JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,521 through 9,540 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 15 2012,11:24)
    kerwin,

i do not need to make my own bible bec i give what is written in the bible and not only my opinion.

believe what the bible says. do not include your imagination

Jammin,

You choose versions that in your lack of understanding you believe support your teachings. Of course your understanding is foolishness as you deny that Jesus has the same God and Father as any true believer. You will require some Trinitarian paraphrase of Jesus statement that subtracts and distorts those words of Jesus.

limjunus
    Participant

Jammin is teaching another Jesus Christ by introducing that Jesus Christ, the begotten Son of God is the One and only true God.

Jammin, is teaching another Jesus Christ by not accepting that Jesus Christ has the nature or attributes of God, instead insisting that the begotten Son of God is the One and only true God and not only having the nature/ attributes of God.

Jammin, doctrine is, the true God did not sent anyone,.. He sent himself,..the One and only true God, step-down from Supreme Being to Human being; transforming from God to human.

So, what is the warning of the apostles? Galatians 1:6-9 New Living Translation (NLT)

There Is Only One Good News

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.[a] You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Warning, some will preach different Jesus Christ. As what it was written in
    “2 Corinthians 11:3-4 New Living Translation (NLT)
    3 But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. 4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

The preaching of the apostles should not be altered until the end.
    “2 Corinthians 1:13 New Living Translation (NLT)
    13 Our letters have been straightforward, and there is nothing written between the lines and nothing you can’t understand. I hope someday you will fully understand us,

13 For we write no other things unto you than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end, (NKJV)

Jammin is preaching different Jesus Christ and different God,.. countering the preaching of the apostles.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2012,10:35)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,23:57)
    mike,

do you believe that your Form is MAN? i know you answered yes a while ago. i just want to repeat it to you.

Yes jammin,

My form is “man” because I am a member of the species known as “man”.  But you can't really apply that logic to Phil 2:6, unless you are saying that Jesus was existing in the form of the species known as “god”.

Are you saying that?

Hi Mike,

Good luck on getting an answer.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

limjunus
    Participant

Jammin, is teaching another Jesus Christ by introducing that Jesus Christ, the begotten Son of God is the One and only true God.

Jammin, is teaching another Jesus Christ by not accepting that Jesus Christ has the nature or attributes of God, instead insisting that the begotten Son of God is the One and only true God and not only having the nature/ attributes of God.

Jammin, doctrine is, the true God did not sent anyone,.. He sent himself,..the One and only true God, step-down from Supreme Being to Human being; transforming from God to human.

So, what is the warning of the apostles?  Galatians 1:6-9 New Living Translation (NLT)

There Is Only One Good News

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.[a] You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News 7 but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Warning, some will preach different Jesus Christ.  As what it was written in

“2 Corinthians 11:3-4 New Living Translation (NLT)

3 But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. 4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

The preaching of the apostles should not be altered until the end. “2 Cor. 1:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Our letters have been straightforward, and there is nothing written between the lines and nothing you can’t understand. I hope someday you will fully understand us,

13 For we write no other things unto you than what ye read or acknowledge; and I trust ye shall acknowledge even to the end, (NKJV)

Jammin is preaching different Jesus Christ and different God,.. countering the preaching of the apostles.

jammin
    Participant

edj,

i answered already mike and im giving him chance to give a translation that says individual being in phil 2.6
    i stick what the bible says. i believe that form or nature is the topic in phil 2.6 bec paul said that.
    give me single translation that says individual being in phil 2.6 then ill believe you,. but if you cnt give one, then you must stop talking boy.

limjunus,

study first your nlt
    you said Chrst is not God. but NLT says he is GOD>
    im not teaching a different christ bec the bible says Christ has the same nature just like his father and that is his nature God.

Philippians 2:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,

believe it or not boy LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2012,10:35)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 13 2012,23:57)
    mike,

do you believe that your Form is MAN? i know you answered yes a while ago. i just want to repeat it to you.

Yes jammin,

My form is “man” because I am a member of the species known as “man”.  But you can't really apply that logic to Phil 2:6, unless you are saying that Jesus was existing in the form of the species known as “god”.

Are you saying that?

