JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,141 through 10,160 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 12 2012,11:25)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 12 2012,01:41)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 11 2012,02:15)
    there is ONE God the only son
    there is ONE God the father

And how many Almighty Gods does “ONE” plus “ONE” equal, jammin?

mike the nature of God is almighty

i told that if you are God, you are almighty

mike..try to think about your argument. even logic will never accept your argument.

you believe that the son is God and not GOD..the father is GOD to you and not God.

if i will follow your argument, you are Human and your father is HUMAN..

non sense argument you have mike.

why dont you accept the truth of the bible and stop making stories.
    the son and the father have the same nature, God.
    phil 2.6 john 1.1

THE BIBLE SAID THAT CHRIST IS EQUAL WITH GOD. i know you do not believe these words of paul.
    do not be a hard headed mike. obey the true teachings of the apostles. do not obey the teachings of men

Jammin logic again? not from biblical reasons.

Jammin said, God is nature.

Bible said God is spirit. (John 4:24 NKJV)

Jammin said: Jesus is God, the same nature of God, a spirit.

Bible said: Jesus is a man (ACTS 2:22 nkjv)

:ghostface:

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 12 2012,08:25)
    THE BIBLE SAID THAT CHRIST IS EQUAL WITH GOD. i know you do not believe these words of paul.

jammin, What verse are you referring to?

Thanks – Wm

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 12 2012,18:29)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,18:18)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 12 2012,01:38)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 10 2012,23:05)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 11 2012,11:54)
     Since we know that Jesus is also called our Savior, and we know that Jesus is not Jehovah, then it proves the claim in Isaiah 43:11 to be an emphatic statement, and not a literal one.

Hi Mike,

I thought it instead “proved” that Jesus was God. :D

Trinitarians make that claim, Ed.  But if they were to be consistent across the board, they would then also have to say the saviors God sent in Nehemiah 9:27 were God Himself.

Hi Mike,

So you agree with me then that it doesn't prove “Jesus is God”,
    well, for the same reason it DOESN'T prove your point either.  

I will explain why (see Isa 1:18) it does, though, point to what I have been telling you “IS TRUE”.  
       (The least of which is: Moses was sent in God's stead, and Jesus was sent in God's stead.)

You have said that this verse (in essence) is untrue…
    “Is there 'a God' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no God'; I know not any.”  (Isa 44:8)

Mike's interpretive adjustment…
    “Is there 'a mighty one' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no mighty one'; I know not any.”  (Isa 44:8)
           …this interpretation presents a number of problems.

Ed's explanation (using Dr.Strong's definition of “EL”)…
    “Is there “an Almighty” beside me? yea,
    there is “no other Almighty”; I know not any.”  (Isa 44:8)

“YHVH is GOD”(117), he alone is “The Savior”(117),
    because he has sent others to do his saving; PERIOD!       ….He did NOT send others to be a god; NOT even Jesus, nor Moses.

Moses was not sent as a god,              …so this is NOT the same as God sending saviors  –  as your faulty tie-in would try to suggest.
    but as a representative of GOD!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org                                                                

The true God, know not any God. except Himself.

Sent by God, means: God alone is the sender not the one had sent…. they were the representative of the one and only true God.
    :ghostface:

Hi limjunus,

Thanks for agreeing!

“Jesus is Lord”(151) <– See Fourth post on this link
    holycitybiblecode.org

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 12 2012,01:25)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 10 2012,19:34)
    Mike,

This also goes to show that you make Yahweh our Heavenly Father and Creator out to be a liar and that what His word actually says can not be trusted without your perversion applied to it!

I'm just following scripture, Frank.  Tell me how, according to Nehemiah, Jehovah could have SENT many saviors (the early judges of Israel) if He was LITERALLY the ONLY savior.

How could He have SENT Jesus into the world to be our savior if He is LITERALLY the ONLY one?

The teaching is:  Without me, there would be no savior.

Mike,

Yes, Father Yahweh has sent many redeemers into the world that act on His behalf as our one and only Supreme Redeemer.

