is more NOMINAL THAN REAL

I believe Seed is symbolical just like it is when Isaac is called Abraham's Seed.

if he is the son of God in the spirit ,could define me the “SPIRIT”

We are taught to live by it's teaching and it gives gifts.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 12 2013,04:48)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 11 2013,15:20)
    Am I correct to say that the slaves are to obey their masters who rule their physical bodies  and obey God who rules their spirits.

Men are to obey their earthly lords with all their heart, mind, body, and soul.

They are ALSO to obey their heavenly Lords with all their heart, mind, body, and soul.

If obeying one conflicts with obeying the other, we are always to obey the heavenly Lords above all else.

But Jehovah and Jesus are not only Lords of our spirits.  They are Lords over all who we are, including our physical bodies.

Mike,

I am not quite understanding you here.

We are to obey our masters provided doing so would not be disobeying God. We are to always obey the teachings of God's Spirit. Our masters can only destroy the body, not the soul or the spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 12 2013,10:45)
    T,

you mean that his mother tougth him all he knew to argue with the doctors of the law in the temple ??? hummm

He was on God's business at the temple but God's business for his parents was to bring him up as he grew in wisdom and statue.

I believe Seed is symbolical just like it is when Isaac is called Abraham's Seed.

if he is the son of God in the spirit ,could define me the “SPIRIT”

k

Posted: Aug. 12 2013,10:45 QUOTE

——————————————————————————–
    T,

it seems now that you cannot answer my question and so ;look for one that realy is an opinion ???

terraricca
    Participant

k

I believe that this is the way people where talking to each other ,commonly ,but yes it can be symbolic ,and more related to the spirit of a person to another or relationship with God ,ect;

terraricca
    Participant

k
    I said ;

if he is the son of God in the spirit ,could define me the “SPIRIT”???

THE SPIRIT IS A LEARNED SPIRIT THE SOUL IS A GIVEN FROM GOD

TO BE THE SON OF GOD YOU HAVE TO BE BORN A SON OF GOD AND SO PREEXISTING ,TO KNOW WHAT CHRIST KNEW AT 12 YEARS OLD

you said ;

so according to you Christ became the Christ and the son of God BECAUSE HE WAS TAUGHT IN GOD;S WAYS AND IN RETURN GOD GIVE ??? WHAT ??? YOU ARE IN THIS DENYING CHRIST BIRTH MYSTERY, AND DENYING THAT CHRIST SAYS HE CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND IT WAS NOT HIS OWN MIND ONLY THAT CAME DOWN ;AND IT WAS NOT HIS FLESH BECAUSE THAT HE PICK UP HERE ON EARTH, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE WHO CHRIST IS ?

Jn 8:16 But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.
    Jn 8:17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid.
    Jn 8:18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

PAY ATTENTION TO VERSE 17 AND SEE WHAT CHRIST SAYS “IN YOUR OWN LAW ” COULD YOU TELL ME WHY HE DID NOT SAY “OUR OWN LAW ” WAS HE NOT UNDER THAT SAME LAW ???

Jn 8:19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”
    “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

IS CHRIST ANSWER GOOD FOR YOU AS WELL ???

Jn 8:23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
    Jn 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”
    Jn 8:25 “Who are you?” they asked.
    “Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied.

DO YOU REALY BELIEVE THAT CHRIST WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS OWN LEARNING OF THE TEACHINGS THAT HE RECIEVE WHILE HE GREW UP ???

1JN 2:18 Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.
    1JN 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
    1JN 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
    2JN 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world,those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh . This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

MANY USE THEIR OWN INTERPRETATION BUT DOES IT MATHER ??? no GOD IS THE ONE THAT TELLS THE TRUTH NOT MEN , SEE I LOOK AT THE SCRIPTURES IN THIS WAY ;

THE WRITTEN WORD AS BEEN GIVEN TO US MEN ;WE CAN BELIEVE IT AS IS ,OR CHANGE IT ,OR BELIEVE PARTS OF IT , OR NOT BELIEVE IT ,” BUT FOR ALL THOSE ACTIONS GOD WILL BRING US TO JUDGEMENT ,IN ONE WAY IT IS PERSONALLY BETWEEN US AND OUR GOD AND HIS SON ,SO OUR SALVATION IS THE GRACE OF GOD BUT IT AS TO BE BELIEVED IN ,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

You are assuming that Jesus' choice to use “your” means the Law was not also his. That assumption seems to be flawed as Jesus also chose to your when passing a message to his disciples when he stated “I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God”. As you can see the use of “your” neither confirms or denies the Law was also Jesus'.

Galatians 4:4
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

So Jesus was made of Mary and made under the Law.

In another was of speaking Jesus was not under the Law because he was under grace.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

DO YOU REALY BELIEVE THAT CHRIST WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS OWN LEARNING OF THE TEACHINGS THAT HE RECIEVE WHILE HE GREW UP

God instructs:

Proverbs 22:6

6 Train up a child in the way he should go:
    and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Are you saying Mary disobeyed God's instruction?