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 15 2012,20:41)
    edj,

i answered already mike

Hi Jammin,

Can you please show us where?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

i said individual being is not what the bible says in phil 2.6
    that is just mike's opinion.

if he want me to believe his illusion, he must read that in phil 2.6
    i do not accept imagination boy.
    i want verse. i want written

im challenging mike. give me any single translation tha says individual being in phil 2.6

maybe you want to help him

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 15 2012,13:56)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 14 2012,06:12)
    really???

you just cant accept the truth mike.
    i told you to make your own bible LOL

commentaries also say that it refers to his (christ) nature as God (phil 2.6)
    how about you boy? ill wait for your translation that says individual being or species in phil 2.6

you may ask for help boy LOL

Jammin,

You do make your own bibles and advise others to do the same no matter their teaching.

u just cant accpt the truth.

yiou know, if you preach, you must read it. illusion is not allowed here.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 15 2012,20:51)
    i said individual being is not what the bible says in phil 2.6
    that is just mike's opinion.

if he want me to believe his illusion, he must read that in phil 2.6
    i do not accept imagination boy.
    i want verse. i want written

im challenging mike. give me any single translation tha says individual being in phil 2.6

maybe you want to help him

Hi Jammin,

Saying what something is not is not an answer?  ???

For example if someone asks you: “What is a cloud”?
    It is not an answer to say 'a cloud is not a man'.

But if you really think you answered Mike –
    you will probably not understand this.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2012,12:01)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 13 2012,18:34)
    In most Greek literature, morphe means “outward
    appearance,” that is, what can be perceived only by the senses. So, “form of God” seems
    to refer to Jesus’ bodily existence rather than a pre-temporal, ontological preexistence.

Bingo!  “Morphe” means “outward appearance”, and Jesus was existing with an outward appearance similar to the outward appearance of God before emptying himself of this cushy existence and being made in the likeness of a human being.

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 13 2012,18:34)
    A divesture of any of
    these divine attributes—for example, omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence—
    would have been necessary because they are incompatible with being human, yet such
    divesture necessarily results in something less than full deity.

Bingo again.  Jesus never had “omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence”.  Jesus' God is the only One who has those qualities.  So apparently, someone who was “less than full deity” was existing in the form of the One who is “full deity” before becoming flesh.

In other words, a lesser god was with THE God in the beginning, but then was made flesh and dwelled among us with the glory of God's only begotten.

Just like I've been telling you all along, Frank.  :)

Mike,

There is no “Bingo” here! :D

What you have been telling me all along is the deceptive lie that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being and that his being was as “a god” of which the author of the article and I completely disagree with.

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Did Jesus Preexist in Heaven?
    By Servetus the Evangelical

