JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 8,261 through 8,280 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Will you not share that glory?

NickHassan
    Participant

2 Corinthians 3:18
    But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
    1 Corinthians 11:7
    For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
    2 Corinthians 3:18
    But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
    Colossians 1:27
    To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
    2 Thessalonians 2:14
    Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So Nick,

Is your answer that thousands, perhaps even millions or billions, have dwelled on earth with the glory of God's only begotten Son?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Many are called but few are chosen.
    How many are one with the Son of God?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 22 2012,18:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,13:42)
    Hi WU,
    Indeed the man Jesus was found sinless at the Jordan and fit for infilling by the Spirit-by obedience to the Law

so before at the jordan, he is not sinless?

is that what you mean?

Jammin.

Do you believe that Jesus was born without sin?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God[rom8].
    Rebirth means we are given the power to BECOME sons.[Jn1.12]
    Half the bridesmaids did not do so but the investment in them came to nought.

So also with lk 19 12f

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

None of that addresses my question, as far as I can tell. There is only ONE who was EVER said to have dwelled on earth among mankind with the glory of God's only begotten Son. That one was Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Have you not yet become one with him or is he still an icon to you?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 22 2012,13:12)
    Frank;

It is written:

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

If the angel had spoken English then Miriam? would have heard  “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name TheLordIsSalvation”.  

I am not even sure Mary is a Hebrew name; while it is written that Joseph took her and Jesus down to Egypt; where the city of Alexandria was the home of many Hellenized Jews; who had forgotten their native tongue.  She may also have had a Roman name as a citizen of said empire.  

I believe the name means “wished for child” as the inheritance to David's throne comes through her.  Mary  on the other hand is said to be a Latin name; though it may appear in other languages as well.

kerwin,

That is so hilarious, since the English language was not even in existence then! In fact, “TheLordIsSalvation” is not even a name! :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,17:03)
    Hi MB,
    Will you not share that glory?

N

Scriptures are saying if my memory still good,that Christ shares the glory of God his father ,

All his disciples that are redeemed from the earth will share His share of the glory ,right

Those are two different GLORIES

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    What does scripture say?
    Is Christ divided from God or united with Him?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,22:43)
    Hi T,
    What does scripture say?
    Is Christ divided from God or united with Him?

N

what the father gives to the son ,the son if he want to share it it is up to him,

but it would not be the same ;DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS ???their is no division

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    One in Christ in God is the plan of God.
    CHRIST Jesus is glorified in US.[Jn 17.5-10]

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,23:05)
    Hi T,
    One in Christ in God is the plan of God.
    CHRIST Jesus is glorified in US.[Jn 17.5-10]

N

what I want to point out to you is this ;

God gives to Christ ,this his a direct action from God to his son ;

now Christ does share his glory with his 144 k + 12 brothers ;this his not direct from God ,

do you understand ???

this places Christ second to his father without anyone sharing the equal glory of Christ from God ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    In what way?
    Are you not in Christ?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2012,23:48)
    Hi T,
    In what way?
    Are you not in Christ?

n

what is it you did not understood ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Become as a child

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,19:48)
    Hi MB,
    Have you not yet become one with him or is he still an icon to you?

Nick,

I don't know what your comment has to do with what I'm asking. My point is that there is only ONE “only begotten Son of God” who is ever mentioned in scripture. That ONE is Jesus.

In John 1:14, it is that ONE who became flesh, and therefore that ONE who was called “the Word”.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2012,00:56)
    Hi T,
    Become as a child

N

It seems you are running out of intelligent answers

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 23 2012,13:27)

Quote (kerwin @ June 22 2012,13:12)
    Frank;

It is written:

Luke 1:31
    King James Version (KJV)

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

If the angel had spoken English then Miriam? would have heard  “And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name TheLordIsSalvation”.  

I am not even sure Mary is a Hebrew name; while it is written that Joseph took her and Jesus down to Egypt; where the city of Alexandria was the home of many Hellenized Jews; who had forgotten their native tongue.  She may also have had a Roman name as a citizen of said empire.  

I believe the name means “wished for child” as the inheritance to David's throne comes through her.  Mary  on the other hand is said to be a Latin name; though it may appear in other languages as well.

kerwin,

That is so hilarious, since the English language was not even in existence then! In fact, “TheLordIsSalvation” is not even a name! :D

kerwin,

To correct you, the English name would be Yahshua (commonly rendered 'Joshua') which has the meaning 'Yahweh is Redeemer'.

Viewing 20 posts - 8,261 through 8,280 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account