JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,021 through 13,040 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2013,10:56)
    Ed,

Thanks for the compliment.  But your post doesn't answer my question…… which was:

How could the blood on the robe of the rider of the white horse be from a battle that hadn't yet begun?

Hi Mike, please open your ears to my answer THIS TIME:

The wording is symbolic, no-one is walking around with blood on everything they wear. (ref. Isa 63:3)
    “Their blood” represents their covering, which is symbolic, and that is the vesture
    that those who are filled with God's HolySpirit are covered with in the battle.

It is not physical as your question seems to be suggesting, and it cannot be answered that way as such.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 27 2013,17:22)
    …….and that is the vesture that those who are filled with God's HolySpirit are covered with in the battle…….

Oh. So then it is NOT really the blood of those slain, as you previously claimed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,05:23)
    Mike,

The situation is that is what you are doing when you claim Jesus was made flesh = Jesus came in the flesh.

Kerwin,

1. Jesus came in the flesh. That is ONE way in scripture that we are told how Jesus, who wasn't at one time flesh, came to the earth as a flesh human being.

2. The Word became flesh. That is a DIFFERENT way in scripture that we are told how Jesus, who wasn't at one time flesh, came to the earth as a flesh human being.

There are a dozen OTHER ways in scripture that we are told how Jesus, who wasn't at one time flesh, came to the earth as a flesh human being. We can (and should) believe all of those scriptures.

But what we CAN'T do is OMIT the word “IN” from the first sentence, making it say, Jesus came the flesh. And we CAN'T ADD the word “IN” into the second sentence, making it say, The Word became IN the flesh.

If we do either of those things, we are CHANGING the message that particular, God-inspired scripture was teaching us.

See? The Word BECAME flesh says exactly what John wanted to say – AS he wanted to say it. We cannot go ADDING words into his text, just because we don't LIKE the way HE worded it.

Are you with me now?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,00:10)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,23:51)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2013,21:30)

who is the person that JB talks about ONE NAME PLEASE ;?…….

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

and you pick some kind of weird approach to all those scriptures very strange,

Spot on, Pierre.

Kerwin, the answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS OF NAZARETH”.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Your efforts are transparent to us – as is evident from Pierre's response.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,10:40)

…….and that is the vesture that those who are filled with God's HolySpirit are covered with in the battle…….

Oh.  So then it is NOT really the blood of those slain, as you previously claimed?

Never claimed it was. That is an example of what we just talked about. :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,05:20)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,02:53)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,02:43)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,01:09)

K

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Jn 1:26 “I baptize with water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know.
    Jn 1:27 He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

so please answer my question

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.  One is that Jesus is the Light of man, another is that he is the Word of God, yet another is he is a human being.

K

why do you have to interpret what as not to be ;you did not answer my question ,

and you are also take the wrong explanation for Christ being the light ,

this is were we can see honesty ,and truthfulness of those whom we ask for answers before God presence

T,

The viewpoint of the 1st Century is alien to the viewpoint of the 21st Century.

I did answer you question in such a way to avoid being misunderstood.  It seems it is not the way you desired.

You seem to understand that love is an attribute of God and yet you are not understanding that light is an attribute of Jesus.  I do not know why that is nor have I any power to change it.

Kerwin

:D  :D  :D  :D

is God change ;scriptures says God almighty is the same in the beginning and at the end of things HE (GOD) NEVER CHANGES ,

SO YOU ARE LOST

T,

The fact that we are not the ones that the various books of Scripture are written to does not mean God changes.  It is us that must change our viewpoint in order to understand Scripture.

k

WE DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE OUR VIEW POINT ,

only if we want to follow and obey to his rules ,

rules that as never changed sins Adam and Noah

the scriptures are only written to those who believe them,that simple

Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Jn 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
    Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

T,

So according to you the viewpoint of the 1st Century is the same viewpoint as the 21st Century.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,05:59)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

The bizarre, pseudo-psycho wording you chose, in an effort to mask your reluctance to answer Pierre's question directly and honestly, is very thinly veiled, Kerwin.  People like Pierre and I see right through that mumbo-jumbo – and know exactly why you choose to word things the way you do.

You aim to hide the simple truth of the answers we seek beneath a mask of pseudo-babble.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not. When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 27 2013,19:06)

Oh.  So then it is NOT really the blood of those slain, as you previously claimed?

Never claimed it was.

