JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,381 through 8,400 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2012,21:44)
    Your negative opinions carry little to no meaning.

edj

I know, :D :D :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,15:37)

edj

I know, :D  :D  :D

Hi Pierre,

As long as it doesn't bother you.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2012,22:44)

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,15:37)

edj

I know, :D  :D  :D

Hi Pierre,

As long as it doesn't bother you.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

just like Nick :D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,06:24)

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,18:02)
    T;

Scripture states the righteous live by faith.  They also state that without faith you cannot please.  The one who does not trust Jehovah does not believe he is who he is because he is Trustworthy.

K

read the scriptures more and more you needed ,faith is it trust ???

what is the difference ???

and where is it written that Christ had faith ???

T;

It is written that the righteous live by faith. Jesus lived a a righteous life even though tempted by sin even as is common to humanity. Therefore he lived that life by faith and still lives by faith as without faith you cannot please God, Hebrews 11:6.

The definition I have read for faith is trust in something. Abraham trusted in God's word and it was credited to him as righteousness.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2012,00:11)

T;

Scripture states the righteous live by faith.  They also state that without faith you cannot please.  The one who does not trust Jehovah does not believe he is who he is because he is Trustworthy.

K

T;

It is written that the righteous live by faith.  Jesus lived a a righteous life even though tempted by sin even as is common to humanity.  Therefore he lived that life by faith and still lives by faith as without faith you cannot please God, Hebrews 11:6.

The definition I have read for faith is trust in something.  Abraham trusted in God's word and it was credited to him as righteousness.

K

So you do not know ,and so keep talking and talking and not answering the questions,

Faith is believing NO??? So now it is also Trust ??? You say yes,

But show the scripture that says Christ had faith

Not your opinion,ok

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Does scripture tell us when or why Jesus started being called the Word of God?  If it does, that is news to me.

Anyway, your response was irrelevant to my question.  I only want to know if God meant Jesus when he spoke of putting His word in His people's inward parts in Jer 31:33.  Do you think God was talking about Jesus in that scripture?

I know that Jehovah did write the Word upon Jesus' heart and place it into his heart for Isaiah 42:1 teaches us that.  John 1:14 speaks of a time when the Word was made flesh and John the Baptist recognized the Word in Jesus when Jesus came to him to be immersed.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2012,00:39)
    Mike,

Does scripture tell us when or why Jesus started being called the Word of God?  If it does, that is news to me.

Anyway, your response was irrelevant to my question.  I only want to know if God meant Jesus when he spoke of putting His word in His people's inward parts in Jer 31:33.  Do you think God was talking about Jesus in that scripture?

I know that Jehovah did write the Word upon Jesus' heart and place it into his heart for Isaiah 42:1 teaches us that.  John 1:14 speaks of a time when the Word was made flesh and John the Baptist recognized the Word in Jesus hen Jesus came to him to be immersed.

K

We're does it say that
    John saw the word in Christ ??? John almost refuse to baptize Christ and Jesus hardly says anything to
    John ,so we're do get your opinions from ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,12:33)

T;

K

T;

It is written that the righteous live by faith.  Jesus lived a a righteous life even though tempted by sin even as is common to humanity.  Therefore he lived that life by faith and still lives by faith as without faith you cannot please God, Hebrews 11:6.

The definition I have read for faith is trust in something.  Abraham trusted in God's word and it was credited to him as righteousness.

K

So you do not know ,and so keep talking and talking and not answering the questions,

Faith is believing NO???  So now it is also Trust ??? You say yes,

Not your opinion,ok

T;

Your words reveal you do not understand Scripture because if you did then you would know:

1) Jesus could not be righteous without faith.

2) Jesus could not please Jehovah without faith.

There is no opinion here; just belief in the Word of God.  I looked up the definition of and was taught the archaic definition was trust. I also looked up the synonym and was told that one usage is “trust in something”.  That is not my opinion as it is a definition of faith.  I employed that usage in the case of Abraham.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 30 2012,00:56)

Quote (terraricca @ June 29 2012,12:33)

T;

K

T;

K

Faith is believing NO???  So now it is also Trust ??? You say yes,

Not your opinion,ok

T;

Your words reveal you do not understand Scripture because if you did then you would know:

1) Jesus could not be righteous without faith.

2) Jesus could not please Jehovah without faith.

There is no opinion here; just belief in the Word of God.  I looked up the definition of and was taught the archaic definition was trust. I also looked up the synonym and was told that one usage is “trust in something”.  That is not my opinion as it is a definition of faith.  I employed that usage in the case of Abraham.

K

If my father is known to me then I would not have faith in him but would trust him ,

Now not only you can not give me that scripture I ask,but you claim that Christ his born from an unknown father ,

And why would Christ call to have faith in him and his God, and so did the apostles teachings,???

