JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,141 through 9,160 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,22:30)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 04 2012,00:32)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,02:49)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,10:07)

ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ κύριος μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.

the greek bible also says that thomas said these words to jesus!

in english,
    and thomas answered and said unto him…

kurios mous kai ho theos mou! MY LORD AND MY GOD!

but this false teacher said a different story.

let me post what limjunus said

(limjunus @ Aug. 01 2012,23:57)
    Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion…………..

tsk tsk tsk.. you are really a false teacher boy

Jamni

it does not matter what you say ,because we all know that you are wrong ,and that your understanding is faulty,you may insult us of being false teachers but it will not make you any more truthful ,you have lost your credibility long ago,and by your own hands and mind,so you are the only one to blame ,

you have shown us your religious believe ,what you have picked in one verse ,and made that single scripture your bible,

this are action of a immature student ,and so no mature discussion can go forward with you ,at the least with some of us,so good day,and see you when you have grown up.

:( :D
    misquoting is a dangerous act of a person like Jammin…dangerous person! OMG!

limjunus

:) you learn this is good :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,16:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,11:13)
    Thomas believed because of the works  –  the works  –  being God resurrecting Jesus.

You are in the right track, Ed J.

Hi limjunus,

Why do the others have trouble seeing this?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi limjunus,

Thomas said Jesus is (according to Jammin) God.
    Thomas said Jesus is (according to Mike) a god.

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 02 2012,00:20)
    The verse that changed one Jewish “rabbi’s” life.

-Concerning Yesh’yahu 9:6 , the verse that caused one orthodox Jew, rabbi Isidor Zwirn, to become a believer in Yeshua. Isidor, in order to be accepted into the Yeshivah Rabbenu Yaacov Yoseph in New York city had to begin learning how to read the Hebrew prayers of the Siddur by age 3 and comprehend them by age 6. Then upon being accepted into the Yeshiva, the Torah became his text book that they studied daily every school day.

Every verse of Torah was required to be studied and discussed among classmates, and the meaning of each individual letter of each Hebrew word also had to be understood, and sometimes the meaning of a whole passage would hinge on the meaning of one single letter of one single word in the passage. He was completely and utterly fluent in Hebrew. He was also trained in the 3 rules of haMidrash of  “respect for others views”, of  “the thorough investigation of everybody else’s views in addition to your own”, and of  “if two opposing views cannot be resolved, then they must be temporarily be set aside, until another view is provided that resolves the conflict and/or harmonizes the two positions”.

This man ultimately became a chief Rabbi, and the head of the Zionists studies program (His Zionist studies are what led Him to Yeshua), at an Orthodox synagogue in Burbank California where he was forcefully removed from behind the bema by police after he declared His belief in Yeshua as the long awaited Messiah of Israel.

This is Isidor’s literal translation of Yesh’yahu 9:6, the translation of which caused Him to believe that Yeshua had to be the Messiah. This is what he wrote concerning the words “Pele yoez el gibbor avi ad sar shalom”, he says “I read those last 8 Hebrew words, letter by letter, then translated them into English. ‘And they shall call his name a wonderful Counselor to the Almighty God and Everlasting Father, (also) Prince of Peace’.” Then he says, “This could be no other than the Messiah! Because certainly no finite being could counsel the Almighty God”.

So, Isidor, with his expertise in Hebrew and very in depth methodological study habits when studying Yesh’yahu 9:6 concluded from a purely unbiased linguistical perspective that Yeshua was a counselor to Yahuweh – a counselor to the Almighty God. In other words, as Yahuweh’s “right hand man”, and is the verse that forever changed his life. This is on page 56 of his book “A rabbi’s Search for Messiah”. So does this mean that Yeshua is not God? If it means He is not God, can Yeshua still be Elohim? Is there a difference in these two words?
    [PDF] SOURCE

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank,

That post is a good length though I hold that Yashua councils men and not God.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,12:01)
    Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion………..
    ——————————————————

can you give me a translation that thomas said in john 20.28 OH MY GOD?

ill wait boy
    you may ask for help

Jammin, The (OMG!) is just the equal words of “MY LORD AND MY GOD! exclaimed by Thomas.

I have explained it very will, the real issue in what Thomas to be believing is?. Thomas has been corrected by Jesus, that he must believed that the resurrection idea is real and not the issue of, if Jesus is Lord and God?

Just read it back.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,17:10)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,16:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,11:13)
    Thomas believed because of the works  –  the works  –  being God resurrecting Jesus.

You are in the right track, Ed J.

Hi limjunus,

Why do the others have trouble seeing this?