:laugh: How convenient that you have found a translation that perverts Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word to fit your perverted doctrine:

Your personal translation:

The teaching is:  Without me, there would be no savior.

More accurate translations:

New International Version (©1984)
    I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    “I, even I, am the LORD, And there is no savior besides Me.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    I alone am the LORD, and there is no savior except me.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    I, even I, am the LORD; and besides me there is no savior.

American King James Version
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

American Standard Version
    I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    I am, I am the Lord: and there is no saviour besides me.

Darby Bible Translation
    I, I am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour.

English Revised Version
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Webster's Bible Translation
    I, even I, am the LORD; and besides me there is no savior.

World English Bible
    I myself am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.

Young's Literal Translation
    I — I am Jehovah, And besides Me there is no saviour.
    SOURCE

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 11 2012,18:25)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 12 2012,01:41)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 11 2012,02:15)
    there is ONE God the only son
    there is ONE God the father

And how many Almighty Gods does “ONE” plus “ONE” equal, jammin?

mike the nature of God is almighty

That's the wrong answer, jammin. (The correct answer is “TWO”………….. ONE plus ONE equals TWO.)

So, if you worship Jesus as your God, and you worship Jehovah as your God, then you worship TWO Gods – plain and simple.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 11 2012,16:31)
    Mike,

Nowhere in Scripture is Yahshua called “a god”.

Yep. Nowhere except for Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8, and POSSIBLY Titus 2:13 and a couple of other places.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,01:18)
    Hi Mike,

So you agree with me then that it doesn't prove “Jesus is God”……….

Have I ever claimed Jesus is God?   ???

As for the rest of your post, I will put this as simply as I can:

When Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, it is an EMPHATICAL statement, and not a LITERAL one.  We know this because we know from scripture that Jehovah SENT many OTHER saviors.

Likewise, when Jehovah says there is no el apart from Him, it is also an EMPHATICAL statement, and not a LITERAL one.  And likewise, we know this because we know from scripture that Jehovah SENT many other elohim.  Deborah is one of them.  Jesus is another.  The angel that came to Manoah was another.  The angel that wrestled with Jacob was another.

See Ed?  We KNOW these things because scripture TEACHES these things.

Ed, answer this one simple question for me:  How can Jehovah be the El of elohim (God of gods) if there exist no other gods for Him to be the God of?  ???

Just stop and THINK for a minute.

At any rate, you can go on accepting the politically correct “one literal el” theory if you want to.  As for me, I will continue to accept what the scriptures actually TEACH.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Sep. 12 2012,20:01)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 12 2012,08:25)

jammin, What verse are you referring to?

Thanks – Wm

seekingtruth (wm),

What jammit is giving reference to I believe, is where in the book of Philippians Shaul makes mention that Yahshua was in the “FORM of Yahweh WHEN HE WAS HERE IN THE WORLD. I believe he is using the word 'form' to push the doctrine that Yahshua was of the same “nature” as Yahweh and since he believes that Father Yahweh is “God”, he also believes that Yahshua must be of the same “nature” and also be “God”. He is also taking into consideration a translation (e.g. King James Bible – Cambridge Ed., Douay-Rheims Bible, Young's Literal Translation, Webster's Bible Translation, American King James Version, etc.) in the same verse where it says “thought it not robbery to be equal with God.” Following are what I believe to be more accurate translations of the verse:

New International Version (©1984)
    Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

New Living Translation (©2007)
    Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

International Standard Version (©2008)
    In God's own form existed he, and shared with God equality, deemed nothing needed grasping.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    He who, while he was in the form of God, did not esteem this as a prize, that he was the equal of God,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not a thing to be grasped to be equal with God:

American Standard Version
    who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,

Weymouth New Testament
    Although from the beginning He had the nature of God He did not reckon His equality with God a treasure to be tightly grasped.

