JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,541 through 8,560 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 08 2012,19:04)
    Hi Mike,

“The Word's” glory is – the father begetting children.

That's not even close to what the scripture says, Ed.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 09 2012,12:30)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike: yes it is…

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
    compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2012,11:50)

Quote (942767 @ July 09 2012,16:59)

Quote (terraricca @ July 05 2012,08:23)

Quote (942767 @ July 05 2012,14:14)

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2012,03:56)

Quote (942767 @ July 03 2012,12:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 03 2012,08:48)

And is it scriptural that, WHILE JESUS WAS ON EARTH, he was the only begotten Son of God?  YES or NO?

No.

No?

Hi Ed:

I said no, because of the following scripture:

Jhn 1:12   But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:  

Jhn 1:13   Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God

But since the disciples did not receive the Holy Ghost until the day of Pentecost, perphaps I should have answered yes instead of no.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Jn 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

this was 50 days before the high room

Hi Pierre:

I am aware of this scripture, but they did not actually receive the Holy Ghost until the day of Pentecost.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You are just like those unbelievers ,who says ,yes I know the bible but it is not the truth ,

Do you never wander why that scripture is there ? and how it contradict your claim but how the truth stopped to influence you ,you have become passive to it ,

Hi Pierre:

And so, instead of critisizing me, tell me why it is there since the disciples obviously did not receive the Holy Ghost until the day of pentecost.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 09 2012,12:57)

And is it scriptural that, WHILE JESUS WAS ON EARTH, he was the only begotten Son of God?  YES or NO?

No.

No?

Hi Ed:

Jhn 1:12   But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:  

Jhn 1:13   Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God

But since the disciples did not receive the Holy Ghost until the day of Pentecost, perphaps I should have answered yes instead of no.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

I am aware of this scripture, but they did not actually receive the Holy Ghost until the day of Pentecost.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

You are just like those unbelievers ,who says ,yes I know the bible but it is not the truth ,

Do you never wander why that scripture is there ? and how it contradict your claim but how the truth stopped to influence you ,you have become passive to it ,

Hi Pierre:

And so, instead of critisizing me, tell me why it is there since the disciples obviously did not receive the Holy Ghost until the day of pentecost.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Pierre:

Act 1:1 ¶ The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 1:4 ¶ And, being assembled together with [them], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, [saith he], ye have heard of me.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 1:9 ¶ And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 09 2012,19:57)

No.

No?

Hi Ed:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

why is that that scripture says that Christ himself give the 11 the holy spirit

and you still not believe it ??? why

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 09 2012,12:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 09 2012,12:30)

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike: yes it is…

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
    compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless

non sense.
    a true preacher knows how to read the context.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 09 2012,06:36)

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2012,06:57)

Quote (jammin @ July 08 2012,09:20)
    John 1:14

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

14 The Word became a human being. He made his home with us. We have seen his glory. It is the glory of the one and only Son.

He came from the Father. And he was full of grace and truth.

Jammin,

That Scripture states the Word has a glory like the only begotten of God.  It does not state the Word is the only begotten of God.  

Philo of Alexander, a Jew of the First Century, does claim that the Word is the first begotten of God, but he does not claim he is a actual person.

New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

14 The Word became a human being. He made his home with us. We have seen his glory. It is the glory of the one and only Son.

He came from the Father. And he was full of grace and truth.

study hard boy

Jammin,

Of course the Utterance of God comes from Jehovah; and is full of grace and truth.

Of course the Utterance made his home with believers as Jehovah foretold that he would write the Utterance on his peoples minds and put it in their heart.

Why do yo have trouble understanding these things?

jammin
    Participant

i do not have trouble understanding the verse boy.
    the verse said that the WORD is the son of GOD.
    stop sniffing mosquito coil bec that is bad for your brain. you are always using your imagination. that is not the right way to read a bible

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 09 2012,11:33)

Quote (942767 @ July 08 2012,18:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 05 2012,05:23)

Quote (942767 @ July 01 2012,16:23)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 02 2012,01:14)

Quote (942767 @ June 30 2012,20:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 30 2012,10:14)
    Marty,

Is it scriptural that John the Baptist called Jesus “the Lamb of God” – even though Jesus wasn't literally a lamb?  YES or NO?