God bless

The answer is:

[/B]1 Cor. 8:7 LB

“However, some Christians don't realize this. [that for us there is only one God, the Father]

What do you mean “some christian don't realize that the Father is the one and only God?

[Marcos 4:11 TEV
    11″You have been given the secret of the Kingdom of God,” Jesus answered. “But the others, who are on the outside, hear all things by means of parables,

Those people (call themselves christian) but still outside the perimeter of Christ's kingdom, really do not know the secrets of the kingdom of God. Not able to see the shining truth. Meaning they still in the hands of the prince of the darkness.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,18:58)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,12:01)
    Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion………..
    ——————————————————

can you give me a translation that thomas said in john 20.28 OH MY GOD?

ill wait boy
    you may ask for help

Jammin, The (OMG!) is just the equal words of “MY LORD AND MY GOD! exclaimed by Thomas.

I have explained it very will, the real issue in what Thomas to be believing is?. Thomas has been corrected by Jesus, that he must believed that the resurrection idea is real and not the issue of, if Jesus is Lord and God?

Just read it back.

i do not need your opinion.

give me a translation that thomas said OH MY GOD in john 20.28

can you give one or not?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 04 2012,16:05)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,15:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 04 2012,04:24)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,19:42)
    limjunus,

john 17.3 is correct but your interpretation is wrong
    i do not have a problem with that. i believe that Christ is the son of God. i also believe that Christ is God. the apostles said that.

John 20:28

New International Version (NIV)

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

John 20:28

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

you just pick what you want but you do not believe  what the whole bible says.

i believe that there is only one father who is truly God. john 17.3

the bible also says that the son is truly God.
    1  john 5.20
    john 1.1

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

My Lord and my God – In this passage the name God is expressly given to Christ, in his own presence and by one of his own apostles. This declaration has been considered as a clear proof of the divinity of Christ, for the following reasons:

1. There is no evidence that this was a mere expression, as some have supposed, of surprise or astonishment.

2. The language was addressed to Jesus himself – “Thomas …said unto him.”

3. The Saviour did not reprove him or check him as using any improper language. If he had not been divine, it is impossible to reconcile it with his honesty that he did not rebuke the disciple. No pious man would have allowed such language to be addressed to him. Compare Acts 14:13-15; Revelation 22:8-9.

4. The Saviour proceeds immediately to commend Thomas for believing; but what was the evidence of his believing? It was this declaration, and this only. If this was a mere exclamation of surprise, what proof was it that Thomas believed? Before this he doubted. Now he believed, and gave utterance to his belief, that Jesus was his Lord and his God.

5. If this was not the meaning of Thomas, then his exclamation was a mere act of profaneness, and the Saviour would not have commended him for taking the name of the Lord his God in vain. The passage proves, therefore, that it is proper to apply to Christ the name Lord and God, and thus accords with what John affirmed in John 1:1, and which is established throughout this gospel.

sorry boy but you need to study hard. your words are non sense

spin

1. There is no evidence that this was a mere expression, as some have supposed, of surprise or astonishment. [There is evidence, read verse John 20:26-29 NLT]

2. The language was addressed to Jesus himself – “Thomas …said unto him.” [addressed to Jesus as a respond and not clarifying us that his believe is Jesus his Lord and His God. Thomas is in the state of very strong shocked and big regret and shouting the OMG!]  

3. The Saviour did not reprove him or check him as using any improper language. If he had not been divine, it is impossible to reconcile it with his honesty that he did not rebuke the disciple. No pious man would have allowed such language to be addressed to him. Compare Acts 14:13-15; Revelation 22:8-9. [There is a rebuttal done by Jesus. Do not be unbeliever but be a believer of the resurrection. The context or the issue is not who Jesus is, but the is Jesus was raised from the dead (resurrection doctrine).]

4. The Saviour proceeds immediately to commend Thomas for believing; but what was the evidence of his believing? It was this declaration, and this only. If this was a mere exclamation of surprise, what proof was it that Thomas believed? Before this he doubted. Now he believed, and gave utterance to his belief, that Jesus was his Lord and his God.

5. If this was not the meaning of Thomas, then his exclamation was a mere act of profaneness, and the Saviour would not have commended him for taking the name of the Lord his God in vain. The passage proves, therefore, that it is proper to apply to Christ the name Lord and God, and thus accords with what John affirmed in John 1:1, and which is established throughout this gospel. [Thomas uttering the name of the Lord and God in a very big regret for being unbeliever; there Thomas didn't use the name of his God in vain]

Be careful Jammin. Next time be sure that you are old enough to understand the real context of the Bible you have believing.

