JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,261 through 9,280 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 07 2012,11:15)
    that is just your opinion kerwin.

do not put your own words to thomas words.

let me post the bible
    John 20:28

Common English Bible (CEB)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

see.. thomas said that to jesus

Jammin,

It is not my opinion that Nathaniel calls Jesus by the title Rabbi and declares him to be The Christ, the Son of God.

Thomas clearly does not declare” “thou art” as Nathan and others did when declaring Jesus to be the Christ, the Son of God.  He does voice those things that could be titles; even as Rabbi is, and in the same way.

I choose to stick to the forms used in Scripture instead inventing my own to fit my understanding of a passage.

Thomas is replying to Jesus' words.

jammin
    Participant

im not against with the rabbi word
    what im saying is the john 20.28
    thomas said to jesus  my Lord and my God

you said:
    Thomas clearly does not declare” “thou art”

really??????????? are you sure????????? LOL
    thou art means you are

thomas said to jesus YOU ARE MY LORD and MY GOD!

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

28 Thomas replied, “You are my Lord and my God!”

study hard boy

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 06 2012,22:13)
    limjunus,

have you forgotten that you used NLT to prove in john 20.28 that thomas is not saying directly the word God to Christ.
    you concluded that Jesus is not God according to john 20.28 even though thomas said that to jesus.

but your NLT contradicts your belief if you read phil 2.6 of NLT
    it says that Christ was God.

study hard boy.
    do not put your own words in the bible. you are lack of knowledge. before talking to me make sure that you have enough knowledge

You really do not know what is the true meaning of Philippians 2:6 I will give my comprehension with the subject verse after you had answered my questions. You just circling around and trying hard to escape.

Jammin, you are the one to study more deeper. The Philippians 2:6 didn't says that Jesus Christ is the One and only true God, but instead it said;

“Though he was God,[a] he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

[take note the words “he was”: Though he was God…” (why?)

See the Footnotes:

[a] Philippians 2:6 Or Being in the form of God.

As what I have said, my rebuttal with your understanding will be follow after you have answers my pending questions.

How many days you are running away from my questions Jammin? Peace. :D

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

I am well aware the words “thou art” or the equivalent are not in the Greek and therefore the CEV is putting them there for their own reasons. I prefer to stick to a more literal translation with less interpretation on the part of the translators.

What I have revealed is such a translation.

limjunus
    Participant

Philippians 2:6 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain[a] equal with God.

[a] Footnotes:
    Philippians 2:6 remain: Or “become.”

Jammin here is another verse for you to capitalize. Grabb it and use it with your stand that Jesus Christ is truly God. I will post many verses to support your belief but answers my questions first.

Peace .. :D :( ???

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 07 2012,12:16)

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 07 2012,05:11)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 06 2012,22:10)
    therefore the son is God according to KJV
    1tim 3.16

Jammin.

Peter said '' THOU ART THE MESIAH THE SON OF GOD.
    And Jesus said it is God that revealed that to you.
    Are you disagreeing with this? yes you are.

Because you say; NO JESUS IS GOD,NOT THE SON OF GOD.

wakeup.

did i say that the Christ is not the son of GOD?

you are not saying the whole truth boy

i said the Christ is the son of God. he is God by nature just like his father.

just like you and your father. you are both MAN by nature.

Jammin thought: “i said the Christ is the son of God. he is God by nature just like his father.

just like you and your father. you are both MAN by nature.

Human nature: Son and Father both with a human nature but how many human? = 2 men

God nature: Son and Father both with the same nature but how many God? =

What is your answer Jammin? one or two?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 07 2012,08:49)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 06 2012,00:57)
    Other beliefs: “GOD GOD Christ Jesus MEN” (One God, one mediator between God and men, the God Christ Jesus) Ref. Jammin and other understanding.

Which is the right one?

1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Some people seem to believe that God is the head of God.  

The correct equation is:  God > Christ > Man

If someone is teaching a different equation than that, then their teaching contradicts MANY scriptures – including the one posted above.

Mike,

Jammin, will not agree with the truth about 1 Cor. 11:3 he is believing with Thomas “exclamation remark” and ignoring whatever truth you shall post.

He (Jammin) is still ignoring my questions. He really do not need the truth about God.