The institutional church has always proclaimed that Jesus preexisted in heaven. And
    it has concluded that Jesus’ preexistence indicates that he was and is God.
    But in modern times, the idea that Jesus preexisted has been seriously challenged.
    One argument is that if Jesus preexisted as a fully developed personality, that does not
    allow for human development and therefore compromises his being human.
    Luke claims Jesus had a normal human development. He says of Jesus’ childhood,
    “The Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of
    God was upon Him” (Luke 2.40). Notice that Luke also distinguishes the Child Jesus
    from God, which always indicates that Jesus was not God. Then Luke adds, “And Jesus
    kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man” (v. 52). How
    could Jesus have increased in favor with God if he was God? William Barclay therefore
    states, “one of the most difficult of all ideas [is] the idea of the preexistence of Jesus.”
    Christians claim that they base their beliefs on the Bible. While the first three gospels
    of the New Testament (NT) contain nothing about Jesus having preexisted, the Gospel of
    John SEEMS to have several important passages that do so. And there are notable texts in
    the Apostle Paul’s letters and the book of Hebrews that do, which we will now consider.
    Paul does not state explicitly anywhere in his NT letters that Jesus preexisted. Thus,
    Karl-Josef Kuschel asserts, “there is no sign of any unambiguous and explicit statement
    about pre-existence in the Christology outlined by Paul.” But most scholars have thought
    that Paul states it implicitly. And Gerhard Kittel observes, “Christological pre-existence
    sayings are a constituent part of the whole of Paulinism.”
    But how did Paul conceive of Jesus having preexisted? Did he think it was a personal
    subsistence or merely a personfication? There is quite a difference.
    James Dunn contends, “There is no good evidence that Jesus thought of himself as a
    pre-existent being” or that Paul thought Jesus either preexisted or possessed deity. Dunn
    claims that much of Paul’s language of preexistence is personified Wisdom language, as
    in “Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1 Corinthians 1.24), and that Paul
    never intended for it to be understood as literal preexistence. Dunn maintains that by the
    time Paul wrote Romans, in the mid-50s, “there is no evidence that Christian thought had
    so far evolved the idea of incarnation, or that the language of preexistence when referred
    to Christ (1 Cor 8:6) would as yet be taken to imply his personal preexistence, or that talk
    of his being ‘sent’ (Rom 8:3) was as yet understood to imply a descent from heaven.”
    Dunn concludes, “Paul was not seeking to win men to belief in a pre-existent being.”
    Regardless of whether or not Jesus preexisted, D.A. Carson logically states, “preexistence
    does not entail deity.” Indeed, Second Temple Judaism regarded certain pious
    men as having preexisted, yet Jews did not think this compromised their monotheism.
    John Knox warns, “the more fully the logic of pre-existence is allowed to work itself
    out in the story [of Jesus], the less important the [his] resurrection is bound to become.”
    Most Christians have thought that Paul implicitly affirms Jesus’ preexistence in 1
    Corinthians 8.9. Therein, he states, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    that though He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty
    might become rich.” The common view of this passage has been that the word “rich
    indicates Jesus’ personal preexistence, and the words “poor” and “poverty” signify him
    abandoning this lofty status at his incarnation. Karl-Josef Kuschel observes, “Traditional
    exegesis has always interpreted this passage in terms of pre-existence Christology and
    incarnation, as have present-day exegetes right across all confessional camps.”
    But Dunn says concerning this passage, “Though he could have enjoyed the riches of
    an uninterrupted communion with God, Jesus freely chose to embrace the poverty of
    Adam’s distance from God, in his ministry as a whole, but particularly in his death” for
    our salvation. Dunn adds, “2 Cor 8.9 is as a vivid allusion to the tremendous personal cost
    of Jesus’ ministry … this self-impoverishment … That Paul intended an allusion to the
    preexistent Christ’s self-abasement in incarnation must be judged unlikely.”
    Until Jesus was thirty years old, he probably had an emotionally rich and fulfilling
    life as the eldest of four brothers and several sisters (Mark 6.3). And he must have had a
    good reputation as the carpenter of Nazareth and its vicinity. But in a most profound and
    untold single act of self-denial, he laid aside this comfortable lifestyle, left home, and
    undertook an itinerant, public ministry of financial poverty and even forfeiture of his life.
    He once told his disciples about himself, “The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air
    have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head” (Matthew 8.20/Luke 9.58).
    Many Christians have thought that the author of the NT letter of Hebrews presents
    Jesus as having preexisted. For example, he says God “through” Jesus “made the world”
    (Hebrews 1.2). And he further explains of Jesus, “He comes into the world” by God
    giving him “a body” (10.5). Yet this author also relates that at Jesus’ heavenly ascension,
    “He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty [God] on high; having become as much
    better than the angels” (1.3-4). But if Jesus preexisted as God, he always was better than
    the angels and therefore could not later have become so. Dunn concludes that “the author
    of Hebrews has no place in his thinking for pre-existence as an ontological concept.”
    One thing seems to rule out the actual preexistence of Jesus in this letter of Hebrews.
    For him to be Savior and High Priest, he had to be like us in every way except sin. The
    author of Hebrews explains concerning Jesus, “He had to be made like His brethren in all
    things, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest” (Hebrews 2.17). Again,
    this requires that Jesus did not literally preexist, since the rest of us humans did not. It
    thus seems that God created the world “through” Jesus simply by having him in mind.
    [PDF] SOURCE

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 16 2012,03:41)
    Mike,

There is no “Bingo” here! :D

What you have been telling me all along is the deceptive lie that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being and that his being was as “a god” of which the author of the article and I completely disagree with.

Hi Frank,

I completely disagree with as well.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

mikeboll64 gets owned and thought he had won a Bingo game to boot! :D

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

The Restitution of Jesus Christ with Servetus the Evangelical
    To listen to this show in MP3 format CLICK HERE.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

URL Correction:

CLICK HERE

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 15 2012,02:37)
    You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.

These words sum up the people who believe Jesus actually is the God he is the Son of.

Some of them, like the ones who twist the words of scripture in the versions jammin likes to quote, are the ones doing the fooling.