Peace.  :D  ???

Jammin

Are you a christian?
    Because if you have hatred and spite inside your heart, then
    it will manifest sooner or later for all to see and be used as a witness against you,
    and knowledge won't be revealed to you.
    If the Spirit of God is truly inside you, then it should be growing in wisdom and love,
    if not, then double check that spirit inside you,
    cause it doesn't sound right from here what comes out of your mouth, and what you say only makes sense to you and no-one else,
    Not to late to repent, even if others don't agree with you,
    you should love and agree to disagree without falling into a hole to prove your point.
    Believe what you wish but don't sin.

there is nothing wrong in my post.
    limjunus is a false teacher and it is very obvious.

how about you? do you believe that Christ is not God?
    if you believe that, you are part of the group of false teachers.

according to paul

gal 1.8
    Galatians 1:8

Good News Translation (GNT)
    8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell!

jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 04 2012,15:20)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,19:49)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 03 2012,10:07)

ἀπεκρίθη Θωμᾶς καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ ὁ κύριος μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου.

the greek bible also says that thomas said these words to jesus!

in english,
    and thomas answered and said unto him…

kurios mous kai ho theos mou! MY LORD AND MY GOD!

but this false teacher said a different story.

let me post what limjunus said

Thomas, did not address his saying to Jesus, but instead Thomas, is indirectly uttering that words as “MY LORD AND MY GOD! (OMG!) with his extremely sudden emotion…………..

tsk tsk tsk.. you are really a false teacher boy

:)  Jammin is trying very hard to prove his stand that Jesus Christ is truly God.  Using and capitalizing the John 20:28 from  his favorite version (NIRV) and avoiding to use the version of New Living Translation.

“27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

And the God words translation (GW)

27 Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Take your hand, and put it into my side. Stop doubting, and believe.”

And the CEB translation.

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here. Look at my hands. Put your hand into my side. No more disbelief. Believe!”

Jammin avoiding to use the above versions because he could not really prove that Jesus Christ is the Lord and God, in using the Thomas respond to the said event with exclamation remark!!! and Jammin is trying very hard to hide the real facts and issue with confrontation between Jesus and Thomas.

I am not the false teacher,.. you are, Mr. Barnes and your wrongful interpretation of the action of Thomas with the event.

Sorry Jammin. You are relying not with the Bible true context but only with your own “ego” and misrepresentation.

Peace>  :D

im not avoiding boy the NLT.

actually, if you post most of the translation of john 20.28 it says that Christ is LORD and God.

no matter what version you post, Christ is thomas' LORD and GOD

ill give you many versions boy

New International Version (©1984)
    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

New Living Translation (©2007)
    “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

International Standard Version (©2008)

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    And Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord, and my God.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

American King James Version
    And Thomas answered and said to him, My LORD and my God.

American Standard Version
    Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Thomas answered, and said to him: My Lord, and my God.

Darby Bible Translation
    Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God.

English Revised Version
    Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Webster's Bible Translation
    And Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God.

Weymouth New Testament
    “My Lord and my God!” replied Thomas.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
    And Thomas answered and said to him, 'My Lord and my God;'

———
    see ? no versions that say OH MY GOD! LOL

but you can make your own boy to support your illusion!
    LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

To All:

jammin and Barnes are right on this one – up to a point.  There is no indication from the words of the scripture itself that Thomas was expressing “OMG!”.

In fact, the scripture clearly states that Thomas said ALL of his words TO JESUS, indicating that Thomas was calling Jesus “my Lord and my God”.

Nor is there any indication that any human visibly “saw” God dwelling within the flesh body of Jesus.

But jammin and Barnes go off track when they start assuming that, by calling Jesus “god”, Thomas thought Jesus was THE God who created the heavens and the earth.

I want you all to consider this scripture:
    2 Samuel 11:11
    Uriah said to David, “The ark and Israel and Judah are staying in temporary shelters, and my lord Joab and the servants of my lord are camping in the open field.

Does the fact that Uriah calls Joab “my lord” indicate that he thinks Joab is the Lord who created the heavens and the earth?

Of course not.

I pray that you people will eventually come to grips with the Biblical use of the words “lord” and “god”.  The word “god” in Biblical times referred to many who were thought to be “mighty”, and who were to “be revered”.

Men were called “gods”.  Angels were called “gods”.  Demons were called “gods”.

The word could refer to ANYONE who was revered and mighty.  In fact, Uriah could have just as well called Joab his “god” as his “lord” in that statement.  It would STILL not mean that Uriah thought Joab was the God who created the heavens and the earth.  It would only indicate that, from Uriah's point of view, Joab was mighty and to be revered.

