JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,281 through 13,300 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 14 2013,16:37)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,16:34)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,12:27)
    “The Word” which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  (John 14:24)

“And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together;
     and they were all filled with the HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31)

non sense boy LOL

you were caught by T.
    review first john 14.24 before you give another verse. LOL

The old commandment is “The Word” which ye have heard from the beginning.  (1John 2:7)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,11:34)

“The Word” which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  (John 14:24)

“And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together;
     and they were all filled with the HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31)

Edj

So now you create out of two different events one and it suppose to be right ???

What as the holy spirit to do with the spoken words of God , words spoken through Christ ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,19:09)

Edj

So now you create out of two different events one and it suppose to be right ???

What as the holy spirit to do with the spoken words of God , words spoken through Christ ???

“The Word of the LORD came to me”

1Chron.22:8
    Jer.2:1
    Jer.18:5
    Ezekiel 12:17
    Ezekiel 12:26

jammin
    Participant

ed,

may God open your eyes.
    may God open your heart.

it is not cool in hell. you will suffer eternal pain.
    open your heart and let God manage your life.
    satan cant save you.

Ed J
    Participant

“God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for “The LORD JEHOVAH”
     is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12:2)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,14:27)

Edj

edj

those scriptures has nothing to do with the event you were talking about but this as ;

Lk 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Jn 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.
    Jn 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—
    Jn 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
    Jn 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
    Jn 14:19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
    Jn 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    Jn 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

Jn 15:26 “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Jn 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    Jn 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
    Jn 16:9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;

Jn 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
    Jn 16:14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
    Jn 16:15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

1Jn 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

1Jn 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

GOD IS SPIRIT

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,13:43)

non sense boy LOL

you were caught by T.

The old commandment is “The Word” which ye have heard from the beginning.  (1John 2:7)

EDJ

THE CONTEXT clearly talks about the written and verbal words said by God to men

this is not the case in John;1-1

terraricca
    Participant

edj

are those walking vocabulary or words that can come and go ??? or is it someone that went to them and talked to them ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,19:49)

Edj

edj

those scriptures has nothing to do with the event you were talking about but this as ;

Lk 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Jn 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—
    Jn 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
    Jn 14:19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
    Jn 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    Jn 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”

Jn 15:26 “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Jn 16:7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
    Jn 16:8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:

Jn 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
    Jn 16:14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
    Jn 16:15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

1Jn 4:6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

1Jn 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

GOD IS  SPIRIT

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where
    they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the
    HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,19:52)

non sense boy LOL

you were caught by T.

EDJ

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen
     with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of “The Word” of life;

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,14:57)

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,19:49)

Edj

edj

GOD IS  SPIRIT

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where
    they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the
    HolySpirit, and they spake “The Word” of God with boldness.

edj

that verse are referring to the spoken words of God through Christ ,context shows this clearly ,

water is a liquid but some people have their name WATER are they also water ??? and are not flesh but liquid ???

and also you mist the point of the verses i quote you ,and you did not answer my questions

Ed J
    Participant

What questions?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,15:05)
    What questions?

Edj

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,20:20)

What questions?

Edj

(1)So now you create out of two different events one and it suppose to be right ???

(2)What as the holy spirit to do with the spoken words of God , words spoken through Christ ???

Hi Pierre,

1) What two separate events?

2) The HolySpirit is “The Word”.  (see John 6:63)

“the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,19:59)

non sense boy LOL

you were caught by T.

EDJ

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen
     with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of “The Word” of life;

let me clarify the verse

1 John 1:1
    Amplified Bible (AMP)
    1 [We are writing] about the Word of Life [[a]in] Him Who existed from the beginning, Whom we have heard, Whom we have seen with our [own] eyes, Whom we have gazed upon [for ourselves] and have touched with our [own] hands.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,14:59)

non sense boy LOL

you were caught by T.

EDJ

:D

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
    1Jn 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life,; which was with the Father and has appeared to us.
    1Jn 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

it seems you have a hard time to understand those scriptures ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,15:23)

What questions?

Edj

(1)So now you create out of two different events one and it suppose to be right ???

(2)What as the holy spirit to do with the spoken words of God , words spoken through Christ ???

Hi Pierre,

God bless

“The Word” which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:24)

those two events;above

the supplier or the delivery truck are not the goods ;their is a sender and a receiver ;the means use is neither right ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,20:44)

What questions?

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

those two events;above

the supplier or the delivery truck are not the goods ;their is a sender and  a receiver  ;the means use is neither right ???

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee,
     preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying,
     The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
     repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2013,15:50)

Quote (terraricca @ July 14 2013,20:44)

What questions?

Edj

Hi Pierre,

God bless

those two events;above

the supplier or the delivery truck are not the goods ;their is a sender and  a receiver  ;the means use is neither right ???

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee,
     preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying,
     The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
     repent ye, and believe the gospel.” (Mark 1:14-15)

:D You change from the holy spirit to John the baptist ,

You are confused ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 13 2013,15:46)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2013,21:59)

Was this Word (demiurge) a living BEING, independent from Jehovah?

Mike,

There is a difference between a personification and a person.

Fantastic. Thanks for that.

Now would you ANSWER the question I asked?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,281 through 13,300 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account