Actually you did, Ed.  You likened it to this verse:

Isaiah 63:3
    I have trodden the winepress alone;
       from the nations no one was with me.
    I trampled them in my anger
       and trod them down in my wrath;
    their blood spattered my garments,
       and I stained all my clothing

See how this blood comes from people the person has already killed?  This is NOT the case in Rev 19, is it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2013,19:51)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

Kerwin,

The point remains that the actual honest answer to Pierre's question is “JESUS CHRIST”.

But you don't WANT to admit it out loud, so you babble all around the point – as if we are idiots and don't know exactly what you're doing.

Please tell me how the answer to Pierre's question is NOT “Jesus Christ”. Show us all (IN CLEAR WORDS) how that answer is incorrect.

Either that, or ADMIT that it IS the correct answer and be done with it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,07:51)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

Mike,

I have no intentions to give either you or Pierre an answer you can twist to mean what it does not.  When John is speaking of the light and John the Baptist is speaking of Jesus then it is clear the passage is teaching of the light attribute of Jesus. You seem to understand the words “God is love” and yet it appears you cannot understand “I am the light”.

K

you do not have a glimpse of true understanding ,,you are focused on yourself imagination and so can not see the real truth

it does not matter to me that you are following your own thinking ,what bothers me is that it looks like you presented as bible truth ,and that hurts me deep down

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,07:40)

K

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Jn 1:26 “I baptize with water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know.
    Jn 1:27 He is the one who comes after me, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”

Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

T,

John is using John the Baptist's words to teach of the attributes of Jesus.  One is that Jesus is the Light of man, another is that he is the Word of God, yet another is he is a human being.

K

this is were we can see honesty ,and truthfulness of those whom we ask for answers before God presence

T,

I did answer you question in such a way to avoid being misunderstood.  It seems it is not the way you desired.

You seem to understand that love is an attribute of God and yet you are not understanding that light is an attribute of Jesus.  I do not know why that is nor have I any power to change it.

Kerwin

is God change ;scriptures says God almighty is the same in the beginning and at the end of things HE (GOD) NEVER CHANGES ,

SO YOU ARE LOST

T,

The fact that we are not the ones that the various books of Scripture are written to does not mean God changes.  It is us that must change our viewpoint in order to understand Scripture.

k

Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Jn 3:11 I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
    Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

T,

So according to you the viewpoint of the 1st Century is the same viewpoint as the 21st Century.

K

i am always thinking of God's word not of men ,I hope that is what you are talking about as well ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,12:52)

Never claimed it was.

See how this blood comes from people the person has already killed?  This is NOT the case in Rev 19, is it?

Hi Mike,

NO; I said the wording was symbolic and spiritual in nature.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2013,12:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2013,12:52)

Never claimed it was.

Hi Mike,

NO; I said the wording was symbolic and spiritual in nature.

God bless

Mike

eddy,seems not willingly to answer your question, he only sees is way ,he as made his way to be the truth ,and so God and Christ must fallow him ,

I feel sorry for those who follow him in his views and leave the truth in scriptures to follow men doctrines ,

but the Pharisees did so ,and yet they were also well educated in the scriptures

Ed J
    Participant

Is the pot now calling the kettle black? It is not I that is following
    what the systems of religion and the traditions of men teach.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2013,18:43)

edj

no, you have your own made up religion system :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,23:51)

edj

no, you have your own made up religion system  :D

Hi Pierre,

Is that your way of saying that my view will become the orthodox view in about 100 years?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 28 2013,19:02)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,23:51)

edj

no, you have your own made up religion system  :D

Hi Pierre,

Is that your way of saying that my view will become the orthodox view in about 100 years?

God bless

edj

NO,I hope in way less than a 100 years we will not have ignorant people about God on this planet ,all will know the Lord

but in mean time you are just forming another cell of false religion system all among all those that already existing  :D

jammin
    Participant

not yet done?

jesus is the WORD in john 1.1

what else do you need to know?
    if you do not agree, then make your own version lol

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,08:15)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,07:40)

K

T,

K

T,

Kerwin

SO YOU ARE LOST

T,

k

T,

K

i am always thinking of God's word not of men ,I hope that is what you are talking about as well ???

T,

I am speaking of being a Jew to a Jew and a Greek to a Greek. Cultural viewpoint changes over time and place.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2013,08:13)

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2013,07:51)

T,

K

Spot on, Pierre.

Mike,

K

you do not have a glimpse of true understanding ,,you are focused on yourself imagination and so can not see the real truth

it does not matter to me that you are following your own thinking ,what bothers me is that it looks like you presented as bible truth ,and that hurts me deep down

T,

God is Love and Jesus is the Light and the Word. You are the one that wants to claim Love is an attribute of God while denying that the Light and the Word are even though they are written in the same pattern.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,021 through 13,040 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account