Here is more proof:
    Genesis 23:6 NASB ©
    “Hear us, my lord, you are a mighty prince among us; bury your dead in the choicest of our graves; none of us will refuse you his grave for burying your dead.”

The Hebrew actually says the Hittites called Abraham a “god-prince” – not a “mighty prince”.

Here is another:
    Exodus 21:6
    then his master must take him before the judges.

The Hebrew word here is “gods”, but HUMAN judges are obviously meant by the context.

So yes, Thomas called JESUS “my Lord and my God”, (just as Jesus is called a god in Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, and John 1:18)…….but Thomas clearly didn't think that Jesus was THE God who created the heavens and the earth.  Thomas, as a disciple of Jesus, surely understood that Jesus was the SON OF that One.

For more on this topic, visit the many gods thread I started.

peace,
    mike

journey42
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,23:56)

according to paul

gal 1.8

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell!

Your posts are confusing.
    I believe what the scriptures say; that Jesus is the SON of God.
    To say anything otherwise is to go against scripture.

John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Did Thomas Call Jesus “My God” in John 20.28?
    by Servetus the Evangelical
    When the risen Jesus appeared to his gathered disciples on the first Easter evening,
    the Apostle Thomas was not present (John 20.19-24). The disciples later told him they
    had seen Jesus. Thomas said he would not believe unless he saw Jesus for himself (v. 25).
    One week later the risen Jesus appeared again to his gathered disciples, with Thomas
    present. Jesus spoke to him, and Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God” (John 20.28).
    Most Christians have believed that Thomas then called Jesus “God.” And most New
    Testament (NT) scholars claim it is the strongest biblical evidence that Jesus is God.
    On the contrary, no other NT character calls Jesus “God,” which would depart from
    Jewish monotheism. Plus, John records two occasions when Jesus’ antagonists accused
    him of making himself out to be God, which he then denied (John 5.18-47; 10.30-37).
    Thus, Christians have exceedingly misunderstood Thomas’ words “my God.” Their
    interpretation of them ignores this gospel’s context, which unlocks their meaning.
    First, John records that the risen Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene a week prior to
    the Thomas incident. He told her, “go to My brethren, and say to them, ‘I ascend to My
    Father and your Father, and My God and your God’” (John 20.17). So, the risen Jesus
    called the Father “My God.” The question arises: How can Jesus be God if he has a God?
    Indeed, John would not have meant that Thomas called Jesus “my God” when this author
    had just recorded that Jesus called the Father “My God.”
    Then, one verse after Thomas’ words John concludes his gospel by writing, “Many
    other signs therefore Jesus also performed … but these have been written that you may
    believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God” (John 20.30-31). This statement would
    be anti-climactic following Thomas’ words if he indeed called Jesus “God.” And calling
    Jesus “the Son of God” is not synonymous with “God.”
    Moreover, John records a conversation that Jesus had with the apostles Thomas and
    Philip at the Last Supper, only ten days prior to Thomas’ Confession. Jesus told them he
    would soon go to “My Father’s house” (John 14.2), referring to his heavenly ascension to
    soon follow his death and resurrection. Then John adds,
    4 “And you know the way where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where
    You are going, how do we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the
    life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7 If you had known Me, you would have known My
    Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.” 8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us
    the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you
    have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show
    us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that
    I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative; but the Father abiding in Me does his works. 11
    Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me.”
    Jesus’ words, “the Father is in Me,” must have left a strong impression on Thomas.
    Indeed, they are the key to correctly understand what doubting Thomas later meant when
    he said to Jesus, “my God.” That is, Thomas acknowledged what Jesus had taught ten
    days prior, that God the Father is in Jesus.
    Jesus had taught the same thing many days earlier. He had said, “I and the Father are
    one” (John 10.30). His Jewish opponents misunderstood him and were about to stone
    him. They accused him of “blasphemy,” saying, “You, being a man, make Yourself out to
    be God” (v. 33). Jesus implicitly denied this and explained the oneness as “the Father is
    in Me, and I in the Father” (v. 38). Scholars call this the Mutual Indwelling.
    Some ill-taught Christians get confused about Jesus’ words in John 14.9—“He who
    has seen Me has seen the Father.” They think he therein claimed to be the Father. In the
    3rd century, the Church rightly deemed this belief, called Sabellianism, as heretical. Jesus
    and NT writers often distinguished the Father and Jesus as two separate individuals.
    The Johannine Jesus taught similarly on other occasions. Once when he attended a
    feast at Jerusalem, “Jesus cried out and said, ‘He who believes in Me does not believe in
    Me, but in Him who sent Me. And he who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me’”
    (John 12.44-45). Again, Jesus was talking about God the Father. In fact, the Father
    sending the Son is the most prominent theme in the Gospel of John, occurring 40 times.
    This indwelling of God in Christ, and God sending Christ, reflects the concept of
    agency. In antiquity, especially in the business world and among Jews, a principal would
    select someone to represent him as his agent. It was common knowledge that a man’s son
    usually proved to be the best candidate as his agent. So, with the son as agent, dealing
    with a man’s son was akin to dealing with the man himself, as if the father was in his son.
    The Johannine Jesus taught this concept of agency in various ways. He often said the
    Father had given him his words and deeds (John 12.49; 14.10, 24; 17.8). And he said of
    the Father, “My teaching is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone is willing to do His
    will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself”
    (7.16-17). Notice he distinguishes himself from God. Another time he said, “I have come
    in My Father’s name,” and he then called the Father “the one and only God” (5.43-44).
    To rightly understand Jesus in the Gospel of John, Agent Christology can hardly be
    over-emphasized. It is the corrective to misinterpreting several Johannine texts in which
    Jesus is wrongly identified as God, claiming to be God, or God becoming a man.
    Moreover, in this gospel Agent Christology, also called Sending Christology, is the
    primary focus of saving faith for believers (John 16.27-30; 17.8). As God’s supreme
    agent, the Johannine Jesus functioned as God without actually being God.
    In my book, The Restitution of Jesus Christ (2008), I devote 17 pages to Thomas’
    words “my God” in John 20.28 and cite 38 scholars in doing so. In using John 14.9, 11 as
    key to understanding Thomas, I regard this as the pinnacle of my research in this book. It
    is a God-in-Christ interpretation as opposed to the traditional Christ-is-God interpretation.
    [PDF] SOURCE