Luke 2:52

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus became wiser as he aged toward adulthood.

kerwin
    Participant

T,

John 6:45

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jesus, like he brother born under the new covenant was taught by God, though his parents also brought him up as part of their service to God.

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Spirit of God that was in him was the teacher, and so he was taught of God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 13 2013,01:13)
    T,

You are assuming that Jesus' choice to use “your” means the Law was not also his.  That assumption seems to be flawed as Jesus also chose to your when passing a message to his disciples when he stated “I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God”.  As you can see the use of “your” neither confirms or denies the Law was also Jesus'.

4 but when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

In another was of speaking Jesus was not under the Law because he was under grace.

K
    scripture says;God sent forth his Son,””” so kerwin what did God send to be made from a women ???
    I taught that you say Jesus was conceived ??? now you telling me HE AS BEEN MADE

and what make it that he was made under the law ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 13 2013,03:13)
    T,

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jesus, like he brother born under the new covenant was taught by God, though his parents also brought him up as part of their service to God.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

K

yes but those scriptures are related to Christ teachings right ???

so how could it be refer to Christ ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 13 2013,02:53)
    T,

DO YOU REALY BELIEVE THAT CHRIST WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS OWN LEARNING OF THE TEACHINGS THAT HE RECIEVE WHILE HE GREW UP

God instructs:

Proverbs 22:6

Are you saying Mary disobeyed God's instruction?

Luke 2:52

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus became wiser as he aged toward adulthood.

K

are you saying now that SHE give Christ the knowledge and wisdom so that he was so intelligent in understanding that he could argue with adults who have study the law all their life's ???

so Mary was more advance in the scriptures than any of the doctors of the law ??? and she was probably not even 30 years old ,Hummm ???

terraricca
    Participant

T,

You are assuming that Jesus' choice to use “your” means the Law was not also his.  That assumption seems to be flawed as Jesus also chose to your when passing a message to his disciples when he stated “I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God”.  As you can see the use of “your” neither confirms or denies the Law was also Jesus'.

K

T,

You are assuming that Jesus' choice to use “your” means the Law was not also his. That assumption seems to be flawed

how is it flawed ,in your next scriptures Jesus says :MY FATHER AND YOUR FATHER ,so he joint them together ,as one

but not in my example so your answer his not valid ,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2013,04:36)

T,

K
    scripture says;God sent forth his Son,””” so kerwin what did God send to be made from a women ???
    I taught that you say Jesus was conceived ??? now you telling me HE AS BEEN MADE  

T,

It is Scripture which states Jesus was made of a woman and made under a Law. If you disagree with that statement you disagree with the Word. It goes along with the statement he was made of the Seed of David, according to the flesh.

Conceived and made are the same thing as a child being conceived in a woman is synonymous with a child being conceived in a woman.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2013,04:38)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 13 2013,03:13)
    T,

K

yes but those scriptures are related to Christ teachings right ???

so how could it be refer to Christ ???

T,

Jesus leads and the believers follow but the path is the same. The God through his Spirit taught Jesus first. It is us to follow him on the path he pioneered.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 13 2013,05:36)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2013,04:36)

T,

K

T,

It is Scripture which states Jesus was made of a woman and made under a Law.  If you disagree with that statement you disagree with the Word.  It goes along with the statement he was made of the Seed of David, according to the flesh.

Conceived and made are the same thing as a child being conceived in a woman is synonymous with a child being conceived in a woman.

K

Conceived and made are the same thing

is conceived meaning ;

con·ceive (kn-sv)
    v. con·ceived, con·ceiv·ing, con·ceives
    v.tr.
    1. To become pregnant with (offspring).
    2. To form or develop in the mind; devise: conceive a plan to increase profits.
    3. To apprehend mentally; understand: couldn't conceive the meaning of that sentence.
    4. To be of the opinion that; think: didn't conceive such a tragedy could occur.
    5. To begin or originate in a specific way: a political movement conceived in the ferment of the 1960s.
    v.intr.
    1. To form or hold an idea: Ancient peoples conceived of the earth as flat.
    2. To become pregnant.

Made ; meaning ;

adj.
    1. Produced or manufactured by constructing, shaping, or forming. Often used in combination: handmade lace; ready-made suits.
    2. Produced or created artificially: bought some made goods at the local store.
    3. Having been invented; contrived: These made excuses of yours just won't wash.
    4. Assured of success: a made man.

SO WHEN SCRIPTURES SAYS “MADE ” IT MEANS THAT IT CAN BE ARTIFICIALLY BE CREATED ” BY GOD OR TRANSFORM INTO THE WOMB TO GROW WITH FLESHRIGHT ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2013,04:57)

T,

K

T,

You are assuming that Jesus' choice to use “your” means the Law was not also his.  That assumption seems to be flawed

how is it flawed ,in your next scriptures Jesus says :MY FATHER AND YOUR FATHER ,so he joint them together ,as one

but not in my example so your answer his not valid ,

T,

So you believe because Jesus did not say and my Law that the Law of the Jews was not Jesus' Law despite him practicing Passover as an observant Jew does, but a Gentile is forbidden to do.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,621 through 13,640 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account