JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,641 through 8,660 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2012,08:58)

Quote (942767 @ July 12 2012,15:36)
    Hi:

I have this revelation to share with you.

The “Logos” which is “the Word which God has spoken” which in John 1 pertains to Jesus “became flesh”.

This the propetic Word of God which is not a spiritual being who became flesh otherwise you would have and “the Word was God” which you say is Jesus and if so, “Jesus is God” and “the Word became flesh” or “God became flesh”.

On the other hand Jesus stated the following when explaining what he meant by stating that he was the bread of life that came down from heaven and explaining those scriptures about eating his flesh and drinking his blood:

Jhn 6:63   It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life

This is the Rhema Word of God which is the Word of God which is spoken to humanity with the intent of it being obeyed and so becoming a part of a person's spirit, and so, the “spirit” does not become “flesh” but the spirit is the life that is lived through the body which happens to be flesh.

Hebrews 1 states:

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,  

Hbr 1:2   Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I have this revelation to share with you.

this revelation of yours is not from scriptures nor is in line with them ,

so I pass

And so, he said that if someone did not want to hear the truth for me to “shake the dust off my feet” for a testimony against that city of that person.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

And so, he said that if someone did not want to hear the truth for me to “shake the dust off my feet” for a testimony against that city of that person.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

this respond is so organized religion ,and those words so miss understood ,DO YOU KNOW WHY CHRIST NEVER JOINT ANY OF THOSE RELIGION IN HIS TIME ??? AND WHY DID HE AND HIS APOSTLES STILL WERE GOING TO THE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM ???

AND ONE MORE THING ;2Co 11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine.
    2Co 11:11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!
    2Co 11:12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.
    2Co 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
    2Co 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
    2Co 11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

the word of God his the truth and I will stand with it forever .

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 12 2012,06:49)
    I don't think “begot” is the right word to use of an utterance that came out of someone's mouth, Kerwin.  Nor have you likely ever said you “begot” any of the words you have spoken in your lifetime.  

You said:

and in the Word is love; which is the light and life of men?

I know it is scriptural that in the Word is life.  (John 1:4)  And I know it's scriptural that in Jesus is life.  (1 John 5:11)

I don't know about children of God being begotten “through His word”.  Scripture?

Mike,

This is the passage I was referring to.

1 Peter 1:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Here Jesus infers that both he and John the Baptist are the children of Wisdom.

Matthew 11:19
    King James Version (KJV)

19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 13 2012,12:20)

Quote (Ed J @ July 12 2012,13:32)

Hi Frank, allow me to change the question so we can understand your belief then.

When do you believe Yashua was begotten of by God?

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J,

(A)Since when did you take interest in understanding what it is that I believe? (B)Since you said “we”, are you taking it upon yourself to speak for others in that they are interested in understanding what it is that I believe? (C)It seems to me that you would already be aware of why some do not believe that Miriam was a virgin when she gave birth to Yahshua and that Yahseph was his biological father.

PAREIDOLIA

Hi Frank,

A) Since always
    B) Yes
    C) Do understand why most of us believe Mary was a virgin?

Now will you please answer my question? (see above quote box)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 13 2012,13:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2012,12:26)
    This is the first I'm hearing of either of those UNSCRIPTURAL claims, Frank.  Can you enlighten us IN YOUR OWN WORDS?

Mike,

Now you want to be enlighten “IN [MY] OWN WORDS” by what you believe to be “UNSCRIPTURAL claims”?  :D

PAREIDOLIA

:D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 13 2012,14:04)
    Hi Ed:

God was “justified in the spirit”?  No, God did not become flesh.  God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

2Cr 5:18   And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  

2Cr 5:19   To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  

Hi Marty,

God tabernacles in our flesh.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 13 2012,15:08)

Hi Ed:

God was “justified in the spirit”?  No, God did not become flesh.  God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

2Cr 5:18   And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  

2Cr 5:19   To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  

Hi Marty,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Ed:

That is correct. The body of Christ is the “temple of the Holy Ghost”, but God did not become flesh. God is a Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2012,14:44)
    Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

this respond is so organized religion ,and those words so miss understood ,DO YOU KNOW WHY CHRIST NEVER JOINT ANY OF THOSE RELIGION IN HIS TIME ??? AND WHY DID HE AND HIS APOSTLES STILL WERE GOING TO THE TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM ???

AND ONE MORE THING ;2Co 11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine.
    2Co 11:12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.
    2Co 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
    2Co 11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Hi Pierre:

God is the judge.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2012,11:19)

Quote (terraricca @ July 13 2012,14:44)
    Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Pierre:

God is the judge.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

no answers ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Ed:

Hi Marty,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

EDj.

God is in heaven and Jesus is sitting next to him:

The spirit of God and of Christ is in us.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 14 2012,04:15)

Hi Ed:

Hi Marty,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Hi Ed:

That is correct.  The body of Christ is the “temple of the Holy Ghost”, but God did not become flesh.  God is a Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

“The Word” was God                  (John 1:1)
    “The Word” was made flesh       (John 1:14)

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,05:08)

942767,July wrote:

Hi Marty,

God bless

Ed,

You are making assumptions about how the Word is God and how the Word is made flesh.

Reveal how you arrived at your conclusions and how they relate to the idea that God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ July 12 2012,20:16)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 12 2012,09:56)

Quote (942767 @ July 11 2012,15:36)
    This the propetic Word of God which is not a spiritual being who became flesh otherwise you would have and “the Word was God” which you say is Jesus and if so, “Jesus is God” and “the Word became flesh” or “God became flesh”.