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 04 2012,11:51)
    Jesus’ words, “the Father is in Me,” must have left a strong impression on Thomas.
    Indeed, they are the key to correctly understand what doubting Thomas later meant when
    he said to Jesus, “my God.” That is, Thomas acknowledged what Jesus had taught ten

Frank,

The part I quoted is the ONLY part of your huge cut and paste that actually addresses the point in question.

All those words boil down to one little thing:  Your author has INTERPRETED those words to mean Thomas was talking to both Jesus AND “the Father in him”.

Unfortunately, one cannot honestly come to that interpretation from the words Thomas said, or the surrounding context John wrote.

As for the rest of the post, it is good scriptural information proving that Jesus is not God Almighty – but bears no light on the words Thomas spoke.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 05 2012,04:51)

[PDF] SOURCE

Hi Frank,

Good article.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

HA Ha, I see we both copied the same part of his article.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 05 2012,04:35)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 04 2012,23:56)

according to paul

gal 1.8

Your posts are confusing.
    I believe what the scriptures say; that Jesus is the SON of God.
    To say anything otherwise is to go against scripture.

John 1:34   And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

John 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:25   Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 11:27   She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31   But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:37   And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

journey

i believe that Christ is the Son of God.
    but your belief is not the whole truth.
    the bible also says that Christ is God.

john 20.28
    thomas said to jesus, MY LORD AND MY GOD!

that is a very clear words from the apostle

jammin
    Participant

mike,

do not compare your gods to Christ.

Christ came from heaven. he is the ONLY SON OF GOD!

he was with God from the beginning. john 1.1

your gods are not really God by nature. they are created. they are not the ONLY SON OF GOD

the bible says that the son and the father are equal
    phil 2.6
    they have the same nature. the Son or the WORD in john 1.1 was GOD

the son is truly GOD!

how many times do i need to tell you that by exmple, you are truly HUMAN just like your father bec you have the same nature.
    you are both HUMAN or MAN by nature.

and as man, you are limited. you are created and not all powerful. bec you are MAN and that is your nature as MAN.

that is why im askin you what is the nature of God. until now you are not answering this question
    i told you to ask some help

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Do you believe “Christ” has a father?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

of course. just like you boy. you have a father and you are both TRULY HUMAN.
    unless you do not want to accept this truth that u are truly HUMAN. are you an animaL?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 05 2012,13:48)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 05 2012,13:33)
    Hi Jammin,

Do you believe “Christ” has a father?

God bless
    Ed J

of course.

Hi Jammin: Who's “The Father of Spirits” mentioned in Hebrews 12:9?

“Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us,
    and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in sub-
    jection unto  the Father of spirits,  and live?” (Heb. 12:9)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 9,141 through 9,160 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account