JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,881 through 9,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2012,05:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 28 2012,09:56)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 26 2012,21:12)
    these people are putting their own words in the bible.
    there is no “IN” in john 1.1 and 1.14

You are right.  That's why Ed has to bring the word “IN” from a completely different scripture in 2 Cor to help him “twist” John 1:14.

Ed, you're not allowed to borrow the word “IN” from 2 Cor 5:19 and place it into John 1:14.  :)

(Btw, “NO”, it is not “an alternate account of John 1:14”.  Nor would it teach what you want it to teach if it was.  The Word became flesh and had the glory of the Son of God, right?  So if you are saying the Word WAS God, then you are also saying that God became flesh and had the glory of His own Son.)

Hi Mike,

“the Word was God” (John 1:1)
    “God was in Christ” (2 Cor 5:19)

Big stretch huh?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

LOL

keep dreaming ed
    LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 28 2012,08:22)
    there is nothing wrong with man and a man.

You are correct, jammin.  As I explained just recently, if one is “man” qualitatively, then he is “a man”.  I am MAN (of the species known as “mankind”), and therefore I am A MAN.  So whether or not you add the “A”, it means the same thing.

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 28 2012,08:22)
    God said he is a God.

Once again, you are correct.  Jehovah is A god.  He is one of MANY gods we learn about in the scriptures.  What sets Jehovah apart from all those other gods (like Jesus and Satan) is the fact that He alone created all things (including those other gods), and He alone is the MOST HIGH God.

jammin, the Father is the MOST HIGH God.  Jesus is His Son, and therefore not the same being as the Father, and therefore not the MOST HIGH God.

I am happy to see you posting scriptural truth though.  Keep up the good work.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 28 2012,13:59)

Hi Mike,

Big stretch huh?

Ed J,

TWO THUMBS WAY UP! :)

Mike,

So it is now known that you have been owned! :D

Dear Ed, Siskel, and Ebert,

1.  If the Word was the Most High God in John 1:1, then who was the God that the Word was with?

2.  Your understanding STILL relies on ADDING the word “IN” into John 1:14.  That word is not in any Greek text, so why would you take it upon yourself to add words to the scriptures, thereby completely changing the teaching?

Let's follow your teaching that the Word was the Most High God for a minute, Ed.  I will swap out the pronouns that refer to “the Word” with the words “God Most High“.

John 1
    2 He God Most High was with God in the beginning.

9 The true light God Most High, that gives light to every man, was coming into the world.

10 He God Most High was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

11 He God Most High came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

14 The Word God Most High became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his God Most High's glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Does that sound about right to you Ed?  How about to you Siskel and Ebert?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2012,09:28)

Hi Mike,

Big stretch huh?

Ed J,

Mike,

1.  If the Word was the Most High God in John 1:1, then who was the God that the Word was with?

2.  Your understanding STILL relies on ADDING the word “IN” into John 1:14.  That word is not in any Greek text, so why would you take it upon yourself to add words to the scriptures, thereby completely changing the teaching?

Let's follow your teaching that the Word was the Most High God for a minute, Ed.  I will swap out the pronouns that refer to “the Word” with the words “God Most High“.

John 1

9 The true light God Most High, that gives light to every man, was coming into the world.

10 He God Most High was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

11 He God Most High came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

14 The Word God Most High became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his God Most High's glory, the glory of the only begotten, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Mike,

Just another one of your perversions of what is actually being said! :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2012,08:52)

LOL

keep dreaming ed
    LOL

Jammin,

That is what the bible says, Jammin.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Big stretch huh?

Ed J,

Mike,

John 1

Hi Mike,

You don't pay attention very well.

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”  (Link)
    Traditions of men say otherwise, why?

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Galatians 4:4. Yeshua “CAME FROM” the Father, just as you and I “came from” our fleshly fathers. Yeshua clearly had a beginning — and the apostle Paul tells us what that beginning was :

But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law.

Again, the word translated “MADE” in this scripture is word #1096 in Strong's Greek Dictionary, and means —

1096. …. ginomai, ghin'-om-ahee; a prol. and mid. form of a prim. verb; to cause to be (“gen”-erate), i.e. (reflex.) to become (come into being),

Thayer's Greek Lexicon again shows us word #1096 to mean —

1. to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being: absol., Jn. 1. 15, 30 (….); Jn. viii. 58 (….); 1 Cor. xv. 37 (….); …., to be born, Ro. i. 3 (…., come from); of the origin of all things, Heb. x1. 3; …, Jn. i. 3, 10.

As a result, the CORRECT translation of Galatians 4:4 should be:

But when the appointed time had fully come, YEHOVAH sent forth His son, coming into existence from a woman, coming into existence under the subjection of the Law.