Marty,

You will NEVER come to a true understanding of scripture until you rid yourself of the Trinitarian translation, “and the Word was God”.  Using this flawed translation, it wouldn't matter WHAT the Word was, because John 1:14 will ALWAYS end up teaching that God became flesh.

It's a simple equation:

THE WORD WAS GOD + THE WORD BECAME FLESH = GOD BECAME FLESH

Now, it appears that you don't believe God became flesh, right?  Neither do I.  But there is no SENSIBLE way around God becoming flesh when using that flawed translation of John 1:1c.

Nor does that flawed translation make a lick of sense to begin with.  Marty, when you wrote the post I'm responding to, was Marty with you?

See?  If you ARE Marty, there is no way you can also be WITH Marty.  The only way MARTY can be with MARTY is if there are more than one MARTY.  And the only way GOD can be with GOD is if there are more than one GOD.

Marty, John 1:1 speaks of a Word who was with THE God in the beginning, and was also a god.  This one, as a god himself, was existing in the form of THE God, but became flesh (emptied himself and was made in the likeness of a human being).

Eventually, you will know this for a fact.  I'm just trying to get you there a little sooner.

Hi Mike:

And so, if you translate John 1:1c as you want to say it should be, “a god was with God” and a god was God, and “a god” became flesh.

Is this what you want me to believe?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No Marty,

I want you to believe what John was actually teaching us: The one who has the title “the Word of God” was with THE God in the beginning, and the one who has the title “the Word of God” was himself a god.

John 1:1 NWT
    In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 12 2012,20:30)
    Mike,

Now you want to be enlighten “IN [MY] OWN WORDS” by what you believe to be “UNSCRIPTURAL claims”? :D

I doubt “enlighten” is the right word to use, Frank. It is more fitting to say I'm curious about where you even came up with such lame-brain, unscriptural ideas in the first place.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 14 2012,12:42)

Quote (Ed J @ July 14 2012,05:08)

942767,July wrote:

Hi Marty,

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

You are making assumptions about how the Word is God and how the Word is made flesh.

Reveal how you arrived at your conclusions and how they relate to the idea that God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.

Hi Kerwin,

God lives in the flesh through his Spirit.  (this is exactly what I meant; thanks!)   :)   

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 13 2012,15:05)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ July 13 2012,12:20)

Quote (Ed J @ July 12 2012,13:32)

Hi Frank, allow me to change the question so we can understand your belief then.

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J,

(A)Since when did you take interest in understanding what it is that I believe? (B)Since you said “we”, are you taking it upon yourself to speak for others in that they are interested in understanding what it is that I believe? (C)It seems to me that you would already be aware of why some do not believe that Miriam was a virgin when she gave birth to Yahshua and that Yahseph was his biological father.

PAREIDOLIA

Hi Frank,

A) Since always
    B) Yes
    C) Do understand why most of us believe Mary was a virgin?

Now will you please answer my question? (see above quote box)

God bless

[VIDEOS] PT 1 MYTH DESTROYERS , THE VIRGIN BIRTH MYTH

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Frank,

1. At conception/birth
    2. At baptism
    3. At resurrection?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Christ is the WORD in john 1.1
    believe it or not
    you cant deny the truth
    the bible says that

these dreamer boys are always dreaming

Ed J
    Participant

Sorry, but “The Bible” doesn't say that.

Spock
    Participant

From The Urantia Revealtion

The Incarnation — Making Two One

(1331.1) 120:4.1 And so certain unworthy children of Michael, who had accused their Creator-father of selfishly seeking rulership and indulged the insinuation that the Creator Son was arbitrarily and autocratically upheld in power by virtue of the unreasoning loyalty of a deluded universe of subservient creatures, were to be silenced forever and left confounded and disillusioned by the life of self-forgetful service which the Son of God now entered upon as the Son of Man — all the while subject to “the will of the Paradise Father.”

(1331.2) 120:4.2 But make no mistake; Christ Michael, while truly a dual-origin being, was not a double personality. He was not God in association with man but, rather, God incarnate in man. And he was always just that combined being. The only progressive factor in such a nonunderstandable relationship was the progressive self-conscious realization and recognition (by the human mind) of this fact of being God and man.

(1331.3) 120:4.3 Christ Michael did not progressively become God. God did not, at some vital moment in the earth life of Jesus, become man. Jesus was God and man — always and even forevermore. And this God and this man were, and now are, one, even as the Paradise Trinity of three beings is in reality one Deity.

(1331.4) 120:4.4 Never lose sight of the fact that the supreme spiritual purpose of the Michael bestowal was to enhance the revelation of God.

(1331.5) 120:4.5 Urantia mortals have varying concepts of the miraculous, but to us who live as citizens of the local universe there are few miracles, and of these by far the most intriguing are the incarnational bestowals of the Paradise Sons. The appearance in and on your world, by apparently natural processes, of a divine Son, we regard as a miracle — the operation of universal laws beyond our understanding. Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous person.

(1331.6) 120:4.6 In and through all this extraordinary experience, God the Father chose to manifest himself as he always does — in the usual way — in the normal, natural, and dependable way of divine acting. UB

I ask, where does personality come from?

Colter

Viewing 20 posts - 8,641 through 8,660 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account