World English Bible
    who, existing in the form of God, didn't consider equality with God a thing to be grasped,

English Revised Version
    who, being in the form of God, counted it not a prize to be on an equality with God,
    SOURCE

I believe these translations take into consideration what is said in the next verse in saying: “But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: …” (King James Bible – Cambridge Ed.) and bring it into harmony with Scripture as a whole. In other words, Yahshua humbled himself as his and our Father Yahweh's servant fulfilling the prophecy of his being His humble servant. Yahshua did not “empty” himself of being a pre-existent “god” as many deceptively force, twist and pervert this passage to say.

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 12 2012,15:41)
    Mike,

Yes, Father Yahweh has sent many redeemers into the world that act on His behalf as our one and only Supreme Redeemer.

Bravo, Frank!

So you ARE capable of understanding an EMPHATICAL statement after all!  Good for you.  :)

When Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, it is an EMPHATICAL statement meaning that He alone is the SUPREME REDEEMER!  You are absolutely correct on this one.

Now, you only need to apply this same understanding to Isaiah 44:8.

Just remember that Jehovah cannot POSSIBLY be the “Most High God” unless there exist other, lower gods for Him to be HIGHER than.

He cannot POSSIBLY be the “God of gods” unless there exist other gods for Him to be the God OF.

And He cannot POSSIBLY be the “Almighty God” unless there exist other gods who are not quite as mighty as Him.

Just stop and think about those things for a minute, Frank. I did not make those things up – they are all right from scripture.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:22)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,01:18)
    Hi Mike,

So you agree with me then that it doesn't prove “Jesus is God”……….

Have I ever claimed Jesus is God?   ???

As for the rest of your post, I will put this as simply as I can:

When Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, it is an EMPHATICAL statement, and not a LITERAL one.  We know this because we know from scripture that Jehovah SENT many OTHER saviors.

Likewise, when Jehovah says there is no el apart from Him, it is also an EMPHATICAL statement, and not a LITERAL one.  And likewise, we know this because we know from scripture that Jehovah SENT many other elohim.  Deborah is one of them.  Jesus is another.  The angel that came to Manoah was another.  The angel that wrestled with Jacob was another.

See Ed?  We KNOW these things because scripture TEACHES these things.

Ed, answer this one simple question for me:  How can Jehovah be the El of elohim (God of gods) if there exist no other gods for Him to be the God of?  ???

Just stop and THINK for a minute.

At any rate, you can go on accepting the politically correct “one literal el” theory if you want to.  As for me, I will continue to accept what the scriptures actually TEACH.

Hi Mike,

Isaiah 44:8 means there is no other “Almighty”, of course there are other 'mighty ones'.
    We have been through this many times now, why do you continue to persist?
    God does not send gods, this is merely your illusion that he does.

You can go on promoting the 'only one EL definition' theory if you want to.
    As for me, I will continue to accept what the scriptures actually TEACH.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:32)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 12 2012,15:41)
    Mike,

Bravo, Frank!

So you ARE capable of understanding an EMPHATICAL statement after all!  Good for you.  :)

When Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, it is an EMPHATICAL statement meaning that He alone is the SUPREME REDEEMER!  You are absolutely correct on this one.

Now, you only need to apply this same understanding to Isaiah 44:8.

Just remember that Jehovah cannot POSSIBLY be the “Most High God” unless there exist other, lower gods for Him to be HIGHER than.

He cannot POSSIBLY be the “God of gods” unless there exist other gods for Him to be the God OF.

And He cannot POSSIBLY be the “Almighty God” unless there exist other gods who are not quite as mighty as Him.

Just stop and think about those things for a minute, Frank.  I did not make those things up – they are all right from scripture.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:32)
    I did not make those things up – they are all right from scripture.

Hi Mike,

You made those things up – all right from your interpretation of scripture.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Emphatical statement test for Ed and Frank……………

Overheard from a Denver Broncos fan:  There are no quarterbacks besides Payton Manning!

Is this statement:

A.  Literal, meaning that Payton Manning is LITERALLY the ONLY football quarterback in existence?

B.  Emphatical, meaning that, from the viewpoint of the speaker, Payton Manning is the BEST quarterback in existence?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,16:37)
    Isaiah 44:8 means there is no other “Almighty”, of course there are other 'mighty ones'.

