JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,521 through 10,540 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 23 2012,10:33)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 22 2012,02:49)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2012,15:24)
    limjunus,

I do believe that I as well as jammin believe in the Nicene Creed as stated here:

I believe in one God,
    the Father Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
    the only begotten Son of God,
    begotten of his Father before all worlds,
    God of God, Light of Light,
    very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,
    being of one substance with the Father;
    by whom all things were made;
    who for us men and for our salvation
      came down from heaven,
    and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost
      of the Virgin Mary,
      and was made man;
    and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered and was buried;
    and the third day he rose again
      according to the Scriptures,
    and ascended into heaven,
    and sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
    and he shall come again, with glory,
      to judge both the quick and the dead;
    whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost the Lord, and Giver of Live,
    who proceedeth from the Father [and the Son];
    who with the Father and the Son together
      is worshiped and glorified;
    who spake by the Prophets.
    And I believe one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church;
    I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins;
    and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
       and the life of the world to come. AMEN.

Do you disagree with any part/parts of this?

Lightenup,

I am firmly stand to disagree.

That is your beliefs and everyone in this world is entitle to any belief, as long he is responsible to it at any cost.

As we have aware that the whole world is under the Satan's ruled.

The main mission of the true preachers of God, is to rescue the sons and daughters of the Almighty God, from the bondage of sins … rescuing and transferring them from the kingdom of darkness to the lightness kingdom of God through and with His son Jesus Christ.

The power of God, for the salvation of souls is the righteousness of God, the gospel of Christ.

Limjunus,
    Would you mind making the parts in that creed bold that you don't agree with. Certainly you don't disagree with everything  ???

Thanks!

limjunus,
    I was hoping you would respond to this by bolding what you don't believe.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 23 2012,16:36)
    You are the one to be deemed not a worthy witness, because you are corrupting the words of God by adding or inserting your own understanding.

Your own human reasoning and false arguments must be rejected and destroyed.

REFUSING TO COMMENT AND TO STRENGHTEN YOUR ARGUMENT USING SCRIPTURES,IS A PROOF THAT YOU ARE NOT IN THE TRUTH.

IN THE SAME TIME REFUSING TO LEAD OTHERS TO THE TRUTH, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING YOURSELF IN THE TRUTH, YOU WOULD BE REJECTING YOUR OWN BELIEF,WHICH IS AN OBLIGATION AS A CHRISTIAN TO LEAD OTHERS TO THE TRUTH.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

b]You are the one to be deemed not a worthy witness, because you are corrupting the words of God by adding or inserting your own understanding.

What I really meant is, post the Bible verses as what it was written. Do not add or do not subtract it by inserting your “beliefs”.

Your own human reasoning and false arguments must be rejected and be destroyed.

What I really meant is, Your own understanding and conclusions that is not in accord with the real meaning of the Bible verses you have presented.

Rejecting my own belief?

My belief is not mine. It is purely come from the Bible contexts.

I did not made it by my own. I am just reading it and sharing it with you.

God bless you.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2012,15:27)
    Frank,
    you said:

No, what you have presented certainly does not lend any “help” in this matter!

Sorry you think so. Nevertheless, I have found a great deal of support from the early church on John 1:18 saying 'the only begotten God.'

I don't want to argue this with you.

Lightenup,

We are to get our doctrine for reproof, for correction and instruction in righteousness from Scripture and from what Yahshua and the apostles taught in accordance with Scripture, not from the so called “church” that were the very product of the “falling away” with their paganistic practices against the truth that Yahshua and the apostles taught. Note that Yahshua and the apostles were “thoroughly furnished for every righteous work”. Note also that the people of Berea “were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures [*the so-called 'Old Testament' which is Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word] daily, whether those things were so.” I myself certainly have no need for the false doctrines developed by the so-called “[pagan] church” after the death of Yahshua and the apostles.

*NOTE: The so-called “New Testament” was not even in existence at this time.

And the brethren immediately, through the night, sent forth both Shaul and Silas to Berea, who having come, went to the synagogue of the Yahdahim; and these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures [the so-called 'Old Testament' which is Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word] daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honorable women who were Greeks, and of men, not a few (Acts 17:10-12).

All Scripture is given by inspiration of Yahweh, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of Yahweh may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all righteous works (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 24 2012,17:00)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 24 2012,16:25)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 24 2012,16:09)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 23 2012,13:54)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 20 2012,10:21)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 19 2012,04:19)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,11:29)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 18 2012,23:40)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 19 2012,02:10)
    limjunus,
    Jesus IS the true only begotten God.