He even do not know which is the One and only true God?

He said Jesus Christ is truly God and He said also the Father of Jesus Christ is truly God.

But the problem with him (Jammin) he could not determine which is the one and only true God, the begotten Son or the Father who had begotten him???

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 07 2012,09:16)

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 06 2012,04:59)
    ok I'll look at it with my trusted KJV!

Why?  The info I just posted for you wasn't someone's “guess”, journey.  It is now a clear and undeniable FACT that the word “God” did not appear in any Greek ms of 1 Tim 3:16 until AFTER 200 AD.

The earlier mss DO NOT have the word God in that verse.  When the KJV was translated, they translated from the oldest and best mss known to them AT THAT TIME.  We have since uncovered older and better ones – which is why the NASB, NIV, NRSV, and the other newer Bibles don't have the word “God” in that verse.  Neither do the ancient Syriac texts, nor the Latin Vulgate.

Why would you even entertain jammin by using a translation that has been shown to be flawed in that particular verse?  ???

An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken, or ceases to be honest.

He (Jammin) even ignore the real context of John 20:24-31 Why Thomas exclaimed “My LORD and MY GOD!”

The truth and fact is, Thomas, during that moment is not preaching who Jesus is? but instead he is the “unbeliever”. (doubting Thomas)

When Jesus had prove to Thomas that he was raised from the dead by God, Thomas, exclaimed the words MY LORD AND MY GOD, is not to show that he recognize Jesus is his Lord and God, but to show his extreme guiltiness by exclaiming the words he had uttered.

I will post many verses from different versions of the Bible, that bearing and seem the words that Jesus Christ is God, but all of it is not the truth regarding about “who is the one and only true God (.. invisible and immortal God).

Peace :D ???

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 07 2012,12:46)
    jammin,

I need an actual ANSWER to my question I've been asking for weeks now.

What does the word “God” mean in Phil 2:6?

I have explain it already “boy”, but you just said” “your words are nonsense”.

It is nonsense because it's contradict your stand.

I have many words and thoughts for the subject matter but, will please answer my questions, it's over a week already and you still circling around with it.

Peace. :D :D ???

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 07 2012,20:31)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 07 2012,12:46)
    jammin,

I need an actual ANSWER to my question I've been asking for weeks now.

What does the word “God” mean in Phil 2:6?

I have explain it already “boy”, but you just said” “your words are nonsense”.

It is nonsense because it's contradict your stand.

I have many words and thoughts for the subject matter but, will you please answer my questions first, ….. it's over a week already and you still circling around with it.

Peace.  :D  :D  ???

Smile is the best cure with your sadness

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 07 2012,20:18)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 07 2012,09:16)

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 06 2012,04:59)
    ok I'll look at it with my trusted KJV!

Why?  The info I just posted for you wasn't someone's “guess”, journey.  It is now a clear and undeniable FACT that the word “God” did not appear in any Greek ms of 1 Tim 3:16 until AFTER 200 AD.

The earlier mss DO NOT have the word God in that verse.  When the KJV was translated, they translated from the oldest and best mss known to them AT THAT TIME.  We have since uncovered older and better ones – which is why the NASB, NIV, NRSV, and the other newer Bibles don't have the word “God” in that verse.  Neither do the ancient Syriac texts, nor the Latin Vulgate.

Why would you even entertain jammin by using a translation that has been shown to be flawed in that particular verse?  ???

An honest but mistaken man, once shown the truth, either ceases to be mistaken, or ceases to be honest.

He (Jammin) even ignore the real context of John 20:24-31 Why Thomas exclaimed “My LORD and MY GOD!”

The truth and fact is, Thomas, during that moment is not preaching who Jesus is? but instead he is the “unbeliever”. (doubting Thomas)

When Jesus had prove to Thomas that he was raised from the dead by God, Thomas, exclaimed the words MY LORD AND MY GOD, is not to show that he recognize Jesus is his Lord and God, but to show his extreme guiltiness by exclaiming the words he had uttered.

I will post many verses from different versions of the Bible, that bearing and seem the words that Jesus Christ is God, but all of it is not the truth regarding about “who is the one and only true God (.. invisible and immortal God).