Yeshua the Messiah came into existence from a woman — and came into existence under the Law. All the scriptures agree that Yeshua came into EXISTENCE in the FLESH — and not one second before! However, due to the corruptions of the translators, KEY verses in the Bible were changed by ADDING words or by DECEPTIVE renderings. History shows that we have Constantine the “Great” — the so-called “savior” of Christianity — to thank for helping to establish a corrupted and pagan Christianity that features the doctrines of a PRE-EXISTENT SAVIOR within a Trinity.
    SOURCE

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 28 2012,16:44)
    John 1

Does that sound about right to you Ed? How about to you Siskel and Ebert?[/quote]
    Mike,

I agree that my makeshift translation was a perversion, Frank. But it was not MY perversion. It was ED's perversion, for which you gave him “two thumbs way up”.

All I did was take YOUR perversion and write it into the book of John.

Btw, I thought that you believed the Word was “sublime”, and not “God Himself”. Why then, would you give a high five to Ed when he is claiming that the Word actually is God Most High?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2012,16:55)

John 1

Hi Mike,

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”  

It seems that YOU don't even pay attention to YOUR OWN doctrine, Ed. Yes, I know that you say the Word is the Holy Spirit, but you also say the Holy Spirit IS God Most High.

So my “translation” of John 1 still lays YOUR belief out for all to see. And I've asked you if what I wrote is what you believe. Well…………… is it?

(I also asked you: If the Word is God Most High Himself, then who is the “God” that the Word was WITH in the beginning? Please answer the question.)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 29 2012,09:52)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 29 2012,08:52)

LOL

keep dreaming ed
    LOL

Jammin,

That is what the bible says, Jammin.    

God bless

the Word is Christ in john 1.1
    2 cor has nothing to do with john 1.1

read the context boy

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2012,10:39)

John 1

Mike,

I agree that my makeshift translation was a perversion, Frank.  But it was not MY perversion.  It was ED's perversion, for which you gave him “two thumbs way up”.

Btw, I thought that you believed the Word was “sublime”, and not “God Himself”.  Why then, would you give a high five to Ed when he is claiming that the Word actually is God Most High?[/quote]
    Mike,

No, it most definitely another one of your argumentative perversions of what is actually being said as always!  :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Mike,

No, it most definitely another one of your argumentative perversions of what is actually being said as always!  :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

jammin
    Participant

mike said: Jehovah is A god

the bible said he is a God not A god

Exodus 6:3-7

Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

3 that appeared to Abraham, and to Isaac, and to Jacob, I am Almighty God; and I showed not to them my great name Adonai, that is, Tetragrammaton. (who appeared to Abraham, and to Isaac, and to Jacob, I am Almighty God; but I did not tell them my great and holy name, Yahweh, or Jehovah;)

7 and I shall take you to me into a people, and I shall be your God;

Exodus 6:7 KJV
    And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God:

make your own bible mike LOL

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Mike,

I most certainly do believe that Father Yahweh's word is sublime as is He and that His word was with Him.

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Frank,

Your posts have no substance, nor do they ever refute what I've claimed, nor defend what you have claimed.

They are the childish taunts of a middle-schooler, and nothing more. Your words are the clanging of cymbals, Frank.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 28 2012,18:13)
    mike said: Jehovah is A god

the bible said he is a God not A god

jammin,

It is men who decided which letters to translate in English versions. If it were up to me, I would refer to Jehovah as “GOD”, with all caps, to Jesus as “God”, with only the “G” capped, and to all others as “gods”.

In this way, I could demonstrate that Jesus is above the other gods, but at the same time, his GOD is above him.

Ed J
    Participant

John 1

Mike,

Just another one of your perversions of what is actually being said! :D[/quote]
    I agree that my makeshift translation was a perversion, Frank.  But it was not MY perversion.  It was ED's perversion, for which you gave him “two thumbs way up”.

Btw, I thought that you believed the Word was “sublime”, and not “God Himself”.  Why then, would you give a high five to Ed when he is claiming that the Word actually is God Most High?

FALSE,

It is YOUR perversion.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2012,11:38)
    Frank,

Your posts have no substance, nor do they ever refute what I've claimed, nor defend what you have claimed.

They are the childish taunts of a middle-schooler, and nothing more.  Your words are the clanging of cymbals, Frank.

Mike,

They are the childish taunts of a middle-schooler, and nothing more.  Your words are the clanging of cymbals, Mike.
    :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

“The Word” is the “HolySpirit”  (Link)
    Traditions of men say otherwise, why?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2012,18:43)

John 1

Mike,

Btw, I thought that you believed the Word was “sublime”, and not “God Himself”.  Why then, would you give a high five to Ed when he is claiming that the Word actually is God Most High?[/quote]
    FALSE,

It is YOUR perversion.

Hmmmm…………

So then you are NOT the one who equated “the Word” with “the God who was in Jesus, reconciling the world to Himself”?

Is it not YOU who insists that the Word is the Holy Spirit, which in turn is God Most High?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,881 through 9,900 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account