Others, like jammin, are the ones being fooled by those ones who “twist the truth concerning Christ”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 15 2012,03:41)
    edj,

i answered already mike and im giving him chance to give a translation that says individual being in phil 2.6

jammin,

I already addressed this point a couple of days ago.  This is what I wrote to you:

And btw, you're asking the wrong question about “individual being”.  You shouldn't ask if I can “find a translation” that says what I want it to say, because then I'd just be like you.  You should instead ask if the GREEK TEXT says anything about “individual being”.  And the answer is “NO”.

But I've got some new questions for you to ponder:

jammin, is God ever said to be “in the form of God”?

Is God ever said to be “the exact representation of God”?

Is God ever said to “have the same nature as God”?

Of course not, because people are not compared to THEMSELVES.  So any scripture that says Jesus is LIKE God is simultaneously saying Jesus is NOT God, because no one is ever said to be “like” themselves.

This is just common sense, jammin.  So unless you can say, “God has the same nature as God”, it should be clear to you that Jesus is someone OTHER THAN God, who shares many of God's qualities, and is LIKE Him in many ways.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 15 2012,10:41)

Frank,

Can you tell me how the parts of your cut and paste that I quoted prove that Jesus didn't pre-exist?  I simply agreed with some of the words your author posted.  

I notice that the majority of your info centers on Jesus not being God Almighty Himself.  I don't really see any arguments that he didn't pre-exist.  Here's an example from a cut and paste you posted today:

But if Jesus preexisted as God, he always was better than
    the angels and therefore could not later have become so.

But I'm not claiming that Jesus pre-existed “as God”, so how do those words prove ME wrong?

So you can go on “owning me”, and I'll go on giving your authors a pat on the back now and then – whenever I take the time to read your cut and pastes – which is not often.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Frank,

Just for fun, I will analyze a little bit of your newest huge cut and paste job:

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 15 2012,10:57)
    And he must have had a
    good reputation as the carpenter of Nazareth and its vicinity. But in a most profound and
    untold single act of self-denial, he laid aside this comfortable lifestyle, left home, and
    undertook an itinerant, public ministry of financial poverty and even forfeiture of his life.

Where are we told in the scriptures that Jesus had a “comfortable lifestyle” at any time in his life?  And more importantly, how would “laying aside this comfortable lifestyle” equate with “existing in the form of God” before making himself of no account?  How does this information tell us that Jesus didn't pre-exist, Frank?

Many Christians have thought that the author of the NT letter of Hebrews presents
    Jesus as having preexisted. For example, he says God “through” Jesus “made the world”
    (Hebrews 1.2). And he further explains of Jesus, “He comes into the world” by God
    giving him “a body”
    (10.5). Yet this author also relates that at Jesus’ heavenly ascension,
    “He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty [God] on high; having become as much
    better than the angels” (1.3-4). But if Jesus preexisted as God, he always was better than

How does your author's comment about angels answer the OTHER TWO bolded points he mentioned?  ???  

See Frank?  This is why I don't often read the drivel you cut and paste here.  The only GOOD points they ever make are when they post scriptures that prohibit Jesus from being God Almighty Himself.  They never post ANYTHING that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing as a lesser being than God Almighty, do they?

Yep, you and your authors “own me” all the time. :)

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2012,10:14)
    Hi Frank,

Just for fun, I will analyze a little bit of your newest huge cut and paste job:

And he must have had a

Where are we told in the scriptures that Jesus had a “comfortable lifestyle” at any time in his life?  And more importantly, how would “laying aside this comfortable lifestyle” equate with “existing in the form of God” before making himself of no account?  How does this information tell us that Jesus didn't pre-exist, Frank?

giving him “a body”
    (10.5). Yet this author also relates that at Jesus’ heavenly ascension,

How does your author's comment about angels answer the OTHER TWO bolded points he mentioned?  ???  

See Frank?  This is why I don't often read the drivel you cut and paste here.  The only GOOD points they ever make are when they post scriptures that prohibit Jesus from being God Almighty Himself.  They never post ANYTHING that prohibits Jesus from pre-existing as a lesser being than God Almighty, do they?

Yep, you and your authors “own me” all the time.  :)

Mike,

So, is it not clear to you by now that the author of these articles and I both do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as “a god”? If not, I would strongly suggest that you take a reading comprehension course so that you might clearly understand what the author of these articles and I are saying to you and especially what Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word actually says. You also need to stop lying in saying that you don't often read what I cut and paste here, since it is quite obvious to me that you do. Maybe you could do this just for fun! :D

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

“Jesus IS God!”?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,521 through 9,540 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account