Lightenup,

The rightful way to express is, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and [/B]“not begotten God”.

:D

limjunus,

Scripture disagrees with you:
    John 1:18
    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Kathi,

That passage is speaking of the Spirit by personifying it; which is why it uses the word “one”.  It is the Spirit that knows the deep things of God; and those to whom the Spirit reveals them.  Jesus is his primary student and the man by whom all others come to know God.

Hi Kerwin,
    I do not see anything like what you say in the early church's understanding of this verse. The Son is said to be the 'firstborn' and the Holy Spirit is not said to the 'firstborn.'

God bless!

Kathi,

I know little of such writings you speak of but I do know Scripture declares the Spirit is the only one that knows the things of God and reveals them to whom it chooses.  

Jesus is the only man that knows the things of God because the Spirit revealed them to him.  In union with the Spirit he then reveals them to who he chooses.

There cannot be two that know the things of God until the Spirit has revealed them to the second. At that point there are two that know, not one.  John 1:18 speaks of the first one in 1  Corinthians 2:11 and clearly that is also the one John 1:18 speaks of; and therefore he is calling the Spirit the Son.

Perhaps it will help to think of it this way; The Spirit personified as the Son comes to dwell in Jesus, thus making him the Son of God.

Kerwin,

Let us face the truth. The wills of God, has been twisted by His No. 1-enemy, Satan and his angels;the Dragon, the Beast, the false Prophet and the three unclean spirits;demon spirit; decieving the kings and the whole world. Gathering them for a battle agaisnt the great day of the Almighty God. (Ref: Revelation 16:13-14 NKJV)

he Battle mentioned in Revelation 16:14, is the battle against the “false doctrines” of the devil” who deceived the whole world, including the Kings (supporting the false doctrines).

The following are the very strong evidences with what I have trying to share about.  It is not just plain reasoning and arguments from my brain and from the unseen world of darkness. It is the very powerful weapon of Christ, the words of God, taken from the Bible.

As what apostle Paul said: Ephesians 6:12 New Living Translation (NLT)

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies (actual wars in this visible world), but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”

Our battle is against what? (a.) Against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, (b.) against mighty powers in the dark world, (c.) against the evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Rev. 16:13-14)

you are using again the NLT.
    NLT believes Christ is God but you dont LOL

make your own version LOL

Jammin,

NLT is not believing that Jesus Christ is God.

The person who is reading the NLT like you, is the one saying Jesus Christ is true God.

By the way, you owe me a lot of answers.

Why until now you have failed to answer my questions?

Is that meant by failing to answer my question is your silent admission that you are wrong with your Bible understanding?

So, if not, why you can not able to answer?

really??/

let me post NLT
    Philippians 2:6

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

consult a psychiatrist boy LOL

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2012,06:13)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    Please consider the following study link which follows the author's quote where the author concludes “The evidence at hand is inconclusive at best. …” concerning Yahchanan [John] 1:18:

I agree.  Going off of the information we currently have on the subject, the truth of the matter is inconclusive.

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 21 2012,18:52)
    My stance would be IF “the only begotten God” were a more accurate translation than “the only begotten Son“, then the word “God” or “god” would simply be in reference to “power (authority), strength, or might”

I agree with this also.  Jesus being called “el” and “theos” in scripture does NOT mean he is the Most High God.  But, after all, the words “el” and “theos” DO refer to ones who have “power, strength, and might”.  And there are MANY of those taught about in scripture………….. and One who is the God OF those ones.

To ALL,

Just to make it quite clear, mikebull's64 and I do not agree as he would deceptively want you to believe!  :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 25 2012,09:58)

limjunus,

Lightenup,

The rightful way to express is, Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God and [/B]“not begotten God”.

limjunus,

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Kathi,

That passage is speaking of the Spirit by personifying it; which is why it uses the word “one”.  It is the Spirit that knows the deep things of God; and those to whom the Spirit reveals them.  Jesus is his primary student and the man by whom all others come to know God.

Hi Kerwin,
    I do not see anything like what you say in the early church's understanding of this verse. The Son is said to be the 'firstborn' and the Holy Spirit is not said to the 'firstborn.'

God bless!

Kathi,

I know little of such writings you speak of but I do know Scripture declares the Spirit is the only one that knows the things of God and reveals them to whom it chooses.  

Jesus is the only man that knows the things of God because the Spirit revealed them to him.  In union with the Spirit he then reveals them to who he chooses.