Now Hebrew 11 talks about what is faith ,is this what Christ had or teaches ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ June 28 2012,22:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2012,12:28)
    Wakeup,

I have no clue what question those verses are supposed to answer, or what you're trying to tell me with them.

MokeB.

Your question: Does it say in scripture, when Jesus was called the word of God?
    My answer; yes,in rev.19:13.
    ————————————————-
    You notice in isiah 43:11. it says,that beside me there is no saviour?

But then in 44:6. It mentioined the king of israel AND HIS REDEEMER,THE LORD OF HOST.(??).
    Is this a contradiction?

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

Look at my question again. I asked if scripture tells us when and why Jesus started being called the Word of God. I agree that he is called that in Rev 19:13, but Kerwin has inferred that Jesus was given this name because of the faith he displayed as a human being. I was asking him for a scripture that supported his claim.

And no, there is no contradiction in the two Is scriptures you posted. Calling Jehovah our ONLY Savior is obviously an emphatic statement, for we know of MANY other saviors He sent. Similarly, calling Him the ONLY elohim is emphatical, for the scriptures are loaded with MANY other elohim.

Why? Do YOU see a contradiction? What is it you're trying to teach me with those scriptures?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,00:11)
    The definition I have read for faith is trust in something.

Hebrews 11:1
    Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 29 2012,00:39)
    Mike,

I know that Jehovah did write the Word upon Jesus' heart and place it into his heart for Isaiah 42:1 teaches us that.  John 1:14 speaks of a time when the Word was made flesh and John the Baptist recognized the Word in Jesus when Jesus came to him to be immersed.

Kerwin,

Why not just directly answer the question I asked? ???

Did God mean “Jesus” when he spoke of putting His word in His people's inward parts in Jer 31:33? Do you think God was talking about Jesus in that scripture? YES or NO?

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2012,15:02)

Quote (942767 @ June 27 2012,21:36)

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2012,12:02)
    Marty

Son made of a woman

I have never seen this in scriptures can you point it out to me ,

and is the offspring not from the man rather than a women ,is it not the man that fertilized the women ????

is it not the male that provide live ??? and so how can a women be of any importance to the son of God ??? does God deals with women in an human way ???or flesh way ???

Christ his the only begotten son of God and the WORD OF GOD, that God allows him to be going trough the sacrifice for all of creation ,the main reason that it can not be God ,is because God almighty the creator does not give his live for his creation,but his son who love s his father did it and so came down to be vested in flesh and die for the salvation of all men and creation,because ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM, this shows that he was the first of that creation,and so all the supreme tittles will go to him ,

his mother was a surrogate mother ,a devoted women to her God ,just has we all should be and let God use us as he pleases,many examples in scriptures,

Hi Pierre:

Here is the scripture:

l
    Galatians 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

I am not sure that I am understanding the rest of your questions.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

so was his son SEND TO THE WOMEN ??? OR WHAT ???

Hi Pierre:

God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and sent him into the world in his earthly ministry to preach the gospel. Here are the scriptures for your study:

Luke 4:18
    The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2012,10:39)

Quote (942767 @ June 26 2012,21:31)
    Hi Mike:

Yes, my name is Marty, and his name is Jesus is that not correct?  

He is called “the Everlasting Father”.  Is he “the Everlasting Father”, Mike?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

And if you also were known by the name “Sledgehammer”, could I look at you and say, “There goes Sledgehammer” – even though you are not LITERALLY a sledgehammer?  YES or NO?

And since Jesus is known by many other names besides “Jesus”, could John the Baptist see Jesus and say, “Behold, there goes the Lamb of God” – even though Jesus was not LITERALLY a Lamb?  YES or NO?

Could the Apostle John see Jesus and say, “Behold, there goes the Word of God” – even though Jesus was not LITERALLY a spoken word of God?  YES or NO?

Marty, please answer these questions this time.

As far as Isaiah 9:6, I don't know what to think.  Look at how it is in the Septuagint:
    Isaiah 9:6 LXX
    For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.

It says nothing about “god” or “father” for some reason.  But, if we are to take it from the Hebrew, consider these:
    Job 29:16
    I was a father to the needy, and I investigated the case of the person I did not know;

Isaiah 22
    20 “In that day I will summon my servant, Eliakim son of Hilkiah. 21 I will clothe him with your robe and fasten your sash around him and hand your authority over to him. He will be a father to those who live in Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.

2 Kings 2
    11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!”

In certain cases, the word “father” isn't literal, but refers to a “protector”.  And Jesus will be our everlasting protector, right?

But let's not stray, Marty.  I REALLY want to know why Jesus, who has “the Word of God” as one of his many names, couldn't have been called by that name in by John in 1:1 and 1:14.  Do you have a SCRIPTURAL reason John could not have been referring to Jesus in these verses?  Or just PERSONAL ones?