Yes.

Hi Marty,

And is it scriptural that Jesus is called by the name “the Word of God” – even though he is not literally a spoke word from God?   YES or NO?

Yes.

And is it scriptural that Jesus is called the “monogenes” Son of God?  YES or NO?

Yes.

And is it scriptural that the Word who became flesh dwelled on earth with the glory of the “monogenes” Son of God?  YES or NO?

Mike, shame on you for trying to put words in my mouth:

No, “not the Word who became flesh”. That is not what the scripture states.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2012,13:38)

No.

No?

Hi Ed:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Who said that I did not believe that it is Jesus who baptizes with the Holy Spirit?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 10 2012,14:19)

Quote (terraricca @ July 09 2012,13:38)

No.

No?

Hi Ed:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Who said that I did not believe that it is Jesus who baptizes with the Holy Spirit?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

read all your comments and you can understand that you have not say the truth but your view

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Is “The Word's” glory seen? – if so –  HOW?      <– please answer

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ July 09 2012,14:15)
    Mike, shame on you for trying to put words in my mouth:

No, “not the Word who became flesh”. That is not what the scripture states.

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Okay, I give up. Tell me how what I posted is not what the scripture says.

jammin
    Participant

through kindness and truth
    generous inside and out.

John 1:14-17

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

14 The Word became
    a human being
    and lived here with us.
    We saw his true glory,
    the glory of the only Son
    of the Father.
    From him all the kindness
    and all the truth of God
    have come down to us.

15 John spoke about him and shouted, “This is the one I told you would come! He is greater than I am, because he was alive before I was born.”

16 Because of all that the Son is, we have been given one blessing after another. 17 The Law was given by Moses, but Jesus Christ brought us undeserved kindness and truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ July 09 2012,16:41)
    i do not have trouble understanding the verse boy.
    the verse said that the WORD is the son of GOD.
    stop sniffing mosquito coil bec that is bad for your brain. you are always using your imagination. that is not the right way to read a bible

Jammin;

There is nothing in John 1:15 that states the Word is the Son of God even though I believe the Word is the first begotten of God and that everything that has been made was made by the Utterance of God. John 1:14 is teaching us how the Word first came to be written on the mind of humanity and within their heart;; so fulfilling prophecy. It also tells us the Word has a glory like the only begotten of God; full of grace and truth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ July 09 2012,20:24)
    I believe the Word is the first begotten of God………

So you think John 1:1 speaks of the first begotten of God who was both with God and was God in the beginning?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2012,08:36)

So you think John 1:1 speaks of the first begotten of God who was both with God and was God in the beginning?

Mike;

You know that the Utterance of Jehovah goes forth from Jehovah.  Since it goes forth we know it was with him before going forth.

You know that God does not transgress his Utterance and so demonstrates his Utterance is written in his mind and put in his heart.  Since his Utterance is in his heart you can say that his Utterance is him; just as it is written “God is Love”, 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16.

These things are not hard to understand.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2012,21:26)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 10 2012,08:36)

Mike;

You know that the Utterance of Jehovah goes forth from Jehovah.  Since it goes forth we know it was with him before going forth.

You know that God does not transgress his Utterance and so demonstrates his Utterance is written in his mind and put in his heart.  Since his Utterance is in his heart you can say that his Utterance is him; just as it is written “God is Love”, 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16.

These things are not hard to understand.

k

utterancesplural of ut·ter·ance (Noun)
    Noun:
    A spoken word, statement, or vocal sound.
    The action of saying or expressing something aloud: “the simple utterance of a few platitudes”.
    More info »Merriam-Webster – The Free Dictionary

so my question is this ;

was God mute before he start to create or deaf ??? this would be the start of our argument

kerwin
    Participant

T;

God uttered and the first thing came to be; nothing or no one, but him, existed before his utterance was begotten from him. Each and every thing has been created by God's Utterance.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 10 2012,22:38)
    T;

God uttered and the first thing came to be; nothing or no one, but him,  existed before his utterance was begotten from him.  Each and every thing has been created by God's Utterance.

K

if you talk and make your utterance if you want it heard, then you would need someone that listen to it right ???

Viewing 20 posts - 8,541 through 8,560 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account