Peace  :D  ???

let me post john 20.28 of NLT

New Living Translation (NLT)

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

limjunus is using this version to prove that this is not referring to christ as God.
    what is the stand of NLT for this??

let me post phil 2.6 of NLT
    Philippians 2:6

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,[a]
       he did not think of equality with God
       as something to cling to.

the NLT believes that Christ is God
    —————-

limjunus you are out of your mind boy. LOL

make more research. your words are non sense.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 07 2012,18:29)
    Jammin,

I am well aware the words “thou art” or the equivalent are not in the Greek and therefore the CEV is putting them there for their own reasons.  I prefer to stick to a more literal translation with less interpretation on the part of the translators.

What I have revealed is such a translation.

i believe what the bible says.
    if you do not believe that thomas said Lord and God to jesus then make your own version of john 20.28

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,

do you agree that you and your father have the same nature, and that is your HUMAN NATURE? yes or no?

if you answer yes,
    do you believe that your father is TRULY HUMAN?
    yes or no?

limjunus
    Participant

1 Corinto 8:4-7 KJV
    4. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7. Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

verse no. 4, “..and that there is none other God, but one..”

verse no. 5, “..For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,[some christian people and not])

verse no. 6, “….But to us (true christian) there is but one God, the Father, (God & Father of Jesus Christ) Ref. Romans 15:6 KJV

verse no. 7, “… Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: (some christian and non-christian not having the truth about it)

Jammin, do not like the above and may be he shall say again the “your words is nonsense?”.

It is not my words, the messages is taken from the holy scriptures. Peace. :D

jammin
    Participant

boy
    limjunus i still have a question for you

limjunus,

do you agree that you and your father have the same nature, and that is your HUMAN NATURE? yes or no?

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

jammin
    Participant

1 cor 8.6 is right, but your understanding is wrong.

answer my question. do not ignore it boy

limjunus,

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 07 2012,20:53)
    limjunus,

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

I already answered it. You want me to answer it again? I will but, where is your answers with my questions? it's over due Jammin!

Before you compare the nature of God to the human nature you must explain vividly what is the different between God and human nature?

We are not discussing the human nature but the nature of God, why Jesus Christ is in the form of God or he was in the nature of God?

True God nature: could not be multiplied, alone, holy, invisible and immortal and etc., etc., etc.,

Human nature: could be multiplied, sinners, visible, mortal, with flesh, blood and bones, thirsty, hungry, tired and etc., etc.,

Jammin, what nature or form of God, Jesus Christ had? …invisible or immortal?

Think and study very well man! :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 07 2012,21:18)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 07 2012,20:53)
    limjunus,

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

I already answered it.  You want me to answer it again? I will but, where is your answers with my questions? it's over due Jammin!

Before you compare the nature of God to the human nature you must explain vividly what is the different between God and human nature?

We are not discussing the human nature but the nature of God, why Jesus Christ is in the form of God or he was in the nature of God?

True God nature: could not be multiplied, alone, holy, invisible and immortal and etc., etc., etc.,

Human nature: could be multiplied, sinners, visible, mortal, with flesh, blood and bones, thirsty, hungry, tired and etc., etc.,

Jammin, what nature or form of God, Jesus Christ had?  …invisible or immortal?

Think and study very well man!  :D

Isaias 40:18 KJV
    18To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Isaias 46:5 KJV
    5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

1 Timoteo 1:17 KJV
    17Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 07 2012,21:24)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 07 2012,21:18)

jammin,Aug. wrote:

limjunus,

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

I already answered it.  You want me to answer it again? I will but, where is your answers with my questions? it's over due Jammin!

Jammin, what nature or form of God, Jesus Christ had?  …invisible or immortal?

5To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

17Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Think and study very well man!  :

:D smile Jammin!

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 07 2012,21:03)
    1 cor 8.6 is right, but your understanding is wrong.

answer my question. do not ignore it boy

limjunus,

if you answer yes,
    yes or no?

I already answered it. You want me to answer it again? I will but, where is your answers with my questions? it's over due Jammin!

Jammin, what nature or form of God, Jesus Christ had? …invisible or immortal?

Think and study very well man! :

Viewing 20 posts - 9,261 through 9,280 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account