There cannot be two that know the things of God until the Spirit has revealed them to the second. At that point there are two that know, not one.  John 1:18 speaks of the first one in 1  Corinthians 2:11 and clearly that is also the one John 1:18 speaks of; and therefore he is calling the Spirit the Son.

Perhaps it will help to think of it this way; The Spirit personified as the Son comes to dwell in Jesus, thus making him the Son of God.

Kerwin,

Let us face the truth. The wills of God, has been twisted by His No. 1-enemy, Satan and his angels;the Dragon, the Beast, the false Prophet and the three unclean spirits;demon spirit; decieving the kings and the whole world. Gathering them for a battle agaisnt the great day of the Almighty God. (Ref: Revelation 16:13-14 NKJV)

he Battle mentioned in Revelation 16:14, is the battle against the “false doctrines” of the devil” who deceived the whole world, including the Kings (supporting the false doctrines).

The following are the very strong evidences with what I have trying to share about.  It is not just plain reasoning and arguments from my brain and from the unseen world of darkness. It is the very powerful weapon of Christ, the words of God, taken from the Bible.

“For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies (actual wars in this visible world), but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.”

Our battle is against what? (a.) Against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, (b.) against mighty powers in the dark world, (c.) against the evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Rev. 16:13-14)

Jammin,

The person who is reading the NLT like you, is the one saying Jesus Christ is true God.

Is that meant by failing to answer my question is your silent admission that you are wrong with your Bible understanding?

really??/

let me post NLT

6 Though he was God,    he did not think of equality with God

What a poor and contradictory translation! :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

there is no contradiction there. you just do not know how to read your bible LOL

make your own version that will support your illusion LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

That's NOT what Phil.2:6 says; but this is…

2:5 τουτο γαρ φρονεισθω εν υμιν ο και εν χριστω ιησου
    2:6 ος εν μορφη θεου υπαρχων ουχ αρπαγμον ηγησατο το ειναι ισα θεω

(Phil 2:5-6) 2:5 This understanding is in you in Christ Jesus:
    2:6 In the form that God exists, think it not robbery to be considered equal.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 25 2012,16:41)
    Hi Jammin,

That's NOT what Phil.2:6 says; but this is…

2:5 τουτο γαρ φρονεισθω εν υμιν ο και εν χριστω ιησου
    2:6 ος εν μορφη θεου υπαρχων ουχ αρπαγμον ηγησατο το ειναι ισα θεω

(Phil 2:5-6) 2:5 This understanding is in you in Christ Jesus:
    2:6 In the form that God exists, think it not robbery to be considered equal.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

That “divine nature” YOU MIGHT someday have. (NOTE: see highlighted part)

“According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness,
    through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding
    great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,
    having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (2 Peter 1:3-4)

That is of course if you put on the “New Man”! (Eph.4:24)

God bless

jammin
    Participant

you cant understand your bible bec you do not know how to read the context ed

the bible is not like a pocket book that you can pick another page

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Is not the bible consistent without?

God bless

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Feb. 01 2012,14:46)
    anyone from the anti christ group willing to answer this topic?

The challenge with a sure description of “anti-Christ” to the opposition.

There is something un-usual with question.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 25 2012,10:03)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 25 2012,09:58)

limjunus,

Lightenup,

limjunus,

Kathi,

Hi Kerwin,

God bless!

Kathi,

Kerwin,

Jammin,

really??/

let me post NLT

What a poor and contradictory translation! :laugh:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN
    ONE?

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Jammin,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 25 2012,18:24)
    you cant understand your bible bec you do not know how to read the context ed

the bible is not like a pocket book that you can pick another page

Sorry Jammin,

But that's what the bible teaches.

God bless

limjunus
    Participant

Jammin,

As what I have said. I will not post again with this thread, but Jammin, owe me a lot of answers.

I am just following it.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 25 2012,01:13)

limjunus,

I do believe that I as well as jammin believe in the Nicene Creed as stated here:

I believe in one God,
    the Father Almighty,

very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,
      came down from heaven,
      of the Virgin Mary,
      and was made man;

Lightenup,

That is your beliefs and everyone in this world is entitle to any belief, as long he is responsible to it at any cost.

The main mission of the true preachers of God, is to rescue the sons and daughters of the Almighty God, from the bondage of sins … rescuing and transferring them from the kingdom of darkness to the lightness kingdom of God through and with His son Jesus Christ.