I mean, if I saw Jesus coming on the clouds today, and I said to you, “Look Marty!  Here comes the Word of God!”, wouldn't you know I was referring to Jesus?

Hi Mike:

And so, now you want to make up your own scriptures to justify your stance?

Let's just stick to what the scriptures state.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Marty,

Is it scriptural that John the Baptist called Jesus “the Lamb of God” – even though Jesus wasn't literally a lamb? YES or NO?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 30 2012,16:46)

Marty

Son made of a woman

and is the offspring not from the man rather than a women ,is it not the man that fertilized the women ????

is it not the male that provide live ??? and so how can a women be of any importance to the son of God ??? does God deals with women in an human way ???or flesh way ???

Christ his the only begotten son of God and the WORD OF GOD, that God allows him to be going trough the sacrifice for all of creation ,the main reason that it can not be God ,is because God almighty the creator does not give his live for his creation,but his son who love s his father did it and so came down to be vested in flesh and die for the salvation of all men and creation,because ALL THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM, this shows that he was the first of that creation,and so all the supreme tittles will go to him ,

his mother was a surrogate mother ,a devoted women to her God ,just has we all should be and let God use us as he pleases,many examples in scriptures,

Hi Pierre:

Here is the scripture:

l
    Galatians 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Hi Pierre:

God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and sent him into the world in his earthly ministry to preach the gospel.  Here are the scriptures for your study:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you do not answer my question, your scriptures do not answer my question ,neither answer your view ,

Jn 1:10 He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him (Jesus christ), to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

what was that name ???verse 12

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him (Jesus). He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

how could this be that Jesus existed before John the Baptist we all know it was the other way around in the flesh ???

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2012,10:29)

Marty

Son made of a woman

Hi Pierre:

Here is the scripture:

l

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and sent him into the world in his earthly ministry to preach the gospel.  Here are the scriptures for your study:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

you do not answer my question, your scriptures do not answer my question ,neither answer your view ,

Jn 1:10 He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him (Jesus christ), to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him (Jesus). He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

how could this be that Jesus existed before John the Baptist  we all know it was the other way around in the flesh ???

Hi Pierre:

The name is “Jesus” which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

And he is before all of God's creation in the sense that God created every thing that he created by him and for him. God's plan before the world began was to reconcile the world unto Himself through His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.

Hebrews 1
    King James Version (KJV)
    1GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

I hope that this answers your questions to your satisfaction.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

To ALL,

I see some here have questioned whether Yahshua had faith. He most certainly did!

Yahshua Messiah had faith, in fact, he is the leader and perfecter of faith. If we believe in him, we live by his faith also.

The Faithful Witness:

‘And from Yahshua Messiah, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead and ruler of the kings of the earth” (Revelation 1:5).

“So be it, the faithful and true witness, the reason of Yahweh’s creation” (Revelation 3:14).

The Faithful High Priest:

“Therefore, he had to become like his brothers in every way, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest before Yahweh to expiate the sins of the people.” (Hebrews 2:14)

Yahshua Was Faithful to the One Who Appointed Him:

“…Yahshua, the apostle and high priest of our confession, was faithful to the One Who appointed him, just as Moshe was faithful in his house” (Hebrews 3:2).

Yahshua Was Faithful as a Son Placed Over His House:

“But Messiah was faithful as a son placed over His house. We are His house, if we hold fast to our courage and are confident in our hope.” (Hebrews 3:6).

WHO IS THE WORD?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 30 2012,18:29)

Quote (terraricca @ June 30 2012,10:29)

Marty

Son made of a woman

Hi Pierre:

Here is the scripture:

l

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

how could this be that Jesus existed before John the Baptist  we all know it was the other way around in the flesh ???

Hi Pierre:

The name is “Jesus” which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

And he is before all of God's creation in the sense that God created every thing that he created by him and for him.  God's plan before the world began was to reconcile the world unto Himself through His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.

Hebrews 1
    King James Version (KJV)
    1GOD, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worl
    ds
    ;

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

I hope that this answers your questions to your satisfaction.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

he name is “Jesus” which means “Jehovah is salvation”.

And he is before all of God's creation in the sense that God created every thing that he created by him and for him. God's plan before the world began was to reconcile the world unto Himself through His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.

this I agree with you so Jesus was not born (created as a being at his manlike birth right ??)

as you pointing out the scriptures that say this right ???

Participant

Hi Pierre:

Jesus was born of a woman just as all men after the First Adam have been except that he was not born of the sperm of man, but God by His Holy Spirit overshadowed the virgin Mary and she conceived in her womb. And so, although he was and is a man, God is His Father. He was not fathered by any man.

Romans 1
    King James Version (KJV)
    1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 8,381 through 8,400 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account