Ed,

In Isaiah 44:8, Jehovah asks, “Is there an el besides me?”

Well Ed, is there? Is there any other being who is ever called “el” or “elohim” in scripture? YES or NO?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:08)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 11 2012,16:31)
    Mike,

Nowhere in Scripture is Yahshua called “a god”.

Yep.  Nowhere except for Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8, and POSSIBLY Titus 2:13 and a couple of other places.

Mike,

Yahshua is also not called “a god” in any of the verses that you have presented.

Isayah 9:6:

Does Isayah 9:6 Proclaim Yahshua To Be Yahweh?
    Does Isaiah 9:6 Claim That “Jesus is God”?

Yahchanan 1:1:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Yahchanan 20:28:

Did Thomas Call Yahshua “God”?

Hebrews 1:8:

Did Father Yahweh call His Son “God”?

And as for your POSSIBLY, you know full well that you are using perverted translation to push your perverted doctrine! :laugh:

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,16:41)
    Hi Mike,

You made those things up – all right from your interpretation of scripture.

That's the kind of LIES that cause members here to get tiles, Ed.

Is Jehovah called “the God of gods”? YES or NO?

Is He called “the Almighty God”? YES or NO?

Is He called “the Most High God”? YES or NO?

Show me which of those things I made up, or retract your statement.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:41)

Overheard from a Denver Broncos fan:  There are no quarterbacks besides Payton Manning!

Is this statement:

A.  Literal, meaning that Payton Manning is LITERALLY the ONLY football quarterback in existence?

B.  Emphatical, meaning that, from the viewpoint of the speaker, Payton Manning is the BEST quarterback in existence?

Three big logic fallacies that I see presented here:  (Link)

1. Opinions: opinions are presented as evidence.
    2. Scenarios: scenarios are presented as proof.
    3. Consensus: consensus is seen as conformation.

Your post exhibits logic fallacies number 1 and 2;
    now call for Pierre and you'll win the trifecta!

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 12 2012,16:28)
    in the book of Philippians Shaul makes mention that Yahshua was in the “FORM of Yahweh WHEN HE WAS HERE IN THE WORLD.

Hmmm………… So Jesus already WAS a human being when he was “made in the likeness of a human being”? ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:45)

Ed,

Well Ed, is there?  Is there any other being who is ever called “el” or “elohim” in scripture?  YES or NO?

Hi Mike: of course, but that in NO WAY proves your case.

“EL” defines as “The Almighty” for YHVH, and 'mighty ones' for all others.

Mike's interpretive adjustment…
    “Is there 'a mighty one' beside me? yea,
    there is 'no mighty one'; I know not any.”  (Isa 44:8)
           …this interpretation presents a number of problems.

Ed's explanation (using Dr.Strong's definition of “EL”)…
    “Is there “an Almighty” beside me? yea,
    there is “no other Almighty”; I know not any.”  (Isa 44:8)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,16:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:41)

Is this statement:

Three big logic fallacies that I see presented here……………

Are you unable to figure out the answer, my friend?  Would you like a hint?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 13 2012,09:45)

Ed,

Well Ed, is there?  Is there any other being who is ever called “el” or “elohim” in scripture?  YES or NO?

Mike,

You know full well that there is no other source of power other than Father Yahweh and that this verse of Scripture and many other verses and passages of Scripture prove your belief that Yahshua pre-existed as “a god” beside his and our Father Yahweh in the beginning to be foolish, false, deceptive and demonic.  :laugh:

Isayah 9:6:

Does Isayah 9:6 Proclaim Yahshua To Be Yahweh?
    Does Isaiah 9:6 Claim That “Jesus is God”?

Yahchanan 1:1:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Yahchanan 20:28:

Did Thomas Call Yahshua “God”?

Hebrews 1:8:

Did Father Yahweh call His Son “God”?

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,141 through 10,160 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account