The power of God, for the salvation of souls is the righteousness of God, the gospel of Christ.

Limjunus,
    Would you mind making the parts in that creed bold that you don't agree with. Certainly you don't disagree with everything  ???

Thanks!

limjunus,

I do not agreed or I did not believe: The bold paragraphs.

very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 25 2012,20:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 25 2012,01:13)

limjunus,

I believe in one God,
    the Father Almighty,

very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,
      came down from heaven,
      of the Virgin Mary,
      and was made man;

Lightenup,

Limjunus,

Thanks!

limjunus,

I do not agreed or I did not believe: The bold paragraphs.

very God of very God,
    begotten, not made,

Here is my belief foundation:

Isa. 43:10 NKJV
    10. “You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.

Mal. 2:10 NKJV
    10. Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously with one another By profaning the covenant of the fathers?

John 17:1-3 NKJV
    1. Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2. as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1 Cor. 8:4,6 NKJV
    4. Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
    6. yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

I will go also to another important matter or I shall make a new thread.

Thank you very much for allowing me with you here with this thread. John 1:1
    God bless you all.

Lightenup
    Participant

Limjunus,
    Thank you for your response, apparently you do not believe a portion of the Nicene creed because you believe that it contradicts those verses that you put up for your 'belief foundation' but they do not contradict them with correct understanding.

In the OT, God works through His power and wisdom, His 'arm' and His 'Word.' Therefore He speaks of  Himself as one with His power and wisdom. In the NT, He reveals His 'Arm' and His 'Word' as the only begotten God, His only begotten Son, our Lord in whom we must know and believe in for eternal life.

1 John 5:9If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son. 10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son. 11And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

From what you say, you do not believe in the only begotten Son as a literal Son, as one who is like the one who begat Him, i.e.  very God of very God, Light of Light, as would be the case for a literal son. I do believe in a literal only begotten son as do those who agree with the Nicene Creed. We can't both be right. ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 23 2012,16:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 24 2012,08:48)
    The Greek word “proskuneo” can either refer to the worship that is only due God, or the act of bowing down to another person to show reverence.

In the case of Jesus, it is properly translated as “did obeisance to” – like the NWT renders it.  Jesus himself told us who ALONE to worship in Matthew 4:10.

the translators of NWT have no enough knowledge about greek mike.
    that is the only version that you can use to support your imagination.

they worshiped jesus. that is what the bible says

First of all, the NWT IS a Bible, jammin, so you can't just say, “That is what the Bible says” – as if all Bibles say the exact same thing.

Secondly, can you refute my claim that the Greek word “proskuneo” is used in scripture to refer to the worship of God Almighty…………………… AND …………….. to the bowing down to others to show reverence?  YES or NO?

proskuneo
    3) in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication
      3a) used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank

And thirdly:
    John 9 NIV
    35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.”

37 Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”

38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.

39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

Now, consider that at this time, the Pharisees were on a mission to find ANY reason at all to have Jesus killed.  Do you seriously think that these Pharisees WATCHED this formerly blind man WORSHIP Jesus as if he were God, and said nothing to the man or to Jesus?   ???

Do you think that this formerly blind man, who just then learned that Jesus was the SON OF MAN, figured in his own brain that “Son of Man” equals “God Almighty”, and decided that Jesus WAS God Almighty and worshiped him?  ???

Let the scriptures teach you, jammin.  Don't try to teach the scriptures, okay?

The NWT translates John 9:38 correctly:
    Then he said: “I do put faith [in him], Lord.” And he did obeisance to him.

So do these other BIBLES:
    Young's Literal Translation
    and he said, 'I believe, sir,' and bowed before him.

Weymouth New Testament
    “I believe, Sir,” he said. And he threw himself at His feet.

Darby Bible Translation
    And he said, I believe, Lord: and he did him homage.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And he said: I believe, Lord. And falling down, he adored him.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    The man bowed in front of Jesus and said, “I believe, Lord.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 23 2012,23:04)
    I showed Mike at least 17 passages in the NT that show that Jesus was worshiped. He was worshiped as the Son of God…clearly!

Kathi,

I can show you MANY scriptures that tell us to worship ONLY Jehovah, our God……………….. in at least two of them, it is JESUS doing the speaking.

Can you show me the ONE scripture in the Bible that tells us to worship Jehovah, our God…………….. AND His Son?

If you cannot, then it seems it is YOU who is understanding the Greek word “proskuneo” wrong in the NT.

Viewing 20 posts - 10,521 through 10,540 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account